PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

juicy_frood
08-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Only the most awesome thing ever. Am I the only one who is still fangirling the reference from "Bus the Two of Us?" Curse Bloo for not picking up Arthur :K

So...Hitchhiker's. Any other fans out there?

(And if anyone has a cap of Foster's!Arthur, I would appreciate it ;) )

~Amy :)

Cassini90125
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I loved the books. The movie wasn't as good as it could have been, but it wasn't bad, not bad at all. :)

kageri
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
You're not alone; I too am still fangirling over Foster's!Arthur -- HE'S EVEN WEARING A BATHROBE OMGOMGOMGOMG.

I still think Bloo and Zaphod should be pals. They'd get along just fine.

Kzinistzerg
08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
I think if Bloo and Zaphod ever got together the universe would be destroyed. Of course there would be a large amount of fun in the process.

And yes! bathrobe and a towel! So brilliant! Brilliant I tell ye!

I've read all of the books and seen both movies. Six times nine is fourty-two... and "we're sorry for the inconvienence"

I think he made up some of the best words (When he was describing the mattress talking to Marvin) and the best scenes (Ford acting out what happened to him while Arthur and Fenchurch were messing aorund) and flying.

and,

"The best laid plans of mice..."
"And men."
"What have men got to do with it?"

AND the description of the microbial civilisation living on ford's towel... and vogon poetry (please let Bloo never get ahold of it)

Genius.

juicy_frood
08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
I still think Bloo and Zaphod should be pals. They'd get along just fine.

Oh my gosh, they /totally/ would. Duuuuude. Especially movie!Zaphod. They are totally exactly like each other.

And Arthur, come on, he had the whole outfit on! I didn't get a good look at him, but still. And the Magrathea sign. Ford should have been with him, I want to see what Foster's!Ford would look like *flails*

Cassini? If I might recommend the radio series? It will not disappoint ^_^

MAGRATHEA!

~Amy :)

EDIT:

"You missed the best bit! You missed the bit where I jumped the guy! Now I shall have to jump him all over again!"

I can imagine what would happen if Bloo started speaking in Vogon poetry. *snork* He had a TOWEL?? I have got to rewatch that episode ><

Cassini90125
08-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Tell me where to find it, I'll listen. :)

The BBC version wasn't too bad, either. ;)

kageri
08-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Oh, oh, I believe it has the same actors as were in the TV series.

One of my favorite scenes was in... actually, I forgot what book it was in, but it was where Ford came around to Arthur's and was all hung over, and he kept asking for coffee and when Arthur brought it to him he was all "thank you, no" and circling around Arthur's furniture making beep-beep noises.

And let's not forget the part near the beginning of the first book when Ford announces the world is going to be destroyed and the bartender asks if they should put paper bags over their heads.

I do so love Zaphod. He and Bloo would have a lot to talk about.

I was sad at how they handled Zaphod's anatomy in the movie, though. His face looked pretty much exactly as I imagined.... but.... he only had one.

billytheskink
08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I didn't see Arthur's towel in the visual gag from "Bus the two of us". Actually, that's the first thing I wondered.

Would have been funnier if a Ford Perfect stopped to pick him up, but that would probably have taken too long and nobody but old British people and big time Hitchiker's Guide nuts would have gotten it (the Ford Perfect hasn't been made since the 1970's, it was only sold in Britain).

pitbulllady
08-29-2006, 02:28 PM
I think if Bloo and Zaphod ever got together the universe would be destroyed. Of course there would be a large amount of fun in the process.

And yes! bathrobe and a towel! So brilliant! Brilliant I tell ye!

I've read all of the books and seen both movies. Six times nine is fourty-two... and "we're sorry for the inconvienence"

I think he made up some of the best words (When he was describing the mattress talking to Marvin) and the best scenes (Ford acting out what happened to him while Arthur and Fenchurch were messing aorund) and flying.

and,

"The best laid plans of mice..."
"And men."
"What have men got to do with it?"

AND the description of the microbial civilisation living on ford's towel... and vogon poetry (please let Bloo never get ahold of it)

Genius.

I am a HUGE Douglas Adams fan, and have been since my college days(that was around the time that Magrathea built their first planet)! I agree with you completely though-IF Blooregard Q. Kazoo and Zaphod Beeblebrox The Nothingth EVER got together, we would experiece the Big Bang in reverse in a way that even Milliways could not capitalize upon! There simply is not room for those two egos in the same galaxy!

pitbulllady

Kzinistzerg
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Can you imagine feeding Bloo a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster?

koosie
09-03-2006, 03:15 PM
It's so good to see Douglas Adams' name lives on. He's really missed over here like Viv Stanshall, Ivor Cutler, John Peel etc:'(

Did you know before the books and TV, Hitchikers was a BBC radio series with a storyline that went off in a totally different direction to all the other versions. I used to have a copy of the complete script that was stolen from me a few years back. It was available as a LP years ago so must be downloadable from somewhere. BBC Radio 4 repeated them all last year and made a final series using the original actors and the stories from the last 2 books. All highly reccommended.

Kzinistzerg
09-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I knew that. I really wanna see/read/hear all of the stuff.