PDA

View Full Version : Foster's Merchandise In Public

Sparky
07-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Have you gotten people complimenting you on your Foster's shirts etc? I don't usually, but I wore my Deo shirt today (plus I have Bloo and Cheese patches on my purse) and two different people (our waitress at lunch and the cashier at Michael's) told me how much they loved the show. (I usually tell people who comment on my Foster's gear how I run this site, lol. Can't help it.)

It's ALWAYS adults who tell me that they love the show, but perhaps most kids aren't into the habit of speaking to strangers, which is cool. (Kids talked to me at last year's Comic-Con though, they loved Wilt. :D And I talked to one really cool kid about Infernal Slumber, which had aired that Friday so I hadn't seen it yet.) But still, its neat how many grown-ups like the show. Hm...always women, no men have ever told me they love Foster's. Yet. They usually say specifically that they love Cheese.

pitbulllady
07-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Have you gotten people complimenting you on your Foster's shirts etc? I don't usually, but I wore my Deo shirt today (plus I have Bloo and Cheese patches on my purse) and two different people (our waitress at lunch and the cashier at Michael's) told me how much they loved the show. (I usually tell people who comment on my Foster's gear how I run this site, lol. Can't help it.)

It's ALWAYS adults who tell me that they love the show, but perhaps most kids aren't into the habit of speaking to strangers, which is cool. (Kids talked to me at last year's Comic-Con though, they loved Wilt. :D And I talked to one really cool kid about Infernal Slumber, which had aired that Friday so I hadn't seen it yet.) But still, its neat how many grown-ups like the show. Hm...always women, no men have ever told me they love Foster's. Yet. They usually say specifically that they love Cheese.

I get LOTS of positive comments from the public on my hand-painted Wilt pocket shirt and on the Wilt figurine on my RAV-4 dash, and like you said, it's always from adults. Every time I've been in a Hot Topic store, as soon as the employees find out that I'm looking at the Foster's merchandise, they start telling me how much they love the show, especially how much they love Wilt, but like you, it's mostly women who tell me these things, lol! I have run into some male adult fans, though, like our preacher. As for children, I'm kinda in a unique position, being a teacher, so a lot of them do open up to me. Quite a few of them watch the show, too, though again, the really serious Foster's fans are girls. Many of the boys won't admit they watch it, because of that mind-set that the only animation they should watch is from Japan, and anything else is for babies.

pitbulllady

basilsunshine
07-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I wore my foster's shirt to school once, and it's a high school. The shirt was one of the first foster's shirts they had at Hot Topic. Anyway, there was a senior in my art class that really LOVES that show. And a few other girls have complimented as well. Now I just have this cute little coin purse, so my future complimenterssss will probably be cashiers or something.

My mom likes the foster's key covers I have though. To tell my keys apart. I have an Eduardo key...cap....thingy for my house key. So cute man.

Lynnie
07-08-2007, 02:26 AM
The only Foster's clothing I have (so far) is the Bloo hoodie the CN store had last year. I'm careful to wear it mostly because I'm afraid of ruining it somehow, because I L-O-V-E it, and don't want anything to happen to it, ever, ever, ever!! :bloogrin: Anyway, while I was wearing it to work one day one of the girls in a different department saw it and shreiked "Oh my God! You watch that show??" I smiled and proudly said Yup. And she said "I LOVE that show! That's so awesome! There are more adults who aren't shy to admit it!" I told her I understood her wholeheartedly. Once when I went to the grocery store a little girl about 5 or 6 pointed at me and gasped, and told her mom "Look, it's Bloo!" I gave them a pleasant smile, and the mom smiled back at me, but since the girl didn't talk to me dirrectly, I felt it might be over the line if I approached them further and started talking about it. But I'm sure they noticed my amusement at her noticing, and I noticed they're approval. It was pretty cool. :bloosmirk:

Imaginary Light
07-08-2007, 03:04 PM
I've gotten many compliments at school on my Foster's shirts before. I've noticed that it's usually art students too:P

Also, I was at Darien Lake a while ago, and I was wearing my Bloo paddle ball shirt, and this African American girl around my age started freaking out about how much she loved Bloo. Then these other two girls around my age noticed my shirt and went "Look! It's Bloo!" Haha, I love it when things like that happen8-)

lucyrocks73
07-08-2007, 03:21 PM
As I said in the "Craig's Blog shirt" thread, this is quite a conversation top.

