PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion - Schlock Star

Foster's Geek 287
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
I've seen something about this... Bloo is dressed up as Gene Scimmons in the attic...
What the fudge?

That's all I saw about it.

Airing 9/11/07.

Shany
08-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Sounds like the rock opera episode we heard about on the blog. Can't wait!

LaBlooGirl
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
It don't matter WHAT it's about, Bloo will make it funny! :D

lucyrocks73
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Yay, rock opera!!!

Did I mention I'm a music freak?

I'm SO excited for this ep.

LaBloo
08-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Yea! New Foster's Episodes. I can't Wait!

Crash-N-Cortex
08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
It's looks like a cool episode. I can't wait for it.

Lynnie
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Aah, so this must be the one we've been seeing lightning fast glimpses of, where Bloo has white "KISS type" makeup on his face (looks like underwear, lol!), and they're playing musical instruments. Can hardly wait! But it's airing the very next day as "Bloo Superdude"? And the same day S2 comes out on DVD? That's kinda' odd. But as was mentioned before, maybe it's just to set some hype about the show so people will go out and buy the new DVD. I guess that makes sense. :bloogrin:

emperor26
08-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Interesting episode, and strange that its airing after September 10.

Regardless, though, I'm looking forward to it.

Shelltoon
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
To anyone who thinks it's strange... think of it this way, it's CN's way of saying "Sorry to keep you waiting!" :D

CheesePotatoes
08-29-2007, 04:13 AM
The New Episodes in one week is because of a New Block called Cartoon Network's Big Hullabanew.

antgirl1
08-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Sounds like the rock opera episode we heard about on the blog. Can't wait!

I guess I was off, then. I always thought the singing we heard about was from "Emancipation Complication". 8D

One Radical Dude
08-30-2007, 01:57 AM
I loved what I saw on the Big Hullabanew promo. Let the good times roll!! :yeah:

Medikor
08-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Would this be that musical type episode I've heard about? Either way it sounds like it's going to be great! :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
08-30-2007, 08:52 AM
What would really be great is if they use the episode as an excuse to showcase Grey Delisle's singing talents. I don't much care for musicals but that would definitely make it worthwhile for me. I doubt that's going to happen here but hey, maybe someday. :frankiesmile:

Medikor
08-30-2007, 11:06 AM
We can always dream...

Ub3rD4n
08-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Haven't you ever seen the episode "My Fair Mandy?"

8D:P

Medikor
08-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Haven't you ever seen the episode "My Fair Mandy?"

8D:P

Yep! That was classic! Now just imagine what would happen if Duchess smiled. ;)8D
But it would be a waste if a musical episode was opted out. Grey Delisle singing would be the highlight for me but many of the other cast have proven their musical talents too. Phill Lamarr, Tom Kenny and Tara Strong have all delivered great musical performances in past shows. :D

Ub3rD4n
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't think she's physically capable of smiling. The closest I've seen is her grimacing while baring her teeth.>:(

antgirl1
08-31-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't think she's physically capable of smiling.

Maybe if she got plastic surgery and wasn't such a grouch...8D

Grey Delisle singing would be the highlight for me but many of the other cast have proven their musical talents too. Phill Lamarr, Tom Kenny and Tara Strong have all delivered great musical performances in past shows. :D

I'm not sure, that if in a band, keyboarders are even allowed to sing...But I may be wrong. :D

pitbulllady
09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Maybe if she got plastic surgery and wasn't such a grouch...8D

I'm not sure, that if in a band, keyboards are even allowed to sing...But I may be wrong. :D

I'm still trying to figure out how Wilt could even play a keyboard with only one hand, since he'd only be able to play the notes at one end of the scale, the high end, unless the thing was programmed to simultaneously play the correct corresponding notes that he couldn't reach. I'd figure they'd use Wilt as the drummer, sort of an homage to the drummer from Def Leppard, who lost an arm in a car wreck and had a special drum kit built for him that he can play with his foot...but then, if this is going to be a Spinal Tap spoof, I wouldn't wish the gig of drummer for that band on anyone(except Bendy or Goofball)! Those of you who saw the movie will know what I mean, lol!

pitbulllady

Vampyre
09-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Wilt could even play a keyboard with only one hand, since he'd only be able to play the notes at one end of the scale, the high end, unless the thing was programmed to simultaneously play the correct corresponding notes that he couldn't reach. I'd figure they'd use Wilt as the drummer, sort of an homage to the drummer from Def Leppard, who lost an arm in a car wreck and had a special drum kit built for him that he can play with his foot...but then, if this is going to be a Spinal Tap spoof, I wouldn't wish the gig of drummer for that band on anyone(except Bendy or Goofball)! Those of you who saw the movie will know what I mean, lol!

pitbulllady

Although Wilt would be pretty cool as a drummer, he would still be able to play the keyboard. Earlier this year, I was asked to sing for The Black Country's junior keyboard ensemble at a performing arts gig that was going on the weekend I went to Germany. And while I was stood back stage, waiting to go on I watched the kids playing Radio Ga Ga, and one of the kids was only playing with his right hand. If he knew how to use a keyboard properly, Wilt would probably be able to play pretty effectively, after all, playing a keyboard is basically only using your right hand any way, and you only use your left hand for chords. He'd probably have a little trouble with piano though... But on a keyboard, playing along with a band, it'd be awesome.

