PDA

View Full Version : 2 Stupid Dogs

Sparky
05-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Man, if anyone knows of this show ever coming to DVD, let me know.

I used to watch this show religiously in college, and I even wrote a script for it (http://www.theneitherworld.com/ff/eltortil.htm) for my Animation Writing class - which I "pitched". OMG. Little Dog's voice destroyed my vocal chords. ;) The class liked it though.

I actually only found out recently that Craig was involved with this show. He may have been there at HB when my class visited, but I had never heard of him then. :P I do remember that we met someone who must have been Pat Ventura because he was introduced as the creator of Yuckie Duck (lol not the forum member). Yuckie Duck was the star of a short that was airing on What a Cartoon at the time, and to be blunt my friends and I hated it. When I told my friends afterwords that I had met the creator of Yuckie Duck, my friend Eddie's response was "Did you kill them??" Lol that was the most memorable part of my trip to Hanna Barbera. But Yuckie Duck is off-topic, sorry.

Did anyone else here like 2 Stupid Dogs?

WiltFan
05-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I LOVE 2 Stupid Dogs! That show was hilarious! :DI loved the little dog the most. x3 I really wish that Cartoon Network would still show it though, I miss it.:'(

AerostarMonk
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Frequently thought to be a quick cash-in on Ren and Stimpy, I think that this show is actually quite a bit more than that. And unlike Ren and Stimpy it didn't overstay its welcome, and its creator didn't think they were God's gift to animation.

It had great vocals, hilarious jokes, and a simple yet involving animation style. It was a fine show in my opinion. I'm so glad it's now coming to DVD, seeing as I no longer get Boomerang.

Sparky
05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm so glad it's now coming to DVD

So, it is? Do you know when?

Ccook50
05-25-2007, 03:03 PM
No word on 2 Stupid Dogs coming to DVD. And yes, Craig was an art director for the show.

I especially liked the middle feature, Super Secret Secret Squirrel. And in case you didn't see it in the credits, John Kricfalusi (Ren & Stimpy) contributed to the three cartoons of the two dogs' encounter with the Red Riding Hood with Tourette Syndrome as "tidbits of bad taste."

taranchula
05-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh man, I remember catching a few episodes of this on TBS in between Braves games and endless reruns of The Andy Griffith Show and The Beverly Hillbillies. I recall thinking it was okay, but nothing I would have gone out of my way to watch all the time.

I especially liked the middle feature, [i]Super Secret Secret Squirrel.

Yeah I remember that too, though to me it always came across as a Danger Mouse knock off so I didn't really gave it as much as a chance as I should have. (DM, now there was a cartoon. :D )

emperor26
05-25-2007, 04:17 PM
One of the few good cartoons from the 90s, and the funniest as well.

some guy you dont know
05-25-2007, 05:44 PM
i love this show! i watch it on boomerang when its on, and its always funny. never a dissapointment. i espically like that one guy (i think his names hollywood) with the best quote ever.

"Ain't that cute? BUT IT'S WRONG!"

scary_dream
05-25-2007, 09:19 PM
"Ain't that cute? BUT IT'S WRONG!"

8D Awesome, you stole the quote right away from me!!! I STILL say that when the situation calls for it and only my boyfriend knows what the heck I'm talking about!

I liked big dog the best because he was so laid back and you rarely ever saw his eyes. Plus, he had the coolest voice that was really fitting to his character!

GrimTheLost
05-25-2007, 10:04 PM
I love morrocco from Secret Squirrel. Good stuff.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
05-26-2007, 12:23 AM
As has already been said, Craig did indeed work on the show in his pre-Powerpuff days, but he apparently wasn't really that happy with how it turned out, something which he mentioned in this old interview (http://movies.ign.com/articles/363/363366p1.html) he had with IGN back in 2002:

Which project do you feel didn?t live up to what you envisioned?

Probably the show I worked on called 2 Stupid Dogs. I was never really happy with how that worked.

I can't comment on it much myself, because my memories of the show are a little hazy; I remember finding somewhat amusing, though unspectacular. Still, if nothing else, it was obviously a vital stepping stone in Craig's career, so I can hardly begrudge it.

Ccook50
05-26-2007, 09:20 AM
If there was anything Craig worked on that could be deemed forgettable, it was the Dumb & Dumber cartoon (ABC, 1996). He was a character designer for that show.

Imaginary Light
05-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I used to love this show! I was only a wee little kid when I watched it though, and my parents didn't really approve. But whatever. I always liked the little dog and my sister always liked the big dog. Then we'd play "2 stupid dogs" and make our own episodes:P

One Radical Dude
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I kinda enjoyed 2 Stupid Dogs, I'll admit. I really haven't watched it for quite some time. The Super-Secret Secret Squirrel; that one I liked way better than the original Secret Squirrel toon. Morocco Mole was awesome, as well. :D

Carlaz
05-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Hadn't thought about 2 stupid dogs show for a while. I used to enjoy it. :)

Check out all the YouTube clips of the show!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=related&search_query=Two%20Stupid%20Dogs%20Cartoon%20Netwo rk%20Stunt&v=-07XM1pb6cU

Nyo
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I loved them when I was a little kid. Still do. :)

Chaos Wielder
05-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh man, I remember this show! I used to watch it all the time when I was little! You know, I could never really pick which dog I liked better-I like both the big dog and little dog a lot, but if I had to pick I probably liked the little dog just a TEENY bit more. I miss the show so much-I haven't even seen it in years.

Medikor
05-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I loved this show as a kid. I still quote it to this day. ("Well ain't that cute. BUT IT'S WRONG!") And I went nuts when I realised that Brad Garret did the voice of the big dog.:D

Partymember
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Secret Squirrel was the stuff!

x_dummkoff_x
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I remember I started watchin' it again in my freshman year just to see secret squirrel!
then me and my friend would mess around like we were them.
she was morocco and I was secret!
[hey, I love squirrels, man]
we made a story with them.
-le sigh-

Mac-a-lacka
11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Me and my dad loved this show. (When it was ever on. :P)

I favor the big dog, who could do a simple "woof!" to a cat and it would do a high-pitched scream and faint. 8D

The little dog is funny too, though he's the one who's afraid of cats.