PDA

View Full Version : Jamez Withazee

"C" the Dragon
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised no one made a tread of him!:wiltshock:

Anyways, there's something I wonder about him: Why is he cool? What's so cool about "The Rock"? I have more, but I'll give you some time for you to think of questions about him, okay?

Wow, I've done alot at my second day, I just hope I didn't break any serious rules around here, 'cause I still don't understand the "Don't make another post for more than 10 minutes rule".

Wow, that was off-topic!:o Sorry about that, and this is my own thread I made and I made it off-topic! Oh well.:-[ Anyways, anything you want to say about him? Hm?

EDIT: Whoops! I ment "less than 10 minutes"! I hope you know what I mean.

Sparky
10-23-2006, 02:05 PM
'cause I still don't understand the "Don't make another post for more than 10 minutes rule".

That only means, don't make a post in a thread, then post *again* in the *same* thread within 10 minutes if nobody else has posted. If you have something additional to say on the same subject, use the Edit button to edit your last post raher than make a whole new post. Again, that is in the same thread, and only if nobody else has posted since you posted. That's called back-to-back posting. if more than 10-20 minutes has passed, you may post again in the same thread, even if there have been no replies (though I personally usually just edit my last post anyways).

I'll be honest, I haven't got a whole lot to say about Jamez himself. It's just the whole incedent with Mac and Jamez - now that's interesting. How quick Mac was to drop Bloo when it looked like he might be accepted by his peers. Sure he changed his mind and took Bloo back...but it could easily have been too late.

Kzinistzerg
10-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, that was kinda dissapointing. but, think of it this way: mac dosn't have any friends at school; the oppurtunity to beocme popular is a VERY tempting one, especially if you've never been popular. I also don't think Mac really realised the whole "Bloo wilkl get adopted if you're not there" thing. It's been a whle since the whole bratty girl incident, and the last time bloo was away was when he TRIED to get taken away, via kip snip.

rukift
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
JAMEZ WITHAZEEEE.

Yet another minor character I'm in love with. ;) I thought he was freaking hilarious, how he respected "the ROCK" so much.

"C" the Dragon
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
JAMEZ WITHAZEEEE.

Yet another minor character I'm in love with. ;) I thought he was freaking hilarious, how he respected "the ROCK" so much.

Why do you think I did a thread about him? He despretly needs one!!;) And yeah, I can't beilive he's always goes to "The Rock" And he calls "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends" a nerdy place!8D

kaytea
10-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I actually thought Jamez was funny XDD I liked his "I don't care" personality

I wonder how old he is caus he doesn't look mac age or any age around him

and who here thinks jamez has tea parties when no one is looking

GrimTheLost
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM

I could see that happening.

scary_dream
10-25-2006, 09:49 AM
I saw a car driving down the road the other day that someone had tagged and it said "I (heart) Mac - Liza with a Z"

Could I be reading into it too much, or do you think it was a Foster's fan punning on Jamez's name?

Imaginary Light
10-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I saw a car driving down the road the other day that someone had tagged and it said "I (heart) Mac - Liza with a Z"

Could I be reading into it too much, or do you think it was a Foster's fan punning on Jamez's name?

It could be. Or it could be just some random girl who loves a guy named Mac, but is making a pun out of the Liza Minelli musical "Liza With A Z". But I prefer the former:)

I actually thought Jamez was funny XDD I liked his "I don't care" personality

I wonder how old he is caus he doesn't look mac age or any age around him

On the old board I brought up how I thought Jamez looked way too old to be in elementary school. I guess he thinks failing is "cool"?

And I'd love to see Jamez having a tea party. Fanart idea, anyone?

Cassini90125
10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
And I'd love to see Jamez having a tea party. Fanart idea, anyone?

Oooo... I'm thinking about Eric Cartman's secret tea parties now. Jamez, Cartman, and a couple of unhappy looking dolls and teddy bears; I like it. :D

Kzinistzerg
10-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Don't forget bendy, he needs to be in there too.

