PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing moments

Owennoreen
07-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Ok this thread is about Embarrassing moments what i mean by that is you can talk about like for example: have you ever done something embarrassing in class or in front of alot of people or were you trying to do something and you messed up and got hurt those kinds of things! Ok my embarrassing moments was when i was in class doing some math when i cut the chesse i really didn't mean to but it was really loud and so all of the kids were yelling at me and holdind they're noses and another one is when in 3rd grade i was between to desks i put my hands on both of them and i started to swing and i fell on my back and another thing is when i was walking handing my teacher my paper when i tripped on my face! So what happend to you guys?:(:terrence::frankiemad::macwor:

Fomalhaut
07-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I was at a school camp, and the house had two stories. I was writing some sort of entry to a contest held here, and shouted down to the girls downstairs: "Any ideas?"
They replied: "No, we'll see later!"
Then a male voice: "No!"
I thought it was that horrid guy I HATED and shouted.
"Shut up, dude!"
(It was a teacher. I apologised to him later.)

Owennoreen
07-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Ouch how much trouble did you get into?

Sparky
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I was at a school camp, and the house had two stories. I was writing some sort of entry to a contest held here, and shouted down to the girls downstairs: "Any ideas?"
They replied: "No, we'll see later!"
Then a male voice: "No!"
I thought it was that horrid guy I HATED and shouted.
"Shut up, dude!"
(It was a teacher. I apologised to him later.)

That reminds me of this one time when I was in my front yard when I was a kid talking to the jays in the tree (yeah I talked to birds...well, still do) and someone behind me said something, something about the jays, and I snarled back this really sarcastic remark because I thought for sure it was my brother. Then I turned around and there's this horrified little old woman standing there. :wiltshock:

Partymember
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
hehe, i don't think i can share any of the really, really, embarassing crap i've done. I'm sure i could think of something but anything even remotley appropriate for this site just pales in comparison to some of the crap i've done. :-X

soooooooooo stupid...

Lynnie
07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Oh, I love topics like these! :bloogrin:

I was a junior in academy and on a mission trip with my school to Mexico. The bathrooms in the run-down building we were staying in didn't have doors, so we hung up blankets as make shift curtains. I was in one, about to do my business when the guy I just happened to have the biggest crush on walks in and sees me just as I was about to sit down.... At least he apologised for it. But I couldn't make eye contact with him for the rest of the school year.

Another time is when I was at the library with my parents, younger bro and younger sis. My bro and I always had this running joke where we'd pretend we didn't know eachother when we were in public. I thought I saw him standing at a table looking through some pamphlets and I approached him from behind and started saying stuff like "Ew, who are you? You're weird! I don't know you! Go away!" When I looked up, I saw it WASN'T HIM!!! I apologised, busted out laughing, and ran outside to the car. Needless to say, I never went back to that library again...

Owennoreen
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
that is embarrassing!

Bloo2daMacs
07-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, in school (Can't remember which grade) I had this REALLY sensetive friend. For some reason, I decided to pull his chair out. Suddenly he decided to sit down and he fell (not very hard) and started screaming and crying and yelling at me. Every one was staring at me like I was a horrible monster. I apologized: "Oh, I'm sorry! My foot got caught on your chair and I pulled it back! On accident! Sorry! It was an accident!" He was still bawling, and every one was gawking at me. He forgave me, so it wasn't all that "embarrasing", but I still felt like crap. :(

basilsunshine
07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
There's an embarrassing realization I had like 3 minutes ago: So This morning I fell asleep at 6 in the morning, and wanted to be up by twelve in the afternoon for Camp Lazlo. BUT, I woke up at what I thought was 8:30 at night, and I was soooo made because I thought I missed the CL marathon. So for the next two hours I was looking outside, wondering when it would be dark. That is until I looked at the time on the clock just now, and stared at it for a few seconds....then I realized it was actually AM not PM.

Owennoreen
07-03-2007, 09:35 AM
I love that show and just the other day I was getting on the computer like sitting in the chair and i like fell and hit my head on one of the sharp corners of the desk and i like pulled the keyboard down with me it really hurt i have this scratch on my neck owwww i feel like a loser :(!

Partymember
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
There's an embarrassing realization I had like 3 minutes ago: So This morning I fell asleep at 6 in the morning, and wanted to be up by twelve in the afternoon for Camp Lazlo. BUT, I woke up at what I thought was 8:30 at night, and I was soooo made because I thought I missed the CL marathon. So for the next two hours I was looking outside, wondering when it would be dark. That is until I looked at the time on the clock just now, and stared at it for a few seconds....then I realized it was actually AM not PM.

i do that almost every week. Problem is i don't fall aslep until 3 or 4 AM so my sleep schedule is all kinds of messed up.

lucyrocks73
07-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Ha, let's see if I can pull some specific examples of embarrassing moments from my expansive repertoire...

Let's see... Well, last year we were reading Romeo and Juliet in my Honors English class. The teacher had us watch the 1968 movie, but then she also had us act out of of the important parts. I was minorly irritated in general because she hadn't picked me to do any of he parts yet, but had people go multiple times. I finally asked her what the deal was, and she told me that she was purposely saving me for the end. I ended up being Juliet for the last few scenes. So I stab myself with the plastic sword, and the last thing I remember is falling backwards. Apparently there was a chair right behind me, and I hit my head... The next thing I knew, the guy who was Paris was shaking me and the teacher was confused because apparently everyone gasped (she was sitting at her desk, and since I had been sitting on the floor, she didn't see me get knocked out by the chair). Needless to say, I was dizzy all day. And I still went to Laser Tag that night for my friend's birthday party (who happened to be sitting in the front row of that class). To this day, I can't read or hear the last few scenes of Romeo and Juliet with out laughing hysterically.

