PDA

View Full Version : Ep 10/19 - "Better Off Ed"

Ccook50
10-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Synopsis via TV Guide.com: Eduardo must cover his tracks after telling the nursery residents fibs that could catch up to him.

Airs at 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM, both Eastern.

Foster's Geek 287
10-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Woah. Thank you!

emperor26
10-05-2007, 06:50 AM
It's been a long time since there's an episode revolving around another character other than Mac or Bloo.

Anyway, this looks interesting.

cartman414
10-05-2007, 09:17 AM
New Ed-centric episode. All I can say is: awesome!

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Works for me; he's been my favorite IF since the beginning. About time he got another episode of his own. :)

fosters-fan
10-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Works for me; he's been my favorite IF since the beginning. About time he got another episode of his own. :)

I couldn't agree more! I was wondering when Eduardo would be the central character of another Foster's episode! I love the big guy! ^_^

antgirl1
10-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Woo hoo! More Eduardo! :D

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Of course, I will now have to reburn my dedicated Eduardo disks to include the new episode along with the earlier three, but I really don't mind doing that; it's a good excuse to watch Who Let The Dogs In?, Eddie Monster, and Land Of The Flea again. ;D

We really, really need an Eduardo smilie that's smiling.

antgirl1
10-05-2007, 11:31 AM

Lol, true. 8D

cartman414
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Of course, I will now have to reburn my dedicated Eduardo disks to include the new episode along with the earlier three, but I really don't mind doing that; it's a good excuse to watch Who Let The Dogs In?, Eddie Monster, and Land Of The Flea again. ;D

True. Granted though, what really counts is the quality of the Eduardo material, not just the quotient. I preferred him in the non-Ed-centric Bus the Two of Us over Eddie Monster, for instance.

Seconded, or rather, thirded, since I'm not the first to concur on this thread.

On that note, anyone think there should be an Eduardo "whistling" smiley, a la "Mac Daddy"?

Crash-N-Cortex
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Another new episode! Since it's about Eduardo, I would be watching. It's been a while since we seen an episode centered around Eduardo.

bloonuggets
10-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Or, for that matter, the loopy Eduardo acting like Chong in "Cheese A Go Go" (which was forced on Darrick Bachmann and Lauren Faust by CN execs.)

Sparky
10-05-2007, 08:12 PM
That reminds me BN, I saw a new babydoll tee at Hot Topic today with Eduardo on it; he looked normal but the quote was "I'm a lover, not a sucker" which I believe was from Cheese A Go-Go...

I will not be buying it. :P

fosters-fan
10-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Well, anyways, I hope this episode of Foster's will totally be worth watching! :smed:

Then again, many of the Foster's episodes so far in season five have been worth watching! And it'll be even more worth it because Eduardo's the star of the episode! Yep; he's my favorite, and always has been! XD

I can't wait to watch it! ^_^

Nem
10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Awwwwwwww man, I was so looking forward to this, then I realized I have a day shift at my job on Friday, so no new episode watching for me D:

This looks like a good one too, an episode that is more focused on another character besides Mac and Bloo =P

fosters-fan
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh, I saw a commercial of it not too long ago. It showed Eduardo as Deo! Ooh! I bet this'll be fun! XD

jekylljuice
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh, I saw a commercial of it not too long ago. It showed Eduardo as Deo! Ooh! I bet this'll be fun! XD

Really? So the Deo issue's being raised again? That would set my tail wagging, if I had one. Though I know better than to get my hopes up that we'll be seeing Kip again. Should be interesting, at any rate. :smed:

taranchula
10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Synopsis via TV Guide.com: Eduardo must cover his tracks after telling the nursery residents fibs that could catch up to him.

Airs at 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM, both Eastern.

Oh, I saw a commercial of it not too long ago. It showed Eduardo as Deo!

I wonder if that means that Ed's "fibs" involves putting himself in the starring role of previous adventures that didn't exactly revolve around him.

