PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 DVD Release!

Starsky
05-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Here (http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7348)'s the scoop!

I hope it also includes an audio commentary, I loved the first one.

antgirl1
05-19-2007, 08:47 AM
NO WAI!!!! :D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!

Bloo2daMacs
05-19-2007, 08:53 AM
No kidding?!

My goodness! This must mean AWESOMENESS!!

Carlaz
05-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Excellent news! Thanks for posting the link Starsky! :D

pitbulllady
05-19-2007, 11:09 AM
YES! I guess this means that the first DVD has performed up to expectations, money-wise. This is great news!

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude
05-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Great news! :D I figured we'd be getting another DVD release this year. I cannot wait to pick this one up.

Bloo2daMacs
05-19-2007, 12:49 PM
It's dissapointing that I don't even have the season one DVD yet. :(

taranchula
05-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Sweetness, this news is the second best thing I saw all day*.

(* The best thing I saw all day, was watching the Ottawa Senators advance to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in modern franchise History.)

Invader Bloo
05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Since the Season 1 DVD had a 'Store Wars' theme, no doubt that the season 2 DVD will have a 'Mac Daddy' theme.::) :cheesegrin:

bloonuggets
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
"Since the Season 1 DVD had a 'Store Wars' theme, no doubt that the season 2 DVD will have a 'Mac Daddy' theme."::) :cheesegrin:

Close. It will have a "Cheesequest" theme.

k0ugs
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Sadly it isnt available to que up on Blockbuster.com:'(

frankie_fan
05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the news.

I guess it had to have the Cheese theme on there. I was kinda hoping for the 'Frankie My Dear' theme, but that's just me! :frankiesmile:

Invader Bloo
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Me too. But you know Cheese brings in the monies to CN.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
05-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Wow...it seemed like we waited ages for the first release, so to get Season Two just six months later is a welcome surprise! Course, I still haven't got Season One yet (because it never came out in the UK, and the import company I tried to order it from decided to send me a copy of the movie "Cheyenne Autumn" instead...:frankiemad:), but there's no way fate is going to stop me from getting my hands on these eventually. ;D

Also, that boxart doesn't look that exciting, but it's probably subject to change...I expect it'll at least jazz things up with a fancy slip case like last time. The Cheese theme too is predictable, but let's face it, it's his debut season, so it was unlikely to be anyone else...:cheesegrin: I'm just hoping for at least one more commentary, the last one sounded great...

Foster's Geek 287
05-20-2007, 04:56 AM
"Cheesequest" is not an episode. It's a music video that will be featured on the DVD. 8D

But I'm all for everything about the DVD...
They are releasing 2-a-year by the looks of it.
They are making two SpongeBob SquarePants and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends season DVD releases a year now, which is good. But SpongeBob is divided into volumes, so I hope Foster's never does that. They make new episodes so fast, there's no need to. So I'm just guessing for 2008, season 3 will be released in March, and 4 in September.

Anyways, I'm totally picking this up along with "SpongeBob SquarePants Season 5, Volume 1" on the release date.
(I know. I'm a SpongeBob fanatic, too. :bloogrin: )

Also, there's no doubt that that cover art is a slip-case like on the season 1 DVD, which, upon removal reveals Cheese, Mac & Bloo in the race car on the hill.

Cassini90125
05-20-2007, 05:58 AM
I was kinda hoping for the 'Frankie My Dear' theme, but that's just me! :frankiesmile:

Me too.

Make it three. Maybe the Season Three disk? :frankiesmile:

Starsky
05-20-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm guessing that'll be Goo-themed.

Cassini90125
05-20-2007, 06:19 AM
I'd rather have Cheese. :P Regardless, I'm just happy that the DVD's are finally coming out.

Imaginary Light
05-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Wow, that was quick:bloogrin:

Pawbah
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Woohoo, my day has gotten better. I am very curious about this music video. I can't wait to have the DVD!