Still, Wilt as drummer sounds brilliant, but I think I'd be pretty happy if he was playing a keyboard. I probably wouldn't shut up about the fact that Wilt played the same instrument as me XD

Sparky
09-01-2007, 03:42 PM
It would be funny if they had a running gag with the role of the drummer constantly switching between minor IF characters for one reason or another...

Ub3rD4n
09-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I always saw Wilt as a guitarist myself, he could use his other arm to adjust the knobs (not the correct term I'm sure, but my musical verbatim is quite limited).

antgirl1
09-02-2007, 09:09 AM
I always saw Wilt as a guitarist myself, he could use his other arm to adjust the knobs (not the correct term I'm sure, but my musical verbatim is quite limited).

Now that you say it, he COULD be one...:D

pitbulllady
09-02-2007, 09:47 AM

You have to be able to hold down the various strings at different points on the neck of the guitar, with different fingers, while strumming or plucking with the fingers on the other hand. Wilt would pluck or strum, but he wouldn't have any control over the duration of notes, and it would sound very flat. Again, now, with modern musical instruments, which have computer chips and whatnot, I guess a guitar could be programmed to automatically adjust the pitch and duration of notes for certain songs, requiring very little skill on the part of the guitarist, but Wilt strikes me as being more of a "purist" who'd appreciate more traditional music where the skill of the musician is important to the sound.

pitbulllady

Ub3rD4n
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Ah, I figured there'd be something wrong with that. It happens often when I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. But hey, if you never speak up, you'll never be right at all, so you'll probably be subject to plenty of my "opinions I should just shut up about" in the future. Still, a shame about the guitar thing. I think Wilt would look rockin' with one.

pitbulllady
09-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I just caught a brief preview of this ep on Cartoon Network. they showed the scene where the uhm, BAND(and I use that term loosely)was playing, with all of them wearing those white Vegas-era Elvis jumpsuits with the capes and all the rhinestones(except for Bloo, who was in makeup as Gene Simmons), and Wilt just sorta hitting this one note on the keyboard with his stump of a left arm, while wearing an expression that suggested, to quote Ford Prefect, he could have had more fun in a cat's litterbox. I somehow got the impression that Wilt, Ed, and Coco were not exactly keen on being in Bloo's band.

pitbulllady

Shelltoon
09-09-2007, 03:29 PM
The episode has been available on iTunes for a while now, and having seen it, I have one thing to say... you will NOT be disappointed.

fosters-fan
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
The episode has been available on iTunes for a while now, and having seen it, I have one thing to say... you will NOT be disappointed.

You've seen it..... from iTunes? You're kidding, right?

Crash-N-Cortex
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Knowing Bloo, he probably take all the credit for his band.

Shelltoon
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
You've seen it..... from iTunes? You're kidding, right?
Nope, the 4 new episodes are on iTunes, I bought a Season Pass way before so I just saw them on my comp one day, and watched. They're all great episodes, and I think you'll agree, it was worth the wait.

bloonuggets
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Okay...that...was...AWESOME!

Nem
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
That was a cute episode =D I'm glad I didn't miss it :3 I'll put what I thought about it in spoiler tags though =D

My favorite part had to be Wilt in the bathtub :] I wasn't expecting that, and when it happened I was all "..what?" It was pretty funny.

Bloo was pretty cool with his face makeup, and yay Goo showed up :]

Poor Wilt having the attic door slammed onto his head when Bloo kicked them out, and lol at Ed, he was so cute at the end when both bands were together on stage. I also thought it was amusing when Ed, Coco and Wilt were starting out, and Ed started singing and hitting the tambourine against his knee XD

Anyways I enjoyed this episode, Madame Foster at the end screaming "I GOT ONE!" was so cute =D Poor Frankie though, and the poor Foster's mansion =(

Did anyone happen to catch what Wilt said after him, Ed and Coco had finished their first performance? Someone downstairs was doing dishes and had to bang a pot right when he said whatever it was he said :[

Cassini90125
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Okay...that...was...AWESOME!

That it was. Bloo was hilarious! Nowhere near enough Frankie for my liking but still a great episode. 8/10. 8D

Shelltoon
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Did anyone happen to catch what Wilt said after him, Ed and Coco had finished their first performance? Someone downstairs was doing dishes and had to bang a pot right when he said whatever it was he said :[

Kumquats.

One Radical Dude
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Smashing episode. It was great to see that some of the lesser known friends got a major role in this episode. There were references from Elton John, Black Sabbath, KISS, and others I can't think of right now. It was nice to see Goo again, which I kinda expected her to show up in this one. :up:

Nem
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Kumquats.

