PDA

View Full Version : please help - What's

MorganRose
05-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry to be a bother. I tried using the search feature here & checked Sparky's (?) page but neither helped very much.

Does anyone have any tips for playing this game? I can't even make it to the score needed for the first bonus prize. *SIGH*

I really love this forum it has been so very helpful. Especially concerning some of the more annoying mini-games.

Morgan

Divelucaya
05-25-2007, 06:24 AM
I assume from your thread title you are writing about "What's Cooking" since you do not mention the name of the game you are having trouble with. I have played this game several times and I hate it; but I have made a high enough score to get all my gifts.

The way I eventually got higher scores was to do several little things to save time. First, keep in mind the shortest distance between points is a straight line. If you press the up and right keys simultaneously you run in a diagonal. Second, keep moving. I would serve the water or meat as quickly as I could and run back to the grill or cooler. You can also serve the dishes if you are behind the recipient, you do not need to be in front of them. If a bonus item appears but it is no where near your serving path, don't waste time going out of your way to get it (unless it is an extra life and you are on your last life). As more and more IF's showed up, I began concentrating on serving only those nearby. If you try to constantly run all the way across the yard to serve those ringing their bell, you are going to waste time.

Keep playing, playing, playing. I have noticed that in all games, the frequency of bonuses differs. One time I play a game the extra life may show up more times than any other bonuses and the next time there may be more extra points bonuses. So eventually you will hit a game where the most beneficial bonus to you will pop up the most. The same is true for placement of diners and what they want. Eventually you may play and get more people next to the cooler wanting water (or more people nearer the grill wanting steak) and will have no problem beating the top score.

Don't despair. I thought I would never get the top gift in Glider Rider even after playing the game at least 20 times. But after awhile I knew my strategy was wrong and tried playing a different way and easily beat the high score.