PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion 10/5/07 -"Ticket to Rod"

Lynnie
09-22-2007, 05:19 PM
As of today CN.com is still only listing showings up 'till September 30, but TVGuide.com is listing showings until October 6, and according to them, there is a new eppie coming Friday, October 5. Yay! :bloosmirk:

Friday 10/5 at 7:30pm (after a new airing of "OoJH") -"Ticket to Rod"
Tickets won in a radio contest cause a rift between Mac, Bloo and Frankie

I'm wondering now if the 3D airing on the 12th might be a new episode, not just a 3D version of an existing one, given it is also on a Friday at 7:30. I still haven't found any proof of that yet, though.

Toldja' we wouldn't have to wait too long for Season 5 to continue! :yeah:

Cassini90125
09-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Am I to understand that this is a Frankie episode, at least partially? :frankiesmile:

(Does the Dance of Joy) ;D

xxxClaire
09-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I love the title! :bloosmirk:

taranchula
09-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I love the title! :bloosmirk:

Personally that title makes me imagine that Frankie, Bloo and Mac are fighting over tickets to a Rod Stewart concert. 8D

Lynnie
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
LOL! That's what I thought of when I first saw the title and synopsis- Rod Stuart. I wonder if the performer will be a parody of him. Hmmmmm....:cool:

xxxClaire
09-22-2007, 07:14 PM
I just thought of it as The Beatles' song "Ticket To Ride". :P

Ub3rD4n
09-22-2007, 08:46 PM
What? Tickets cause a rift between friends in Fosters?

They're totally stealing my thoughts.:D

Shelltoon
09-22-2007, 09:36 PM
This episode concept sounds all too familiar... it's like I've seen it somewhere before... I wonder where! :cheesegrin: 8D

ptps
09-23-2007, 06:04 AM
ANOTHER NEW EPISODE!! *HYPERVENTILATES LIKE MAC ON SUGAR*

emperor26
09-23-2007, 06:05 AM
Interesting title.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this episode when this airs.

pitbulllady
09-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Then, too, the synopsis might not be that accurate. Remember the one given for "Emancipation Complication", in which it stated that Mac and Frankie would team up to stop L'il Lincoln? That really did not happen, and it was actually BLOO, inadvertently, and Madame Foster, who wound up saving the day. The preview synopsis for Good Wilt Hunting claimed that Wilt was traveling cross-country to find his creator, which was not the case at all, and insinuated that the others were in some danger by the statement "if the lot of them can make it out in one piece", or something like that, when Wilt's life was the only one in actual danger. Sometimes what the synopses state, and what the episode is actually about, don't always "jive".

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude
09-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Then, too, the synopsis might not be that accurate. Remember the one given for "Emancipation Complication", in which it stated that Mac and Frankie would team up to stop L'il Lincoln? That really did not happen, and it was actually BLOO, inadvertently, and Madame Foster, who wound up saving the day. The preview synopsis for Good Wilt Hunting claimed that Wilt was traveling cross-country to find his creator, which was not the case at all, and insinuated that the others were in some danger by the statement "if the lot of them can make it out in one piece", or something like that, when Wilt's life was the only one in actual danger. Sometimes what the synopses state, and what the episode is actually about, don't always "jive".

pitbulllady

Good statement, pbl. Episode synopses can be a bit inaccurate. This should be an interesting one to watch. 8-)

Crash-N-Cortex
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow, a new episode in October. This I gotta see.

Mulch
09-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Yay! A new eppie!
Anyway, I don't think there's a possibility of this episode description being that inaccurate. The description for "Affair Weather Friends" hinted at Bloo being the central character of that episode when it was really Mac, and I'm sure there's a lot more of inaccurate eppie descrippies but I think this just doesn't have the potential to be inaccurate. Of course I could be wrong and this episode will really be about a new character named Croxnacoz trying to locate the Planet of the Apes. (Heh, I'd like to see that episode. No, I wouldn't.)

antgirl1
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Woo new episode! :D

Shelltoon
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM
I can't wait! I'm glad to know that they seem to be airing the rest of Season 5 more frequently. All we'll have to do after Season 5 is be tortured waiting for Season 6. XD

phil93
09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Finally a new episode! :bloogrin: I'm looking forward to this one!