So that's what he said, haha I would have never guessed that D: Thanks for letting me know =)

I forgot to mention another favorite part of this episode, only because I've said it before.

When Bloo woke up and said it was noon thirty, that made me laugh because I've said that before, and also I said noon at night too, when it was midnight =P

Imaginary Light
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Best line of the whole episode:

Kuuuuumquaaats...

LOL!8D

pitbulllady
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
So, who KNEW that Bloppy Pants was imagined by Smashing Pumpkins' lead singer, Billy Corgan?

I did not think it was possible for an episode to make me laugh harder or louder than I did last night, while watching "Bloo Superdude and the Potato of Power", but I was mistaken. We get the BEST impersonation of Ozzy EVER, the weirdest "Emo/Techno" band ever to sound like Primus(WHERE are Beavis and Butthead when you need 'em?), and quite honestly, a really catchy pop-rock tune that seriously ought to be on the radio! I mean, I would have figured that Fluffy Nutters was a rock chick; she WAS imagined by Paul Touttle, after all, and you can't get a better drummer than a cephlapod, though Yogi Booboo sorta surprised me. Bloppy Pants was the man, though...er, I mean the cat.

AND, for the first time EVER in the history of Foster's(to the best of my knowledge, anyway)...
Wilt hinted that he might actually have difficulty doing something due to the loss of his left arm, BUT being Wilt, he gamely went ahead and gave it his best shot, and dawggone it, the dude actually makes up for his lack of artistic talent(as uh, displayed in "Drawing Bored") by some awesome keyboard skills, AND he looked totally amazing in that Bootsy Collins get-up!

The only disappointment was not hearing Frankie sing, nor Wilt, unless you count that one line from "Taco Fiesta", delivered in that rather-chilling baritone: "Kuuumquaaatttsss"!
Told y'all they sounded like Primus.

pitbulllady

antgirl1
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM
OH MAN OH MAN. Another good addition to the show. I had no idea how good of a singer Bloppy Pants is, he rocked! So did the rest of the band "Pizza Party". I would love for a CD of them; honest. XD

But what I don't understand, that "Taco Fiesta" didn't change their outfits after Bloo wanted them to leave, since Wilt said they were "lame". XD

OMG WILT IN THE TUB LOL

Yay Goo! :goo:

A+.

Hope it's the same way tomarrow and Thursday.

pitbulllady
09-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Smashing episode. It was great to see that some of the lesser known friends got a major role in this episode. There were references from Elton John, Black Sabbath, KISS, and others I can't think of right now. It was nice to see Goo again, which I kinda expected her to show up in this one. :up:

Wilt's star shades and outfit, complete with top hat, was a tribute to '70's Funk legend, Bootsy Collins, of Bootsy's Rubber Band. Bloo's tour of his "crib" was straight from "The Osbournes" MTV reality show. And I've already mentioned the uh, "unique" sounds of 90's recording art...I mean group, Primus, who used to be made fun of on "Beavis and Butthead" on a regular basis. Stewart like them, though.

Best line? "And NOW, the group that's been exploding all over the place but not really since that would be totally gross, PIZZA PARTY!!"-MC Goo

And don't think that I didn't enjoy seeing Wilt in the tub; just wish we'd heard his singing!

pitbulllady

cartman414
09-11-2007, 06:36 PM
One of the other visual musical references was Bloo wearing the red Devo flower pot. I remember they did "Go Monkey Go" for the Powerpuff Girls.

I could see Frankie storming back into her trashed room in anger from a mile away, and it hardly diminished the funny factor of that scene.

Crash-N-Cortex
09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
The episode is quite cool! Bloo as a solo artist is kinda pointless, he seems to forget things like a song. He is good of making background effects. The band is alright, I'm not a rock person, but a hip-hop person. Frankie does appear in a couple of scenes, she doesn't seem happy to Bloo after messing up her room, if I were in Bloo's position I'd probably jump out the window. It's nice seeing Goo again, since "Make Believe It or Not". I give this episode an A-. The bands sound good and impressive if they work together.

Sparky
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Do we need spoiler tags after an ep has aired? Anyways...

EPIC. One of my favorite eps ever. You can bet mp3s of all three songs from the concert will be available for download on my site real soon...

emperor26
09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
It was a good episode, and I like some of the references out there (especially the KISS one).

Also, I'm glad to see Goo again. :)

cartman414
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
"Co, co. Po-ta-toes."

I liked how all three looked bored.

One of my favorite one-liners I just remembered: "It isn't lame, it's lamé!"

Sparky
09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
One of my favorite one-liners I just remembered: "It isn't lame, it's lamé!"

I'm still not sure he said lamé just to say "lame" in a cool way or if he meant the costumes were made of lamé...

antgirl1
09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
You can bet mp3s of all three songs from the concert will be available for download on my site real soon...

