PDA

View Full Version : Ep 9/12 - "Bride To Beat"

Ccook50
08-29-2007, 01:49 AM
The synopsis for this episode has Bloo wanting to grow up because he thinks Mac is engaged.

taranchula
08-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Another new episode!

And another episode that has potential to be a glistening gem of hilarity in the mines of televised animation. I look forward to see what exactly Bloo's attempts at acting "All Grown Up" entail as one could guess they might even be even more annoying then what his usual immature self pulls off on a regular basis.

The week of September 10'th is turning out to be the greatest week ever.

Cassini90125
08-29-2007, 06:25 AM
Another new episode!

The week of September 10'th is turning out to be the greatest week ever.

It certainly seems that way, doesn't it? ;D I am so looking forward to this episode and all the rest. It promises to be a very lively week here on the Forum! :bloocross:

Zeitgheist
08-29-2007, 07:37 AM
I do wonder who he thinks Mac is marrying 8D

It kinda makes me a little sad though, "Bloo wants to grow up"... but can imaginary friends grow up? I don't think so (unless they mean mentally). Oh well, I still think it will be an hilarious to watch XD

kageri
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
The synopsis of this episode made me "bzuh?!" immensely.

Crash-N-Cortex
08-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I would like to see what Bloo might do. Hopefully, these new episodes won't left me feeling blue.

Lynnie
08-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Another new one? Ok, I stand corrected. Maybe there will be a new FOSTER'S eppie every day that week. This sounds just too cute! :) I like the "kids and puppy-love" theme like "Frankie my Dear", and I also like the "kids taking on the parent role" theme like "Mac Daddy", and this sounds to have a little of both. I hope it's as great as it sounds. ;)

antgirl1
08-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Engaged? Mac? ...Bloo wanting to grow up?

This is gonna get weird. :D

One Radical Dude
08-30-2007, 02:01 AM
Hah hah, don't tell me I didn't just read that! 8D This one sounds like it'll be a crazy episode; just the way I like it! :bloocross:

Medikor
08-30-2007, 05:18 AM
Why do I suspect that Goo will play a part in this episode? Between Bloo's tendency to jump to conclusions and his over active imagination I'm willing to bet that his attempts to grow up will make for one heck of a half hour! :D

Cassini90125
08-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm betting it'll be Goo, too, unless they introduce another one-shot character. We haven't seen Goo in awhile so she's kind of due for a return visit.

Foster's Geek 287
08-30-2007, 10:37 AM
I hope it's Goo. XD Mac + Goo = Bloo?

Sparky
08-30-2007, 11:32 AM
It could be nobody. Someone may make the mistake of saying "Mac has an previous engagement" around Bloo, causing Bloo to misunderstand.

One Radical Dude
08-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up that it'll be Goo. Either way, this should be quite an episode there. :bloogrin:

Medikor
08-30-2007, 02:11 PM
It could be nobody. Someone may make the mistake of saying "Mac has an previous engagement" around Bloo, causing Bloo to misunderstand.

That may very well be what happens, Sparky! 8D

Crash-N-Cortex
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
We haven't seen Goo yet in Season Five. She may or may not appear in this episode.

Zeitgheist
08-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I do hope Goo appears, if not in this episode, at least in SOME episode of season 5 :D

Cassini90125
09-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Just saw it, and it's another winner. It's really kind of sweet to see how much Mac means to Bloo, and what Bloo will do to keep him as a friend. Pretty dang funny, too, and that French IF and his accent, all I could think of was that Monty Python movie. Craig and co. are on a roll! 8D ;D

Imaginary Light
09-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I love Bloo even more after seeing this episode8-)

Nem
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I liked this episode, and I found it highly amusing how Bloo just walked right through George Mucus and ended up with George clinging to him for a few seconds before coming off =D

I also like the raindrop imaginary friend, he was so cute lol.

One Radical Dude
09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Even though this one didn't quite get as high marks from me as the first two episodes of the week did, I still loved it (definitely better than most episodes). It was kinda cute to see Bloo try to "grow up". Also, I have to say that it was great to see Mac and Bloo show that their friendship means a lot to them. Great work, crew. :bloosmirk: Looking forward to seeing the final new episode of the week.

emperor26
09-12-2007, 04:29 PM
This one was another great episode, and it was very amusing when Bloo tries to be mature and all.

Also, it was very touching, as this episode seems to make it clear how their friendship means for the duo.

antgirl1
09-12-2007, 05:16 PM
This episode was so cute. Enough said.

