PDA

View Full Version : Braces PHAIL

Ricky Fieldmouse
08-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I got my braces yesterday. So far I hate them. I don't know how to eat properly with them now. Heck, I sipping Oreo Pudding through a straw right now. Anyone want to give me advice?

Partymember
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I got my braces yesterday. So far I hate them. I don't know how to eat properly with them now. Heck, I sipping Oreo Pudding through a straw right now. Anyone want to give me advice?

ice cold milkshakes until the intense, throbbing, pain goes away.

i had them, got them off (thank you Jesus!!!!!!!) finally.

You get used to the infernal things. :(

Ub3rD4n
08-09-2007, 03:32 PM
NOODLES! Stay away from those nasty things! They get caught on your braces as you're swallowing them, and make you kinda choke! I know, I used to have braces. :cheese:

Otherwise, the only advice I have is be careful eating, and make sure to brush your teeth THOUROUGHLY, unless you like people pointing out that you have some food stuck in them.

Sparky
08-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Don't eat ice. Ever.

Oh and no Grape-Nuts. That used to be my favorite cereal, too. :P

Your mouth will stop feeling like it's huge and swollen in oh, a few months, lol.

Take very good care of your gums. The healthier your gums are, the less discomfort you will feel. Also, if you don't care for your gums properly, it will delay the removal of the braces when the time comes, even if your teeth are perfectly straight.

Medikor
08-09-2007, 05:41 PM
My brother bad braces but you would never have known that he disliked them. The only advise that I can give you is to chin up and know that the day they come off is always getting closer. ;)

Crash-N-Cortex
08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Braces help straight teeth, but they can hurt you. Try eating soft things, that's my advice. And don't eat hard things, like ice like Sparky suggested.

xxxClaire
08-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Well I've never had braces but a lot of my friends have so I know a good deal about what they're like.

Don't eat hard food.

Don't eat popcorn or chew gum. Eat soup.

Oh and brush your teeth often.

Nem
08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I must have been weird when I had braces, they laid down all these rules, like no hard candy, no gum, etc.

I always chewed gum (I am a gum addict), and never had a problem. I always ate hard candy, and popcorn (even though I dislike popcorn), and never had a problem with that either XD

The only problem I had with braces, was the tightening bit, and when they forgot to clip the extra wire in the back, so it would stab my cheek. Oh, and almonds, I bit down on one and broke a bracket off, but it was bound to break off anyways, seeing as how they put it on so it stuck up so high it hit my other teeth when I bit down =)

I only brushed my teeth twice a day, or if I went on a sugar spree (I am prone to going months without much sugar/candy, and then all the sudden I crave large amounts). I flossed, but not a whole lot, they give you these special needle type things (not really a needle, it's made of plastic and you thread the floss through the wire).

Anyways, every time I got them tightened, I lived off of easy to eat things (soup, ice cream, etc), and pain killers =)

kageri
08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
and when they forgot to clip the extra wire in the back, so it would stab my cheek.

That's the worst thing about braces. They give you wax to put on the offending pokey parts so the inside of your mouth isn't all cut up, but you can't eat with it in. It's lame.

Nem
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
That's the worst thing about braces. They give you wax to put on the offending pokey parts so the inside of your mouth isn't all cut up, but you can't eat with it in. It's lame.

Haha yea, they gave me wax, but it never stayed on, but then again it didn't help that they beat their all time record and left the wire sticking out over half an inch XD

Not only that, but before I had my bottom braces, I had a thing called a herps device, which basically makes your lower jaw move forward, because I had an under bite. Anyways, they forgot to tighten the joints, and I went home, and around 8:00 pm, the joints slipped, and my mouth was stuck shut all night. That was no fun XD

ptps
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I had mine on for about two years, and I'm supposed to wear retainers after that but the things aren't helping so I just sort of gave up. Ugh. Waste of money, honestly.

There's nothing much you can do about it at the beginning stage except drink liquids and stuff, though.

lucyrocks73
08-20-2007, 04:04 AM
Er... I can't really help you, seeing as I've always been lucky enough not to get braces. But I did get fillings on my teeth when I was six (something about there not being enough fluoride in the water resulting in me getting cavities...).

Then, I ate nothing but chocolate pudding for two days straight.

Sorry...