PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros. Animation Studio Closes Down

emperor26
06-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Whether you want to believe it or not, the animation studio at Warner Bros. has officially closed its door.

This is very shocking, because I never imagine this studio would be gone forever.

In fact, it was this studio that brought us shows like BTAS, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, etc. I just can't believe this is happening.

Now where will the new generation of animators look up to for inspiration now?

If you aren't convince, you can check this link right here:

http://frederatorblogs.com/post/4038

Just a sad moment for WB.

Mr. Marshmallow
06-09-2007, 03:32 PM
So wait....

Does this mean everything WB makes as far as cartoon series will now be canceled like Loonatcis Unleashed, The Batman and etc?

Wouldn't this mean a big problem for Cartoon Network since they are a apart of the Warner Brother studio?

Invader Bloo
06-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, emperor26 they could look up to Pixar. Who by far has done a much better job than WB in the past couple decades.

I think CN is it's own animation department.

AerostarMonk
06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Actually, the shows on CW are outsourced to other houses anyway and have WB slapped on later. There's very little actual WB production outside of writing and character design that actually went on in-house.

Yes, CN does have it's own animation house, and unlike WB most if not all of their stuff actually is done in-house. At least that's to my understanding. Don't quote me on it or anything.

Partymember
06-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Don't quote me on it or anything.

too late!

cartoonkid9000
06-10-2007, 06:47 PM
that stinks that WB has 2 close

i really liked em

scary_dream
06-10-2007, 10:58 PM
This makes me really sad... :( It's like destroying a piece of good nostalgia.

I really loved the Animaniacs. Of course that show is already cancelled, but closing the studio that created such gems as it has, it seems as if it should be criminal.

Bloo2daMacs
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh my god! You're kidding!

I just... can't... why would they... Ugh. This is tragic. I'm... gonna go... nap...

Medikor
06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I really doubt that this means the end of Bugs Bunny and the rest of the crew, though. I'm sure the WB won't be above selling the rights to use their franchises and characters to other companies. ;)

lucyrocks73
06-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Well... this isn't the first time they've closed... I actually wrote a paper on the history of WB animation and how they used it in WWII. If anyone wants to read it, PM me... it was too long to post...

-Marty :goo:

montitech
06-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I doubt they will get rid of all the classic Loony Toon characters, However they may be soon loosing there exclusive rights (due to Coppyright laws)
either way it Sounds like animation may be moving into the Outsourcing like many other jobs have been over the past thirty years.

MOnty :-/

pitbulllady
06-13-2007, 09:01 AM
According to this article that appeared this morning in Animated-news.com, there does not appear to be any truth to that closing of WB Animation. In fact, they just got a new president, and apparently still have many plans.
http://www.animated-news.com/2007/lisa-judson-named-president-warner-bros-animation/#more-6894

You have to sometimes take what you read on blogs with a grain of salt, since remember-these are largely the opinions of someone, and in some cases, deliberate misinformation. Last night someone on another Foster's-related forum(which I shalt not name)posted something he'd read on a blog and later on Wikipedia.com(and we KNOW how accurate THAT is when it comes to Foster's)that first Foster's, the ALL of the programming belonging to Turner Broadcasting was being yanked from the air later this year, including CNN and ESPN, due to the "government boycotting the networks over the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" advertisement". It was, of course, posted originally by trolls, but this one forum member took it seriously.

pitbulllady

pitbulllady

scary_dream
06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Awesome! I didn't even realize that the information came from a blog entry because I didn't read or click on the link, otherwise I would have taken it with a grain of salt as well.

I'm happy now :) Thanks PBL.

lucyrocks73
06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Awesome! I didn't even realize that the information came from a blog entry because I didn't read or click on the link, otherwise I would have taken it with a grain of salt as well.

Ditto. I just kind of read it here and believed it... The sad thing is, I just got off the phone with a three-way conversation with two of my friends who had each heard the same thing in their respective fandoms (nobody likes the same thing, which makes animation conversations a bit more interesting).