Oh, I forgot to mention, right after Mac gives his "I learned somehting today" speech, and Jamez says "you're a nerd!" I had this great mental picture of Mac turning around and flipping Jamez off. And I drew a picture of it. Obviously I'm not going to post it.

Since when is "i don't care" about everything cool, but when you don't care about being cool not cool? Logic needs some work there.

LaBlooGirl
10-25-2006, 05:33 PM
JAMEZ WITHAZEEEE.

Ah yes you're the Richie fan. You know I'm a Richie fan too, right? lol On that note, I too like Jamez, he's funny. (And very cute.) Might be a real jerk, but he was kinda interesting. Wonder if he'll ever show up again.

scary_dream
10-26-2006, 11:57 PM
It could be. Or it could be just some random girl who loves a guy named Mac, but is making a pun out of the Liza Minelli musical "Liza With A Z". But I prefer the former:)

Aw... I've not seen ANYTHING of Liza Minelli, or else maybe that would have come to mind first. That's probably what it was, but oh well :(

kaytea
10-27-2006, 04:47 AM
Psh "The rock" was the real star D=
Jamez withazee ain't got nothing on"the Rock"

Cell_Phone_guy
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Ah yes you're the Richie fan. You know I'm a Richie fan too, right? lol On that note, I too like Jamez, he's funny. (And very cute.) Might be a real jerk, but he was kinda interesting. Wonder if he'll ever show up again.

I got one idea for a fan-fic. Shortly after "Bye Bye Nerdy". Mac and Bloo scheme to help Mac regain his previous status. When that fails, they decide to make Jamez look like an even bigger nerd which will ultimately succeed. :scaryberry:

taranchula
10-31-2006, 10:51 AM
This thread begs the question, does pro wrestler turned actor, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hang out at The Rock with James?

Voxxyn
11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd like to think The Rock would give Jamez and his goons the verbal trashing they'd deserve.

"C" the Dragon
11-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Since when is "i don't care" about everything cool, but when you don't care about being cool not cool? Logic needs some work there.

I still haven't figured that out!:P

Even though I made a thread about him, he's such an idiot, saying caring nothing is cool. I mean, c'mon! What if they found a new cool kid? Would he be jealous or just do just like he always do: Saying "I don't care".

For some reason, he reminds me of the kid named Pierre from some old book that always say "I don't care".

moonpony
04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I kind of enjoyed Jamez' anti-establishment attitude. But I don't understand how he's "cool" when he doesn't seem to have any friends. The guy hangs out at The Rock alone! Just sayin'... :bloocross:

Bloonan
04-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Jamez? I hate him. There's noting uncool about having an imaginary friend, especially if they're visible!
I have 2 words to describe him: Stupid!

jekylljuice
04-03-2007, 09:24 AM
I thought that Jamez Withazee was a pretty apt representation of those students who get hailed as being the pinnacle of cool, but in reality have very little substance to them. But his final reactions to Mac and Bloo, along with nearly everything else about the ending of “Bye Bye Nerdie”, left me completely cold. It isn’t one of my least favourite episodes for nothing.

HappyFoppy
04-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Thread revive explosion. People really have to check _when_ the last post is made - moonpony just revived a 5-month-old thread. :P

Cassini90125
04-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Far better to revive old threads than start new ones. Now, back to Jamez...

HappyFoppy
04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Lol I told my brother the exact opposite.

Now, back to Jamez... He's a fag. :-[
He doesn't have to decide what's cool and what others find cool... just because he's cool. Fag/10.

Sparky
04-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Cassini is correct. There is nothing wrong with reviving old threads, and its far better than starting a new one for the exact same topic covered by an existing thread, no matter how old it is. The only time I think it's pointless to bring back an old thread is when it was about something that was only happening at the time. Like...a person talking about something that happened to them that day. It would be weird to revive a thread like that a year later. But certainly any Fosters episode or character-specific thread can be revived at any time.