Everyone at school had been constantly annoyed by the fact that I doodled "It's Hot in Topeka" on every writable surface in the building that I came near (which meant that you could pretty much track where I had been in the school by just looking to see if there was Bloo on the wipe/chalk boards)... So yes, everyone noticed. And like I also said in the "Craig's Blog Shirt" thread, most of my friends thought that Bloo was a Pacman ghost. 8D

Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed...

-Marty :goo:

One Radical Dude
07-08-2007, 03:35 PM
So far, I really haven't had any compliments of wearing my Foster's shirts in public. Then again, I don't really go out much. The only compliments I received were when I wore the Bloo costume at Anime Expo last year; I was a hit over there. :P

WiltFan
07-09-2007, 12:56 AM
I've gotten tons of comments when I wear my Foster's shirts. =) My most recent one was from a (male) Disneyland Cast Member about a week ago. (I was wearing the grey shirt with Bloo playing paddleball) His first response was "BLOO!" lol 8-) Besides that, he just said that the shirt was awesome and that he loves Foster's. :)

jekylljuice
07-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I have accumulated a handful of compliments for my Craig's Blog t-shirt, only the vast majority of folks who've commented upon it aren't familiar with the show or the characters. They just think it's a cool shirt.

Nyo
07-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I own the Quiet Intensity Bloo shirt. I wore it to school the day before it was over, and I got alot of "omgs" and "lols" form both teachers and kids. Drama Girl, of course, was super jealous. :P

Once I wore it in public, and a cashier in Justice (a girl store; it's partners with Limited Too) complimented me.

I'm trying to get that Berry shirt.

bloonuggets
07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
My pins have been commented on by a couple fellow Phillies seasonn ticket holders when I wear them on my hat.

cartman414
07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I've gotten many compliments at school on my Foster's shirts before. I've noticed that it's usually art students too:P

Whoops. I misread compliments as complaints, and was right about to say "they jus' jellus'" regarding the art students.

Nyo
07-18-2007, 07:07 AM
NEW COMMENT!!!1shift!1!

A 15-year-oldish girl asked me where I got my Quiet Intensity shirt. I told her Hot Topic. :)

jekylljuice
11-28-2007, 02:55 AM
I finally got my first compliment for wearing Foster's merchandise from somebody who's actually familiar with Foster's itself. The other day I was sporting my Quiet Intensity Bloo shirt, and upon seeing it a girl in one of the student societies I belong to shrieked with delight and proclaimed, "Oh my god! I love that cartoon! I wish I was watching Cartoon Network right now!" Since I very rarely encounter anyone in my day-to-day life who's even heard of the show, it felt extremely gratifying to be hearing those words. The girl in question has permission to sit next to me more often from now on. :bloosmirk:

Sparky
11-28-2007, 03:18 PM
I pretty much always get at least one comment (from young adults) when I wear my Deo shirt, but that's about it. You'd think if Cheese was so freakin' popular I'd get reactions when I wear my Cheese stuff...I remember back when I was in my Spongebob phase and abut half my wardrobe consisted of SB stuff, and I *always* got a lot of delighted reactions from kids. Lol, maybe its simply because I'm older now and kids don't think I'm cool for wearing their favorite cartoon characters anymore. 8D

Nyo
11-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Lol, Sparky!

I wore my Berry shirt recently and I got alot of compliments from kids. Some boy in my class watches the show, so he popped up behind me and said "HAVE A BERRY NICE DAY!"

That kid's on my good list now. :)

jekylljuice
11-29-2007, 09:01 AM
I know that this doesn't really qualify as a compliment as such, but earlier today I was out and about and a duck tried to eat my Cheese keychain. :cheese:

I palmed him off with some crusts of bread. He seemed a lot happier with that.

Sparky
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
I wore my Bloo hoodie over a Cheese t shirt today. A lady at K-Mart stopped me, saying "That little guy on your sweatshirt! My kids love him! What's his name??" and I told her, and I lifted the hoodie and she saw Cheese and was all "YEAH! AND HIM!" And then she thanked me as if I hadn't told her their names that it would have been one of those things that would have driven her crazy all day trying to remember, lol.

taranchula
11-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I have only ever been complimented three times on the two Foster's related shirts that I own.

The first compliment came from an airport security guard.