Yaaaaaay!!! :D

Sparky
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I just posted them here (http://www.fosters-home.com/misc.htm). They're hosted on my site now, but if I experience a bandwidth spike I'll have to put them on Megaupload. (Let me know, anyone, if there's any problems with them.)

don Jaime
09-11-2007, 08:06 PM
I was less than impressed. The first two acts were drab setup. The third act got good for a bit, with a British Bloo showing off his trashed crib and the Devo-ish Taco Fiesta song, but then the so-so Pizza Party songs was played twice. Bloppy Pants' voice was garbled, and I have no idea what Goo said at all, it was just a jibbering rush. This was nowhere near as good as "Bloo Superdude." It's like someone drew a KISS Bloo and they tried to make an episode out of it.

Craig sure loves his Beatles. Anyone else spot the staircase from the red and blue greatest hits albums when Bloo was looking for the band?

Lynnie
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm frazzled so far this week. I was on the phone while watching. I sort of paid attention, but was also majorly distracted. I need to watch it again when I'm more rested.

I do remember however Bloo speaking in a British accent, and calling Frankie's room his "crib". And it was a total disaster. 8D I started laughing and got the question from the other end of the line "Why is that funny?" because she thought I was laughing at her.

I also remember the "Kumquats" line. That also made me giggle a bit. :D

bloonuggets
09-11-2007, 10:34 PM
And did anyone see the Bruce Springsteen and "Comic Relief" references for Pizza Party?

cartman414
09-12-2007, 12:35 AM
And did anyone see the Bruce Springsteen and "Comic Relief" references for Pizza Party?

I got the Born in the USA cover.

antgirl1
09-12-2007, 06:16 AM
I just posted them here (http://www.fosters-home.com/misc.htm). They're hosted on my site now, but if I experience a bandwidth spike I'll have to put them on Megaupload. (Let me know, anyone, if there's any problems with them.)

Woooooo hoooooo!! Thanks Sparky! :D

I still crack up hearing "Kuuuumquaaaats". Really, Wilt's been getting some crazy lines lately. XDD

Though the only thing about the last song is, I only wish it was a different song, but oh well. XD

Aardvark
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I was surprised Bloo's Spinal Tap "pod" opened so easily!

I missed some parts of the episode, but I liked it. It seems, however, that season 5 is big on pop-culture/throwbacks* - and short on originality. This one is a good example.

* by throwbacks I mean referencing previous episodes - for example, Mac's sold "Star Wars" (Space Wars? whatever) showing up in the flea market.

One Radical Dude
09-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I beg to differ, Aardvark. It is true that there have been a lot of pop culture references in series; however, I disagree that the there's a lacking in originality.

"Talk to the Jeans" (or that "Designer Jeans" song) is stuck in my head. :P

Digifreak642
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
As someone who disliked Bloo Superdude, this episode was MUCH better. :frankiesmile:

I loved both songs. Of course, whenever minor characters get big parts that aren't :jk: I feel weird.

(Jackie is awesome)

WiltFan
09-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Oh man, this episode just rocked outloud! Tons of fun to watch! :D

One Radical Dude
09-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Here's something that may never happen, but for the Fifth Season DVD release, I think it would totally rock, if there was a music video with the "Talk to the Jeans" single. That would be a great addition, in my book. 8-)

Starsky
09-13-2007, 07:39 AM
I hate Darrick Bachman's episodes.

There, I said it. The plots for his scripts always seem to be a sorry excuse to have Bloo obnoxiously screeching in an insanely loud voice for 22 minutes, and the first half of this episode did nothing but confirm that. The second half did have some moments (the FTV montage, the spinaltastic Blue Sabbath Experience presentation), but overall it just felt like the corniest thing Foster's ever done, complete with everyone happily dancing in a stage to the tune of the same song we've already heard five times and then nicely celebrating afterwards. And the final "joke" was just the most predictable, yawn-inducing thing ever. I love practically every episode Craig and crew produce, but the credit "Written by Darrick Bachman" always seems to indicate an exception. Which is a shame, since this was the new episode I was looking forward to the most.

I'm glad everybody else enjoyed it, though. I simply couldn't.

antgirl1
09-13-2007, 06:02 PM
The plots for his scripts always seem to be a sorry excuse to have Bloo obnoxiously screeching in an insanely loud voice for 22 minutes, and the first half of this episode did nothing but confirm that.

I think you'll have to get used to Bloo's voice, it will most likely never change for your ears. ::)

Sparky
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Cartoonnetwork.com's got an mp3 download of the "enhanced" version (as I call it) of Talk To the Jeans. Its exactly the same as mine only they included Madame Foster catching the drumstick at the end (I faded out right before that). It's just an audio clip from the ep, it's not like a "clean" version without the sound effects or anything.

ptps
09-13-2007, 07:20 PM

OMGGGG I DIED AT THE POTATOES!!! ED!! AND COCO. COCO!

omggggggg all these new episodes sound totally crazy and insane, I can't wait to watch them!! T______T

edit: OMG WTH ARE THEY DOING IN JEANS XDDDDD There're like RANDOM EXPLOSIONS occuring all through the song and I think I heard Bloo making fun of the song at one point XDDD

I'm still trying to figure out how Wilt could even play a keyboard with only one hand, since he'd only be able to play the notes at one end of the scale, the high end, unless the thing was programmed to simultaneously play the correct corresponding notes that he couldn't reach.