PROVES Bloo cares about Mac. 30 minutes of sheer, unadulterated proof. :bloosmirk:

AerostarMonk
09-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Edward Gorey and The Graduate referenced in the same episode? Who could ask for more. I also love when Bloo brings home Macon Bacon, apparently the cartoon's equivalent to Oscar Meyer.

pitbulllady
09-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Man, there was some REALLY *interesting* references snuck in this one that the kiddies won't get, especially that line about "male bondage" with the jumper cable clamps:o !

This one wasn't as hilarious or action-packed as the first two, but it showed that Mac is A)still eight, and B)still knows how to act like he's eight. I knew from the get-go that he was going to be the ring bearer in someone's wedding, though I was itchin' to find out WHOSE wedding. I had to wonder, though, why his mom wasn't at the wedding; I guess that the bride was from Mac's father's side of the family and there's still some "issues" between them and his mom.

Did anyone else notice "I'm Justa Bill" from the old Saturday morning "Schoolhouse Rock" shorts that used to air in between cartoons back in the '70's?

pitbulllady

LaBloo
09-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Very Great! It was one of my favorite.

Shelltoon
09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
It's episodes like these I enjoy. It really shows how much the friendship means to them, and makes it more of an "awwww" episode. Gotta say, at first I thought it was going to be Mac's mother's wedding.

Crash-N-Cortex
09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
That was a great episode! I like how Bloo was trying to "grow up", and apprently, not good at it. Duchess looked a little different since the last time we're seen her. It shows that Bloo really cares about Mac. Wilt and Eduardo did appear in one scene in the episode, I didn't much of Wilt since he's so tall. The wedding crash was... kinda cool. Mac and Bloo are great friends in the episode. The new episodes are getting good for me, I hope the next new episode is worth watching.

Sparky
09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I didn't think of that pbl, maybe that's why Mac's mom wasn't there. Otherwise I was just going to chalk it up to good ole Writer's Fudge.

I liked the ep, but I'm afraid I'm rather bummed Terrence wasn't in it. If he's not in tomorrow's ep I *will* be very sad. :'( Y'all might as well know that now.

Crash-N-Cortex
09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Come to think of it, I wondered if Terrence would appear in the episode since Bloo went in Mac's apartment, I figured he wouldn't appear in the ep. I doubt if he might appear in the next episode.

Sparky
09-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah that's why I was hopeful he'd show up in this ep, when I saw that some of it took place at Mac's apartment - and also figuring he'd be at the wedding too. I haven't a clue if he might be in tomorrow's.

One Radical Dude
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I was surprised to not see Terrence in this episode, as well as Mom. We haven't seen him at all this season, but even if he doesn't appear in the next episode, We'd still have about 1/3 of the season to go.

ptps
09-12-2007, 08:22 PM
*writhes in agony*

Could someone pretty please write a sort of summary for what happens in the new episodes? I'm just dying reading all these lovely spoiler information and I have no clue what is going on arghhhhh T______T

I only know there was a Power Rangers mock-up/spoof/parody in one of the new eps that was revealed at the con. ;__;

Lynnie
09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
It wasn't exactly what I expected, but awwwww.... We see yet again the loyalty Bloo has for Mac, and what great friendship they have. I could feel Bloo's emotion and helplessness when he thought Mac had left him for a girl, and it almost made me want to cry, too. :cry: The tear-drop friend didn't capture anything from me, though. I saw the meaning of his story in the beginning about his creator, but after that, I found him kind of pointless. I guess maybe he was just a support to Bloo in his time of "mourning" or something.

I just loved it when Bloo was doing the whole "9 to 5" thing, and kept calling Mac sweet pet names like "Angel Face", "Baby Cakes", "Sweetheart", "Darling", and others. I was surprised Mac didn't get annoyed and tell Bloo to stop calling him stuff like that. LOL!! 8D My word, I too caught the "Male bondage" thing, while Mac was holding jumper cables. But my response was "Eehhhhhh!!" LOL, that was just wrong! :macwor: I also loved Frankie's line "Just like a little Man!" I guess it was just the way Grey said it, she sounded so funny! :frankiesmile: And when Bloo walked right THROUGH George Mucus and then dragged him down the hall...Hahaha!!! Poor George. And did anyone notice that Coco didn't appear at all? Not even a tiny cameo like Wilt and Ed got? That was kind of odd.

I really liked this episode, as it portrays more of the great friendship and loyalty between Mac and Bloo. And who doesn't like pretending to be grown up? Or at least watching someone pretend to be grown up? :bloosmirk:

Cassini90125
09-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Eh, I'd rather act like a two-year-old. :cheesegrin:

Yeah, no Coco was odd. Other than Frankie My Dear I can't recall her being totally absent from an episode.