The second came from a couple of nice blokes I met at The Worst Cartoons Ever show at comic-con 07.

And the third compliment came from Mr. Craig McCracken himself from that very same event. (CC07)

Oddly enough I've worn the same shirts around Ottawa tons of times and no one had said word one to me about them yet.

Ridureyu
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, there was that one time I decided to dress like Wilt.

Wristbands, socks, shoes, and I painted a number on my chest. They said that I broke laws.

One Radical Dude
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
This is something I didn't mention sooner, but I believe just before Comic-Con this past summer, some dude was complimenting me (I think I heard "I like your shirt!") on that #1 t-shirt from the CafePress store. I thanked him for the reply. I believe it was actually Cassini (before knowing it was him). 8D I've had maybe 1-2 other comments on two other shirts.

vinny
12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
i get a comment everytime i wear one of my shirts. people just start laughing sometimes. they seem to think someone named mac wearing a bloo shirt is funny, what ever floats your boat i say. i also have have a checker backpack i wear everywhere (if you want to know hwy ill tell you) and its covered with fosters pins. i got the bloo shoe laces, but i use them for my glowsticks. anyone see the bloo hat and gloves? *want*

and how bout some mac stuff for the guys, whats up with that.

Nyo
12-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Lullz, my oldest sister's boyfriend got me the Season 1 DVD and this t-shirt (http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302029483&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442169345&bmUID=1198631637166) from HT.

My mother laughed so hard at it and said it was cute, :D

Lynnie
12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
I was wearing the teal-green hoodie with the "Foster's Five" dancing on the front on Christmas Eve, and when my aunt arrived from the airport and came to give me a hug, she immediately noticed my hoodie and said it was cute. :)

And then on Christmas morning, I unwrapped the Bloo/Cheese blanket, and my grandma laughed at Cheese's smile. "Just look at that smile!" I was delighted! :D Neither my aunt or grandma have any clue the show exists, but they noticed my "merchandise" and commented on them.

Sparky
05-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Today a woman and her little girl stopped me because they liked my Deo t-shirt. So I showed them my all-over character print hoodie. They said Wilt's their favorite on the show. :terrsmile:

Mr_Bloo_Veins
05-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Once I saw a girl at my school carrying a tote bag with a picture of Bloo on it.

WiltsAKGirl17
05-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I've gotten pretty good reactions to my Foster's stuff. People laugh when they see my Cheese shirt, and a lot of people like my Bloo and Cheese key chain.

I think my fave reaction thus far was when my former AP US History teacher saw my Cheese shirt and just laughed right there in the hallway. (He has a young daughter, so maybe he knows what Foster's is.) I had a heck of a time in his class last year, and whined about it constantly, so amusing him was in some weird way satisfying.

BluebottleFlyer
05-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't know if the "Imagination Invaders" game on the DS counts as merchandise...but I saw a copy on the shelf in a place called Grainger Games when I was shopping at the MetroCentre a month ago, and it was pretty much the first piece of Foster's merch I'd seen in the UK. Kind of surprised me, actually.:P

iceberg210
05-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I just recently bought the all over foster's blue tee from HT when they were having that clearence earlier this month. Anyway the first time I wore it my lab partner (in my Physics lab at the university of Washington (so the guy is like 20+ years old) laughed and siad, "That's House for Imaginary Friends show right?", I just replied "yeah Fosters'!" and we were able to talk about it for a while, while our other partner sat there and listened. Its always good to be able to get more people into the fandom and its great to hear other people who like the show. (the other day I was talking to my 20 something year old cousins about cartoons and they watch Foster's too)

I'm wearing my shirt again today so we'll see if anyone says anything.

narfcake
05-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Haven't gotten too many compliments - only twice since the beginning of the year (once shopping at an Office Depot, another at Trader Joe's) ... though it may help if I'd actually wear them more than "once in a while". Heck, the last time I wore the "original shirt" was at SDCC!

Then again, I have so many shirts that if I really wanted to, I could go over a year without wearing the same one twice! ... and that's just between Animaniacs, PPG, Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy, and Invader Zim. Add in Foster's, Dexter's Lab, Happy Tree Friends, The Tick, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Foamy the Squirrel, Cats Don't Dance, and other toon shirts or generic CN/CNS shirts, and I'm prolly closer to two years worth.