Then, I'm just an all around klutz. There are several moments surrounding that, but I'll just share some:

We had a bus evacuation drill, and I fell out of the back of the bus because I sat down in an attempt to slide myself out gracefully (I'm only 4 ft 11, so there was a minor height issue to begin with). Needless to say, I was not successful. ::) However, the evil computer teacher who never smiles had this insane look on his face as if he was trying to decide whether to laugh and tell all of the staff or to scold me for being a klutz.
I was Kelsi in my school's production of "High School Musical", which meant that I had to trip a lot. I hate to say it, but most of the falls were real. There was one fall in particular in act one that I apparently kept doing naturally. The first time was while we were on tour around the elementary schools, and I ended up in the nurse's office after landing on my wrist weird. The second time was at the last performance that weekend (which always ends up being a little silly). Some of the chorus members ended up throwing balls of newspaper at Sharpay (instigated by the evil stage crew). I didn't know that, and went on stage for my fall just as always. I slipped (oddly enough, when I was supposed to) on a piece of newspaper. My elbow was bloody, but I think it was my most convincing fall ever.
I'm a dancer. Which sounds odd... I mostly specialize in tap, because it's faster and I don't have to think as much. This is for a reason, as at age five I was practicing my ballet in the seating area in the theater we use, and I fell under the stage into the pit.

Yeah, I'm chock full of embarrassing moments.

-Marty :goo:

Lynnie
07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh dear.

That reminds me of another EM from when I was 10. I was on an overnight trip with my "Girl Scout Ally" club (we call ourselves Pathfinders). We were at a Summer Camp, but it was winter and there was something like 5 feet of snow on the ground outside. Anyway, we stayed in the dormatory type building where the staff stayed during the summer months. I was sharing a room with one of my best friends, and during the night, I had a dream that all the girls were in our room having a party of sorts. They were all talking and laughing and playing games. And I was the only one in bed. So I decided to get up and join in the fun.

And I did. In my sleep.

I walked into the wall, and with a loud "BANG!" jolted awake. I'm surprised I didn't wake my friend up. I was too tired to figure out what just happened, so I just went back to bed. It may have been only 5-10 minutes later when I woke up again all wet and sticky... My nose was bleeding something awful! I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up and try to get it to stop. Eventually I went back to bed, despite my sleeping bag, pillow, stuffed bear, and even the mattress were covered with blood.

When my friend woke up the next morning, she nearly screamed at the sight of me, and asked me what happened.

"Uh....nothing?" :-[

Cassini90125
03-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Part of my daily routine includes an afternoon walk to Sam's market, where I pick up a bottle of soda and maybe a few other items, chat for a bit, and head for home, usually stopping at Walgreens for supplies and additional conversation. No Walgreens today, so I got my soda, a few Powerball tickets, and began the walk home. I keep my eyes open during the walk, in case I see something that might make a good photograph; I never leave home without my camera. As I passed by the bank I chanced to look across the street, and I spotted a woman by the name of Rose. Rose lives in my building; I seldom see her but I'd love to see her more often. She's about my height, 5' 10" or so, a little heavier than average but she carries the extra weight very well, and has medium-length platinum blonde hair. Not her real hair color but I don't frankly care. Rose is not what I would call "relationship material"; from what I've heard she's got a mean streak a mile wide and will go out of her way to get payback against anyone who fracks her off enough. She's also very charming when she wants to be, and even if she wasn't, well, when you look that hot you can get away with dang near anything. And believe me, she looks hot, and will look even hotter in the summer months, and that was the image I had in my head as I gazed at her and walked right smack into a lightpost. The bank's security guard and the tellers who were outside on a break had the courtesy to not giggle too loudly.

Guys are stupid. :cheesegrin:

Partymember
03-26-2008, 03:00 PM
LOL

so we're playing kickball today, and i was up about 6 times, and each and every time i kicked the ball directly into the hands of an opposing team member. Automatic out. 6 times in a row.

embarassing? laughably so :P

Lynnie
03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Haha, nice Cass. Are you ok? 8D And nah, guys aren't stupid. They can be, but no more so than us girls.

Like once when I was "fluffing" up my hair, I threw my head back and my hair got caught on the pull string of a ceiling fan. And I couldn't reach it to untangle it. I managed to finally wiggle loose, but not without pulling a few hairs out. It hurt, but the memory will forever amuse me. :clap:

Another embarrassing moment that happened to me just last night, I was working at the "side job" and in thinking I'd turn a light off to save electricity, I flipped a switch, and it turned ALL the lights in the building off. There was a crew there remodeling the bathrooms, and as soon as it all went dark I overheard one of them say "Hey, what happened to the lights?" and then a *BANG*, not sure if they walked into something or tripped or what. I tried turning it back on, but for some reason it wouldn't. So I stumbled up the stairs in the dark on my way to the master switch. Just before I got to the master switch, the lights turned back on (one of the guys must have found another switch). I laughed and apologized to them, I was so embarrassed! :oops:

Who'd put a "master switch" in a stairwell, anyway??

Cassini90125
03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm okay, although my dignity, such as it is, took quite a pounding. :bloocross:

I never shut off a building's lights but once when I was about eight I pressed a button on an escalator. It came to an abrupt halt. Several people stumbled (it was the "down" escalator) but fortunately no one fell. Mother and father were not pleased. :P

Fomalhaut
03-27-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm okay, although my dignity, such as it is, took quite a pounding. :bloocross:

I never shut off a building's lights but once when I was about eight I pressed a button on an escalator. It came to an abrupt halt. Several people stumbled (it was the "down" escalator) but fortunately no one fell. Mother and father were not pleased. :P

Oh, never mind, when I was little, I used to push literally every button in my sight. Like when I stopped the moving stairs in a supermarket, turned the lights off, stopped the microwave before it should have stopped, and I could go on. :D

Cassini90125
03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
If buttons were not meant to be pushed, they would not be where we can reach them. 8D

Buttons pale in comparison to the time I broke into the school's arts and crafts supply room and stuck my hand in the fuse box. I was eleven at the time, a little rambuntious, and curious about everything. The fuse box was an unknown so it had to be investigated. I remember a brief flash, then lying on my back about twenty feet from where I'd been, with a tingling sensation all through my body. Not the smartest thing I've ever done. Fortunately I didn't get caught.