I haven't seen any of the new eps, but I did see Wilt playing a piano/organ/keyboard at the very start of the series. Remember the pilot? When they were in the Music Room he was playing the piano already. XD I admit it's hard to fathom how he'd pull that off, but eh, cartoon physics. XD

don Jaime
09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Synopsis: Bloo roams the house looking for the source of a loud noise. This turns out to be Pizza Party, the house rock band. Bloo tries to shove his way into the band and fails. He sets to start his own. First step: KISS makeup.

Bloo's attempt at a band, Taco Fiesta, is Wilt on boards, Coco on jug, and Eduardo on tambourine. They're a disaster, and he decides to go solo. Meanwhile, Mac offers to make CDs for Pizza Party and becomes their manager; he also picks up Taco Fiesta and they become a Devo-esque success.

Goo MC's the final third of the show like classic MTV. The two bands are lauded. Bloo shows off his wardrobe and his "crib" (Frankie's trashed-out room) in a fake British accent. The bands perform their songs. Bloo comes out to a massive pyrotechnic display but has no song ready. Mac saves him by having an encore of Pizza Party's song. After the concert, Pizza Party offers Bloo their FX job. He accepts, but Frankie bans any more concerts because Bloo's fireworks set the building on fire.

Zeitgheist
09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Finally got to see it

I didn't think the music was THAT great, but I did laugh a lot. Especially at Wilt. For some reason I always crack up when something bad or sad happens to him (Wilt fans, feel free to pummel me), like his look when Bloo gave him the keyboard and Bloo slamming the door on his head XD Bloo's crib segment was also hilarious

It was an entertaining episode, nice to see Goo again... but somehow it felt too short. The beginning was great, but the scene where Bloo discovers Pizza Party until Mac arrives was way too long

Starsky
09-14-2007, 05:49 AM
I think you'll have to get used to Bloo's voice, it will most likely never change for your ears. ::)
It's not that. I completely love Bloo's voice, but it seems like Bachman's scripts tend to overuse Keith Ferguson's trademark extra-high-pitched voice, which is really funny for a gag but unbearable for 22 minutes (see Say It Isn't Sew). It's obviously not my main problem with his episodes (which, I'm sorry, I mostly find jokeless and devoid of any timing whatsoever), although I'm starting to fear it's actually the guy's main humor resource, especially after seeing Cheese's speaking part in the fifth season premiere he wrote.

Or maybe I'm just incredibly picky when it comes to this. But still.

"C" the Dragon
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Another episode that rocked!!:D The songs are awsome! And Wilt with the "Kuumquaats" was funny!:D And Bloo's review with Frankie's room a mees and Bloo's british accent is WIN!!8D Anyways, I gotta log off now. The next episode I missed is about to begin. In short terms, this epsiode is second place to "Bloo Superdude and the Popato of Power"!:D See 'ya!;)

YuckieDuck
09-15-2007, 07:13 AM
The best episode ever! The story was simple but very good. I disagree with Starsky; Darrick Bachman is the best writer after Lauren Faust. The best part in this episode was the music (written by Bachman). The "Designer Jeans" song is so awesome! When will they release a Foster's soundtrack? I agree with ORD that there should be a music video but in my opinion, they should send it to MTV and other music channels to play. 8D

LaBloo
09-15-2007, 08:09 AM
I never knew Bloo can do something a pyrotechnichan does.

taranchula
09-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Most cartoons only go up to 10. Big deal, once you're at 10 where are you going to go from there?

But Foster's is different, it's the kind of cartoon that goes all the way up to........11!

Not much else to to say about this episode, as I agreed with a lot of the positive things that were already said in this thread.

Now, I am off to pester RedOctane to put "Designer Jeans" in the next version of Guitar Hero. :P

jekylljuice
09-16-2007, 05:40 AM
I was surprised Bloo's Spinal Tap "pod" opened so easily!

Lol, I was thinking exactly the same thing. 8D

This is very easily my favourite episode of Season Five thus far (and I've barely scratched the surface as far as that's concerned). The vast array of music references certainly didn't go amiss, and it was nice to see some of the more minor IFs get their turn in the spotlight - I remember commenting after reading her page in the "Gallery of Friends" that I wanted to see more of Fluffer Nutter's wilder side in future episodes, and that whim was finally answered here. Though this episode quite blatantly belonged to Bloppy Pants. That, and Bloo's mockney accent.

Admittedly, I wasn't wild about the "Designer Jeans" number - not quite my taste in music, I'm afraid...frankly, Wilt, Ed and Coco's "Potatoes" mantra was a lot more interesting and experimental - but it served its purpose.

