PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Brave new world!

Hoshikaji
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Hello! I've lurked quite a bit here, and now that our group's project is over, I feel brave enough to come and join this community! My cosplay group loves Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, and we just took a big project to WorldCon 06 this weekend. I was so amazed to see it already on these forums (you guys are FAST!).

I'm very shy on forums (I tend to just lurk), but I know all of you love Fosters, so I think I can be brave here. I'm pleased to meet all of you!

Hoshikaji ;)

Cassini90125
08-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Pleased to meet you as well! Welcome aboard! :)

Chaos Wielder
08-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Hello and welcome, Hoshikaji!! It's good to have you at the forum. I usually lurk on forums until I join, too, so I know how that can be. ;) It's always good to see more Foster's fans coming around. :)

One Radical Dude
08-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh, that was you? Welcome aboard, Hoshikaji! 8-)

Don't let your introverted self keep you away from here. Were you up on stage? Which character was you? :frankiesmile:

Kzinistzerg
08-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Cool! Don't worry; you will be welomed with open arms and begging for more videos.

We all love fosters here so don't be afriad to express your opinions, seeing as we have a very wide variety...

BlooCheese
08-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Hello! Glad you joined. I used to be a lurker too. :blooevil:

Sparky
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Hooray! So you're not going to lurk? :D I want to know who you were in the cosplay too!

Hoshikaji
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
::blushes:: You guys are so wonderfully friendly! Thank you so much!

I was Mac (so VERY lucky to be Mac....he had no costume changes). My sister Pikacello was Richie/Bloo, Liddo-chan was Frankie/Cheese/Wilt, Furtech was Blake Superior and our shadow-king Waynekaa was Eduardo. One of our group actually lives in Florida, and he was supposed to pilot Ed but couldn't come at the last second! So we recruited a friend to pilot Coco (originally, Waynekaa was supposed to pilot Coco).

One Radical Dude
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Yay for Mac!! :)

All of the costumes were great, even Bloo (this is coming from a Bloo cosplayer at Anime Expo). Was it difficult for Pikacello to maneuver/wonder around in the Bloo costume?

Kzinistzerg
08-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Ooohh... You did Mac very well. You guys were great!

LaBlooGirl
08-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Welcome! Man, it's great to "see" so many new faces here!

kageri
08-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Welcome! Gasp, that was Pikacello? I love her cosplays, and I love your group too, so it's awesome that you're here! You all had awesome costumes, and your voice actually sounded a lot like Mac's. The puppets were great too, and from the applause when they announced the title, it seems like a lot of the congoers like Foster's, which makes me happy inside.

Imaginary Light
08-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Welcome to Never Forgotten:D There's no need to be shy here; we're all very nice people:P

Bloo2daMacs
08-29-2006, 02:03 PM
WELCOME TO THE PERSON WHO PLAYED MAC IN THE COSPLAY VIDEO!!!!

I AM YELLING!!!

you being the one who played Mac makes you twice as awesome on my watch :)

Hoshikaji
08-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Seriously, you people are so sweet. Thanks so much! Kageri, Pikacello is even shyer than I am, so I will gleefully let her know that her cosplay efforts are appreciated! I love to brag on her--she doesn't know how damned talented she is.

It meant SO MUCH for us that the crowd knew Fosters. WorldCon is one of the biggest sci-fi cons in the world, and we were nervous about bringing Fosters there. But it was well received, and many people knew it (because of their children). We were asked to visit the con's Children's Programming the next day (which is a grand tale of adventure and over-excited kids), and THAT was wonderful, because we were interacting with some mighty-big fans of Fosters. It really is great to meet others that love something as much as you do!

Mac and Wilt were actually voiced by Pikacello, not me! I had the pleasure of voicing Bloo, Coco and Cheese. I think more than 50% of our love of Fosters comes from our adoration of the voice actors, so we were SO excited to try voices! We failed to come close, of course, but it was fun anyway.

AGSMA did a photoshoot with a photography friend the day after Masquerade, so I'm waiting impatiently for those pictures. Once they get to me, I can try to put some up (<--woefully un-techie) if y'all are interested. In the meantime, thanks so much for your warm welcome! It's so nice to be in a Foster's family!

InsaneFan
08-30-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi there! Welcome! Saw that video, it was awesome!