Partymember
03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
there was the time i left the microwave door open. And then turned around and smacked my face off of it. Hard.

Sparky
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
That reminds me of the time I opened my car door and somehow managed to wing my glasses with the top corner of the door, sending my glasses flying across the parking lot. (Fortunately these were sunglasses, this was before I started wearing prescription glasses.)

Or the time I was trying to look at an item in a large box on the top shelf at Walmart, and someone had left a metal toolbox on top, and it fell on my face and my glasses (real ones) went flying...Although that wasn't really my fault.

But then no one was there to witness either of these events so I guess they weren't particularly "embarrassing".

Partymember
03-27-2008, 02:15 PM
oh God Sparky that must've hurt!

I remember the time i broke my finger. It last Halloween, it was cold and my hands were pretty numb. I planted them on the trunk of a car and hopped up there... and sat on my finger and broke it 8D

Sparky
03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Being hit by the toolbox hurt, yeah.

I have never broken any bones. I seriously don't know how I've managed that. I have however scraped off large quantities of skin. :P

Partymember
03-27-2008, 02:40 PM
ouch. :P

Yeah i'm thankful that i've never broken a leg or an arm. Or that i haven't yet.

Lynnie
03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
I've only broken a toe. I was eight years old, and was (foolishly) swinging back and forth on a kitchen cabinet door. The door broke off its hinges and the bottom edge of it landed right on my toe. It's still slightly crooked to this day.

I didn't break it, but I messed my elbow up when I was 12. I took a running start before jumping over a fence on a playground, and didn't jump high enough. My foot caught the fence and I crashed into the ground- right on my elbow. I had it in a sling for two weeks. And although no bone was broken, I messed the cartilage up because when looking at my elbows side by side now, you can clearly see they don't match. And whenever cold/wet weather is on its way, I can feel it coming in that elbow.

Eh hem, we're getting off topic, sorry. :-[

Now for an EM of not mine, but my mother's. Once when we were at the airport, my brother, mother and I were waiting at the gate so we could watch my aunt's plane take off (this is pre-9/11). Now, for many years my bro always wore baseball caps, and I came up with a way to distract him when he was irritating me- grab the cap off his head and fling it as far as I could in the opposite direction. :blooevil: He'd always stop bugging me and take off to retrieve his cap. Always worked like a charm. Anyway, this day at the airport, my goofy bro was bugging my mom and I. Mom had caught on to my little trick, and she had done it a few times herself. So she grabbed his cap off his head and flung it as hard as she could. There was a middle aged man sitting in one of the seats near by, reading a newspaper, minding his own business. And suddenly this hat comes flying toward him, crashes into his paper, tears it out of his hand, and then lands in his lap. He looks over to where the hat had come from, and sees two kids suddenly crack up something fierce, and their mother red in the face from devastating embarrassment. She goes over and apologizes, he hands her the hat, and then she comes back to where we're still busting our guts, and to this day, I have still never seen my mother's face so red. Now days, all it takes is one of us to say "Remember when Mommy threw the hat at the man?" and the next 10 or so minutes are easily filled with fits of laughter. And she still blushes at the memory. 8D :oops: 8D

To add to the story, I entered it in a radio contest for Mother's Day a few years later, it was read on the air, and my mother won a month's worth of free maid service. :w00t:

My mother has since learned to always look where you're flinging a hat before flinging it. 8D

BluebottleFlyer
03-28-2008, 04:41 AM
This really happened, not long ago...I'd just left after an appointment at the Jobcentre (fellow Brits will know what I'm talking about), and I was halfway up the road when I realised my backpack wasn't on my shoulder, so I went back down to the Jobcentre to see if it was there. When I got there I found that all the Jobcentre staff were stood outside the building for some reason. When I asked one of them why, she told me that the building had been evacuated because someone had found an unattended bag under one of the desks, and they had to evacuate in case said bag had explosives or something. The bag was my backpack...I nearly died of embarassment. :P
For a moment I even thought they'd get the police involved, but thankfully it all got cleared up. One of the staff even said I'd done them a favour by making their day a bit more exciting, lol.

scary_dream
03-28-2008, 07:17 AM
That reminds me of my friend!! This actually happened as well.

For my best friend Ethan's birthday, our friend made an "All-around-town" scavenger hunt for him. One of the items to be hunted was an old briefcase duct taped under the top of a slide at a nearby elementary school.

They evacuated the school, then brought the cops, firemen, and even the bomb squad with their little detonator robot out. The robot destroyed it to find out what it REALLY was! 8D

My friend took it well, though. He wasn't embarrassed and he didn't go to jail because it's not like he intentionally CALLED IN a bomb threat. Still, a good story that would have made my face turn red for sure had it been me!

Here's the news story. I had to copy and paste because I had to go through a cached Google page that looked kind of crappy. It's followed by a link to it if you want to see pictures:

Suspicious briefcase linked to scavenger hunt
By MATT SWEARENGIN, SENIOR Staff Writer
DURANT - A briefcase taped to a slide on a playground at Northwest Heights Elementary School as part of a harmless scavenger hunt was detonated Friday afternoon by a bomb squad robot.

Police were called at 8:54 a.m. after a teacher's aide saw the briefcase.

The school, located at 1715 University Blvd., was quickly evacuated and the students were escorted to the intermediate school, according to Durant School Superintendent Dr. Terry James, who said police took an extremely cautious perspective.

“The procedure worked perfectly,” James said at the scene. “They all walked over in good order.”

Other school sites were checked and no other suspicious-looking devices were found, according to James. Parents were allowed to pick up their children and other schools remained in session.

Police learned later that afternoon that the briefcase had been placed there by teenagers as part of a scavenger hunt for a friend's birthday party.

