PDA

View Full Version : Video Games That Deserves A Sequel

emperor26
06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Ever thought of a game that you felt is so good, that a sequel has to be made for it?

Take NiGHTS for example, where it's original gameplay and creativity wow gamers and critics, yet, it took about more than 10 years for Sega to be convince that NiGHTS deserves a sequel.

Even though I never play the game on the NES, I really hope that Nintendo would create a sequel for Kid Icarus. It work for the Metroid series, so why not give Pitt another chance?

Another game I really wanted to see is a sequel for Beyond Good and Evil. I was very surprise that this game wasn't good enough for gamers, even though it had the element that would surely be appealing for gamers. I wonder why...

Finally, Tim Schafer needs to work on a good sequel for Psychonauts. Of all the underrated games out there, this one definetly needs one, because there is more out there in that game that remains unanswered (who's the villain that Sacha mention? Is there a way to remove the curse on Raz and his family? Why does the villain have Lili's father in the first place?):terrconf:

Hopefully, these games would finally gain a sequel of its own in time.

montitech
06-08-2007, 04:35 AM
I do not know about Kid Icarus, since that style game is not really popular anymore. Also I am sick of Eggplants! Most of those nintendo games lacked good stories and plots.

I say activision should reopen the zork series, and deliver on those games they anounced and never deliver.

Duke Nukem always needs another sequal...

Monrt :-/

some guy you dont know
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
E.T. :P

seriously, i wouldnt mind seeing war of the monsters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_monsters) 2. it was a good game, pretty fun too.

montitech
06-09-2007, 04:59 AM

seriously, i wouldnt mind seeing war of the monsters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_monsters) 2. it was a good game, pretty fun too.

ET ???
You mean from the atari 2600
I do not think any 2600 game deserves a sequal except for
adventure and Maze craze

Monty :-/

Partymember
06-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Superman 64!

emperor26
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Square-Enix should make a sequel for Vagrant Story, and hopefully, they could make this one better.

Subzeroace
06-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Finally, Tim Schafer needs to work on a good sequel for Psychonauts. Of all the underrated games out there, this one definetly needs one, because there is more out there in that game that remains unanswered (who's the villain that Sacha mention? Is there a way to remove the curse on Raz and his family? Why does the villain have Lili's father in the first place?):terrconf:

Yes. But I think they should make a different game then what they left off at... I'm thinking a game staring Sasha, and you're all Psychonaut's agent-ie... Sneaking around, using psi-powers on people, going in their heads to find out whats going on... Darn, that be awesome.

Not saying that a continuation of where it left off wouldn't be good, I'd be happy with anything with the psychonaut's name on it XD

BTW Jack Black was so wearing Psychonauts shirts at the Kids Choice Awards and on American Idol :O

Invader Bloo
06-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Yep so they can bury all of those in Mexico with the first one. :grin:

Medikor
06-10-2007, 10:39 AM
This is a great topic idea,emperor26. I can't really think of any one hit wonders but I do know some games that should-nay- must have sequels. I'll list the ones I can think of right now.

-Golden Sun 2 ended in a way that begged for a sequel. The adventure is still unfinished and needs closure.

-Megaman 8, as of now, is still the latest entry to the venerable series (excluding the X series and other spin-offs) and I would love to see Capcom bring us another 2D hand drawn blue-bomber title.

-Street Fighter 3 proved that Capcom could count to 3, now let's see if they can count to 4! It has been a very long time since we got a real sequel to the Street Fighter series and, nothing against 3D fighters, I want more 2D fighting games!

Of course, some games should never really have sequels. Chrono Cross, while a very good game in its own right, just felt like it couldn't be any more distant to the source material if it tried.
Oh and Emperor? The rumour mills say that there is a very good chance that Kid Icarus will get a sequel. Pitt's appearance in Smash Bro' Brawl is a good nod at the chance it will happen. Not to mention what Pitt's trophy says in Smash Bro. Melee...

emperor26
06-10-2007, 12:09 PM
This is a great topic idea,emperor26. I can't really think of any one hit wonders but I do know some games that should-nay- must have sequels. I'll list the ones I can think of right now.

-Golden Sun 2 ended in a way that begged for a sequel. The adventure is still unfinished and needs closure.

-Megaman 8, as of now, is still the latest entry to the venerable series (excluding the X series and other spin-offs) and I would love to see Capcom bring us another 2D hand drawn blue-bomber title.

-Street Fighter 3 proved that Capcom could count to 3, now let's see if they can count to 4! It has been a very long time since we got a real sequel to the Street Fighter series and, nothing against 3D fighters, I want more 2D fighting games!