If that is the case, that would be a great way to poke fun at clip shows. (Kind of like what South Park did back in 1998 with their "clip show")

And if even if that is not the case, I am sure it will still be a good episode regardless.

Crash-N-Cortex
10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
After seeing the commericial for the episode, I had a feeling that the episode would similar to "Sweet Stench of Success".

kageri
10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
"I'm a lover, not a sucker"

...w.... what?

Uh, anyway, it'll be nice to get an Eduardo episode. Although I'm curious as to what the "fibs" could be. Eduardo doesn't seem like the type to do the kind of fibbing Bloo does.

One Radical Dude
10-15-2007, 07:12 PM
That reminds me BN, I saw a new babydoll tee at Hot Topic today with Eduardo on it; he looked normal but the quote was "I'm a lover, not a sucker" which I believe was from Cheese A Go-Go...

I will not be buying it. :P

Eh...I don't like the sound of that (even if they made a shirt for the guys to wear). :edmad: No me gusta.

Lynnie
10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Lol, that line is from "Cheese a Go-Go", when Ed is loopy and chasing people. He grabs hold of a lady and kisses the side of her head and she screams "He's sucking my brain! He's sucking my BRAIN!!" And Ed says "They're just kisses! I'm a lover, not a sucker!" As for that t-shirt Sparky was talking about, I've seen it, it's cute, but I won't be getting it either. If you aren't familiar with that episode, much less the show, it just doesn't sound...quite right. :-[ 8D

I remember Ed fibbing a bit in "Who Let the Dogs In", in trying to keep Herriman from finding out about Chewy and the puppies. Perhaps this fib he tells is in an effort to protect somebody from getting hurt or in trouble. Sounds just like something he would do. As for the Deo outfit, I doubt it'll be anything like "Sweet Stench of Success", although I wouldn't mind seeing Kip again myself.

fosters-fan
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Hey, guys! The latest episode of Foster's, otherwise titled 'Better Off Ed', will be airing tonight! I can't wait! ^_^

fosters-fan
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Did I mention that 'Better Off Ed' is on tonight at 7:30, 6:30 central? ;)

Bloonan
10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
It's on right now in my area. It looks funny. I won't spoil too much, but...
Ed's lies are completely swapping Bloo and Ed! 8D

bloonuggets
10-19-2007, 04:02 PM
LOL! That was high-larious. Did anyone get the writer of this episode?

antgirl1
10-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I loved it, very funny, and shows that lies are bad.

LOL WILT ON INTERCOM XDDD Sadly, I was laughing too hard to listen to what he was even saying.

The paintball scene was awesome, too. Weird that Bloo won against every other friend.

Poor Wilt was knocked out cold - twice in this one. But I'm glad he had to do with something. :D

Cassini90125
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Had some funny moments, I'll say that! Plus it always warms my heart to see Frankie's caring, nurturing side. B+. :frankiesmile:

pitbulllady
10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
This one definately had some cute and funny moments, and answered the question as to why Eduardo was dressed as Deo! I loved how Frankie was totally aware of what Ed was doing, and why, and was willing to help keep his little secret, rather than "outing" him to the babies. Poor Wilt-he seems to be getting konked on the head an awful lot lately, and that sock seemed brutal! At least we got to actually see AND hear Wilt, though, and it was also nice to see him take an unyielding stand against Bloo's ideas. He's obviously still rather nervous about having to address a crowd, though, even if it is over a PA system.

I think that one of the most significant aspects of this episode, though, was finding out that Imaginary Friends, or at least the babies in the nursury, DO age or grow to some extent, since according to that one little one, Frankie DID say that Scrappy "growed up enough to leave the nursury".

Jackie still ruled this one, though, with his sandwich fetish thing and blackmail! I also loved how this episode really tied in with previous ones, even "Nightmare On Wilson Way", so obviously that CN-imposed restriction about not making episodes that would be "dated" has been dropped.

pitbulllady

Foster's Geek 287
10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
References galore! To...