However, at the time it was found, it was considered of suspicious nature. Oklahoma Highway Patrol Bomb Squad Technician Robert Daws called for OHP's bomb squad truck from Oklahoma City, police said. A robot was used to approach the briefcase that was taped with duct tape to the top of the slide. The robot was equipped with a pole to prod at the briefcase.

The robot tipped over while prodding at the briefcase, and a few minutes later two OHP bomb squad technicians, wearing protective suits, walked out and uprighted the robot.

One of the technicians then pulled the briefcase down from the slide. The briefcase was placed on the ground and the technicians walked away.

A few minutes later at approximately 1:15, a technician yelled “fire in the hole,” and a device on the robot fired a charge that blew open the briefcase. The technicians, still in their bomb suits, then approached the blown-open briefcase and learned that nothing was inside it, according to police.

People in the area had been asked to go inside or stay behind buildings for safety reasons, although onlookers watched from parking areas at businesses off North 19th Avenue. A couple of people pulled out binoculars and others used their cell phones to call people and describe what they were watching.

“It's not everyday you get to see a bomb squad in action,” a man said.

After the scare was over, police learned the briefcase was part of a scavenger hunt. It had been painted with glow-in-the dark paint, according to Police Chief Gary Rudick.

“It appears to us that there was no deliberate intent on the part of these young people to cause the level of fear and concern that was the result of the package at the school,” Rudick said, in a news release. “We are relieved that the event was not intended to be a threat or to cause alarm, but simply a result of actions by teenagers who did not perceive their actions would ever cause such a ruckus.”

No charges will be filed against the teens because there was never any criminal intent. Although they were scared to come forward at first, fearing they would get in trouble, Rudick said one of them even offered to speak to the press to assure people that the incident was not intended to be a threat.

“It would be difficult to prosecute someone for a criminal act in this case without some identified intent,” Rudick said. “Their intent was to play a game. It is just a sad commentary on our society that we have to interpret such innocent actions as a serious threat.”

In addition to Durant Police and OHP, the Durant Fire Department, Durant Emergency Management, Bryan County EMS and the Bryan County Sheriff's Office were among agencies who responded. Durant Police reserve officers were called in to take routine reports while the regular officers were tied down at the perimeter set up around the school.

“This all began when a school employee noticed the package taped to the playground,” Rudick said. “She did the right thing and we think the response by the school and emergency responders was appropriate, especially considering the recent threats nationally against schools, the upsurge in school-related violence and the unknown we were dealing with.”"

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:mhEZnzFovKsJ:www.durantdemocrat.com/articles/2007/09/15/news/news1.txt+Bomb+threat+at+northwest+heights&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us

jekylljuice
03-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Being hit by the toolbox hurt, yeah.

I have never broken any bones. I seriously don't know how I've managed that. I have however scraped off large quantities of skin. :P

I have broken my arm, but I wouldn't say that I'm at all embarrassed about it. After all, with hindsight I was just a seven-year-old kid too young and naive to fully understand her limitations. And at the time I was way too distressed to feel a great deal else. :P

Sparky
03-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Okay s_d...LOL at the robot falling over while prodding at the briefcase with a stick. 8D

scary_dream
04-15-2008, 10:50 PM
I know!! The mental image is hilarious.

Partymember
04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
i've also managed to cut myself on ridiculous objects like plastic fans and the frame of a painting.

i have a pair of scars running across my forearm from a painting frame 8D

oh and the time i burned my hand, that was embarassing. We were shooting and i leaned one of the guns up against a log. It started to slide so i grabbed it quick by the barrel right after we had fired about 200 rounds through it. That was painful and completely embarassing, i had to work in the kitchen that night and every time i grabbed a pan or a hot dish it really really hurt. Blisters all over my hand. But it was amusing to my coworker, who i had been shooting with earlier 8D

scary_dream
04-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Hear hear... I am the clumsiest person I know. I run into things all the time and always have bruises to show for it.

Once I was at work and I had two LARGE styrofoam cups of tea in my hands. I walked past a low cabinet that wasn't closed all the way, and I SAW that it wasn't closed, and for some reason I could not dodge it at all... I tripped over it, and in my fall, my hands (as a reflex) clenched into fists and went right through the cups of tea. I was lying face down in a huge puddle of tea after that 8D

Riiiiiiiight in front of everyone, too.

Lynnie
04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Here's one I did just a few moments ago. Maybe not so much as an embarrassing moment than just plain funny. I'm at my folk's place to housesit for a week while they go on a cruise and my sis goes on a school trip to Yellowstone Natianal Park. They all leave bright and early at 7 tomorrow, so they're still here right now. But anyway, it was snowing again earlier this evening, and being cold, I decided to make myself some hot cocoa. So I boiled some water, spooned some cocoa into my cup and stirred the water in. But at tasting it, I cringed. It was horribly bitter! I couldn't figure out what went wrong. I looked at the cocoa contaner, and it turns out it was indeed cocoa. Not HOT cocoa. Just cocoa. I had to add like five heaping teaspoons of sugar and some milk before drinking it. And then it kind of tasted like Starbucks' sadly departed Chantico Drinking Chocolate from a few years back. Very good, but very strong, and I could only take a little bit of it at a time.

The cocoa is made by a brand I'm not familiar with, and the container looked just like most hot cocoa contaniers. My parents also had it on top of the fridge where they always keep their hot cocoa. So it totally threw me off. It was still funny. 8D

Sparky
04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Reminds me of the time when I was a kid and a family friend invited everyone over to eat a cheesecake she had baked. People tasted it and it was horrible! She realised she had gotten the salt and sugar containers mixed up.