Interesting my tv guide says, "A power struggle develops when Frankie and another friend help Mac and Bloo win a radio contest."

Bloonan
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Finally a new episode! :bloogrin: I'm looking forward to this one!

Interesting my tv guide says, "A power struggle develops when Frankie and another friend help Mac and Bloo win a radio contest."

Hmm... Who should I beleave? TV guide or TV.com?
Either way, sounds like a good episode.

Cassini90125
09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd be a little more inclined to believe TV Guide. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I hope it's as good as the rest of Season 5 has been. :)

Crash-N-Cortex
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Let's just hope that this episode is worth watching.

Lynnie
09-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Hmm... Who should I beleave? TV guide or TV.com?

Yes, TV Guide would be more reliable. I got my synopsis from TVGuide.com though, not TV.com. But my Comcast's synopsis popped up yesterday, and is the same as Phil mentioned- "A power struggle develops when Frankie and another friend help Mac and Bloo win a radio contest." I agree, I like that synopsis better, it sounds nicer. :goo:

Match Stick
09-26-2007, 01:44 AM
yay...new episode...

this sort of remind me of 'bloo's brothers'...i know the plot is not exactly the same..but hey they're still fighting for tickets ...

Subzeroace
09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Sound pretty awesome (what Foster's eppy doesn't?) Can't wait =D

bloonuggets
09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
"I just thought of it as The Beatles' song 'Ticket To Ride'". :P

Bingo! Exactly on the nose.

Oh, who's the editor at tv.com? I wish to register a complaint. :LOL:

bloonuggets
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Another Darrick Bachmann episode.

He's getting better, trust me.

antgirl1
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah. Bloo gets tickets, he loses tickets, he...you know the rest.

Bloo sure has a strange taste in celebrities, if no one minds me sayin'. XD

I also liked the past episode reference, too. :D

But....oh WHY must there be a relivement of Mac being in love with Frankie? I thought that was over and done with...We know Mac just has a kiddy crush, but fans will take it too seriously.

Foster's Geek 287
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Awesome! Another Jackie Khones episode!!!!!!!!

Daanaanaanaanaa!

Mr. Marshmallow
10-05-2007, 04:07 PM
SWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!

I just got finished watching the episode, and it's a shame that the show took so many seasons to reach episodes of such kick ass quality. The plot was something trivial and typical of this show, and as always Fosters managed to turn it into something fun, smart, and fresh that keeps the show amusing.

Frankie actually had a decent chunk of air time and for a minute, I thought I was seeing some of our own desired Frankie plot points when Bloo tried to suck up to her for the tickets. Speaking of desired plot points, despite what you may think of the age difference, the Mac/Frankie fans must be going ballistic over this.

Mac's boyhood crushing moments were the things of beauty, I literally smiled as wide as Mac did when I saw Frankie set up a "date" for them. Not to mention Frankie's black dress returns HA! :frankiesmile: Such a treat. But the real show stopper was Bloo, who has never been so smart, funny, and clever.

His whimpering, whiny, crybaby antics were classic and I couldn't stop laughing how he kept back pedaling into jibberish whenever he got caught. Jackie Khones whole "Tango won't like this" was a HILARIOUS plot device, it was the icing on the cake when Tango stopped the movie just to boot Bloo.

This is an episode that actually proves you don't have to be funny to make a great episode, the plot itself made everything work to perfection. I hope Fosters keeps up this excellent pace, if they keep this up I could watch Fosters till doomsday. Great episode, and GREAT Frankie moments 8-).

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I've got stars in my eyes... The Little Black Dress is back!!! ... so yeah, I loved this episode!

Mr. Marshmallow
10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I've got stars in my eyes... The Little Black Dress is back!!! ... so yeah, I loved this episode!