Cookie Dough
The Sweet Stench of Success
Nightmare on Wilson Way
Cheese A Go-Go
Eddie Monster
Another one I forgot...

Awesome! More Khones, too!

Bloonan
10-19-2007, 05:13 PM
References galore! To...

Cookie Dough
The Sweet Stench of Success
Nightmare on Wilson Way
Cheese A Go-Go
Eddie Monster
Another one I forgot...

Awesome! More Khones, too!

I didn't notice that reference. What happened in it?

antgirl1
10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Here's my all-time favorite quote:

"Ed, what're doing in the laundry chute? What was it that fell on my head? Why is there paint on the ceiling?" -Wilt

bloonuggets
10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I answered my own question on the replay.

Darrick Bachman wrote the episode, and Vaughn Tada! was on the storyboard.

Sparky
10-19-2007, 07:02 PM
and Vaughn Tada! was on the storyboard.

Lol, so Vaughn's been elevated to Scott Shaw! status, huh? 8D

Crash-N-Cortex
10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
The episode is good! I feel bad for Eduardo for being stuck in the laundry chute. Bloo is a great paintball painter. Bloo doesn't learn to follow rules which makes him the less cooler friend in the house. I like Jackie in this episode, he is the coolest character in the show, next to Bloo. It's odd for Jackie to blackmail Ed to make his sandwich so that he wouldn't tell Bloo about the lies Ed told about him. It's was a good episode. Eduardo does seem to brave in certain situations.

Kootiebirdo
10-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Just got off from watching it and I have to say, that was a pretty good episode! I liked seeing Jackie Khones have an important role since "Cheese a Go-Go" and poor Wilt's flubbing on the loud speaker. For some reason, when one of the imaginary babies yelled "its a trap" after encountering Bloo in the Foyer, it kinda reminded me of "Return of the Jedi" where Admiral Ackbar said the same thing while the Rebels were being ambushed by the Empire during the space battle. Anyway, superb episode!:)

bloonuggets
10-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Lol, so Vaughn's been elevated to Scott Shaw! status, huh? 8D

That Tada! was mine. :lol:

Soupaflyyy
10-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Well...

I gotta say: I don't absolutely love Darrick Bachman's episodes. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they usually fall a little flat for me. So, given that, it would be logical to assume that I didn't absolutely love this episode. And I didn't.

But I didn't hate it. Ed fibbing to the little nursery friends so that they would look up to him and think he was cool was so very cute. Eduardo is such an endearing character and seeing him play out his insecurities by basically pretending to be Bloo instead of himself makes him all the more so. Oh, that adorable pollo. I love him to bits...and pieces, as well! :smed:

Other things I liked: Bloo becoming so childishly upset when the nursery friends were teasing him. "I am noooot a baby!" That cracked me up. 8D And Wilt over the PA system. Talk about aaawkwaaaard. :D

All in all, twas okay.

One Radical Dude
10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I give this one a B+. I didn't care too much for the middle of the episode, which prevented me from giving this an A rating. Khones and Ed were too brilliant in this one, and it was great that the nursery friends still accepted Ed, even if he really is a "baby". :weirded: I love the line from one of the little friends saying "maybe Bloo isn't a baby, but he sure is a doo-doo head." 8D That was kinda cute hearing that. I also liked Scrappy. :)

Mr. Marshmallow
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
I'd say a B- or a C+ is my rating. This episode seemed to be very "Foster's" like, the plot is pretty much getting back to the basic stuff we all see and heard about before. This wasn't a really original or extravagant plot idea and things just seemed to be pretty average, but this wasn't totally predictably boring.

Despite the obvious moral lesson thing, it was worth it to see Eduardo go through some of Bloo's antics and take credit for them, ESPECIALLY the Deo ad. Ironic that Bloo's jack ass moments make for excellent nursery school stories. I liked the fact we got a focus on the friends this time and not just Mac and Bloo.