Many years later, when I was an adult, my family was at a restaurant (mind you we moved out of the town where the family friend lived while I was still a child) and a lady suddenly walks up and places a piece of cheesecake and a salt shaker on the table. I was the only one at the table who remembered the salty cheesecake incident and realised who it was. :D

taranchula
04-19-2008, 09:10 PM
i've also managed to cut myself on ridiculous objects like plastic fans and the frame of a painting.

i have a pair of scars running across my forearm from a painting frame 8D

That certainly beats the time I cut my finger on a piece of metal on the back of a microwave I was carrying into the house. 8D

Ridureyu
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I've cut myself on a butter knife.

Twice.

scary_dream
04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Ooooh, ouch, that takes the cake on embarrassing cuts, Ridureyu XD

Here's an embarrassing moment that many can relate to, summed up in three words:

Wrong messenger window.

Painfully hard to explain times, those were.

Partymember
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah bro i think that pretty much takes the prize for lamest cuts 8D

CagedWings67
04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I remember two years ago (sixth grade) at school, I was walking down the stairs to class with my two best friends. We were talking about the day’s lunch. It was Chinese food, so we were talking about the fortune cookies, and adding something perverse to it at the very end. I took out my friend’s fortune that he gave me from my pocket, I read it out loud, and all of my friends laughed hysterically including me. Since we were so occupied with the funny situation, and we were walking down the stairs, I fell down the flight of stairs, and bashed my finger on one of the steps. I was bruised, and my friends took me to the nurse. Turns out that I had broken my finger AND sprained my ankle. Now in eighth grade, almost in high school, I still get teased about it. My friends and I laugh about it, but as the scar on my finger and bruise on my ankle are still visible, I’ll never forget it. And yes, it was a very painful experience. Physically and mentally. I still love my friends to death, even if they still tease me about it. Stairs are really painful….. Especially the ones at my school.

scary_dream
04-28-2008, 12:47 PM
This morning in my Intro to Technical Theatre class, we were practicing hanging lighting instruments. We were taking turns, one person hangs the light, focuses it, then takes it down and hands it to the next person who climbs the ladder, hangs the light, and so on and so forth.

Well, my turn comes up. The ladder is a tall one, but not THAT tall, so I climbed it and we were supposed to stand on the top rung and do it because the grid is pretty high, but I got about 3 rungs from the top and started panicking and hyperventilating and shaking so bad that my professor told me to come back down. I got back on the floor and started crying! I felt so lame :( I freaked out, even though one guy was holding the ladder and there was another guy right beside me on a separate ladder holding the light!

To make it worse, I had people telling me "Wow, I didn't think you were scared of anything!"

I didn't know I was THAT afraid of heights, either! ::)

Mac-a-lacka
04-30-2008, 01:26 PM
yeah bro i think that pretty much takes the prize for lamest cuts 8D
What about grass cuts?:-[

Partymember
04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
hmm... yeah thats pretty funny 8D

Mac-a-lacka
04-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I once got a paper cut while reading a book.:-[
So I decided to stand instead.8D

Frankie_4_Prez
05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Not always terribly embarrassing, but I've injured myself way too many times in the kitchen: burned by hot soup, splattering oil, accidentally touching the hot oven rack, cut by a handheld vegetable slicer, minor knife cuts, and worst of them all, cut by a tiny piece of egg shell while cracking one. No idea how that happened. Out of the hundreds of eggs I cracked in my life, that one had to try to even the score with me.

Mac-a-lacka
05-01-2008, 08:58 AM
A horse trainer I knew had a thumb that was bit by a horse.
The embarrassing thing is now she barely has a thumb.:-[:(:'(:sadbendy:

Howard
05-03-2008, 03:03 PM
It just happened to me today (and it has never happened before). I pulled away from my favorite sub sandwich place, and saw a cup and punch rain down on my car. I left my punch on top of the roof. Being 90 degrees and climbing today, the stuff dried to a sticky mess. I went to my favorite car wash, and fixed the problem.

I am sure that it was both entertaining and funny to the young crowd hanging outside the sub shop.:wiltshock:

scary_dream
05-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Lol speaking of things on cars...

I was a bit embarrassed trying to explain this on my car before I could get to the car wash, but it wasn't my fault!

I was driving home late one night when I came to a part of the road that required me to drive under an overpass. When I went under, a heard a "DOOF" on the top of my car. I wondered what it was, but since it was a long drive and pretty late, when I got home, I didn't even think about it again.

I woke up the next morning to a smelly brown smear on the top of my car. Someone had thrown POO at my car from the overpass!!! It was disgusting, and to make matters worse, it smelled so bad I didn't want to hand-wash it off or even use the power sprayer, so I went through the automatic and the guy at the car wash tried to spray it off for me. I ended up having to go through twice to get all of it off!

8D It's funny now when I think about it, but seriously... what were these people, primates? They were flinging poo at people!!!

Partymember
05-06-2008, 11:05 AM

I was a bit embarrassed trying to explain this on my car before I could get to the car wash, but it wasn't my fault!

I was driving home late one night when I came to a part of the road that required me to drive under an overpass. When I went under, a heard a "DOOF" on the top of my car. I wondered what it was, but since it was a long drive and pretty late, when I got home, I didn't even think about it again.

I woke up the next morning to a smelly brown smear on the top of my car. Someone had thrown POO at my car from the overpass!!! It was disgusting, and to make matters worse, it smelled so bad I didn't want to hand-wash it off or even use the power sprayer, so I went through the automatic and the guy at the car wash tried to spray it off for me. I ended up having to go through twice to get all of it off!

8D It's funny now when I think about it, but seriously... what were these people, primates? They were flinging poo at people!!!

ROFL... just be glad it wasn't a lawnchair. I've got a bro going to jail for that :-X

Frankie_4_Prez
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Talk about having a crappy day :bloosmirk:

Cassini90125
05-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Talk about having a crappy day :bloosmirk:

8D Thank you both for that. 8D

One Radical Dude
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM

Gross!!! :thumbdown: Ugh....that is beyond not okay.