I told you Frankie fans would love this one! :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I told you Frankie fans would love this one! :bloogrin:

Quite right, my friend, quite right, although there was a moment of terror when Mr. Herriman showed up; I feared another Imposter's moment was at hand. Fortunately it wasn't that bad. And oh my stars I'd almost forgotten just how amazing she looks in that dress! :-*

Expect new Frankie avatars in the near future. :frankiesmile:

pitbulllady
10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, definately one for the Frankie fans, or more likely, for the Mac/Frankie 'shippers, who feel it's perfectly fine for a 22-year-old woman to have a romantic relationship with an eight-year-old little boy. I don't even want to go anywhere near the little snots on TV.com right now. Yeah, I know that Frankie's idea of a "date" was to make fun of a lousy actor, but the pedo supporters are not going to see it that way at all.

In all honesty, this is the one episode, out of the entire existance of the show, that I really disliked with great intensity. Sorry, Lauren, Craig and the crew, but I didn't like it. I didn't so much as chuckle out loud during the whole time. The only bright spot was Jackie, who saved the day with his usual coolness, and that one line from Madame Foster about "I'd throw up cotton to the wind" to meet Rod Tango; where DOES she get those lines? I thought my grandfather had some humdingers, but Madame Foster leaves him standing. Still, she showed that like in "Foster's Goes to Europe", she's not above cheating and lying, even to her own kin, to get what she wants. And since when does Mr. Herriman tell HER what she can and cannot do? Didn't she create HIM?

And have Wilt and Coco been more or less written off the show? The only recent episodes in which they've had more than one line, IF they were there at all, was "Schlock Star". Eduardo sorta showed up in a token way, not really having any real relevence to the plot other than to cry when Bloo told him that Frankie didn't like Imaginary Friends.

I'm sorry, guys-I know that every episode can't be a bona fide winner with everyone, but this was a real let-down for me. I have had an absolutely horrible week at work, and was really looking forward to a brand new episode of Foster's to lift my spirits at bit, but that didn't happen. Bloo's manic running around and shrieking, Madame Foster still being deceitful and dishonest, only a fraction of a nanosecond's appearance of MY favorite character, and a large dose of gasoline for the Mac/Frankie pedophile supporters' bonfire-and on top of that, I had to watch the last four minutes of "Out of Jimmy's Head" before Foster's even came on-definately NOT my week. I sure hope I can score some 3-D glasses, and that next week's Halloween episode will be a big turn-around.

pitbulllady

antgirl1
10-05-2007, 04:37 PM
only a fraction of a nanosecond's appearance of MY favorite character

At least we saw Wilt AT ALL. :(

fosters home fan
10-05-2007, 04:45 PM
three words....

W T F

This episode was COMPLETLY off beat! The plot was kind of pointless, and you have stupid MacXFrankie CRAP in it! I KNOW that not "every last episode on earth" should be fantastic, but this one was just... DUMB!

5.6/10

At least we saw Mr. Herriman. :p

The Huntsman
10-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I thought that this episode was great. Despite what people say, I believe that Mac was fully in character and his crush on Frankie was fully believable. It was in continuity with previous episodes, and just because a few fans take it too seriously doesn’t mean that the premise is invalid or wrong. I think his crush is rather adorable, and I think the Foster’s Crew did a fantastic job in portraying it in this episode.

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 04:59 PM
It's cute, to some extent, but unfortunately there are more than a few people who will take it the wrong way. :frankiemad:

Pretty good episode otherwise, I thought, although I'm starting to wonder about Madame Foster. And those splash ads for Out Of Jimmy's Head were horrible. :frankiemad:

fosters home fan
10-05-2007, 05:01 PM
And those splash ads for Out Of Jimmy's Head were horrible.

