PDA

View Full Version : What are your flaws?

Mr. Marshmallow
06-29-2007, 09:33 PM
When it comes to being human, it's only natural that we make mistakes or have mistakes that keep appearing in our lives and most of the time are unable to change them. That's because as humans we are flawed and though we don't like to admit it (our friends/family take on that job), we all have our flaws.

So I ask you, what are your flaws? What do you think is wrong with you or what do you think your faults are in your own opinions of yourselves? Me personally, I think my flaws are I tend to over analyze and over think things. When something bugs me, it'll bug me for hours and I can't just not think about it or forget it.

The problem will continue to bug me until it's finished. I also tend to be too secure, I usually try to avoid things that disrupt my "schedule" or whatever it is I'll be doing that day and I think I dislike being broke out of my "habits". One flaw I know I have is I have to be pressured into getting something done on time.

For some reason I can't do work ahead of time, I need the pressure and procrastination to get me into working on sometime. Okay now what do you guys think some of your flaws are? Honestly?

some guy you dont know
06-29-2007, 09:37 PM
i always talk too fast, and cant properly pronounce anything with "th." like three for example. also, i procrastinate on any type of work. espically if it involves numbers. and i need to get outside more too i guess. theres alot more i guess, but i cant think of any of them at the moment.

Sparky
06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't know how to take the initiative when it matters. That's why I'm living off my brother and don't have a career even though I do believe I'm talented and a hard worker. I just can't take the initiative I need to take to get myself out there and do something with my life. I basically need stuff handed to me or I never get it. It's very sad.

Mr. Marshmallow
06-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Another thing I hate about myself is my constant indecisiveness. Being a writer, I constantly am double thinking over ideas, titles, characters and stuff like that and I can never really make up my mind about certain things because I end up changing it on whims.

Take my avatar choices for example, I change them more often then others because sometimes I just get bored with what i see on THAT day and so I change it. I find too many cool avatars to use and I just end up switching them constantly because I can't make up my mind on which one I like to use.

This also comes from cleaning out anything in my room. I'm a pack rat (not sure if that's considered good or bad), and often I end up throwing away something and then 2 days later or a week later I hit myself in the head because I end up needing just what I threw out. I REALLY hate that feeling.

kaytea
06-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I tend procrasinate(sp?)

I always have a sarcastic tone to my voice so in other words I come off as a jerk whenever I talk =/

I also have a proplem with not thinking before I speak

I change obbsession way to much

I also have really bad social skills in real life and get scared easily

One Radical Dude
06-29-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm guilty of procrastination -- seriously, I get discouraged very easily, I get really nervous, when meeting people for the first time (I can't help it :P) and what else? I'm not exactly the most social person out there, if you were to meet me in person.

pitbulllady
06-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm EXTREMELY opinionated(bet y'all never woulda guessed THAT, huh?), I tend to suffer from a lack of patience most of the time, I've got a red-head's temper, I can be overbearing at times(guess it comes from being a Leo), I tend to put logic and thinking processes ahead of emotional responses, so that makes me seem "cold" and "distant" much of the time, and less compassionate than I'd like to be. My sense of humor tends to be more of the sarcastic, "dry" sort of humor(which is why I "get" it when Wilt uses that subtle sarcasm of his). I tend to "packrat" things, and fail to throw stuff out when it's obviously no good anymore(got that from my grandfather, who spend much of his adult life saving up and storing junk for the Next Great Depression that he was certain would happen within his lifetime, only I have no excuse). I overeat(love foot, really), and often, in spite of being diabetic, desire the stuff I really should not have. I don't get anywhere NEAR enough physical activities.

pitbulllady

Vampyre
06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a SERIOUS procrastination problem. A good example of this bad habit is I have to do a performance in front of a thousand peopke at the very least next saturday, and I haven't learnt ONE of the songs yet! I'm rather forgetful as well, like recently, I've suddenly started to forget what I was saying right in the middle of a sentence. I don't have a bad temper, but I'm too much of a deep thinker for my own good. Someone says something bad to me, but I shrug it off, but then it eventually creeps back and it's starts niggling away at me, for days and days and it shows that something is bugging me, but I keep quiet, and goes one picking away at the back of my head, until one day I just... Crack... I sit down and burst into tears. It doesn't matter wear I am, what time it is, or who I'm with, I just suddenly start to sob. I've woken my family up tons of times in the middle of the night because of it. I'm such an Emo XD

I'm kind of... VERY lazy as well and I don't get NEARLY enough exercise as I should, though amazingly, I'm not exactly chubby, but I'm still not a particularly healthy person. I'm not a very fast runner for example.

emperor26
06-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Let me see here...