Lynnie
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok, that's just..... that's just.... eew, uh, no. Just no. :wiltshock:

And speaking of stuff on cars, the speed stripe, (or whatever that decorative bumper thing is called running down the middle of each side of the car) was coming off, so I used some rubber cement and wood glue to glue it back on before it fell off entirely while I was driving down the road. It was too heavy to hold, so I held it in place with electrical tape, since it's stickier than regular tape. May not have been so bad on a black car, but mine is more like a teal green. Yeah, that looked brilliant! 8D I took the tape off once the glue dried, but now I have dried drops of wood glue running down the side of my door, and black rubber cement gunked on above. Well, at least the bumper is securely in place now.

I should try to chip off the dried drops of glue off, that should be doable.

Mac-a-lacka
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I accidentally ran into a car once.:-[

Ridureyu
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I forgot my own name once.

I was very tired at the time.

Partymember
05-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok, that's just..... that's just.... eew, uh, no. Just no. :wiltshock:

And speaking of stuff on cars, the speed stripe, (or whatever that decorative bumper thing is called running down the middle of each side of the car) was coming off, so I used some rubber cement and wood glue to glue it back on before it fell off entirely while I was driving down the road. It was too heavy to hold, so I held it in place with electrical tape, since it's stickier than regular tape. May not have been so bad on a black car, but mine is more like a teal green. Yeah, that looked brilliant! 8D I took the tape off once the glue dried, but now I have dried drops of wood glue running down the side of my door, and black rubber cement gunked on above. Well, at least the bumper is securely in place now.

I should try to chip off the dried drops of glue off, that should be doable.

try Gorilla Glue

scary_dream
05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
try Gorilla Glue

Ahh I'm so scared of getting that stuff in my eye since it's activated by water!!! :wiltshock:

But it works VERY well.

I never had to tape anything onto my car before, thank goodness.

Lol Ridureyu, I've never forgotten my own name, but even when I'm NOT tired and someone asks me how old I am, I have to think about it for a split second. I don't just go around thinking "I'm 20, I'm 20, I'm 20" so I don't think it's so bad, but people look at me funny when I do it!

Partymember
05-12-2008, 11:29 AM
is it really??

oh crap. Better be careful with the stuff i guess 8D

Owennoreen
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Like I hate my school I go to. There are some kids in my class that say mean things to me all the time and I yell at them and I get a check for shouting in class. I'm all angry and they laugh at me. Ohhh god I hate my school so much. And When I tell the teacher what they say they ethier say I don't want to hear it or they give me a check for tattletailing! >:(

Sama-chan
05-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I was at baseball paractice last year, and I was running after a fly ball in the outfield, and I ran right into the fence and fell backwards. I laugh about it now, but it was embarrassing at the moment.:-[

Vampyre
05-25-2008, 01:37 PM
England is a very rainy country. And when you get alot of rain, you also get alot of mud. The ammount of times I have slipped over and ended lying in a huge pile of dirt at school, with EVERYBODY watching. Also the amount of times, I've pushed myself back up to my feet and then fallen over again...

I've fallen down the stairs a couple of times to, and ended up just sitting in the middle of a crowd of people goin' "What are ya doin', sittin' on the floor?"

Blushing. Furiously.

Mac-a-lacka
06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
One time my horse was misbehaving and drug me like a dog sled. :-[ 8D

Sparky
06-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Lol there's always the times I've gone to work and someone pointed out the parrot poop on my back at like, lunchtime. ;)

some guy you dont know
06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
almost weekly, i tend to forget words while im in mid-sentence. it gets kinda annoying, and they are usually very common words. its kinda embarrassing when im talking to friends.

Mac-a-lacka
06-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Lol there's always the times I've gone to work and someone pointed out the parrot poop on my back at like, lunchtime. ;)

How convenient that something like that gets pointed out when you're eating. :P 8D

Sparky
06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, the point was, I'd been walking around for several hours already by the time someone told me.

Ccook50
06-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Back when I was in fifth grade (1967-68 school year), we had desks with the book compartment under the chair. I bent over to retrieve a book, not seeing that classmate Donna Ballard was in front of me with her back to me as she was talking to someone. As I lifted myself up after getting the needed book, my head went up Donna's skirt. Both Donna and I wondered "what the--?" and shrugged it off as an accident. She asked me if I saw her underwear and I told her the truth: no.

Mac-a-lacka
07-01-2008, 10:31 AM
When you leave the forum to go to bed and completely forget that you didn't log out. :-[

(Just happened to me last night. :P)

Cassini90125
07-01-2008, 10:40 AM
When you leave the forum to go to bed and completely forget that you didn't log out. :-[

(Just happened to me last night. :P)

If it makes you feel any better, on a number of occasions in the early morning hours I've fallen asleep in my desk chair while watching the site. I've had nightmares about waking up in front of the screen only to find a mountain of spam, multiple links to naughty stuff, two dozen PM's all saying "Cassini, do something!!! Why are you ignoring this?!?!", and a new thread in the Office with my name on it. :o :-[ :P

Mac-a-lacka
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
If it makes you feel any better, on a number of occasions in the early morning hours I've fallen asleep in my desk chair while watching the site. I've had nightmares about waking up in front of the screen only to find a mountain of spam, multiple links to naughty stuff, two dozen PM's all saying "Cassini, do something!!! Why are you ignoring this?!?!", and a new thread in the Office with my name on it. :o :-[ :P

Ouch. :macwor:

Just be glad they're only dreams. :frankiesmile:

koosie
07-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Really? Wow star-fleet are training up some diligent officers these days. Aw honestly, no-one could hold you personally responsible if some muffin-heads went on a spree, even if you did appear to be in town.

Anyhoo something embarrassing. Ever actually stepped on a rake? It hurts more than I'd expected and you compound the ridiculousness by staggering around holding your face. Awful.

