PDA

View Full Version : Art theft?

BluebottleFlyer
09-25-2007, 09:46 AM
OK, I don't know where to start, I was randomly searching for Foster's on MSN Web Search, and I came across this search result:
http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wiltdribblingbyappleyard86bywi.jpg
It's a fanpic of Wilt that I posted on DA (and here as well, I think), and if I'm not to be mistaken, I've just become a victim of art theft, because as far as I could see, I wasn't credited on the site that this came from. However, my signature is on the pic, so I guess no-one can really pass it off as their own.

Cassini90125
09-25-2007, 10:15 AM
That's unacceptable. There must be some way to address this kind of nonsense. You should be given full credit for your work and others should seek your permission before reposting it elsewhere. Anything else just isn't right. :frankiemad:

One Radical Dude
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, this sort of junk happens fairly often. It's not acceptable, but it does happen.

Bloo2daMacs
09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
This reminds me of some one who said they liked a piece of art I made on DA, and then, without my knowledge he took my image and edited it slightly. Called it his "fancharacter". Technically it wasn't art theft since he edited it, and credited me where the art actually was, but he still didn't inform me first. Actually, I was kinda humbled by the fact that he liked it that much. That's an optomistic way to think of art theft, they steal your art behind your back because they think it's so good. 8D

GrimTheLost
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
That is horrible. That really sucks.

koosie
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
This reminds me of some one who said they liked a piece of art I made on DA, and then, without my knowledge he took my image and edited it slightly. Called it his "fancharacter". Technically it wasn't art theft since he edited it, and credited me where the art actually was, but he still didn't inform me first. Actually, I was kinda humbled by the fact that he liked it that much. That's an optomistic way to think of art theft, they steal your art behind your back because they think it's so good. 8D

Er... That was me. I've put a more detailed explanation (in the journal) on the link you so kindly provided here http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2255&page=10 All I can say apart from SORRY is that I'm relatively new to this internet stuff and am not always 100% clued up on the correct social protocols involved. Honestly I'd barely used the internet before 2 years ago.

I'd kind of happily forgotten all about till I spotted you'd mentioned it twice on this forum so I thought I'd erase the whole account which appears to be impossible, either that or I'm missing something obvious. Again.

---
Oh crumbs. Seems i remain unforgiven. Oh well, nevermind...life moves on. I'll be surprised if it's the main reason i end up in hell. Really thought it was a nice thing to do at the time. How embarrassing....sorry