Invader Bloo
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM

Then it's be 'Setting A President' or *GULP*...you know.:wiltshock:

bloonuggets
05-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm wagering onn a Goo-themed Season Three. :goo:

xxxClaire
05-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Yay!!! That was fast! I'm so excited! :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Then it's be 'Setting A President' or *GULP*...you know.:wiltshock:

They wouldn't dare... :frankiemad:

Got to admit that I'm curious about the video.

CG
05-20-2007, 06:52 PM
C'mon guys, they're not out to get you with that episode. From my guess, it'll be Cheese orientated for sure.

jekylljuice
05-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow...it seemed like we waited ages for the first release, so to get Season Two just six months later is a welcome surprise! Course, I still haven't got Season One yet (because it never came out in the UK, and the import company I tried to order it from decided to send me a copy of the movie "Cheyenne Autumn" instead...:frankiemad:), but there's no way fate is going to stop me from getting my hands on these eventually. ;D

I can only imagine how annoying that must have been. >:(

I've just completed all my essay work for the term (all jumping for joy, however, will have to wait for several hours - right now I'm much too physically, mentally and emotionally fatigued to even sit up right :herrsleep: ), and I had promised myself that once I'd done so I would reward myself by ordering in the Foster's DVD. As you say, there's still no sign of any R2 releases on the horizon, so I guess it's time to pull up my sleeves and embrace the ways of the R1. I only hope I have a bit more luck with the importing process. Cheyenne Autumn? Eh, I think I'll pass for now. :P

I am, of course, delighted to hear that Season Two is now all set to go. As eager as I am to get my greasy paws on Season One, Two is the release I'm REALLY looking forward to, since it contains so many of my favourites - Partying is Such a Sweet Soiree, the Big LaBlooski, the Sweet Stench of Success, Cookie Dough - jj loves you all! :bloogrin: I could have predicted that Mac Daddy would be cover art theme for this season, considering Cheese's reported selling power, though I personally would have favoured a Partying is Such a Sweet Soiree theme, given the aesthetic potential of all those beautiful neon-lit, disco-coloured IFs.

Ah well, if they manage to stick darling little Crackers somewhere in the mix (he is part of the Mac Daddy package after all), I know it would make myself and koosie very happy. :bloogrin:

(Oh yeah, and my money's currently on a "Go, Goo, Go" design for Season Three)

antgirl1
05-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I'll say. Goo's more popular than....you-know-who. :D

k0ugs
05-21-2007, 01:30 PM

Cheese is popular in WI :cheesegrin:

montitech
05-21-2007, 05:14 PM
]
WHo ?Wilt? Cheese? Ed? Mac??? who who who???

Monty :-/

Bloo2daMacs
05-21-2007, 06:56 PM
I think she's talking about....

*COUGH*GOOFBALL*COUGH*

Yes, I really hope the the season three DVD is NOT centered around......goofball.... Although, I'm almost sure it won't.

Expect Goo to be the theme for season Three, the episode WAS nominated for an Emmy. (Which I'm betting they'll manage to rub in every one's noses! :bloocross:)

AprilDawn
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Considering the actual release of the FIRST dvd, Im expecting this one to be released more like around November... :/

Ditchy McAbandonpants
05-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I can only imagine how annoying that must have been. >:(

I've just completed all my essay work for the term (all jumping for joy, however, will have to wait for several hours - right now I'm much too physically, mentally and emotionally fatigued to even sit up right :herrsleep: ), and I had promised myself that once I'd done so I would reward myself by ordering in the Foster's DVD. As you say, there's still no sign of any R2 releases on the horizon, so I guess it's time to pull up my sleeves and embrace the ways of the R1. I only hope I have a bit more luck with the importing process. Cheyenne Autumn? Eh, I think I'll pass for now. :P