What exactly do you mean by "fag"? That's quite a hurtful word in the US, its a derogatory term for a homosexual. If that's what you meant, we really can't have you using words like that on here...Or are you saying that he does menial chores for a higher-grade student? :terrconf: I'm pretty sure you don't mean that he's a cigarette. :P

kageri
04-05-2007, 11:25 PM
He doesn't have to decide what's cool and what others find cool... just because he's cool. Fag/10.

................uh.

....anyways, I loved how his idea of being "cool" was just standing around looking intense. It just goes to show you that sometimes being "cool" is really boring and not worth it. Being a "nerd" is much more fun, even if you have an IF. And being cool doesn't necessarily mean you have friends (except for large boulders) so much as that you have people who admire you from afar.

jekylljuice
04-06-2007, 06:59 AM
................uh.

....anyways, I loved how his idea of being "cool" was just standing around looking intense. It just goes to show you that sometimes being "cool" is really boring and not worth it. Being a "nerd" is much more fun, even if you have an IF. And being cool doesn't necessarily mean you have friends (except for large boulders) so much as that you have people who admire you from afar.

I totally agree.

One of things that bothered me most about the ending of "Bye Bye Nerdy" was that it failed to properly acknowledge that, shallow playground politics aside, there are far worse things you could be considered in life than a nerd. Poor Mac just seemed to get no kudos whatsoever for having the courage to rebel against Jamez Withazee's vision of coolness. It was all very well for Bloo to give that "always ask youself: how is this going to affect me" psuedo-moral at the end, when, at the end of the day, it was Mac who came off far worse for the ordeal.

Okay, rant over. :P

kageri
04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I totally agree.

One of things that bothered me most about the ending of "Bye Bye Nerdy" was that it failed to properly acknowledge that, shallow playground politics aside, there are far worse things you could be considered in life than a nerd. Poor Mac just seemed to get no kudos whatsoever for having the courage to rebel against Jamez Withazee's vision of coolness. It was all very well for Bloo to give that "always ask youself: how is this going to affect me" psuedo-moral at the end, when, at the end of the day, it was Mac who came off far worse for the ordeal.

Okay, rant over. :P

Yeah, totally -- the moral that should have been there just.... never came to be. It would have been great for all the nerdy kids who watch Foster's to tell them that being nerdy is swell A-okay!

Plus, I thought all of Mac's classmates loved Bloo....

fosters home fan
04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Plus, I thought all of Mac's classmates loved Bloo....

They did. Until jamez withazee came along. jamez withazee pretty much seems like the stereotypical "guy who everyone thinks is cool" type of guy,but in truth ,he isn't. He's not at all one of my favorite characters,but I might as well post my comments about him here anyways. I don't really have much to say about him,but he seems more like a weirdo than anything:P.

Crash-N-Cortex
04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I never really liked Jamez Witazee very much. Though he is cool on the outside, he is a jerk on the inside. When you call someone a 'nerd', you would be a nerd. In other words, you'll soon regret calling someone a nerd.

jekylljuice
04-07-2007, 03:49 AM
I never really liked Jamez Witazee very much. Though he is cool on the outside, he is a jerk on the inside. When you call someone a 'nerd', you would be a nerd. In other words, you'll soon regret calling someone a nerd.

Indeed. Jamez Withazee and his kind will be first up against the wall when the "nerd" revolution comes. :scaryberry:

HappyFoppy
04-09-2007, 12:00 AM
"What exactly do you mean by "fag"?"

I just ment he's annoying and all. If I wouldn't be quoted by 3 people and myself afaik, I'd edit it out. :-X
Sorry if I've been annoying, or offended anyone.

moonpony
04-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Thread revive explosion. People really have to check _when_ the last post is made - moonpony just revived a 5-month-old thread. :P

Ummm... I have to agree with Monty, here. I revived the old thread on purpose so I wouldn't make a redundant post. How are people just joining this group supposed to get in on the fun if we're not "allowed" to reply to older threads? Any suggestions?

montitech
04-11-2007, 07:17 PM
"What exactly do you mean by "fag"?"