Oh yes, and Wilt looked absolutely dazzling in his climatic get-up..Bootsy Collins, was it, PBL? Thanks, I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Though I can't say I quite get all the hoopla over catching a brief glimpse of him in the bath tub...I mean, don't we get to see him naked in every episode?:D

pitbulllady
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Lol, I was thinking exactly the same thing. 8D

This is very easily my favourite episode of Season Five thus far (and I've barely scratched the surface as far as that's concerned). The vast array of music references certainly didn't go amiss, and it was nice to see some of the more minor IFs get their turn in the spotlight - I remember commenting after reading her page in the "Gallery of Friends" that I wanted to see more of Fluffer Nutter's wilder side in future episodes, and that whim was finally answered here. Though this episode quite blatantly belonged to Bloppy Pants. That, and Bloo's mockney accent.

Admittedly, I wasn't wild about the "Designer Jeans" number - not quite my taste in music, I'm afraid...frankly, Wilt, Ed and Coco's "Potatoes" mantra was a lot more interesting and experimental - but it served its purpose.

Oh yes, and Wilt looked absolutely dazzling in his climatic get-up..Bootsy Collins, was it, PBL? Thanks, I knew it looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Though I can't say I quite get all the hoopla over catching a brief glimpse of him in the bath tub...I mean, don't we get to see him naked in every episode?:D

Go Google up some images of Bootsy Collins, and you'll see what I mean! That top hat, star shades, platform shoes(does Wilt REALLY need platform shoes?) and outrageous costumes were his trademark. The main difference, of course, is that Bootsy is a bassist, and Wilt played keyboard, but I guess with Wilt's large hand, he's able to span most of the keys so he can pull it off much easier than playing bass. Besides, Yogi Booboo has the bassline nailed down, anyway. Bootsy's main recording popularity would have been during the era that Wilt was created, so Wilt would no doubt be familiar with him.

You can actually go to Bootsy's homepage at http://www.bootsycollins.com and if you click on "store", you car order your own white sequined top hat and a pair of star shades, so you TOO, can dress like Wilt!

pitbulllady

bloonuggets
09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
"Most cartoons only go up to 10. Big deal, once you're at 10 where are you going to go from there?

"But Foster's is different, it's the kind of cartoon that goes all the way up to........11!"

Nice This is Spinal Tap reference there.

taranchula
09-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Nice This is Spinal Tap reference there.

It seemed appropriate, as they themselves went with a Spinal Tap reference or two in the episode as well.

jekylljuice
09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Most cartoons only go up to 10. Big deal, once you're at 10 where are you going to go from there?

But Foster's is different, it's the kind of cartoon that goes all the way up to........11!

Why don't you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 8D

These go to 11.

Lynnie
09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Yay, I'm relaxed again, and managed to see this episode where I could actually enjoy it! So I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. I didn't find it quite as funny as the others, but that in no way means it didn't have its funny moments, or it wasn't great. I personally thought playing the song three times (or 2 1/2 times at least) might have been a bit over done. I wouldn't have minded the song playing in the background during one or two of those times, and a funny situation happening in the foreground or something. The last performance of the song was great, with the whole gang joining along, and helping Bloo recover from his crash and burn. That was awesome! But it would have been even greater if they hadn't played the song twice already. But Bloo trying to impersonate one of the KISS members was fun and what he did to Frankie's room, calling it his "crib" was just too funny! Like most everyone else stated, the song was fun and it's stuck in my head now. 8D And Yay for the return of Goo! I personally think it's a great addition to my favorite show. And I think season 5 is going great so far. :yeah:

One Radical Dude
09-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Okay, I'm trying to get everything that was said in the "Talk to the Jeans" song.

"Talk to the Jeans"

Performed by: Pizza Party

Verse 1:

I tried to call you,
I even pop by.

You completely ignored me,
and left with some other guy.

Alone and heartbroken,
I went to the mall.

I saw an amazing thing,
hanging up on the wall.

Chorus (2x):

The sweetest pair of denim,
designer jeans you've ever seen.

They fit so perfect on me,
I totally forgot that you were so mean.

Verse 2:

Now all of a sudden,
you call, like, three times a day.

I'm not...crawling back now,
these jeans are walking away.

Chorus:

I totally forgot that you were so mean.

now you can see I'm a love machine.

I don't think the lyrics "they fit so perfect on me" are correct, but that's what I got for the Closed Captioning. I believe the rest of the lyrics are correct.

ptps
09-19-2007, 08:16 AM
So, who KNEW that Bloppy Pants was imagined by Smashing Pumpkins' lead singer, Billy Corgan?