Yeah, they are the crap! :-p

The Huntsman
10-05-2007, 05:05 PM
It's cute, to some extent, but unfortunately there are more than a few people who will take it the wrong way. :frankiemad:
But is that really a valid reason for some people to think the episode was bad? The episode can?t be held responsible for how certain people tend to interpret things; the relationship itself is rather innocuous, and Mac?s vain attempts to ?woo? Frankie add a level of comedy that really helped make the episode better.

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Personally, I don't enjoy it, but I never said it was a bad episode, and it wasn't, not from my point of view. If other people think it's a bad episode because of that, that is their right, and I do think they have a valid point.

The Huntsman
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
*sighs*

I know people have the right to believe what they want… I wasn’t trying to imply otherwise… I just don’t believe that people should blame an episode for including an innocuous scene… Just because some fans will interpret it incorrectly doesn’t mean that the episode was wrong to include such scenes…

I’ll just shut up now, before I make even more people angry at me…

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Dude, I'm not angry with you, not at all. I'm just saying that different people will see a given episode differently. Each of us will find different things to like or dislike. Me, for example; I don't really get anything out of Mac's crush on Frankie, but I don't see it as anything other than harmless, in and of itself. On the other hand, as a moderator, part of me is wincing and bracing for potential trouble, although if there is any I expect it will be minimal. Given the choice, though, I'd much rather ignore that part entirely and focus on the rest of the episode; there's much to discuss there as well, not the least of which is my favorite part, which of course is Frankie in that little black dress. :frankiesmile:

Mr. Marshmallow
10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think the concept of an 8 year old boy love crushing on someone like Frankie is anything that is considered "wrong". Nancy Callahan hit on a guy old enough to be her grandfather in "Sin City", and Vash the Stampede was REALLY in love with a much older woman in "Trigun". This really isn't a big shocker.

I think the thing that worked here is that this episode (along with the last line of new ones) have been switching gears and changing things before we know it. They take half of the episode in one direction then before you know it, BAM! Your in a new direction. From Mac, Bloo, and Frankie, to Bloo running around.

Episodes such as this one prove that this show can still pull off a trick or 2 behind our backs. Just like with "Schlock star" I was totally expecting Bloo to become the jackass he usually is and make his whiny selfish attitude the focus. However, they switched it around with the band taking him in and etc.

Especially with Berry's return, I think it's safe to say that these new episodes are breaking lots of barriers in predictability, and it's almost impossible to tell which character will show up and what twist the plot will take. For example, I expected the rest of the episode to have Bloo trying to botch Frankie and Mac's date.

Instead, they decided to remove Frankie and Mac to the house, then switch it to Madame Foster and Bloo THEN Jackie Khones and Bloo and so on and so forth. They kept me guessing and laughing at the same time and it's a formula that I think works, and I also hope it's here to stay because it is GREAT!

Plus, like Cass said........Frankie wore the black dress!!! :cheese:. I feel like Homer Simpson every time I see Frankie in it.

"MMmmmmm black dress.....*drool*

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 06:10 PM
You can bet that I'll be hunting up a dress like that for my teen Frankie Sim, too. ;D

They have been pulling a lot of plot twists lately, yeah, and they've been pretty enjoyable, too, especially in Affair Weather Friends. I'm still wondering about Madame Foster, though. Is her larcenous streak something that's always been there and we're just now seeing it surface or is she going through a phase? It kind of bothers me a little, although not too much. It's just not what I think of when I think of her. :mfoster:

Xroc88
10-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Just got done watching it, that was epci win on frankie and macs part. I also like the rocko modern life bit.

Crash-N-Cortex
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Got done watching the episode. It was a cool episode! Especially Mac and Frankie's part. I been wondering why Mr. Herriman has to ruin everything, or why he's in this episode. I like Jackie in this episode. It's a good episode. It's not great, but it's real good. I give it a B.

Xroc88
10-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't know why theres so much heat on mac/frankie crush scenes but it was intended to be cute and comedic. just take it as it is and move along if you don't like it.