I just ment he's annoying and all. If I wouldn't be quoted by 3 people and myself afaik, I'd edit it out. :-X
Sorry if I've been annoying, or offended anyone.

don't worry I think M&M (Spelled wrong and I am not going to look it up) had a simmilar issue over the same symantex. It may be nicer to remember that younger viewers may be browsing the forums (hopefully with parental supervision)

Monty :-/

HappyFoppy
04-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Ummm... I have to agree with Monty, here. I revived the old thread on purpose so I wouldn't make a redundant post. How are people just joining this group supposed to get in on the fun if we're not "allowed" to reply to older threads? Any suggestions?

Gimme a break. This is the second attack I'm getting here, and maybe the last post I'm making in this thread. :|

"Far better to revive old threads than start new ones. Now, back to Jamez..."

Now, back to Jamez, and for me, back to looking up words before using them... 8D

"C" the Dragon
04-12-2007, 09:18 AM
You know, even though this dude is cool, he's also kind of a jerk, the way he treated Mac that way. In my guess and calculations, he'll have a most likely chance of becomming a hobo when he grows up, since he's probably failing all those grades.:P

jekylljuice
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
You know, even though this dude is cool, he's also kind of a jerk, the way he treated Mac that way. In my guess and calculations, he'll have a most likely chance of becomming a homo when he grows up, since he's probably failing all those grades.:P

You meant "hobo", not "homo", right?

Darn, this thread is getting controversial. :P

kageri
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM
If you made a typo there (which I really hope you did), I'd have to agree, since he's probably one of those kids who thinks being smart and getting good grades isn't "cool".

Sparky
04-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Um, that word better have been a typo... :P

Anyways what's up with the complaining about reviving old threads? It's perfectly fine to revive an old discussion thread. It might be pointless to revive an intro or happy birthday or other personal one, because for all you know said person may not even be an active member of the community anymore, but really, bring back all the old Foster's-related thread you want! Go nuts! I don't want to hear any more complaining about this, and if anyone feels "attacked" I need you to PM me or another staffmember with details, I'm not going to take a little griping in the middle of a discussion thread all that seriously. This is SO off-topic, and I need this thread back on topic, okay?

fosters home fan
04-13-2007, 03:31 PM

Yes, and we got enough controversial threads already >:(

Anyways.

I believe jamez withazee (haha typo name :p) is meant to be a "guy who looks cool but in truth he's a dunce" type character. Also, I doubt he's still the "cool guy" in the school. (just my opinion anyways)

OK we're back on topic. yay:P

"C" the Dragon
04-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I got mixed up.:P I'm gonna edit that.

FailedShapeshifter
04-14-2007, 07:01 PM
You guys are all raging on Jamez, (which he really does deserve), but I'd like to say that I was really dissapointed in Mac this episode. While Jamez was a jerk, it's kind of expected, since he portrayed the ultimate cool kid, and he'll ethier grow out of it or end up failing in the real world. But the way that Mac completely denied his friends at Foster's after Jamez deemed it "uncool."

Yes I know Mac is only human (and 8) and this really has nothing to do with the topic *hides under covers* but I just needed to rant about it.

At least Mac came to in the end.....after his best friend was almost adopted, but he still came to!

Bloo2daMacs
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
You guys are all raging on Jamez, (which he really does deserve), but I'd like to say that I was really dissapointed in Mac this episode. While Jamez was a jerk, it's kind of expected, since he portrayed the ultimate cool kid, and he'll ethier grow out of it or end up failing in the real world. But the way that Mac completely denied his friends at Foster's after Jamez deemed it "uncool."