So far, my flaws includes:

making assumptions
doing something too good
a tendency to get distracted
not paying attention to my environment sometimes
not thinking of the consequence of my own actions

Crash-N-Cortex
06-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I seem to have trouble about trying to figure out what I need to say.
I seem to be distracted at times.
I often forget what I need to do when I'm doing something.

Partymember
06-30-2007, 07:37 PM
well, i can be too agressive. I'm also accused of being "paranoid" because i strongly dislike authority and government. Also, my friends all tell me i'm a horrible, racist, intolerant person who's going to hell.

oh well, what are you gonna do?

One Radical Dude
06-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I seem to have trouble about trying to figure out what I need to say.
I seem to be distracted at times.
I often forget what I need to do when I'm doing something.

I'm guilty of those three things, also. I can't believe I forgot about them. :P Also, one that really bugs me is the fact that I'm not really a fast learner.

basilsunshine
06-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Wellll....

-I still don't know what a rule is.
-Alot of the things I say come out wrong.
-I don't have very much self-control. In other words, I do things I promise myself I wouldn't.

jekylljuice
07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm a decidedly neurotic individual (though I am generally a lot more relaxed about things than I used to be) and I can be pretty hard on myself when I really get going. Which is probably one of my biggest flaws - a lack of self-confidence. I'm often very shy and unsure of myself around others, being prone to feelings of paranoia about what other people really think of me, and having a tendency to drive them - and myself - up the wall with my inability to let an issue rest until I'm confident that it's been fully resolved. I can also be very sensitive, and aren't always as good at taking jokes at my expense as perhaps I should be. Plus, I get stressed out rather easily, and can worry endlessly about the most pedantic of things.

Partymember
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah, i used to be indecisive and fearful. The fear of rejection is the worst, but you know what? Its you're life. Don't let ANYBODY stand between you and what you want. Never let people intimidate you. Ever.

You are (insert name here) dammit! take charge, man, grab life by the horns, wrestle it to the ground, punch its teeth out, and let it know in no uncertain terms who's the boss. Hoo-Rah!

Lynnie
07-01-2007, 08:21 PM
I have a hard time making decisions. And a lot of times I can?t decide until it?s too late, and my decision is null and void.

I?m also too much of a ?people-pleaser? and it drives me up the wall, across the ceiling and out the window if I upset someone. And then I obsess about it and kinda? act like Wilt by apologizing non-stop, doing anything to make that person feel better, and neglecting other people and/or responsibilities until I do. Yeah, I?ve dug myself into a hole a time or two?

Tough challenges, especially if they require some sort of sacrifice or even compromise, also drive me nuts. I can become a drama-queen and act as if my whole world is going to end.

Yeah?.. I?m certainly not cut out to rule the world. I can barely rule over my little part of it. ::)

Medikor
07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm way too shy. I have gotten better but it's still a major hindrance and I'm really dreading the day that I decide I should get a start on the dating scene.
I tend to be pretty mellow, but I find that I can often hold a grudge more often than I may like. But a person has to really rub me the wrong way to get on that side of me.
I also share Sparky's lack of initiative. But that stems more from my shyness than anything. And I'm pretty sensitive. It doesn't take much to get me flustered or upset. It may look like I shrug it off, but I actually bottle it up inside.:(

Mr. Marshmallow
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Like Jekyll Juice said, I also have a very hard time taking jokes. When I was younger I was teased alot because it took me a long time to tell when someone was teasing me and when someone was being serious with me. I can't take jokes very well, especially not about my looks or anything like that.

I am a bit too sensitive when it comes to things like being too hot, and I think ahead too much. I'm always thinking about things in the longterm run then what's happening right now. I dress the way I want and not society wants, I see that more of a strength then a flaw though.

Another big flaw of mine is I'm not very strong. My younger brother works out alot and he's probably stronger then me which I don't like to admit, and sometimes I feel my body is "flawed" because I am skinny and not capable of benching stuff as easily as others.

Crash-N-Cortex
07-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Another thing about me is that I seem to play video games a lot and I don't have time to talk to any of you around here. Also, if someone makes fun of me, I seem to get mean at the person and it makes me wanna go (makes strangling things) at that person. So, don't get on my nerves, just because I say what it seems to be right for me.

Mr. Marshmallow
07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I have ears and eyes that are too good. You may think that's a good thing but when your heavily into media, movies, recorded TV shows and stuff like that, it can turn out to be a curse or something. You start noticing things you DON'T want to be noticing and they end up bugging me.

I guess my real flaw is letting little things bug me when i know they shouldn't. Minor glitches or things in my computer for example get to me deeper then they should and for some reason I just can't "drop it", it'll bug me for an entire day and probably continue to do so into the next day.

Bloo2daMacs
07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
(Sorry if bringing this thread back from a 5 day coma is bad.)

I... Shout.

...a lot.

That's why I'm always getting scolded for using caps lock, because it's the "image" of shoutiness that allows me to express emotion. Apparently, in the worst way possible.

I'm odd in the fact that I cheange my attitudes around people I'm really good friends with. One second I can be really happy, then I can be all apologetic, then I'll get depressed. Most of my friends think it's scary how I'd been a huge jerk just a second ago, and then I begin apologizing as if I'd just threw their whole family off a twelve-story building.

xxxClaire
07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Well, I deffinetly procrastinate alot.
I can't really pronounce g and k sounds.
I'm completely deaf in my left ear.
I talk to much about the things I like. (My friends get annoyed when I talk about Foster's or anything too much. :P I can't help it!)
Some people say that I'm a real jerk when I talk to them online, but really sweet when I talk to them in person...
I seem to be very shy when I'm at school, but when I outside of school with some of my friends, I'm really crazy and outgoing. I don't get that. :terrconf:

Shelltoon
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
1) I have an issue with my weight. I'm so light, that no matter how much I eat, it's like there's no change in my body. If I may borrow a quote from Frankie "I wish I wasn't so skinny. It bothers me so much, I broke the scale in the bathroom so that it reads 10 lbs heavier."

2) STRESS!!! I get stressed out easily over the smallest things. At my job, I get overworked so much that I sometimes fall behind and get a little angry, much like Frankie.

3) Dealing with people. One problem I really have are people skills, mainly because I'm so honest with people it hurts them, that I feel so much guilt after their reaction, so I'm kinda like Wilt there, always apologizing.

Mr. Marshmallow
07-18-2007, 10:51 PM
1) I have an issue with my weight. I'm so light, that no matter how much I eat, it's like there's no change in my body. If I may borrow a quote from Frankie "I wish I wasn't so skinny. It bothers me so much, I broke the scale in the bathroom so that it reads 10 lbs heavier."

I got a problem like that. For some reason, my metabolism shrinks my ass and all my body weight down so fast, whatever I eat ends up leaving me in minutes. I just can't seem to hold any weight down.

I've weighed the same weight amount for like 5 years or so. Sometimes it's great but other times I feel bad about it, a flaw of mine is that I'm not very strong and I feel my arms are too skinny and weak.

Partymember
07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Thats interesting, Marshmallow. Did you ask your doctor if that was normal or not?

another of my big flaws... i'm a total a$$hole.

Mr. Marshmallow
07-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Thats interesting, Marshmallow. Did you ask your doctor if that was normal or not?

Nothing has ever been "wrong" with my metabolism according to doctors, they just say it'll wear down as I get older and with age it'll slow down. Sometimes it's nice to have since I'd rather be skinny then fat to be perfectly honest.

Other times though, you just wish food would stay in you long enough to make a difference and not have to worry about running to the bathroom.

koosie
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM

another of my big flaws... i'm a total a$$hole.

Na, you're no such thing Mr P. You're a comrade, bold and true.

As for Mr M and Shelltoon (hello!), you might find in a couple of years that your metabolism slows like mine did, which was fine till i gave up smoking and got a car and now I have to consciously eat less. I'm one of those folks who has to put something in my mouth all the time, mostly tea.

OK one of my flaws is that I talk too much and it's boring to listen to and I ask too many questions all the time.

Partymember
07-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Na, you're no such thing Mr P. You're a comrade, bold and true.

i try my best to be a good guy but i often fall short IMO.

c'est la vie

AerostarMonk
07-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Geez, I wish I had my metabolism back. Used to be I could suck down two pizzas, a two litter and a cake and would stay well under 200. Now I can't even look at a Big Mac without almost having heart attack after a five pound gain. And, I'm only 20. Oh, well, those first 18 were great.

xxxClaire
07-23-2007, 11:52 AM

I have that same problem. I eat alot. I have 3 square meals a day and snacks in between. Yet, I never seem to gain any weight. I actually seem to be loosing weight... It really confuses me but my parents say it's normal...