PDA

View Full Version : Foster?s On TVTome

The Huntsman
09-15-2007, 12:18 AM
So, how many people on this forum used to spend time on the Foster?s forum over at TVTome? There were a lot of good people who came from that forum, including Sparky and One Radical Dude. I used to be there, too; I was the resident TVTome review for Foster?s, but my reviews sucked. My memory of that forum isn?t too good anymore; I remember writing a Theory / FAQ, but I don?t remember many of my individual posts or topics.

At any rate, I thought I?d ask. A little reunion of sorts, for those who met on that forum when the show first came out. I apologize if this is the wrong forum section, none-the-less; I wasn?t sure where such a topic belonged.

Sparky
09-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, it's TV.com now. And yes I still post there on the rare occasion; I keep an eye out on that forum for intelligent posters then try to nudge them this way, lol.

pitbulllady
09-15-2007, 04:17 PM
I did start out when the forum was TVTome.com, and I'm still there now that it's TV.com. I liked it better when it was TVTome.com, since there wasn't quite the trouble with trolls that there is now. They were dealt with rather quickly, but now, it takes several complaints from several different people to get something done about it. There are a lot of people there who are only there to stir up controversy and the only posts they make are intended to create dissent. I have to wonder if some of them even watch the show, honestly. There are also a lot, and I mean a LOT, of spammers-people who only are interested in games and RPG's and such, rather than actual discussion. At some times, it's not uncommon for the entire first page of posts to be entirely made up of spam. Compare the actual number of posts discussing, say, the latest episodes, with things like "Foster's This or That Game" or "A Day At Foster's(RPG)", and you'll see what I mean.

One of the reasons that this forum, or rather, its predecesor, was created was a response to TV.Com, to give genuine Foster's fans a place to hold intelligent discussions of our favorite show, without worrying about constant troll attacks or having to wade through mountains of spam just to read about or discuss a thread on a favorite episode, characters, etc.

pitbulllady

antgirl1
09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Basically, let me put it this way:

Never Forgotten > TV.Com

Sparky
09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
That must have been before I showed up then, because all I remember about TVTome (which turned into TV.com not long after I arrived) was a lot of fighting. And the occasional good post by you or pbl. That was about it.

The Huntsman
09-15-2007, 06:44 PM
There are some remnants of the old TVTome forum that can be seen using the Internet Archive. You guys should check it out when you get the time. (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowForumThread/showid-28101/Fosters_Home_for_Imaginary_Friends/) Not all of the topics work, but some of them do, and it’s still history. Where else can you find a Frankie Discussion Topic that dates back to 2004? Just click on the hyperlink, and then click on one of the four dates that were archived.

Lynnie
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
That's so cool! I'm just a "baby", I suppose, as I just joined TV.com last spring, so I've been a member merely 5 months or so. So I'm not familiar with what it was like when it was still TVTome. However, it sounds familiar, so I'm sure I visited as a "lurker" or, uh, "Guest" a time or two. :P

After joining, although lots of fun at first, it didn't take me long to see the "dark" side of forums. There's a lot of flaming going on there, and there are a lot of "trolls" who are deliberately trashing shows just to make the fans of that show mad and start a war of sorts. And as PBL said, also a lot of spam. And there are a lot of kids who don't know what they're talking about, and some who don't even know how to type. It's extremely annoying at times with all such infantile behavior. Plus, the Foster's forum there has been rather dead lately. So I don't frequent as often as I did a few months ago. It has been fun writing HONEST reviews, gaining points, submitting trivia, and making friends with some of the more "sophisticated" people there, though. :mfoster:

TV.com's standards are certainly much lower than they are here. And that is the understatement of the millennium. So for that I thank you, Sparky, and PBL, and Cassini, and Taranchula, and ORD, and CG for all your great work at keeping this forum a much much much much nicer place for us Foster's fans to hang out! Thank you! :clap:

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Never.