Yes I know Mac is only human (and 8) and this really has nothing to do with the topic *hides under covers* but I just needed to rant about it.

At least Mac came to in the end.....after his best friend was almost adopted, but he still came to!

I agree with every single last word of that post, you are one wise being.

FailedShapeshifter
04-14-2007, 08:20 PM
*blushes* Thank you kindly! To be honest I was afraid everyone would hate me for ranting about Mac. It's good to know I wasn't the only one dissapointed in Mac that episode!

Back on Jamez though, I gotta say he's a jerk through and through, but of course I'm biased since I have forever been a nerd:D

kageri
04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
*blushes* Thank you kindly! To be honest I was afraid everyone would hate me for ranting about Mac. It's good to know I wasn't the only one dissapointed in Mac that episode!

Back on Jamez though, I gotta say he's a jerk through and through, but of course I'm biased since I have forever been a nerd:D

I was kinda surprised he even bought into that whole "being cool" thing. First off, Mac just doesn't seem the type that would care about that; I know peer pressure can do odd things to people, but it doesn't seem like it would get that bad until like, middle school at least. Wasn't that the whole point of him still having an IF? Second, Bloo spends his every waking moment living in the same house as a palm tree with a face and a giant rabbit who calls a website a "spiderweb"; what would he know about being cool (conventionally speaking, anyway)?

Anyways, Mac's "cool" haircut made him look like a dinosaur.

And to make this an on-topic post, I'm not sure I understand how having an imaginary friend is less cool than having a large rock for a friend, but whatever.

jekylljuice
04-15-2007, 01:43 AM
What did strike me as somewhat off about Mac's behaviour in "Bye Bye Nerdie" was his total immunity to the sarcasm of his fellow students. I mean, particularly given that this episode comes only a couple of places before "My So-Called Wife", in which Mac is suddenly a bona fide sarcasm expert and trying to educate Bloo on the matter. Strange.

Sparky
04-15-2007, 02:55 PM

I remember saying this exact same thing over on TV.com once and getting ATTACKED. So uh, I do agree with you, I'm just paranoid now about saying anything negative about Mac anymore. :P

FailedShapeshifter
04-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd be paranoid too! Those guys are brutal on TV.com....I'm always scared to post there. I actually never saw that post, or I probably would have ranted as well ^_^ No one seems to realize that the kids on this show are only human!

Sparky
04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Well I deleted it, like, within the hour! :-X I was scared, lol.

kageri
04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Based on what I've read about TV.com, I think maybe someone should wipe it off the face of the internets and make everyone involved forget it ever existed.

HappyFoppy
04-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Based on what I've read about TV.com, I think maybe someone should wipe it off the face of the internets and make everyone involved forget it ever existed.

Agreed. FailedShapeshifter got a way different reaction on here than Sparky got on TV.com, so TV.com-

Hey! We're back off-topic, oops! 8D
Well, as kageri said before, I also wouldn't think Mac is the kind of kid to care about being 'cool', and especially I'm surprised he dropped Bloo just for acting cool and hanging at The Rock... :-/

jekylljuice
04-16-2007, 09:48 AM

That's the way I feel about IMDb (or at least the forum aspects of it - aka Bad Memory Central). The troll to regular user ratio there must be higher than anywhere else on the net, and even then the majority of regular users aren't particularly friendly. I dread to think what kind of discussions they have on the Foster's board over there - frankly, I'm afraid to go in. :macwor:

I'm old enough to remember the days when TV.com was still TV Tome, run by the tyrannical J Nestor, the anti-fan fic man. :herriman:

As for Mac, I agree that "Bye Bye Nerdie" certainly showed us a moment of weakness on his part, but I also feel that since he did the right thing in the end and came through for Bloo when he was at his lowest ebb, he can be forgiven. Whatever mistakes he may have made in that episode (as FailedShapeshifter says, Mac is only human) really weren't deserving of the consequences he ultimately had to face. :P

Voxxyn
04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I've yet to see this episode(I'm DL'ing it right now), but I need to say something.