Bloo2daMacs
10-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I find it amusing that "Designer Jeans" was playing on one of the radio stations. And I definately din't expect to hear songs like "Singin' in the Rain" 8D

Frankly, this episode wasn't my favorite, but it was still a pleasent surprise. I expected it to be a bit better, but it wasn't a total letdown. No episode of Foster's is a letdown to me.... not even "Imposter's Home", hence my avatar...

Kootiebirdo
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Not bad but still, it was kind of a so-so episode along with most of the others this season. I don't get what this whole Mac&Frankie argument is about because I actually found it kinda cute!:)
Also, there was a Rocko reference?

One Radical Dude
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
From what I am reading so far, this one is getting more mixed reviews than the last one. What did I think about it? This one was probably the weakest episode of the season, in my book, at the present time. I give it a B-. I still enjoyed it, though. Jackie Khones continues to be awesome in this one. :jk: There was a bit of a Frankie My Dear vibe to this one, with the whole Mac has a crush on Frankie angle. I was kinda hoping to see Orlando Bloo make another appearance here, even though Orlando Bloo's last appearance may have been the last one ever, according to Frankie. Oh, well. It was neat to hear a bit of "Talk to the Jeans" from "Schlock Star" again. Anyway, this was far from being a bad episode; just not one of my favorites. :)

cartman414
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I think the episode just lacked a really satisfying ending. Bloo rhapsodizing over getting thrown out of the premiere by Rod just didn't cut it for some reason.

Xroc88
10-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Not bad but still, it was kind of a so-so episode along with most of the others this season. I don't get what this whole Mac&Frankie argument is about because I actually found it kinda cute!:)
Also, there was a Rocko reference?

Yes there was a bit of a rocko reference when frankie says that she will pick only one person which is either mac or bloo to take to the movies, just like rocko had to pick filb and heffer to take to the wrestling match, the same thing happens when bloo wakes up frankie in her bed tryign to be all nice to her.

It doesn;'t play out through the whole episode though which i wish it should have.

Sparky
10-05-2007, 10:01 PM
STILL no Terrence. :'( If, either when we next do see him or in an aside, we find that there's been a valid reason for his absence it'll be cool, but if not, I will be very sad that the writers have been ignoring him for so long.

Anyways, I missed the first showing of this ep, and then the second one started early so I wasn't able to tape it. So I *don't* have it on tape, that means no screengrabs and no uploading it until I do get a copy. Just fyi.

I thought the ep was fine, funny in places. I guess nothing more to say than that.

Shelltoon
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Or Tara Strong might have been busy she couldn't make it for the 5th season? If I recall, FOP is still going on, and I think she voiced Timmy, so that could be a reason.

Vampyre
10-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Tara Strong also voices Ben, from Ben 10, which is a pretty big show, so she could possibly be busy with that too...

bloonuggets
10-06-2007, 03:59 AM
Decent episode, even though Darrick Bachmann wrote it. Without Coco, to say the least, and yes, that was an entire list of MGM Movie Musical songs on there, thanks to TimeWarner's merger with Turner back in 1996.

Xroc88
10-06-2007, 10:20 AM
I just Love all eps that have frankie in them lol.

Dragonrider1227
10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I found this episode immensly amusing, but I personally thouht it slowed down once Frankie's half was done. I did also think that it was funny hearing the showtunes they picked. I actually recognized a few XD I think Mac and Frankie are cute. Not couple material obviously because of the age gap, but that doesn't make their interaction any less cute to me and any episode not only featuring Frankie, but Frankie in the famous black dress is enough for me :D

Lynnie
10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen it yet. Haven't been at home long enough. I've been reading the spoilers though, and am very interested now in seeing it, even more so than I was at seeing any new Foster's episode. I'm afraid the pedi supporters are already starting to find reason for defending themselves at TV.com. Ugh... That makes me very sad. :( I'm sure in reality it was nothing any less innocent than the whole "Frankie My Dear" scene. And I'm sure Craig and Co. meant for it to be that way. Us more mature people will know that without a pondering.