WiltFan
09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
....8D
Wow.....just...wow....
Male Bondage eh? hehe, wow. lol
Eh, besides that, this episode was really cute. It really shows how much Bloo cares for Mac. :bloosmirk: Also, it was nice to see Duchess again, even if she wasn't in it for too long.

pitbulllady
09-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Once I've got a good screen grab for reference, I am SO gonna create a poster of Jedi Master Wilt saying, "Because I SAAIIID sooooo", lol! Every teacher and ever parent needs to have one of those posted in a high-visability spot. Wilt never ceases to provide inspiration!

pitbulllady

Foster's Geek 287
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Ugh! I missed all the new episodes this week and can't download them! Can some1 upload for me pleez?

Sparky
09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Working on it, I've run into a lot of problems.

don Jaime
09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Could someone pretty please write a sort of summary for what happens in the new episodes?

I'll do my best!

Mac and Bloo are planning how to disrupt a tea party Duchess is planning for herself when Mac remembers an appointment and leaves, refusing to tell Bloo what it is. Bloo hunts him down, finally spotting him in Madame Foster's room. She and Frankie are fitting him for a tuxedo and teasing him about being literally too big for his britches. They ask when the wedding is; Mac says Saturday.

Distraught, Bloo retires to the roof to scream-cry for what feels like eight hours, when he encounters a French teardrop friend. The teardrop tells how his creator grew up, married, and left him. Bloo resolves to grow up so he can keep Mac as a friend.

Bloo first tries sitting quietly and reading the financial page of the newspaper. Mac is bored and leaves. That night, he listens in to the neighbors who congratulate each other about fixing a shed. Bloo then tries "male bondage" (his term) with Mac by fixing things around the house, which requires him to break them in the first place. Mac is tired and leaves. Bloo spies on different neighbors and tries a nine-to-five job to "bring home the bacon." This consists of surprising Mac as he leaves for school, waiting around the apartment until five o'clock muttering to himself, then heading back to Foster's to give Mac a package of bacon. Mac is irritated he waited two hours for this and starts to leave. Bloo confronts him about the wedding; Mac apologizes for hiding it but fails to explain he's the ringbearer, so Bloo's still confused when he leaves. Bloo cries some more, and the teardrop comes back to recommend suicide. Bloo accidentally shoves him off the roof (he lives) and vows to disrupt the wedding.

The wedding looks like the end of The Graduate, if you've seen that. Bloo throws the oil, feathers, and marbles they intended for Duchess before Mac can catch him. Mac finally sets Bloo straight and they flee the church to pester Duchess.

Nice idea, but impossible to bring off well. Bloo boring Mac means boring the audience as well. The teardrop friend is unnecessary and hard to comprehend; this show has too many funny nasal accents for my ear. As has been pointed out, Mac's mom and brother don't appear at this family function and are never mentioned, nor is there any explanation of why Mac is getting his suit altered at Foster's when he's not supposed to go there. It's not a bad episode, but it has very little going for it.

Zeitgheist
09-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Wow, amazingly fun episode! :bloosmirk:

I really felt for Bloo in this one, but he made me laugh at the same time so whatever XD I don't REALLY know what to say about it... other than, wow, male bondage and the music was great. I loved the design on the raindrop friend and Bloo showing up outside Mac's apartment in that mustache had me rolling on the floor. 9 to 5... XD

ptps
09-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Thank you for the summary, don! I can't wait to watch this episode tomorrow! XD

edit: Watched it!

Oh man this was such an amazing episode... It's just so sweet! And I totally cracked up at Bloo's last antic. XDD Calling Mac Babycakes! Sweetheart! XDD

But it's so... just so sweet. Bloo's affection and love for Mac really goes deep, in the best-friend kind of sense, of course. XD And I loved Mac's reaction to the entire thing, and the ending!! Eeeeeeee. *squees happily*

Match Stick
09-25-2007, 03:30 AM
hi...just saw the epi and i like it...i still think the 'bloo superdude' episode is greatest yet in all the seasons...anyway, i think this episode is more sentimental, and actually showing how much mac means to bloo. i don't think we can see much of that in other episodes ...well, not since ' house of bloos' , thats wt i think.

i really really like the raindrop friend. yes, i agree this character is kinda pointless , but i still like him...i figured him having the umbrella was to let him fall like a raindrop he is to the ground, and when i saw bloo pushing him off the roof, i was LOL. when i hear him telling his story, about the french girl and him, i was reminded of the cowgirl toy which was abandoned in Toy Story 2,u know, her singing 'the years went by, i stay the same' sort of stuff... the raindrop friend says sth similar , i think

and i m rly sad that mr herriman didnt make an appearance:herriman:, i think i will be funny seeing mac in his suit next to mr herriman in his tuxedo...or that's wt i think he's wearing

koosie
10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
The last few minutes of this episode were pure gold. You know it had never occurred to me to fill balloons with cooking oil. Genius.