While I dislike that Mac temporarily betrayed his friends trying to "fit in", I don't hold it against him. I too greatly admire his wholesome character and "be yourself" image -- but he's still a kid, he's still developing mentally and emotionally, and he'll inevitably slip up and he WILL make mistakes sometimes. It's unfair to expect him to be a perfect angel all the time, especially with Bloo as his best friend. This wasn't any better or worse than when he selfishly tried to kidnap the IFs in "Adoptcalypse Now".

To me, the important thing is that Mac eventually realized his mistake and made things right once again... something that the others failed to do for him when Madame Foster stole the Europe tickets or hoodwinked him into an embarassing birthday party.

FailedShapeshifter
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I understand where your coming from, and I agree that it is good to see the more childish side of Mac every once and awhile. I was just dissapointed that he was so quick to denouce his friends, especially after the speach he gave in Go Goo Go8D I dunno, I ethier expected him to hesitate, or just change the subject.......but like it has been said multiple times, he's only human.

It was just that he denied his friends for someone like Jamze:'(

Oh, and I think that they probably would have apologized later.....especially Wilt, ya know the guy can't go two seconds without apologizing :D If they hadn't, Mac would probably still be a bit sore about it......I know I would be!

Sparky
04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I agree with you too, and I *like* it when Mac does something less-than-perfect. In fact that was the jist of what I said on TV.com, that what Mac did in this ep was fairly selfish, and that therefore Mac isn't perfect. Lol and that's when they pounced. ;) There are some people out there who like to believe that Mac is 100% perfect in every way. How dull.

Ub3rD4n
04-28-2007, 08:24 PM
As a reply to the guy who said that Dwayne Johnson (God, I hope that's the correct spelling) would verbally abuse Jamez for his xenophobia, I agree. I hear that Dwayne Johnson plays D&D.

Rinny562
06-04-2007, 12:50 PM
This has been bugging me. Doesn't Jamez Withazee seem a bit too old to be in elementary school?

Ub3rD4n
06-04-2007, 11:28 PM
It's possible that it's a cross elementary/middle school. Or Jamez is just hyperdeveloped. Or he's been held back a fair few years (which I think someone's suggested earlier on this thread).

Sparky
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
I haven't seen the ep in a while, but is it possible he doesn't even attend that school and only hangs out there because his junior-high peers think he's a dork? 8D

Another Castle
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I have just watched Bye Bye Nerdy, and I thought it was a decent/OK episode, not a classic, but somehow a little lacking. The ending could have been better (and I agree about jekylljuice about Mac). I've noticed it doesn't have it's own thread, so I thought I'd bump this one.

I liked the joke with his name- like it is cooler to replace 's' with 'z', which was his surname! However, I found him a little one dimensional. However, this could be applied to coolness in general. I disagree with Mac's speech, coolness is superficial, and about wearing the right clothes etc,- being yourself is different. It applies to Jamez. The fact he looked older suggests that he doesn't seem to care about anything, and has lead to him being held back at school.

BTW, what was it Mac was in detention for?

Lynnie
12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
BTW, what was it Mac was in detention for?

He was in detention for shooting spit wads. :) For anyone not familiar with that term, since I don't know how popular it is in other countries, a "spit wad" is a little piece of paper (or napkin/paper towl/tissue) that's been chewed on to get it wet and mushy, and then traditionally stuffed into a straw and can be shot across the room when you blow it out of the straw. Although not harmful, they can be outright annoying and unsanitary, not to mention distracting during something like a class.

Another Castle
12-10-2009, 04:09 AM
Oh yes, I remember. I'd do that in Mcdonalds (with a dry bullet tho) when I was his age- Mac is quite grown up and well-behaved for his age, but it is nice to see he sometimes does things like that- it makes him seem more believable as a child and not an angel 100% of the time

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Dude seems like a total jerk.