I shall give everyone the review a'la Lynnie when I finally see it. Probably tomorrow. :D

pitbulllady
10-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I haven't seen it yet. Haven't been at home long enough. I've been reading the spoilers though, and am very interested now in seeing it, even more so than I was at seeing any new Foster's episode. I'm afraid the pedi supporters are already starting to find reason for defending themselves at TV.com. Ugh... That makes me very sad. :( I'm sure in reality it was nothing any less innocent than the whole "Frankie My Dear" scene. And I'm sure Craig and Co. meant for it to be that way. Us more mature people will know that without a pondering.

I shall give everyone the review a'la Lynnie when I finally see it. Probably tomorrow. :D

I figured that would happen. Nothing disgusts me more than a bunch of people who actually SUPPORT pedophilia, and defend it as something that is right and good! I'd rather go to a dogfighting convention with Michael Vick, or even a PETA rally, than hang around a bunch of kiddie porn and pedophile supporters! Sad to say, I knew this episode would light a spark to that fire, though like you, I really seriously doubt that this was the intent of Craig, Lauren, or even Derrick Bachman. They wanted to show a cute, innocent little kid crush, which those morons at TV.com can't comprehend, but instead it's seen as evidence that there is a hot, steamy romance between this 22-year-old woman and this little 8-year-old boy. It won't be long now before FF.net is flooded with more kiddie porn stories and another wave of Mac/Frankie hentei hits Deviant Art, even if the members of TV.com have to steal it(and believe me, some of 'em DO) to post it there.

pitbulllady

Mr. Marshmallow
10-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I figured that would happen. Nothing disgusts me more than a bunch of people who actually SUPPORT pedophilia, and defend it as something that is right and good! It won't be long now before FF.net is flooded with more kiddie porn stories and another wave of Mac/Frankie hentei hits Deviant Art, even if the members of TV.com have to steal it(and believe me, some of 'em DO) to post it there.

pitbulllady

I may be alone here but I don't for one SECOND think that is even remotely true. Having a crush on an older person and physically DOING something that is considered sexual or attractive based are 2 very different things. Mac has no girl friends and Frankie is the ONLY female human being he sees on a daily basis.

Except for his mother of course. I find his behavior totally believable and not even near the edge of pedophile territory or any such vile thought. I've seen and read plenty fan art and fics that work on this crush, BUT I never saw anyone make a "porn" out of it as you say, I even wrote a story on Frankie/Mac.

Though it was more of a realistic portrayal of the issue rather then a lovey dovey story. My point is I think people shouldn't take issues like this to heart and automatically assume the worst by jumping into worst case scenarios or dark territories on a kids cartoon show.

Cassini90125
10-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately, that's exactly what will happen. It happened on the old Forum, as I'm sure some of us remember. Now may I suggest we move on and drop the subject? Just because the sickos will be writing and drawing filth doesn't mean we have to focus on it here. What about the rest of the episode? Anybody?

Lynnie
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Ok, I can go now. I liked this episode ok. The fact that many have mentioned already about there being only small cameos of Ed, an even smaller one of Wilt, and no Coco whatsoever peeved me a bit. As much as I like Mac and Bloo, and their being my favorite characters in the show doesn't mean I don't miss the others. I like the friendships between them all. I'm starting to wonder if there's a trend starting here. :wiltshock:

I liked those show tunes, I recognized most of them, although could pinpoint only three movies that their from. I'm suddenly craving seeing some of the classic musicals from the '40s and '50s again. It takes an extremely dedicated fan to stay up all night and "hold it" until you're about to lose your mind. Poor Bloo. ::) At least it ended well for him, or so he thought. I found it hilarious that he thought he'd be famous too that Rod Tango himself threw him out of the premier. While he was being dragged away and everything. 8D

Ah yes, Mac and Frankie. I found it cute as anything, Mac with his typical boyhood crush, and Frankie seemingly oblivious, but still treating him like a good friend, so it's still a win/win for both. He was just too cute showing up wearing a suit and with a box of chocolates. She didn't even seem to notice the chocolates. If the situation was different I'm sure Frankie would have mentioned anything about the chocolates and admitted herself how cute Mac was for bringing them. :)

And last note, I hate splash ads. Just hate them. They're bigger and more obnoxious now with FD. I'll be keeping my eye on "On Demand" so I can record the episode without those darn obnoxious idiotic splash ads.