Jackie Khones has certainly become the new top side character dog, he's been appearing constantly and even his bizarre love for sandwiches is becoming an iconic trademark of his. I'm actually surprised Bloo would want to do paint ball, they hurt like freaking HELL! I'm amazed those kiddie IFs didn't burst with tears.

Paint ball is not like playing dodge ball, that is a much higher risk game to play. And I know it's not really important but I totally agree with Cass about Frankie. I practically was going "Awwwww" when I saw Frankie comfort Ed like that. It was so cute and sweet, it's been so long since we've seen her be comforting.

Truth be told, Scrappy started to piss me off after a while. He looked like an old paperboy from a Dick Tracy movie or something and even if that was his gimmick, it got old real fast after hearing him butcher the English language with every other word he said in that annoying fake sounding NY language.

Not sure if that's "NY language" actually or what you call it but you know what I mean. He just wasn't that interesting or enjoyable to watch, I'd rather like to see more of those cute IF babies talk and do some more but that's just me. So yeah, tiny above average episode, not bad but not really special either.

Cassini90125
10-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Scrappy became kind of annoying after a very short time, both his design and his accent. I couldn't help but think of Scooby-Doo's Scrappy after awhile.

Loved the "Doo-doo head" line; funniest line in the episode. 8D

fosters-fan
10-20-2007, 05:51 AM
I really liked this episode, because Ed was the star! It was excellent! Loved it through and through! It gets an A in my book! ;)

Shelltoon
10-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Cute episode, made my heart melt again... then again, any Ed-centric episode has that effect on me. He's just so loveable.

By the way, the end credits gag is Madame Foster waking up, realizing she missed the entire paintball tournament. (Yay iTunes)

Dragonrider1227
10-20-2007, 07:37 AM
This was a great episode. For starters, it centered around Eduardo who is my favorite Imaginary friend. I loved all the references to past episodes, the baby friends were adorable, and I got all fanboy-like watching Frankie be all sweet and nurturing *hearts in eyes*

Zeitgheist
10-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Nice pisode for a Bachman script :bloogrin:

Nice to see more of Eduardo and Wilt... though I admit I missed Mac (but him shooting Bloo in the butt while waving it in the air both disturbed and impressed me XD). At many times I was scared that Bloo would get the short end for the wrong reasons (ie Ed would actually succeed with his lies and Bloo would be thought of as a baby), but the end satisfied me <3 he got the short end for the RIGHT reasons 8D

Things that made me laugh? When Ed just picked Frankie up and carried her out of the nursery room XD she looked DEAD! Also when Ed knocked out Bloo with the smelly sock, "OH MY... WHAT-!"... oh and Wilt in the PA system XD

Bloo felt a LITTLE screamy at times, but stayed in character the whole way though, so I suppose it's alright... Scrappy was indeed annoying (scrappy doo... ew), but the fact that he knew about Ed and still kept it a scret was pretty cute

Jackie Khones was alright in this... I like his meaner side, now he just wanted a sandwich... last time he went to COURT for it. But the fact that Bloo looks up to him was nice, it shows he's not ENTIRELY narcissistic :bloosmirk:

bloonuggets
10-20-2007, 09:43 AM
That'll cost you some extra mayo. :lol:

In addition, there was a reference to the worst series CN ever made IMO, Ed Edd 'N Eddy, with the title. Upon checking TV.com, of which I am the editor in chief of the Foster's section (natch), there was no EENE episode titled "Better Off Ed." Score one for Derrick Bachman.

