PDA

View Full Version : Help with Foster's bus

baabaa
07-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Hope i've posted this in the right section.

Due to lack of Foster's toys here in the UK, and a son whose a Foster's Fan, i've decided to make a few custom toys.
I'm hoping to make a Foster's bus, but am just missing a few details, so hoping someone on here could help me out.

Does anyone know the type / model of bus ?
Does anyone have any good pics of the bus ( ideally need front / back / side ) that i could use as a reference point ? I've tried searching the net but didn't come up with anything.

I also make custom model Minis ( as in the classic car , not the BMW version ) models, and am hoping to do a few ' Foster's Specials ' in the near future. Hopefully, if they turn out okay, i'll put the pics on here :cheesegrin:

Thanks for any help

Daz

Sparky
07-20-2007, 03:15 PM
So...you didn't turn up any good pics of the bus on my screencap site (http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/index.htm)? I know there are some for Good Wilt Hunting, Cheese A Go-Go, and of course, Bus the Two of Us.

baabaa
07-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Cheers Sparky, i'll have a look and see what i can find :cheesegrin:

ptps
07-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I'll grab a screencap of the bus the next time I log onto Awesome House Party; it has a pretty good top view. Can't do it now because I've already played and that game just loads way too long for me to log in again, for the purpose of a screencap. :( (TWENTY MINUTES!!!)

pitbulllady
07-21-2007, 03:24 PM
As for model/make, the bus appears to be a circa late-'70's Ford schoolbus. It was probably originally purchased from an auction of cast-off school buses, as it common practice. The sparkplug wires and distributer cap that Wilt was holding up in "Foster's Goes To Europe" pretty much have not been used in vehicles manufactured after the early '80s, and in "Driving Miss Crazy", the main problem with the bus was the carbureator, which also basically got phased out in favor of fuel injectors around the mid-80's, on most model vehicles. The last vehicle I bought that had a carb(bought NEW, that is, the Studebakers don't count)was a 1987 Chevy S-10 pickup. The next truck I bought, a '93 model, had fuel injectors.

All I can say is, if Wilt can keep a 1970's-era FORD engine running, he's an even better mechanic than he is a basketball player!

pitbulllady

Nem
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll grab a screencap of the bus the next time I log onto Awesome House Party; it has a pretty good top view. Can't do it now because I've already played and that game just loads way too long for me to log in again, for the purpose of a screencap. :( (TWENTY MINUTES!!!)

I couldn't help myself D: I was logging in anyways, so I grabbed a screenshot of the top of the bus =)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3382/fostersbusph5.jpg

Hope that helps you baabaa =)

ptps
07-22-2007, 12:35 AM
omg, it's Red! I've never seen him around the house before. Did he just happen to be there or (gasp) is he an unlockable buddy? (I highly doubt this.) And darn, you beat me to it. XD

...I feel like making a lawnmower thing and putting a Wilt figurine on it now haha.

Looking forward to whatever you make of the Foster's bus!

Sparky
07-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh, Red's been around for a long time...here's an avatar I made of him a while back:

http://www.fosters-home.com/terrence/images/redflower.gif

ptps
07-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Darn, I've never seen him at all, and I've been to every room and floor and backyard of that darn mansion. :P Thanks, Sparky!

KazooBloo
12-26-2016, 04:00 AM
Lots of good screencaps of it.