Ub3rD4n
10-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Kay, so.....

The episode was pretty so-so for me, but not a total dissappointment. The fact that it kept the plot going in so many directions (they're all directions that most shows would and have spent a whole episode on) was good. The showtunes were quite entertaining. Khone's whole bit was the only part to really crack me up, but boy did it! I think he's shaping up to be an awesome support character.:jk:

Zeitgheist
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
AAA LIIIIIIITTLEEEEEE DAAAAAAATE

I could not stop laughing at Mac's little relaps for crushing on Frankie XD I was laughing the whole way through, though. Especially when Khones said "Trude dat.", just... ingenius. I loved the episode

Match Stick
10-12-2007, 07:37 AM
i just watched the episode, and honestly i dont like it too much ...which alarmingly didnt surprise me. When i first heard the plot , i think it's sort of predictable that Bloo will do sth outragous to get the tickets, and this episode strongly reminds me of 'Bloo's Brothers'

i think Frankie deserved to go to the movies, and mr herriman showing up telling her she can't cause APPARNEntly she hasnt taken the night off is just mean. I like mr herriman and all, but he and madame foster 's character is just too far-fetched in this episode. Madame Foster didnt strike me as the kind (old) lady she is in 'House of Bloos' and 'a lost claus'...i think the show producers believed we saw enough of madame foster's sweetness and decided to let us see her through a diffent angle, her craziness, which unfortunately i dont like..

mac's crush on frankie is... cute, and i think it's natural that frankie didnt notice, i mean, if you dont have a crush on someone, you probably wouldn't notice these small gestures of them which suggests a crush... and mac crushing on frankie is rly nice... and i think it's perfectly normal that he would hv a crush...frankie is about the only girl mac sees or know so well...and who wouldn't hv a crush at least once in their childhoods?

i luv :jk: in this episode..!!!

Lynnie
10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I forgot to mention earlier... I liked Jackie in this eppie, too. Lately he seems to be somewhat of a jerk (in "Cheese a Go-Go", and "Say it isn't Sew"), so I'm not feeling the "love" right now. But he was pretty cool in this. I even admired him a bit for calling Rod Tango to alert him his premier is about to be crashed. I wonder what exactly he did to save Rod's life, though?.....

And another thing I forgot to mention earlier, did anyone else feel a little creeped out at Madame F.'s makeup, and a dress that, I'm sorry, looked like a costume to me? I found it amusing, but when she first showed up with that makeup on, I shrieked. 8D

I also noticed Frankie's eyes were drawn a little darker. I do believe depicting eyeliner. Her "makeup" was much nicer to look at though. :frankiesmile:

Medikor
10-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I just watched this episode and laughed the whole way through! Bloo is such a riot when he's so hyper. I also loved seeing Frankie have a larger role too. It was really nice to see Frankie acting like the big sister that Mac never had. The songs were great too.:D

koosie
11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Well I've only seen it once and remember laughing a lot at it. It's a good example of intersting the pacing is on this show. Some toons are just a flat out sprint and leave me kind of dazed but Fosters is sometimes wonderfully slow like the first few scenes in this one while later scenes were totally frantic. You have to admire that.

I must admit a lot of the references in this one seem to go above my ahead. I mean who is Rod Tango for instance? He reminded me a bit of that guy with the funny voice in Pitch Black who's name escapes me.

Wow what's with Khones? He's the daddy suddenly. Felt sorry for poor old Mac in this episode, struck with the cruelest affliction of all again and Madame Foster is just completely nuts.