Ub3rD4n
10-20-2007, 12:38 PM
So, a pretty standard episode. Which, considering this is Fosters after all, means it was a pretty GOOD episode. I liked the sock gag "This is for MY own good." and the Jackie Khones parts. I liked Wilt being Wilt there, and the fact that Coco was actually IN this episode. She didn't do anything major, but that's standard for Coco. What with her unintelligable dialouge, it's kinda hard to put her in big parts. I also liked the part where Bloo was breaking down just because the babies were mocking him. It shows that Bloo's not that far from being a baby himself. Also, as for the "growing up" part, it still doesn't prove that imaginary friends age, Mr Herriman may have been reffering to Scrappy being more mature mentally (or he just looked at his file and saw that he'd been in the house for AGES.) One last detail, I found Frankie's comforting to be nice, but didn't exactly miss it, as I was unaware it had been gone. I guess I just take that for granted as one of her key features.

ptps
10-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Compared to "Ticket to Rod" and "Nightmare on Wilson Way" and the Madame Foster Batman episode, I'd say "Better off Ed" was AWESOME. XD The script was amazing, and I loved how Bloo managed to turn the tables on Ed before getting them turned on himself. The Eduardo-centric episodes somehow always manage to be one of the best ones, for me. I think it's because they always focus on how he's a "baby" and ends up saving the day - it's really sweet. :D

That aside, I am extremely happy at the use of Wilt in this episode. XD SO MUCH FAIL FOR THE INTERCOM. "Uh... ahem. Excuse me, sorry, uh... could uh, Scrappy, please, uh... excuse me. Sorry. Uh..." I DIED. OH, WILT, YOU FAIL SO MUCH. XDDD I LOVE YOU.

And the dirty sock as Chloroform. I DIEEEEEEEED. XD I never thought Ed would do something like that, but the sheer amount of win at the idea of Ed knocking BLOO out is amazing. and Wilt's "Why is there paint on the ceiling?" Right before JACKIE KNOCKS HIM OUT. JACKIE. Are they thinking of upgrading him to main cast status or something, he's been featured in a lot of the Season 5 episodes. XD I'm not complaining. But dude. Jackie's "O RLY?" took the cake. XD

And Frankie. FRANKIE. She was awesome.

"Eduardo is the best Friend in the house."
"I know."
"And Bloo is a doo-doo head!"
"...I know." XDDDDD!!

I love love LOVE this episode.

edit: Oh, and Scrappy? Didn't like the character, mainly because he (I thought it was a she at first) resembled that French airhead from the "Foster's Goes to Europe" episode. I already hate that character. XD

Lynnie
10-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Awww, Ed with the kiddies, how sweet! I liked this eppie, it was sweet and fun, and no one ended up suffering. And I always have to say "Bravo" when an eppie has a more than subtle moral lesson. :up:

I loved it when Ed, out of nowhere, picks Frankie up and carries her on his back like a sack of potatoes. And Frankie just lies there, I would have expected her to tell him to put her down, or maybe start laughing. And then he takes her out and kisses her feet in gratitude. 8D And one of the best lines was Ed saying "Weh-wee?" And Frankie says right back to him "Weh-wee!" It reminded me of "GWH" when Wilt says "Crithmuth", LOL!! 8D

When he asks when he's ever been brave and Frankie can't answer, I yelled out "Ed, you saved Mac from the Extremesaur, remember? And then you saved him again, along with Bloo, Coco, and Wilt from another Extremesaur! And you saved Wilt from the 'Cannonball' ghost when he was so freaked out he was paralyzed and couldn't run away for himself!" Yeah... We've seen Ed's not always a "baby". :smed:

Yes, Wilt on the intercom, that was classic. I wonder if he actually "broke the rules" and used the intercom without permission. Herriman wasn't there to ask permission from. And I can't imagine Herriman giving Wilt permission to use it whenever he wants, but Frankie must get "loud-speaker privileges". Ah, I analyze things too much. :rolleyes: But that was sure funny.

Scrappie, hmm, I didn't feel a connection to him either. He seemed too old in the first place to be in the nursery. And his accent sounded too "Brooklyn tough-guy" to be a baby. But I didn't despise him. I liked his design, and literal "button-nose". :berry: He sounded an aweful lot like Cheese, I'm thinking Candi did his voice.