Of course, some games should never really have sequels. Chrono Cross, while a very good game in its own right, just felt like it couldn't be any more distant to the source material if it tried.
Oh and Emperor? The rumour mills say that there is a very good chance that Kid Icarus will get a sequel. Pitt's appearance in Smash Bro' Brawl is a good nod at the chance it will happen. Not to mention what Pitt's trophy says in Smash Bro. Melee...

Thanks for the information, Medikor. I appreciate it. :)

Partymember
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Yep so they can bury all of those in Mexico with the first one. :grin:

X-Play much?

emperor26
06-11-2007, 07:21 AM
I definetly know one game that I felt needs a sequel: Okami.

Yes, I am aware that Clover Studio is close down, but Capcom owns the game (along with Viewtiful Joe and Godhand).

Anyway, the game was very original, with plots, gameplay and storyline, as I felt it deserve more credits. The fact the game ends just like that left me wondering what will happen next.

However, I would prefer the original team to work on the sequel rather than someone else. Otherwise, it would just ruin the franchise.

Ricky Fieldmouse
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
emperor: They're making a NiGHTS game for Wii.

Partymember: X-Play > All. I made a Mii that looks like Adam. =F

As for sequels, Ristar should be one of them.

scary_dream
06-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Superman 64!

8D I caught it, but I don't think anyone else did.

I think they should come out with a Mischief Makers sequel... as long as it plays like the first game. I hate whenever they take a perfectly good game, change the engine or method of playing, and present it as a sequel. The first game sold well for a REASON!

I'd love to see an updated Earthworm Jim game... it might not be that great, but the trademark strange humor of it would more than make up for it.

Medikor
06-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd love to see an updated Earthworm Jim game... it might not be that great, but the trademark strange humor of it would more than make up for it.

Oh heavens yes! I just love Earthworm Jim!:D EWJ3D was a disappointment, though. And from what I hear, there are some new Earthworm Jim games in the works.:D

Sama-chan
08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
SMRPG needs a sequel!

Medikor
08-13-2007, 08:08 AM
SMRPG needs a sequel!

It did... kind of. SMRPG's sequel is Paper Mario. In North America it's not a direct sequel but a spin-off. In Japan it's called "Super Mario RPG 2".
But I would love to see SquareEnix and Nintendo team up again to make a true sequel.:D

Partymember
08-13-2007, 08:47 AM
8D I caught it, but I don't think anyone else did.

kudos 8D

floppynoodleson666
08-13-2007, 08:50 AM
oh, I'm playing Paper Mario 64 on the Wii Virtual Console. (it rules)

anyway, If no one already said it, I think Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem needs a sequel. It was a Gamecube survival horror type game. it inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's works takes place in a modern setting, but flashbacks for entire levels to the distant past all the way up to like WW2 or something. the coolest thing is the sanity meter. The Sanity Meter goes down if you see monsters, and for other reasons as well, but the lesser you sanity, the more like your character will hallucinate. The game might make it look like bugs are crawling all over the screen or tell you that the game has had some error or all kinds of confusing things.
sorry about writing that much, but you guys should go out and play this game.(as long as you don't mind occult themes and a decent amount of violence.)

Medikor
08-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I loved watching my brother play Eternal Darkness. We rented it once and have been keeping an eye out for a copy wherever we go. And the sanity meter was just brilliant!
I'm really hoping that Elite Beat Agents gets a sequel. That game rocked on SO many levels!

taranchula
08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm really hoping that Elite Beat Agents gets a sequel. That game rocked on SO many levels!

I agree, a sequel would totally make my day and then some. In the mean time there is the original Japanese game that EBA is based on (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!) and the sequel to that game (Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2) to seek out.

Medikor
08-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree, a sequel would totally make my day and then some. In the mean time there is the original Japanese game that EBA is based on (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!) and the sequel to that game (Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2) to seek out.

You know, I forgot all about those. And since the DS is region free, importing wouldn't be a problem! Looks like I have some searching to do on ebay.8D Thanks Taranchula.:D

Sama-chan
08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
It did... kind of. SMRPG's sequel is Paper Mario. In North America it's not a direct sequel but a spin-off. In Japan it's called "Super Mario RPG 2".
But I would love to see SquareEnix and Nintendo team up again to make a true sequel.:D
There's actually this one site, that is sent in over 10 different petitions. There getting sigs for another one to. Its at www.smrpgsequel.com.

montitech
08-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Ghost Master,

I am playing it now and it is fun, It is surprising, it looks like it had good reviews but yet no sequal.

Monty :-/

Sama-chan
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Tales of Symphonia deserves one, and its getting one! FINALLY!

Medikor
08-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Tales of Symphonia deserves one, and its getting one! FINALLY!

It's getting an anime too. :D