Cassini90125
07-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I've since worked around the problem by adding a strategic afternoon power nap to my schedule. 8D :cheesegrin:

Congratulations on going over the 500 post mark, by the way. :)

koosie
07-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I've since worked around the problem by adding a strategic afternoon power nap to my schedule. 8D :cheesegrin:

Congratulations on going over the 500 post mark, by the way. :)

Oh yeh. Well spotted! That took years. Must have been the posttalking about Kiwi. I expect it's way more in the spam board. Is that counted anywhere?

jekylljuice
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Anyhoo something embarrassing. Ever actually stepped on a rake? It hurts more than I'd expected and you compound the ridiculousness by staggering around holding your face. Awful.

Ooh, nasty. I trust you at least made the obligatory Sideshow Bob groan.

koosie
07-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Ooh, nasty. I trust you at least made the obligatory Sideshow Bob groan.

More like a series of unrepeatable words I'm afraid. I was lucky not to get a Nun or something.

taranchula
07-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Ouch!

Although that story does remind me of something... :bloogrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6L93kD3xw

EDIT never mind the Sideshow Bob connection was already made, although that scene is still one of the funniest things the Simpsons have ever done, so the link stays.

jekylljuice
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Ouch!

Although that story does remind me of something... :bloogrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6L93kD3xw

EDIT never mind the Sideshow Bob connection was already made, although that scene is still one of the funniest things the Simpsons have ever done, so the link stays.

Kelsey Grammar can groan with the best of them. On second thoughts, can that - he IS the best of them. :bloogrin:

Poor Sideshow Bob. :sadbendy:

Howard
07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
When I came home on leave (don't remember which one), we had a big family dinner at Grandma's. I sneezed, and broke wind at the same time - both were loud:wiltshock:

Lynnie
07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
I have a recollection of a time in the mid-90s, when home video cameras were still the size of todays TV cameras. They were also still kind of new in my household so I was still kind of getting use to the one we had, I guess. I had a habit of, when recording, only looking through the viewfinder while I was recording. So my point of view was over my shoulder instead of centered like usual. Because of this, when turning a corner, I many times would turn too sharply and walk right into the wall- and of course record myself doing it. On one such occasion, I walked into the wall three times in a like, 5-7 minute time period. On the video I was laughing at myself, and I still laugh at myself. 8D

But it's a different story when the friend of your brother, whom you don't know, starts ridiculing you for it. And your brother is encouraging them to do so. I hated that! ::)

Xroc88
07-19-2008, 10:35 AM
I remember at school i was oogling this girl sitting alone at the table, but i haven;'t got the balls to go up and talk to her, she is asian btw, so she is likely cute.

Anyway i had to go to class and she got up at the same time i did, me not knowing this I proceeded to walk to the door until she came at me from the left side and we almost bumped into eatchotherr, i said: Sorry excuse me. She didn't say anyhthing back, must be shy i guess.

Kinda embarassing for me but i kinda liked it.

Mac-a-lacka
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Me and my older sister were running some errands today and I saw a "penny" on the ground, so I picked it up to get a closer look and it was a bottle cap that was the color of a penny. :wiltshock: :-[ 8D

kammy101
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't now if I remember but, when I was in 5th grade I aciddently kissed my teacher, for some reason I can't remember why. It was so embarassing:-[

Lynnie
07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Me and my older sister were running some errands today and I saw a "penny" on the ground, so I picked it up to get a closer look and it was a bottle cap that was the color of a penny. :wiltshock: :-[ 8D
Hehe, I've done that. I've thought I've found jewelry too, only to find it was some kind of metal scrap.

What's bad is when someone intentionally super glues money to the pavement, and then watches everyone try to pick it up. I've fallen victim to that. ::)

Ridureyu
07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Any time I'm in a public restroom and the stall I'm in runs out of toilet paper. Even if nobody's around (they had better not be), there is something undignified about a pantsless mad dash to the adjacent stall.

taranchula
07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Any time I'm in a public restroom and the stall I'm in runs out of toilet paper. Even if nobody's around (they had better not be), there is something undignified about a pantsless mad dash to the adjacent stall.

Gee, you think?

Sparky
07-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Today we stopped at a gas station and I went to use the bathroom. There was no seat on the toilet. :P Do women never go there or something?? :wiltshock:

kageri
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM

What if someone walks in mid-dash?!

jekylljuice
07-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Today we stopped at a gas station and I went to use the bathroom. There was no seat on the toilet. :P Do women never go there or something?? :wiltshock:

Heck, I've been to this campsite in Italy where there weren't even any toilets at all, just holes embedded into concrete slabs, so you basically had to go standing up, whatever your gender. Apparently they're supposed to be more hygienic than the regular kind, though they were clearly designed more with the men in mind than the ladies. I hated them.

Ridureyu
07-24-2008, 10:58 AM
What if someone walks in mid-dash?!

It could be worse. I could dash into an occupied stall.

Lynnie
11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I had one today. ::) Kind of funny, too. For those who don't know, I work in retail, and like many retail companies, we have special stools to help us reach product on high shelves. My company uses special stools that have wheels on springs so you can easily transport it throughout the building, but once ten or more pounds are applied to it, four rubber feet hit the floor so the stool stays stationary and safe while someone is standing on it. Well, this morning (thankfully before business hours), I was stocking the new load, and I needed a stool. I was in kind of a hurry, and I guess I was in a good mood so I had a little extra energy, so when I got a hold of the stool, I briskly scooted it across the floor while leaning on it. As it happens though, I leaned on it a little too much, and the front two rubber feet hit the floor. The stool came to a screeching halt, and flipped over. And then there I went, flying over the flipped stool, doing a complete somersault in mid air while doing so. It was one of those things where I can see and feel myself flipping in slow motion, and in a moment of panic I'm thinking "I'm going to land on my head and break my neck!!" Thankfully though, I caught myself with my hand and landed on my leg. Pinched my finger pretty good, I might have a bluish nail in a day or so. And I have a nasty bruise on my left shin, and right thigh. But I'm ok. I'm also lucky none of my colleagues saw me, although that's not to say no one heard the "crash" of the stool flipping over. It was still embarrassing. :-[

Mac-a-lacka
11-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I had one today. ::) Kind of funny, too. For those who don't know, I work in retail, and like many retail companies, we have special stools to help us reach product on high shelves. My company uses special stools that have wheels on springs so you can easily transport it throughout the building, but once ten or more pounds are applied to it, four rubber feet hit the floor so the stool stays stationary and safe while someone is standing on it. Well, this morning (thankfully before business hours), I was stocking the new load, and I needed a stool. I was in kind of a hurry, and I guess I was in a good mood so I had a little extra energy, so when I got a hold of the stool, I briskly scooted it across the floor while leaning on it. As it happens though, I leaned on it a little too much, and the front two rubber feet hit the floor. The stool came to a screeching halt, and flipped over. And then there I went, flying over the flipped stool, doing a complete somersault in mid air while doing so. It was one of those things where I can see and feel myself flipping in slow motion, and in a moment of panic I'm thinking "I'm going to land on my head and break my neck!!" Thankfully though, I caught myself with my hand and landed on my leg. Pinched my finger pretty good, I might have a bluish nail in a day or so. And I have a nasty bruise on my left shin, and right thigh. But I'm ok. I'm also lucky none of my colleagues saw me, although that's not to say no one heard the "crash" of the stool flipping over. It was still embarrassing. :-[

Ooh. That definitely sounds like it hurt. :macwor:

I'm glad to know you're okay, though. :)

Frankie_Foster
11-28-2008, 10:11 PM
When you see yellow construction tape at the mall and you mistake it for CSI tape. :-[ 8D

Mac-a-lacka
12-22-2008, 05:47 AM
I was outside feeding the animals, then I feel a sudden bunch of raindrops falling. I think "Oh no! We're gonna lose all this lovely snow!" I go off to get some duck feed, sad that it's raining, when the rain suddenly stops. "What the heck...?" I walk past where the rain had first started, and I get rained on again. This second band of "rain" I noticed a sound. A spraying-like noise. Turns out, I was standing in the path of a sprinkling hose. After the whole ordeal, I thought "I have got to report this to the "Embarrassing moments" thread. :-[ 8D

Ridureyu
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Would the time that I forgot my own name count?

I was tired.

Ridureyu
05-04-2009, 12:08 PM
So, what are some things that you've done, or have happened to you which were utterly humiliating at the time, but might have some entertainment value for the people here?

Recently, my car's driver side door broke down - it couldn't unlock and open it. So, for several weeks, I had to vault over the gear shift to get in and out. I was thinking of going to see a friend of mine in Death Valley at the end of the month and having him take a look at it, and see if I could save some money instead of taking it in to the dealer for repairs. Since I don't get into car accidents, and I treat the car pretty well, nothing else was going to break down, right?

And then last Thursday, I promptly backed into one of my own trash cans in the driveway, and took out my left rear turn signal. So I stopped the car, jumped over the gear shift, got out, looked at the damage, walked back to the driver's side, reached in through the window to turn on the turn signal and check it,

And then my pants fell down.

One Radical Dude
05-04-2009, 06:14 PM
I'll share a few of them here, both in public school. When I went to my first day in kindergarten, I went down the slide, and somehow, my shorts from the rear was ripped. Yikes. :wiltshock: During my sophomore year, I was standing up and reading something in class, and I had totally forgotten to zip my pants, and much of the class laughed.

Lynnie
05-22-2009, 01:11 PM
It may not be so embarrassing since this happened while home alone, but I had oatmeal for breakfast, and I like to eat it with raisins, butter and brown sugar. But you know how brown sugar tends to dry out and become hard as a rock? Mine was getting to that point so I had to chisel it with a spoon and pour what came loose into my oatmeal. I picked the canister up and held it up over my bowl and the whole "brick" of brown sugar came out and fell into the bowl and, wouldn't you know it, it broke apart into a powder as if it were fresh. I scooped what I could out and back into the canister, but there wasn't much I could salvage. I rolled my eyes and looked at my bowl of oatmeal. Or rather, my bowl of brown sugar with oatmeal, raisins and butter. ::)

It was a very sweet breakfast I had this morning. 8D

Sparky
05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Lol brown sugar is tricksy stuff. I keep a piece of terra cotta I soak periodically in water jammed into my cannister of brown sugar, it helps keep it from clumping. :terrsmile:

Cassini90125
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I use a small hacksaw. Seriously. :P

Howard
05-22-2009, 05:43 PM
When I was 13, I was riding my bike, and I caught a girl I was attracted to with her friends. I started to wave, when there was an awful jolt. I found myself on the ground with my bicycle, and my lip bloody. Evidently I ran into a parked car. I picked up the bike with what little dignity I had and walked home. I knew what a bug felt like hitting a windshield!::)

Sparky
05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I got my own bowling ball on Monday, had it custom drilled and everything. I've only ever used house balls and it seemed too tight on my thumb; in fact the ball was getting stuck on my thumb. The pro shop guy assured me it was all right, I was just gripping it too hard and it wasn't really too tight. He's probably right but I didn't want to use the ball for the first time in front of my friends Sunday and have it get stuck on my thumb so I went to an alley today to practice first. It did get stuck on my thumb one time and I dropped the ball behind me on the backswing. Everyone was staring at me like I was truly stupid and I wanted to die. :sadbendy:

scary_dream
05-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh no! At least it didn't land on your foot, though, right? That would have been painful AND embarrassing.

I went out to dance at a club tonight and the whole thing was filled with uneven floors. I stumbled so many times because I had never been there and it was dark. I was headed out to the patio area to get some fresh air and (again) stumbled on some uneven concrete. I fell forward in front of everyone, right toward some people that were sitting on a bench in front of me. They all leaned back and looked at me like I had the plague. They probably thought I was some drunken idiot stumbling around at the club but I never drink when I go out. I am just really clumsy!