Who knew you can put someone under by forcing them to smell dirty socks? :blooxd: And poor Wilt, getting knocked out, first by Scrappie first landing on his head, and secondly by Jackie forcing him to smell a dirty sock. His questions after coming to made me crack up. Haha, poor Wilt! :wiltshock:

I liked Jackie again in this eppie, too. I loved it how he tricked Ed into making him the perfect sandwich when he had already told Scrappie the truth. His character is still kind of on the wrong side, but he's getting better. The crew is doing a good job on him, I think.

I noticed Frankie has a purple purse now. In "Bus the Two of Us" it's pink! It's nice to get new things, isn't it? :frankiesmile:

I liked the paintball scene, and Ed saves Scrappie from a paintball. I felt bad for Bloo though, I've been in his place, with people thinking I'm someone I'm not and/or someone else taking the credit for what I did. :blooupset: But overall, I think it was a nice episode.

cartman414
10-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Jackie Khones was alright in this... I like his meaner side, now he just wanted a sandwich... last time he went to COURT for it.

I couldn't stand that, given that he screwed over practically everyone in that episode not named Cheese. I mean, he was hideously ungrateful towards Madame Foster there. :edmad:

Mayor Adam West
10-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I downloaded that episode this morning, and I have to say, it was cool.

I just love Eduardo :smed:

Ub3rD4n
10-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Okay, I just couldn't let this lie. Scrappy was kinda obviously done by Tom Kenny. Think Spongebob Squarepants while you listen to him, and you'll see it.

That's not to say you're stupid or anything, I'm not implying that!

Sorry, is that okay?:wiltshock:

Zeitgheist
10-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Okay, I just couldn't let this lie. Scrappy was kinda obviously done by Tom Kenny. Think Spongebob Squarepants while you listen to him, and you'll see it.

I agree, it's very spongebob-y (if that can be a word? D; )... I know my mom still won't believ Kenny is doing Eduardo, though XD but, you can hear som Bob even him him

Mayor Adam West
10-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Heh, I wasn't paying attention to that, but in a sense, I could tell.

But now that I think about it, his voice sounds like that Willson (Or whatever his name was) from CatDog, you know, that little blue mouse guy.

Vampyre
10-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree, it's very spongebob-y (if that can be a word? D; )... I know my mom still won't believ Kenny is doing Eduardo, though XD but, you can hear som Bob even him him

You can hear Spongebob in Ed's voice at somepoint. Normally you can hear it when he's screaming. Tom Kenny's pretty talented, ain't he?

fosters-fan
10-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Heh, I wasn't paying attention to that, but in a sense, I could tell.

But now that I think about it, his voice sounds like that Willson (Or whatever his name was) from CatDog, you know, that little blue mouse guy.

I think you're talking about Winslow. ;)

ptps
10-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Actually come to think of it... Scrappy kinda sounds like baby Bugs Bunny. Down to the accent, and all. :weirded:

(Yay new icons! :blooxd: )

Mayor Adam West
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I think you're talking about Winslow. ;)

Yeah, that's the one, I knew it was something like that :)

Lynnie
10-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Huh, now that you mention it, yeah he does sound kind of like Spongebob. I don't watch Spongebob though, so I'm not real familiar with Tom's voice in that show. It's interesting how some voice actors can manipulate their voices in such drastic ways, it's hard to tell who is voicing who. ;)

I think CN is still being dumb and showing the credits for "GWH" at the end of every episode, so I didn't bother to look who did Scrappy's voice. That and the credits are too small to read being squashed to the side, unless you're a lucky one who has a huge HD TV screen. So I just guessed. Thanks for setting me strait, D4n! Yes, that is ok. :D

KazooBloo
12-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Not as great of an episode as the one where he had flease, but it was alright. :bloosmirk: