PDA

View Full Version : New Update May 07

montitech
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
It looks like there is a new update to BFAHP,
the banner adds on CN main site say you can take the bus to new places, however I am curently unable to get to the BFAHP home page as others have also stated in a second thread.

I hope to get in soon.

Monty :-/

Eduardos_Mamacita
05-21-2007, 05:40 PM
That's so exciting! I hope the game starts working again!

Quiz112
05-21-2007, 07:25 PM
If you go to games at the cartoon network site you see something about the update. It says that we can exchange friend codes. I don't know what that would be useful for (maybe that traveling with the bus thing to see each other's room or something maybe?). I can't wait till its up and running again!

Divelucaya
05-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Having new locations in the latest update is kinda nice; new scenery and getting to ride the bus. 8D But it will make the adventures a pain. All my chores today were at Mac's apartment, so while I was there I opted to do a favor for Mac, who was in his bedroom. I had to go back to the house and get Frankie's headphones (who had moved so I searched 4 floors before I found her in the cafeteria) and return to Mac. I got a new adventure with Bloo today and the first thing I had to do was go back to Mac. I went straight to his bedroom but he was not there, I checked all the other rooms before I found him in the corner of the living room. It took me almost a half hour to complete the favor and adventure with Bloo. Boy, I'm pooped. :herrsleep:

montitech
05-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Some of the details of the new update:

Each new minigame will give you a photo for your Best Friend Album,
Terrence the Terrible gave me France but I could not see it when I connected via Best Friend from another account. This is proboly due to needing to wait for the game servers to syncronize with the best friend servers.

as already stated on other threads all the friends except for Mac and terence are in the same location as most of this years updates. Mac and Terence are both in their appartment.

In Mac's room there is a Toy CHest. Instead of unlocking new mini-games levels you can use your popularity to unlock toys in this chest. So far there are three toys that can be unlocked: Dancing Wilt, Dancing Cheese, Dancing Ed. I have a screenshot of the wilt toy and I should be able to get the others but I have not had time yet to finish playing or to upload photos.

Toy Chest
Dancing Wilt
Dancing Cheese
Dancing Ed

AS for the new minigame. it is
Terence The Terrible.
This was for all you nintendo fans. Just like Donkey Kong.
so far I have no hints, since it is very strait foward. lookup donkey Kong for help. (I need to play a few more times to get all the prizes since the score moves a bit slow)

Game 1: Higher Ground 1250
Snake Lamp: It's Simply Charming!
France (Photo)
alienblop: Out of this world(Buddie)
Arabian Window: With a view to the Arabian nights
Lights, Camera, Action! Hat. (Hat)
Aladdin Lamp: It lights up the room like magic!

Game 2: Hit the roof 1300
Barrels of jewels: Beware of the Forty Thieves!
Nepal (Photo)
Sword Poster: Beware of paper cuts.
Dilly: Little armored buddyie.(Buddie)
Magic Lamp Bed: You can be a genie, too!
Vacation Vibe (Music)

Game 3: Terrence Terrace 1100/1200
Treasure Trove: Recommendedby Ali Baba.
Magic Carpet: It may fly away.
England(Photo)
Cushy Cushions: Rest like a Sultan.
Palace Wall: It's great to be the King!
Coin Floor: Worth its weight in gold

oh,, by the way, The photo from the first Bloo adventure is great. I love bloos expression in it.

MOnty :-/

will_bloom
05-22-2007, 10:46 AM
OMG that tottaly was lord the waiting

Stjimmy666
05-22-2007, 02:07 PM
here is a pic of the dancing chese doll

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w136/rage0love/untitled.jpg

montitech
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
here is a pic of the dancing chese doll

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w136/rage0love/untitled.jpg

Thanks I was just going to unlock him after I log to my last account.
I cannot believe the download time of the doll considering they are not that fantastic or complex when they start.

Stjimmy666
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I wasn't to thrilled about the dolls, not really worth a whole popularity bar. Maybe half but not whole

Vicks
05-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I totally agree! I was pretty disappointed at what it was. I wasn't sure what to expect when it said Dancing ______ and that you could play with it. I guess this is what I would have thought though. Still, definitely NOT worth a whole popularity bar. Maybe when I've finished the game and have time to kill because I don't have any past adventures to do, I'll get them. But I definitely won't if there is other things to unlock and earn.
~Vicks

jesssiee
05-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I've been playing Frozen Frenzy and got a score over 2000 but it won't let me open Game 2. Why's that?

Stjimmy666
05-23-2007, 06:22 PM
You have to get a full popularity bar by doing favors and adventures and once it is full you my unlock the second game

montitech
05-23-2007, 07:48 PM
do not forget to mention that Frozen Frenzy has nothing to do with this thread title.

montitech
05-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Basic tips for Terrance the Terrible.

THe first game is like Donky Kong,
THe second is more like Crazy KOng (DK clone with a twist)

THe basics are jump when you need to, if you jump two things at once you get an extra bonus but it not worth the time.
as you get to higher levels you get more time, and more points from the leftover time.
Just focus on getting to Mac in the cage, climb the full ladders, the broken ladders do not help.

DO NOT touch terrance.
If you need to get close to terrance, then wait till right after he throws something, then move fast.
When moving on convayors jump to move faster.
when the football is thrown to you, dodge under it as it reaches its apex. eventually the timer will start at around 3 min. this is where you will earn the big points. so just complete each board quickly and you will get better at it, and eventually reach your target score.

The bloo
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
This rocks that they expanded it to November i hope they expand it even more.

montitech
05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
This rocks that they expanded it to November i hope they expand it even more.
According to the logon screen the last update is schedualed for Oct 15th, However you never know what they will do.

CN is very good at just dropping something if it gets to flawed.(and they do not want to fix it) like what happened with Orbit.

But on the bright side, as the comersial says "It is not too late"

MOnty :-/

Divelucaya
05-25-2007, 07:05 AM
I actually hope they don't update the game in November, but will leave it up for people to continue playing. For those of us who got a late start playing the game, new updates just make it more difficult completing picture books and getting all the furniture for all the different themes. I still have 4 or 5 games that I have not yet played and am not even close to filling any of the friends picture books (the closest is 14 pictures left in Eduardo's book). If they decide not to do any more updates in November, it would be a shame to just eliminate the game when there may be so many people still trying to complete all the picture books and games.

Carlaz
05-25-2007, 08:05 AM
I wasn't to thrilled about the dolls, not really worth a whole popularity bar. Maybe half but not whole

I'm in agreement! Not worth 'wasting' your popularity bar to unlock.

montitech
05-27-2007, 05:59 AM
For game three of terrence the terrible,

walk over the nuts to unscrew them.
(like the last level of Donky Kong)

the goal here is get to the top,
and then fall down through the hole you create.
this saves time, and since you get the best point total from the timmer that is the goal.

If you have the Shield you can walk through terrence.
The spring takes a second to start working but then it only lasts about 2 seconds.