PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden's Son weds Grandmother from Cheshire

Partymember
07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
i had to post this. Funniest thing i've read all day

To say they are an unlikely couple would be an understatement.

She is a 51-year-old grandmother and parish councillor from a village in Cheshire, he is a 27-year-old Arab scrap metal dealer from Jeddah... who just happens to be the son of Osama bin Laden.

But now, after a holiday romance which started when he saw her riding a horse near the Great Pyramid in Egypt, Jane Felix-Browne and Omar Ossama bin Laden have married.

Mrs Felix-Browne, who has been married five times before, met Bin Laden in Egypt last September while she was undergoing treatment for multiple sclerosis.

Her new husband already has a wife and a two-year-old child - under Islamic law men are permitted to have four wives - while Mrs Felix-Browne has three adult sons and five grandchildren.

They married in Islamic ceremonies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and are now awaiting permission from the authorities in Riyadh to make the marriage official.

Mrs Felix-Browne, who will not be using her husband's name, is also trying to get him a visa so he can visit Britain.

At the moment she lives in Moulton - where she has various jobs including restoring houses and aircraft - and speaks to him every day over the internet She said she was aware some people would be hostile to her marriage. "I hope people don't judge me too harshly," she told The Times.

"I married the son, not the father."

She added: "I just married the man I met and fell in love with - to me he is just Omar. I hope people will take a step back and think what it was like when they fell in love.

"He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. His heart is pure, he is pious, quiet, a true gentleman, and he is my best friend."

After their first encounter in September riding round the Pyramids, the pair got talking on a night ride the next day.

"This was the start of our intense friendship that culminated in our marriage," she told the Sun. "I saw him all day, every day. We rode together, ate together and talked non-stop.

"But we were never alone. Omar had little command of the English language, but there was chemistry there.

"We laughed all the time. We were falling in love.

"Omar said that when he is with me he forgets the world and all his problems."

Mrs Felix-Browne returned to Egypt in April, when she proposed to him. They married the same week in a traditional Muslim ceremony.

Mrs Felix-Browne said British police had visited her to warn her of the personal security dangers of being married to the fourth-eldest son of the world's most wanted man. Bin Laden has a $25 million (£12.5 million) bounty from the US government on his head. Mrs Felix-Browne believes she met her new husband's father at a party in London in the Seventies through a Saudi man she married when she was 16.

As leader of al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden has been held responsible for the 11 September 2001 attacks on the US and has been linked with several other terrorist plots including the 7/7 London bombings.

Mrs Felix-Browne, who uses the Muslim name Zaina Mohamad Al Sabah, said her husband has had no contact with his father since they were both in Afghanistan in 2000.

Omar bin Laden is one of 11 children his father had with Najwa, one of his wives.

The terror leader is thought to have 17 children.

Omar has been ostracised by the extensive Bin Laden clan because of his father's notoriety.

"He told me he has had no contact with his father since the day he left him. I am sure he is sincere about this fact," said Mrs Felix-Browne.

"He has no knowledge of his father's whereabouts. He had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks and was as shocked as everyone else when it happened. "I don't want any of my family upset by my actions. I know for everybody who likes me there will probably be a million enemies."

dirka dirka mohammed jihad bak allah.

click here for pictures of the lovely couple. He looks like a cowboy and she does not look 51 at all. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=467599&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

Lynnie
07-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow, she sure doesn't look her age. Hopefully this, her 7th, will be her last marriage. I hope they're happy together, even with the odd age difference. It is a sweet story. And interesting, thanks for sharing! :smile:

Partymember
07-13-2007, 08:26 PM
yeah. I guess hes a good enough looking guy (except for the unibrow).

gives off the Arabian prince aura.