There was also that great moment when Bloo tells Fluffer Nutter to scram which turned out to be her crossword answer. I'll be saying 'thaaaaanks!' like that for a while.

The little French misery-loves-company teardrop-thing was beautifully drawn too even if he went on a bit. Cute little umbrella.

I had my doubts that they could keep the high standards that previous Fosters series have set but this one, Bloo Superdude and Something Old, Something Bloo have made TV worth watching again. Oh yeh and the one with Berry was pretty good too.

jekylljuice
11-08-2007, 07:59 AM
I thought that the suicidal French tear-drop (or raindrop) friend was pretty good myself - did anyone happen to catch his name? Clearly the poor tortured fellow was quite eager to end his existence but didn't want to go through with it alone, thus had been lingering in the hopes that another IF would eventually reach his same wavelength of despair. Given that Foster's is a multi-storey building and some of the abandoned friends have been shown to be quite distraught upon arrival, I have to wonder if they have much trouble with IFs threatening to end things then and there by jumping. It's something I would never have expected them to actually bring up within the show, though. Foster's continues to surprise me. Keep it up, fellas!

This was another great episode - Bloo's efforts to impress Mac with his maturity were pretty poignent as well as hilarious. I knew that they'd have to throw in a reference to The Graduate at some point, and I wasn't disappointed, though I give them extra points for managing to side-step that specific moment in which Dustin Hoffman bangs frantically against the glass and screams "Elaine!" It's been homaged enough times already, and there are more creative ways in which to sabotage a wedding, as Bloo here was able to demonstrate.

Sparky
11-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I thought that the suicidal French tear-drop (or raindrop) friend was pretty good myself?did anyone happen to catch his name?

I just listened to the part of the ep where he introduces himself, with headphones to hear better, and it sounded like "Monsieur Oui." That's what it sounded like...

Vampyre
11-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I just listened to the part of the ep where he introduces himself, with headphones to hear better, and it sounded like "Monsieur Oui." That's what it sounded like...

I thought it was Monsieur Weep...

Sparky
11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I did too, but if it is then the P is silent. ;) Perhaps it is, lol.

jekylljuice
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I guess it's another thing we'll have to leave it to the subtitles to answer for us. Thanks, though, I really appreciate your insights. :smed:

LaBlooGirl
02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
::poof:: (Pops out of nowhere.)
OMG, I'm here!! Wait, how did I get here?? o.0;

Oh yeah, I watched "Bride to Beat" and had to come here to comment on it. XD

Don't even ask where I've been,just don't. LOL I am SUCH a slacker when it comes to forums sometimes...but I'll always love FHFIF. I have to catch up SO BAD. I saw this eppy though through Sparky's downloads and I just loved it.
How cute is it that Bloo tried so hard to make sure that Mac wouldn't leave him?? Eps like this are the BEST.
THE BEST, I tell you.
I was laughing and feeling a bit poignant at the same time when Bloo was all hysterically crying and feeling he was really being abandoned. He proves his real self in this episode, coupled with this mischievous side AND his stubborn side that refuses to give in. All of this make Bloo the wonderful little guy he is. :bloosmirk:
I can't help but think these episodes cater to a lot of different kinds of fans. I felt there was some very mild fluff here and I loved it, but that's just me. (Though I too was a bit like "HUH?" with the whole male bondage thing...LOL Writers crack me up.. XD)
The ending was superb. Mac's reaction was perfect and OMG I LOVED BLOO'S EXPRESSIONS when he was like "Whoops sorry.." to the wedding guests! HA HA! XD
I give this episode 4 stars, yes I do!

Lynnie
02-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I just watched this again today and can't be loving this eppie much more than I already do. :)

I watched it with closed captioning so I could catch some of the things they said but I never noticed. According to the CCs the name of the teardrop friend is indeed "Monsieur Oui".

jekylljuice
02-16-2008, 03:49 AM
I watched it with closed captioning so I could catch some of the things they said but I never noticed. According to the CCs the name of the teardrop friend is indeed "Monsieur Oui".

Cool. Thanks for keeping us up to speed, Lynnie. :)

bloonuggets
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Nine to five. Nine to five. Gonna bring home the bacon...

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 11:57 PM
I enjoyed the interaction between Mac and Bloo with this episode.