PDA

View Full Version : I Just Saw This on Yahoo News

pitbulllady
09-06-2007, 10:36 AM
While it's not DIRECTLY related to Foster's, per se, one character in particular came to mind when I read this article. It's amazing what they can do for amputees now, with advances in bionics and prosthetics. I know that last year, this same team constructed the first bionic leg for a Saluki dog that had been found by a US military convoy in Iraq, with one of her rear legs shot off, and using the dog as a model, apparently now have developed this arm for human amputees:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/09/05/bionic.arm/index.html

I just wonder if Wilt would even be willing to try something like this. Some of the technology reminds me of the actuators created by Dr. Octavius in Spider Man 3, not to mention that whole "Six Million Dollar Man" of the seventies. It's remarkable how much reality and science can eventually come to mirror fiction, isn't it?

Maybe playing that wicked Blues slide guitar isn't out of the question for the Wilt-Man, after all.

pitbulllady

antgirl1
09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Yaaaay we're starting to live in the wonderful world of Sci-Fi! :D

Lynnie
09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Heheh, Robo Wilt! The episode "Make Believe it or Not" comes to mind. His "imaginary" self had a bionic arm. What'd he call it, his "Arm of Doom" or something? lol...

I wonder if Wilt would go through with something like that, though. I've heard of many people, and even know a few, who have had some disability and when asked if they'd take the chance to be "whole" again, they wouldn't take it because they've already learned to accept their disability and it would be hard to get use to the new change. Wilt somehow seems to be that type. He's too humble to accept a "gift" that big if it were offered. But then, if someone said something like "Will you do it for me?", then, maybe.... Yeah, he'd probably do it then. :D

Cassini90125
09-06-2007, 07:23 PM
If I were missing a limb and a viable replacement were offered to me I would have it attached without hesitation. My only question would be how to pay for it.

pitbulllady
09-07-2007, 02:21 AM
If I were missing a limb and a viable replacement were offered to me I would have it attached without hesitation. My only question would be how to pay for it.

Many of the first recipients will be military personel who have lost arms in Iraq, so theirs will be paid for by the government, and that is one use of my taxes I don't mind at all. In Wilt's case, I'm sure that Jordan would be able to cover the cost with pocket change(for HIM, anyway), and he'd most likely use that "would you do it for ME?" tactic to pursuade Wilt to go along with it.

pitbulllady

Partymember
09-07-2007, 09:25 PM
i want to be a Transformer...or Captain Planet.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Sci-fi idea.