PDA

View Full Version : iPod Question

Partymember
10-05-2007, 04:38 PM
so i finally caved and i'm looking for an El Pod-o. The Shuffle is nice because if i lose it i'm only down $80, but the capacity of around 200 songs is a little limited. However, its still a cool little package.

so here's the question. The music from my CD's thats on my computer: can i put that in my iPod or would i have to download the songs. If i need to download, how annoying will that be with dialup?

thanks guys 8-)

EDIT: the Shuffle is compatable with stereo and car iPod accesories, right?

Imaginary Light
10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, you can transfer songs from your CDs right into iTunes and then sync that to your iPod. It's really simple:bloogrin:

But I can't help you with questions about the shuffle, because I only own a video iPod.

Sparky
10-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I have an old iPod Photo (30GB) and GM has a mini. But yes, tons of the accessories are for Shuffle, just check the package and make sure. I love my Photo, I've only used about half the storage plus I have photos of all my eight, two, and zero-legged "children" on it. ;)

To get songs into iTunes you either have to put the CD into your computer and import the songs off it OR just drag a music file onto the iTunes window. So if all those songs you have on your computer are accessible as files, you can just drag and drop them all.

iPods rule. I honestly can't believe all the trouble I went through before getting one.

Shelltoon
10-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Same here Sparky, but I'm kicking myself right now because when I bought it, they dropped the price $50. I have one of those 5th gen 30 gb, but it can't play a whole episode of Foster's, the battery is drained before it finishes, so I'm gonna get one of those "new" iPod classics (80 gb)

Partymember
10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
sweet.

I'll buy the Shuffle right now. Thanks ladies :D

vinny
10-12-2007, 06:29 PM
i have alot of ipods, 2 are shuffle., i rember how confusing it was. you can put almost any audio media on a shuffle. shuffles have a usb connection, a regular ipod has a dock connection set up so ipod car stuff wont work with it (unless it uses the headphone port). and the number of songs that the ipod can hold means nothing. like if you where to take a mp3 song and convert them to AAC format, you can put twice as many songs on it. you can also use a higher quality mp3 format if you have room to spear (you can do this by going to itunes>prefurences>advanced>importing). you can also use ipods as a memory stick or external hard drive, but i dont think anyone wants me to go on.

Partymember
10-12-2007, 08:24 PM
cool! thanks dude