So, does that mean this dude (http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/specials/gwh-0040.jpg) is supposed to be Billy Corgan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_corgan)? O_o I'm not familiar with old bands myself so yeah, I probably am not going to get half this episode when I watch it tomorrow.

pitbulllady
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
So, does that mean this dude (http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/specials/gwh-0040.jpg) is supposed to be Billy Corgan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_corgan)? O_o I'm not familiar with old bands myself so yeah, I probably am not going to get half this episode when I watch it tomorrow.

Well, no-he's a bit too old, and I was joking about Bloppy Pants having been created by the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins, because that's who he sounds and acts like. Billy Corgan is usually very subdued and shy during interviews to the point of being neurotic, and has that habit of wringing his hands and fussing with his clothes and has difficulty looking another person in the eye, except when he's on stage.

pitbulllady

ptps
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Okay I finally got to watch this episode... It was... painful x__x;; Mainly Bloo's voice-acting. I think someone else mentioned this before, but it pretty much sounded like he was screaming all his lines in this one.

And Taco Fiesta's song was -extremely- painful to look at and listen to XDDD Oh gods, their faces. Their FACES. And Wilt just slamming on the keyboard with his stump. >__>;

But oh I died at the video they put together of Bloo and his various outfits, talking like he was some punk singer or something and his COMPLETELY TRASHING FRANKIE'S ROOM. XDD I saw the computer table and I was like, "OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO." XDD

The ending I felt was kind of rushed though? I mean Bloo was being nice and all that, but the Taco Fiesta group still looked kind of down for some reason. I thought it might be because Bloo was praising Pizza Party and not the team he originally founded AND roped into singing the concert. And then it ended with Frankie being mad that the house got burnt down. >__>; the ending was a bit... meh, for me.

kageri
09-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Bloo being British was pretty awesome.

But the final climactic song being the exact same one they already played a couple times was... well, not climactic.

Also, this, along with Cheese A-Go-Go, is one of those episodes I wouldn't want to show to someone not familiar with Foster's because it makes it look like the show is all high-pitched screaming.

And "Taco Fiesta"? I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, BLOO. Surely you can come up with something more long and pretentious than that.

One Radical Dude
09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Okay, the lyrics I had questioned are really "I slip those bad boys on me, I totally forgot that you were so mean", instead of "They fit so perfect on me,
I totally forgot that you were so mean". Yay!

Sparky
09-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I had noooooooo idea what that line was, thanks. Now I can sing along and not sound like an idiot when I get to that part! :gooblab:

koosie
09-20-2007, 02:05 PM
It would have been hard not to do an episode like this really where you can just throw in lots of music references like the movie references in the T-Rexatron ep. I'm looking foward to watching it again to see what I missed.

I quite liked Pizza Party but would like to have heard more material. For a moment I thought we might have a spin off on our hands like a sort of cartoon version of 'The Monkees' Show.* What an odd thing for a bunch of Imaginary Friends to sing about, though. Taco Fiesta were pretty good too. If they could carry it on for 20 minutes at a time they'd be a good support act for Steve Reich or Terry Riley.

Funnily enough I'd thought of Bootsy and George Clinton with regards to this episode but with regard to one of Bloo's outfits. His accent was just terrific.

Anyway, thanks for letting us see this and the other new episodes, Sparky.

*The Monkees - 60s Band created for a TV show. Argueably the first manufactured boy-band. The Monkees were about more than just the music, they stood for social and political upheaval.

Lynnie
09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Hooray for the Monkees! "Hey hey, we're the Monkees! And people say we monkey around!" "And then I saw her face (ah nahnahnahnahnah!), and I'm a believer!" "Cheer up sleepy Jean, oh what does it mean to be a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?"

Ok, sorry, back on topic. :-[

I agree, instead of playing the same song three times, they should have played different songs. That would have been COOL! :up: I've also humored the idea before that they might come out with a CD with the songs of Foster's, including of course the theme song, the Beatles song "All I need is a little help from my Friends" from the Thanksgiving float, the background music like the one where Bloo is dancing around with the pink elephant toy, the song from "Emancipation Complication", the silly folk song from the end credits of "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", Herriman's rap, Cheesequest, and more. And now the songs from Pizza Party and Taco Fiesta. I'd buy it! Although I guess I can see how it wouldn't be very "big", and it would be risky investment. But I think that'd be cool. We can hope, right? :D

Sparky
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Maybe us NF'ers could collaborate to put all those songs into mp3's and make them available for download? :D I have the equipment and software to do it.

Cassini90125
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
I'd buy it. I'd love it if they included the version of the Foster's theme they used during the battle with the extremeasaur in the pilot episode. That version really rocked! ;D

jekylljuice
09-21-2007, 03:09 AM
I've also humored the idea before that they might come out with a CD with the songs of Foster's, including of course the theme song, the Beatles song "All I need is a little help from my Friends" from the Thanksgiving float, the background music like the one where Bloo is dancing around with the pink elephant toy, the song from "Emancipation Complication", the silly folk song from the end credits of "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", Herriman's rap, Cheesequest, and more. And now the songs from Pizza Party and Taco Fiesta. I'd buy it!

