PDA

View Full Version : Arty!

buyamerican159
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
How cute was this little "Imaginary Friend?" I say REALLY CUTE! We first met him in "I Only Have Surprise for You." "He is only fo' yeas ol'."

Discuss away!

Kzinistzerg
08-27-2006, 08:59 AM
He was pretty well done. I liked the blurb at the end of the ep with Eduardo and Madame Foster.

InsaneFan
08-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I CANNOT TALK TO A FOUR YEAR OLD WITHOUT SAYING THAT. It's impossible.

buyamerican159
08-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I thought he was so cute. I was a litle sad that he wasnt staying around. I liked him.

Kzinistzerg
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I CANNOT TALK TO A FOUR YEAR OLD WITHOUT SAYING THAT. It's impossible.

Hehe... Yeah, if I ever encounter a four-year-old...

Chaos Wielder
08-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I loved Artie! XD He was so adorable with his "I'm fo' yea's o'd." quote. Too bad he ended up really being Madame Foster at the end because I was hoping he'd stick around. It'd be awesome if he were real (maybe they can get Goo to imagine a 'real' Artie! XD)

BlooCheese
08-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Haha. When he said, "I'm fo' yea's ol'," he held up three fingers on one hand and one finger on the other hand. He has four fingers on each hand. Why didn't he just hold up all four fingers on one hand?

Chaos Wielder
08-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Haha. When he said, "I'm fo' yea's ol'," he held up three fingers on one hand and one finger on the other hand. He has four fingers on each hand. Why didn't he just hold up all four fingers on one hand?

8D Yeah, I know, it would've made MUCH more sense to do it that way! But maybe it was supposed to be cute, or something? I don't know...but I thought it was cute, anyway. ;D

One Radical Dude
08-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I liked Artie, but it's a shame that it wasn't a real character. :(

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Ah, well.

I always thought it was Artie... with an "ie"... but that's just me.

My sister's "fo' yea's o'd."

Cassini90125
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I liked Artie, but it's a shame that it wasn't a real character. :(

Perhaps he was, at some time in the past, but was adopted before the show began. He could well have made a big impression on Madam Foster, making it easy for her to pretend to be him. :)

Hoshikaji
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM

^______^ People who study how children learn have found out some pretty awesome things. When children are learning to count, and they realize that they can use other abstract objects as counters, they start learning how to "chunk" numbers (for example, we "chunk" five on our hands because we know we have 5 fingers). Artie might be exemplifying that stage, or he might not have the motor skills to do it properly (so he holds up a 3 and a 1).

What I find most fascinating and amazing is that the writers and storyboarders of Fosters take such things into consideration. It's such a small detail, but it's so true to real life! They really pay attention to children for what they are, and bring them to life that way. It makes the show all the more endearing for me. :D

Kzinistzerg
08-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, but... Bloo is five years old, and he has plenty of motor skills...

BlooCheese
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
^______^ People who study how children learn have found out some pretty awesome things. When children are learning to count, and they realize that they can use other abstract objects as counters, they start learning how to "chunk" numbers (for example, we "chunk" five on our hands because we know we have 5 fingers). Artie might be exemplifying that stage, or he might not have the motor skills to do it properly (so he holds up a 3 and a 1).

What I find most fascinating and amazing is that the writers and storyboarders of Fosters take such things into consideration. It's such a small detail, but it's so true to real life! They really pay attention to children for what they are, and bring them to life that way. It makes the show all the more endearing for me. :D

That could be true, but personally, I think it's because holding up four fingers on one hand that only has four fingers would look kind of wierd. The viewers (human beings, I hope) are used to seeing five fingers, so if Arty held up four fingers on his four fingered hand, the viewers might think he held up five fingers, especially if they weren't paying attention, because they hold up all the fingers on their hand to show the number five, not four. That's just what I think. You could still be right. I hope I explained that well enough.

Kippixel
08-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Who the jigglewad is Arty? I can't remember...

BlooCheese
08-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Um...he's the green IF from I Only Have Surprise for You--the one who said, "I'm fo' yea's ol'."

Sims Katie
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Arty raised a few questions that have been bugging me for a while. I know he wasn't real, but it made me wonder - if they're having a "birthday party" for him, does that mean IFs age? I know in "Big Picture" the friends in the photo look exactly the same over a 20-year time span, but at the same time in "Mac Daddy" wasn't there a scene where Bloo and Mac were pictured as elderly?

Kzinistzerg
08-29-2006, 07:44 PM
And yet somehow mac still had brown hair.

No that was just Bloo's mind going all wonko. From what i've seen the ydon't age physically (how else do you get a big baby?) but would somewhat mentally as well as just numerically.

Hoshikaji
08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, but... Bloo is five years old, and he has plenty of motor skills...

::grins:: But Bloo doesn't have fingers. That's such an interesting point though, that Bloo is only five years old. I have a feeling that the "age" of an IF doesn't matter as much as what kind of mental capacity its creator had in mind. Mac probably made sure (at the tender age of 3, such a precocious child) that Bloo would have mental capability beyond his "age." And while I think that the IFs mature over the years, I don't think they're necessarily "mature." Young Man River's IF is a brat just like him!

Arty's "age" is rather moot anyway, seeing as he's not a real IF, but I'm still impressed at how the animators captured an aspect of human behavior. So cute!

Kzinistzerg
08-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, he seems to be able to grow fingers whenever he wants to. He has them at one point in Hiccyburp to make " signs.

But yeah, I see what you mean, Eduardo, or cheese, for instance.

BlooCheese
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, he seems to be able to grow fingers whenever he wants to. He has them at one point in Hiccyburp to make " signs.

And I think in the Big Picture when he was practicing his bunny ears prank.

Kzinistzerg
08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah. He seems to be able to produce them at will, just like with his arms.

Sims Katie
08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
So fingers aside, Arty will always be fo' years ol' ? That means the baby friends would be babies forever too! They'll never get out of diapers and night-time feedings.... Wow, I'd certainly give them up too 8D

heartless95
11-12-2006, 01:17 PM
He was adorable.Why`d they have to go and have him not be real?!He was just the cutest little thing ever!!

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 10:01 PM
This topic shouldn't exist because it's not even a friend.:wiltshock:

Cassini90125
12-03-2016, 12:11 AM
If it was not a legitimate topic, one of the staff would have closed this thread. ::)

KazooBloo
12-03-2016, 10:19 PM
You don't have to be sassy. My post is valid. "Arty" is not an actual character. ::)

Cassini90125
12-04-2016, 01:22 AM
The issue is whether or not it's a legitimate topic, which it is.

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 03:24 AM
Subjective, but I won't argue.

Sparky
12-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Its been a looong time...isn't this Arty?

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0075.jpg

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Its been a looong time...isn't this Arty?

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0075.jpg

Yeah, that's Madame Foster in a mask, alright.