PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!

Partymember
07-04-2007, 11:12 AM
i didn't see a thread on this yet, so...

Happy Independence Day to all of you lucky enough to be Americans! Shoot something or grill something! :D

taranchula
07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Happy Independence Day America, from your neighbors to the North.

Just don't make too much noise cause we still are trying to recover from our holiday hangovers up in here. 8D

antgirl1
07-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Happy Independence Day! :D

One Radical Dude
07-04-2007, 12:38 PM
:yeah: Woot, happy Fourth! I get to work it, unfortunately. :(

Cassini90125
07-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Happy Independence day to all! :)

Partymember
07-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Happy Independence Day America, from your neighbors to the North.

Just don't make too much noise cause we still are trying to recover from our holiday hangovers up in here. 8D

no worries, bud. My holiday is on the 7th, getting a bottle of Polish Vodka. That stuff bites back 8D

I shot a little skeet today but not too much. Raining too hard.

Sparky
07-04-2007, 02:56 PM
*moving this to the right section*

We went to a fireworks show last night so we wouldn't have to do it tonight...haven't been to a fireworks show in ages. Its illegal to set off fireworks where we live; I have memories of early childhood setting them off in the street before the law passed. Unfortunately I was afraid of fireworks then and never got to really enjoy them (and I even hated going to the shows when I was young as I've always been nervous around loud noises).

lucyrocks73
07-04-2007, 03:06 PM
No birthday fireworks for me (*snorts*) because of the rain... Though we can usually see the ones from Hershey Park every Saturday on my porch...

Partymember
07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
*moving this to the right section*

We went to a fireworks show last night so we wouldn't have to do it tonight...haven't been to a fireworks show in ages. Its illegal to set off fireworks where we live; I have memories of early childhood setting them off in the street before the law passed. Unfortunately I was afraid of fireworks then and never got to really enjoy them (and I even hated going to the shows when I was young as I've always been nervous around loud noises).

yeah, no fireworks in NY.

Michigan i remembver had the BIG ones right in the grocery stores. Awesome. :bloogrin:

Sparky
07-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Well they SELL them here, you just have to drive to another county. They run ads for them in the papers and sell them on every street corner and everything. :P Way to tempt people...and of course plenty of people set them off here anyways. I drove over some firecracker remains on my way back into the apartment complex a little while ago. I expect to hear a lot of them being set off in the parking lot right across the street tonight.

Partymember
07-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Well they SELL them here, you just have to drive to another county. They run ads for them in the papers and sell them on every street corner and everything. :P Way to tempt people...and of course plenty of people set them off here anyways. I drove over some firecracker remains on my way back into the apartment complex a little while ago. I expect to hear a lot of them being set off in the parking lot right across the street tonight.

they are fun. Really jazz up a party.

Owennoreen
07-04-2007, 04:46 PM
happy 4th of july da da da daaa!!! :)

Bloo2daMacs
07-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Woot! Happy Independence day every one!

I just got back from Rattatouille, one of the only movies that's ever had me smiling all the way from the beggining of the end, to the end of the end, to me getting in my car. It was awesome, and I highly recommend it!

frankie_fan
07-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately I was afraid of fireworks then and never got to really enjoy them (and I even hated going to the shows when I was young as I've always been nervous around loud noises).

Wow. I thought I was the only one who was afraid of fireworks (and still is :().

fosters home fan
07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Yep, happy 4th of July! :D:D:D

Sparky
07-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Yay, just grilled some hot dogs and corn on the cob...was a good 4th. ;)

Imaginary Light
07-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Yay, happy 4th!

Luckily, it stopped raining here long enough to play dodgeball, light sparklers, and set off the awesome fireworks display:) Yeah, it was a good night. Hope everyone else had fun.

lucyrocks73
07-04-2007, 06:51 PM
No birthday fireworks for me (*snorts*) because of the rain... Though we can usually see the ones from Hershey Park every Saturday on my porch...

Ah... they finally did! Much later and lower than usual because of the clouds, but they were still marvelous. And then there were the people down the street who are from out of state and don't know that the kind of fireworks they were using are illegal in my state... Still fun to watch.

-Marty :goo:

some guy you dont know
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM
it was fun, for the first hour or so, because then it started to rain, so we still did some, but it got to bad so we had to quit. happened last year too. kinda sad actually. oh well it was still good

Crash-N-Cortex
07-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Happy Independence Day, everyone!:):bloogrin::goo::frankiesmile:

One Radical Dude
07-04-2007, 07:12 PM
I am tempted to get some fireworks, but several years ago, the police pulled over where I was, and I didn't shoot anymore. Why would they sell the things, if we cannot use them? My city is considering banning the sale of fireworks. *sigh* They should focus on those that don't know what the hell they're doing, instead of stopping those that are shooting fireworks responsibly.

emperor26
07-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Happy 4th of July!

Lynnie
07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
I guess Lady Luck was smiling down on me today. :bloocross: I woke up at 6:30, and figured, Well, I'm already awake, I might as well get up. I turned the TV to CN right away, so I only missed the first Foster's eppie. I soon noticed they were also showing shorts, so I found a blank VHS, and started recording them. Yeah, I'm old-school; I don't have a DVR yet. *blush* :goo: I had Thai food, and then Mocha-Almond-Fudge ice cream, and made some hot fudge and also some fudge brownies to go with it. For the most part I just relaxed all day. I'm housesitting for my parents for the next few weeks while they're on vacation, and they live out in the boondocks, atleast 20 minutes from anything. I really don't mind spending it alone, though. Now, being dark, I'm enjoying the light show out my window, and the loud bangs coming with it from the neighbors (all while my sister's dog is barking up a lung). And watching the last two eppies of Foster's of course. It's been a relaxing day. Hope everyone else's 4th was good as well. Stay safe everyone! :D

Cassini90125
07-05-2007, 05:32 AM
I celebrated by installing and testing a new printer. Not exactly a holiday tradition, but unlike the old printer the new one prints, which made me very happy. ;D