Ub3rD4n
11-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Rod Tango is Dwayne Johnson. And Vin Deisel. And Jean Claude Van Damme. He's a farily generic action hero, who Bloo happens to think is cool.

koosie
11-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Rod Tango is Dwayne Johnson. And Vin Deisel. And Jean Claude Van Damme. He's a farily generic action hero, who Bloo happens to think is cool.

VIN DIESEL! That was it! Thaaaaaaaaaanks! Yeh he's definately laughable and that camp belgian guy. Never heard of Dwayne Johnson though.

Medikor
11-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Never heard of Dwayne Johnson though.

Then you may have heard of his wrestling name and persona "The Rock".;)

koosie
11-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Then you may have heard of his wrestling name and persona "The Rock".;)

Oh Yes I hear of him. (Thaaaaaaaaaanks!) You know there's a funny thing, last night on the news they were talking about this collapsing bank called 'Northern Rock' and the sharky industry insider kept referring to it as 'The Rock' and it was making us laugh childishly, him talking about the Chancellor stepping in to support 'The Rock' like they was a tag team. Ah...little things please little minds.

Medikor
11-07-2007, 10:22 AM
That sounds like it would have a hoot, Koosie!8D I don't normally like wrestlers breaking into movies but I must admit that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson can indeed give a good performance.

Ub3rD4n
11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
I apologise for the partially obscure reference. I have a friend who's into wrestlig, so I pick this stuff up.

Ridureyu
11-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Don't worry, insane fanshippers will focus on anything. They don't NEED this episode to go nuts.

antgirl1
11-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Don't worry, insane fanshippers will focus on anything. They don't NEED this episode to go nuts.

Which is why I dislike them a lot - they don't seem to get the fact that Frankie would be looked down upon by society if she had a romantic relationship Mac, an 8 year old boy. In fact, she could go to JAIL for that kinda thing. But do those shippers realize that? Noooooo. :P

Ridureyu
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Whatever you do, don't ever read Harry Potter fanfiction.

Cassini90125
11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Or Foster's fics for that matter. :frankiemad:

LaBlooGirl
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Or Foster's fics for that matter. :frankiemad:

Now that ain't nice to us who DO write them, ya know... :P

Though I havta agree that 90% of it IS crap....guess my point is moot.

LOL

Dragonrider1227
11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Which is why I dislike them a lot - they don't seem to get the fact that Frankie would be looked down upon by society if she had a romantic relationship Mac, an 8 year old boy. In fact, she could go to JAIL for that kinda thing. But do those shippers realize that? Noooooo. :P
I imagine they do but just don't care. Fantasy world after all

bloonuggets
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Finally got to see the credits, and if it wasn't for the stupid voice over, Bloo was talking with the giant fan dancing thing atop the car dealership about Rod Tango's career.

Thank goodness for closed captioning.

Mac-a-lacka
06-07-2008, 02:04 PM
I have to say that my favorite part was Mac's "still active" crush on Frankie, especially when he does all those funny grins.:)

although I'm sure it's a favorite part to a lot of people.8D

Sagerian
08-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Didn't like this episode at all unfortunately... :(

This is the new "Imposters home for make 'em up pals" for me.

Taco Wiz
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
This is one of my favorite episodes! For some strange reason, all of the best episodes are over miniscule things [such as a race across town or packing for a trip to Europe], although they're never as miniscule as when Zim ate waffles for 11 minutes. Plus, these miniscule episodes usually have wa-wa endings. Infact, Bloo even stated that! 8D I usually dislike formulas, but Foster's is always it's best when following this pattern. Except for THIS episode, which was sooooooooooooooooooo close to a wa-wa ending, but just narrowly missed it. Imagine what it must be like to get kicked out of a movie theater by THE Rod Tango! Anyway, onto the rest of the episode. There's not really much to say. It was just Bloo doing his usual shtick, and he did a good job of it. :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
02-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Um, it isn't necessary to use spoilers when discussing an episode that ran back in October of 2007. :terrconf:

bloonuggets
02-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Agreed, Cassini.

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 02:26 PM
I felt this episode was skippable.