PDA

View Full Version : My art...I guess =D

Nem
09-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Yay my first topic. Anyways, I wouldn't call this art, just a...spur of the moment type thing :3

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9965/danceyi7.png

I know the shading is weird, it's spose to be that way XD In a way I guess it's a tribute to a commercial I saw on youtube just recently...

Anyways, again, I wouldn't call it art, I'm not proud of it or anything, I've never really liked my art, which is why I go through stages of drawing, and then stop for 2-3 years haha =)

Anyways I hope you all enjoy the er...randomness of it :] I guess if you guys like it I can post more, I have more stuff on my DA account :[

Cassini90125
09-08-2007, 11:09 AM
You may not call it art, but I certainly do. Nice job! :)

pitbulllady
09-08-2007, 11:15 AM
As a professional Art instructor, I feel qualified to say that this most definately IS art, and quite good at that!

pitbulllady

Nem
09-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow XD I wasn't expecting anyone to really pay attention to it or comment =P Thanks a lot =) I really appreciate it :3

I guess I'll just...show this and link to my DA, since I forgot I put my DA name on the first one haha =P

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7928/yayiz6.png

And my DA is: http://baker18.deviantart.com/

There's nothing dirty on it, so it's all safe for everyone :3 Some of it is not so good drawing wise XD Mainly the ones I did at 4 am :3

Thanks for looking though =)

Vampyre
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Hoorah!

You know I love these pieces, Nem! Awesomeageness! :D

Cassini90125
09-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I see we have the same plushies. :D

Good job all-around! :)

Nem
09-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I see we have the same plushies. :D

Good job all-around! :)

Haha yes, I love my plushies too :3

Funny thing is, when the show first came out, I was all "I wonder if they have a Wilt plush?" So I looked around, didn't find anything, and just kind of gave up.

Then just recently, before I knew this place existed, I just randomly decided to type in "Wilt plush" on google, and I saw the one I have, but the store that had it only shipped to those in the UK, so I was a bit disappointed XD So I did an ebay search, and was really excited to see someone had one for sale, so I won it XD

The Bloo plush I just bought on a whim XD Bloo's cute :3

But anyways, thanks guys for commenting =D And thanks Vampyre =D

Imaginary Light
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow, those are really awesome!:bloocross:

xxxClaire
09-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Those are really great! Nice job! :bloogrin:

Sparky
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
*applauds* :bloogrin: They're awesome. :up:

Lynnie
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Nem, those are wonderful! I love the 3d effect. I must be such an old foagie, I'm not familiar with all these cool computer programs (yet). Awesome work there, keep up the good work! :D

Nem
09-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Nem, those are wonderful! I love the 3d effect. I must be such an old foagie, I'm not familiar with all these cool computer programs (yet). Awesome work there, keep up the good work! :D

Haha no worries, it took me oh...at least a month to realize I could zoom in and smooth out my lines for line art, then another month to figure out how to use layers effectively. Took me forever to be able to use the smudge/blur tool XD And now I'm not sure whether I like Corel or Photoshop better...so I use both.

Like my first one I used Photoshop 7 for the background, the main color of Wilt, and the eyes and shoes.

Then I just used Corel to shade and add little details and stuff :3

But thank you all so much XD I know I'm repeating myself when I say thank you, but seriously, thanks so much XD

ptps
09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I know the shading is weird, it's spose to be that way XD In a way I guess it's a tribute to a commercial I saw on youtube just recently...

I think I know EXACTLY which commercial you mean. I LOVE IT TOO XDD It's just so full of awesome.

Nice pictures!

One Radical Dude
09-08-2007, 10:11 PM
What 'choo talkin' bout? This is art. :) I think you've done a great job with them.

Nem
09-09-2007, 05:18 AM
I think I know EXACTLY which commercial you mean. I LOVE IT TOO XDD It's just so full of awesome.

Nice pictures!

Haha, that commercial is awesome =D I had to run around showing all my friends after I saw it, and then I wouldn't stop talking about it all night lol, I think I annoyed some of them =P Ah well =)

Thank you both so much for the compliments :3!