Subzeroace
05-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Yesterday I was sanding outside a Winners store wearing one of my Fosters shirts waiting for my mom to come out and a girl walked by and said she liked my shirt.

No one ever recognizes my shirts XD (unless it's at a con!)

Mac-a-lacka
06-06-2008, 09:17 AM
No one seems to notice when I wear my Foster's shirt in public, maybe a lot people around where I live don't know about Foster's.::)

Reminds me of one time when my brother-in-law thought that there might be one of the season DVDs at a store in the electronics area and we asked one of the staff and he said "I've never even heard of the show.":wiltshock:

Lynnie
06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
This doesn't really involve me, but it was kind of cool. While getting gas today, I saw a teenage girl waiting at the bus stop on the curb 50 or so feet away. I noticed right away she was wearing a Hot Topic hoodie (it's funny how I think most of us can spot a HT hoodie now a mile away just by the designs on it and the way it's cut), and it looked like it might be one of the Foster's ones. As I pumped my gas, I kept watching her, waiting for her to turn around so I could see the front of it (I was kind of expecting to see Berry). After topping my tank off and getting ready to get back into the drivers seat, I suddenly noticed the purse she had hung on her shoulder. It was one of the Bloo tote bags, with the stripes and hearts on one side, and a big silly lovable Blooregard on the other. :bloogrin: I was so fixated on her hoodie I hadn't noticed her purse! I thought it was kind of funny, and also cool. I almost approached her to tell her how "awesome" her purse is, show her the lip balm in my pocket, my cell phone charms and the Bloo keychain I have hooked to my purse. But she was talking on her cell phone, so I didn't say anything.

And to end, I don't think her hoodie was a Foster's one, but she was obviously a fan of HT. ;)

Lynnie
07-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Eh, double post. But I can't really think of anywhere else to share this. Unless I start a thread for "Random Foster's Experiences" or something.

My sister, whom I love dearly, recorded herself playing the Foster's theme on the piano, while saying "Sister's calling!" in a very Cheese like manner, and set it as her ring tone when my number calls her phone. She let me hear it today, along with a friend of hers from church (who sadly has no idea what the show is all about). It sounds so awesome, lol!! 8D

So whenever I call her cell phone from my cell phone, everyone around her will hear this. :D

Government Man
07-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow, what a great sister!

Mac-a-lacka
07-20-2008, 08:44 AM
My sister, whom I love dearly, recorded herself playing the Foster's theme on the piano

That's awesome. :D

Heh, I got this sudden urge to learn the piano. 8D :cheesegrin:

Natty
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Recently wore my "I'm a lover, not a sucker!" shirt to the discotheque, and had a lot of fun reactions to it, even from people that don't know the show (most people don't wear shirts with images to the disco) !!

And what are the odds... on that night, I've met the guy I now call 'boyfriend' and he's obsessed with Foster's, especially Coco! ;)

Nyo
09-24-2008, 04:06 PM
A girl (I forget her name) in my Science class owns the HT Wilt and Coco shirts. She's really nice :)

WiltsAKGirl17
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Wonder why I never posted this sooner...

There was a girl in my home ec class last year who had the Cheese "Gotta go!" shirt from HT, and I always told her how much I like that shirt (and the show in general ;)).

A few months after I got my own Cheese shirt (Torrid's "I like chocolate milk" one), I was walking through the grocery store, where aforementioned girl works as a cashier. She took one look at my shirt and announced, "OMG [just not in chatspeak], you have a Cheese shirt! So awesome!"

I was pleased for another couple of minutes. ;D

Lynnie
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Tuesday night I had to work the overnight shift to help with inventory, and one of the plus sides (along with a relaxed atmosphere, no customers, and a lot of yummy food to snack on all night) was that we could wear whatever we wanted. Some even showed up in their pajamas. :berry: Me though, I wore sweat pants and my Deo shirt, with a fleece cardigan over it (I kept the cardigan open in the front). I got a total of three compliments on my Deo shirt throughout the night. First was by a new girl whom I had the pleasure to train a few weeks ago and would say I'm pretty good friends with now. She said "Aww, I love your shirt, that's so cute!" She didn't even know it was a show, she just thought it was cute that a stick of deodorant had eyes and two blue arms. 8D I explained to her about the show, sadly she doesn't have cable so she doesn't expect to see it any time soon (pshh, not that CN's been airing it lately, but anyway).