Don't forget the songs from the Deo Variety Hour. That way, Kip is guaranteed a dedication on this thing. :bloogrin:

Mulch
09-21-2007, 07:38 AM
I'd buy a CD like that!

Anyway, this episode won't make it to my list of favourite episodes, but I did laugh. I never really expected this ep to be the one that was hinted at on Craig's blog. He said something like "an episode that will focus heavily on music" and I got my hopes up, waiting for a musical episode or even a rock opera. I'm pretty sure that this eppie is the one Craig was talking about, but even if that is true, then maybe, just maybe, one of the future seasons will... Blargh, I'm crazy. Go back to discussing the episode or a CD/downloads with Foster's music.

Ridureyu
12-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Did anyone get the joke when Bloo suggested that the band dress up like "sharks" or "cats?"

Bloonan
12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Actually, no I didn't.

pitbulllady
12-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Did anyone get the joke when Bloo suggested that the band dress up like "sharks" or "cats?"

I kinda thought that was a reference to "Josie and the Pussycats" and "Jabberjaws", two cartoons which featured bandmembers dressed up as cats, and one that actually WAS a shark, respectively. I could be totally off-the-mark, though.

pitbulllady

Ridureyu
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
http://mynameisearlkress.com/weblog/josieandthepussycats70.jpg

Yeah, that's what came to my mind immediately.

Ub3rD4n
01-02-2008, 01:55 PM
To me, the best joke of the episode was the name Bloo finally settled on. Bloo Sabbath. 8D

Match Stick
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
yeah..luv tht name too

btw..like the idea of a soundtrack...featuring all the music from the show

Shelltoon
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I just hope in future episodes we can hear some new stuff from Pizza Party.

One Radical Dude
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I just hope in future episodes we can hear some new stuff from Pizza Party.

I don't disagree with that. I still love the idea of there being a music video for "Talk to the Jeans" for Season 5's DVD release.

drew618
01-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Pizza Party was killer and Taco Fiesta wasn't too bad.

"Potatoes, CoCo, Potatoes, CoCo, KKKUUUUUMMMMQQQQAAATTTSSS!!!"

Another Castle
10-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I just saw this one for the first time today.... and I was disappointed. I found it boring, and it really lacked a story/plot. There wasn't anything clever or witty

It focused too much on Bloo, and felt like another vehicle for his stoopid antics. It was nice to see another set of IFs (Bloppy, FN, the one with the Indian accent etc), but all the characters seemed underwhelming, expect for maybe Mac, who's joy and enthusiasm was one redeeming feature (but it seems a little odd he has his own laptop- he's a little boy!)

It really needed a better plot, with more suspense and more interesting interaction, perhaps something similar to The Commitments *, ie everyone joins the band, they have some success, but suffer due to a clash of ego's, but with a happy ending and maybe a moral of team work.

That Jeans song was pretty bland, it wasn't particularly witty or even catchy.
The band should have had more songs, the finale was OK (and it was interesting to see everyone wearing different clothes. Bloo's British accent was great though, he sould speak like that all the time!)

*The Commitments is a brilliant Irish film made about 20 years ago, and considered a classic:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101605/, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paf2TLrgsg

Lynnie
10-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I have to respectfully disagree. Though it's not my favorite episode, I still greatly enjoyed it. I like the song "Talk to the Jeans". I agree I would have loved to hear another song or two by Pizza Party though. I remember being a little annoyed at hearing "Talk to the Jeans" two and a half times in 22 minutes. It got kind of old in the end. :P It would have been cool if the first one and a half times were them practicing another "not as good" song. And then the final performance was "Talk to the Jeans", which was their big hit. I bet it would have gone over better, but at the same time I realize how much work that would have been for the Foster's crew to come up with another song, and then decide which one should be the "big" hit and which one should just be the little kick off one.

It might be due to a difference in cultures, but here in the States, there are many 6 and 7 year olds with their own computers. ;) At that age, they usually just have desktops, not a laptop that can be dropped and lost. But we all know Mac is mature for his age. So I don't see it strange at all that Mac, at age 8, has a laptop.

Another Castle
10-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I just watched it again today, and my view has lightened a little. I was a bit harsh. I have never hated it, just not as good as the other episodes. The big finale at the end was quite good, but I cannot help but think that Frankie should have swapped places with Mr Herriman (she is punk rock after all)

Maybe it is an American thing that all kids have their own computer-when I was 8 the internet was slow expensive and made lots of hissy noises when you connect! Then again we only had 4 TV channels (one of them was in Welsh!). I'm a bit stuck in the 1990s.

Asides from this, the only Goo episodes I have seen are Bus the Two of Us and Big Picture- I would usually think Goo would annoy me, but unusually, she doesn't at all! :gooblab: (I mean that she has never annoyed me, in any episode)

Bloo is seen wearing a brilliant Sgt Pepper outfit, and of course KISS make up, but what other classic out fits do we see?

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Pizza Party is a real band now.