Second compliment was by a college age guy, who is also good friends with me because we both like cartoons. He saw my shirt and asked "Is that from that cartoon you like about the friendly monsters?" 8D I told him that they're imaginary friends, and he said "Oh yeah that's right, I remember seeing it with my younger brother once. It was funny!" And for the record, he was wearing a Pokemon shirt and basketball shorts, which he admitted he sleeps in so he was one of the people who wore their pajamas. :D

Third, well, maybe it wasn't so much a compliment, but it was from my boss. She looked at it and asked "What's that suppose to be?" She knows I love cartoons and I said it was from my favorite cartoon. She still gave me a strange look, and I went on to explain that the little character on my shirt was dressed as a deodorant stick because he was the spokesperson/mascot for the deodorant ads in one episode. And she said "Ah, ok," and laughed at my weirdness. I got back at her later though when she admitted she doesn't like chocolate, I told her she was weird. Then she said "Yeah. I don't like ice cream either." And I said "Ok, now you're really weird!" 8D Eh, it was such a relaxed atmosphere and we were all having fun I could get away with that (inventory is fun really! At least it is at my place). But anyway, it was a great night, and I loved being a walking billboard for my favorite show. :bloosmirk:

Sparky
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
So here I am at the library on my laptop, which has a giant sticker I printed out of the "Foster's Flakes" box that design student posted here some time ago on the lid. And I'm wearing my Cheese shirt from the '06 Comic-Con. I'm sitting right outside the Teens area of the library. Oh the looks I keep getting. :cheese:

Howard
07-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Ya know it is kind of funny. I have my Fosters calandar up and my Fosters toys on my desk. I have my signed picture of Frankie on my wall with Craig and Lauren's picture next to it; and my coworkers look at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. I tell them about the show, and get raised eyebrows. I think there are only two other people who have REMOTELY heard of the show.:cheese:

Bloo4Ever
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I never understood why people can't grasp the awesomeness that is Foster's! :bloogrin:

Something like that happened to me actually, but to a lesser degree at school. I only have 4 FHFIF items, a Bloo pin that I wear with me everywhere, some Mac and Bloo stickers I have on my backpack, I Bloo plushie (I don't that to school though, he's mine :P) and a Wilt action figure I carry in backpack. Anyways, I already ate my lunch and there was time left, so I took the Wilt out of my backpack and 4 people as they're walking by, just started to stare. I couldn't help but laugh 8D

Anyways, I need a new Foster's item for this year!

Lynnie
07-15-2009, 06:30 AM
I worked the overnight shift for inventory last night, and since we don't have to be in uniform, I wore my teal Foster's hoodie, over a Garfield tee-shirt. One of the guys there, who's really cool but sadly works in a different department than I do, said to me "You like cartoons, don't you?" I grinned real big at him and replied "However did you guess that?" He said he loves Foster's and loved Coco the most. ;) :bloogrin: Another guy who was standing nearby and was listening in jumped in and said he liked Cheese. So the three of us started talking about cartoons. The first guy, Ryan, said he also really loved Spongebob, and I told him that Spongebob's voice is done by the same guy as Ed's, and I pointed to Ed on my hoodie. He said he didn't know that, and that was really cool! We continued talking, and started trashing CN for their new CN REAL block, blech. So that led us to talking about older cartoons, many of which I never really got a chance to appreciate. Ryan ended up telling me I had to borrow some DVDs from him when I came back from vacation so I could enjoy some of the older cartoons. So that was a fun experience! :bloosmirk:

Sparky
12-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Today I dug a Foster's shirt I haven't worn in a long time out of the back of my closet - the white one with the line of black and white background characters and the main characters in color standing in front. I wore my beaded Wilt necklace that I made with it.

So we were walking in Walmart and this little girl's voice behind me goes "WILT! She's got WILT on her SHIRT!!" So I turned so she could see my shirt better and showed her my necklace.

It was cute.

ryanjf97
12-28-2009, 04:09 PM
The first guy, Ryan, said he also really loved Spongebob

OMG! Is this guy my identical twin? I LOVE Spongebob. I have a GINORMOUS sticker of spongebob on my wall!

I will try to upload a pic of it!

Here it is! (http://www.blisstree.com/playlibrary/files/2009/07/spongebob2.jpg)

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Never wore any.