All told, it was a tad vexatious, yes. :frankiemad: What irritates me most is that it was clearly just a clumsy mistake on their part rather than any kind of misunderstanding; all of the documentation and correspondence from them had the correct DVD title on it, so it's obvious that the mix-up was simply due to some underpaid packaging monkey sticking the wrong bloody disc in the box. The inconvenience of it all was increased by the fact I'm in China, too, because I told my family to send the DVD on to me as soon as it arrived, which they did; it was only when they spoke to me a day later and asked why I had ordered a copy of "some western" that I realised that I would be waiting for two weeks to collect a package containing a DVD that I didn't actually want. The real killer here is that I now can't even get the damn thing refunded or exchanged, because I'd have to send back this DVD first, which I can't, because a) the order documentation that I'm supposed to include is back in the UK, most likely in the rubbish by now, b) after the time it took for the DVD to get from the US to the UK, and then from the UK to China, to send it all the way back to the US again would put me well outside the 30 day returns period the company offers, and c) the postage costs of mailing said DVD back to the US would probably come to more than I paid for the original DVD in the first place. So I'm stuck here with Cheyenne bloody Autumn. :frankiemad:

*deep breath*

Uh, but don't let that put you off the whole importing thing! :P Seriously though, it does look like the only feasible way of getting hold of a lot of these types of shows; most of the shows I've been watching this year (Foster's, Powerpuff, The Batman, Teen Titans) are R1 only, so I'm planning some large-scale importing when I get back home. Just don't shop with "DVD Legacy UK"...especially if you're in China. :)

PS - Oh, and I would say Goo's a lock for the Season Three cover, especially given the awards recognition the episode got, as B2dM rightly points out. Though I must confess - I would actually find it kind of funny, in a very perverse, misanthropic, self-hating way, if Goofball got put on the cover of the DVD. I mean, it's well known that everybody loathes the guy; putting him on the cover would be intentionally doing the one thing that they know would irritate the fanbase the most, kind of the polar opposite of fanservice, and I find that to be conceptually quite intriguing...:bendy:

PPS - I'm only kidding. :bloocross:

Medikor
05-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Alright! I've been waiting for news about the season 2 dvd. Summer is going be be a looooong time to wait through.

Sparky
05-25-2007, 09:39 PM
According to Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Fosters-Home-Imaginary-Friends-Comp/dp/B000R1A0HK/ref=sr_1_13/103-2735834-4465458?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1180157605&sr=8-13) there will also be a set consisting of both Seasons one and two in September. Just noticed that. :terrsmile: (Here is the link (http://www.amazon.com/Fosters-Home-Imaginary-Friends-Season/dp/B000R17RTY/ref=sr_1_16/103-2735834-4465458?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1180157605&sr=8-16) to the plain Season two set.) I'm so sorry if this has already been mentioned, if so I forgot.

One Radical Dude
05-25-2007, 10:12 PM
An item with both seasons? Interesting. I'll definitely be pre-ordering the second season soon. Thanks for the links. :D

bloonuggets
05-26-2007, 03:55 PM
And if I put my money where my mouth is, that commentary will be for "Mac Daddy" with Mac, Bloo and Cheese!

In case you didn't see it, here's the cover art, subject to change.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/NozeNuggets/FostersHome_S2.jpg

Medikor
05-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I hope "Mac Daddy" get the character commentary too. But I'm not sure if Mac, Bloo and Cheese would be a solid trio for it. I could see Franky passably taking part because she had a strong presence in two of the four cheese episodes. And I think Frankie helps give a sense of stability.
I wouldn't mind Mr.Hariman being a part of it since he's been rather absent in the later episodes. But Mac, Bloo and Cheese are definitely the most logical three to be in the commentary. Maybe Louise will be in it too. Maybe it could be Mac trying to show her how much trouble Cheese gets into when he gets loose and she should keep a better eye on him. 8D Either way, I think you're putting your money on the right hoarse, Bloonuggets.;)

bloonuggets
05-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I'd love to see what Keith, Sean and Candi do with this one.

UPDATE: I e-mailed Candi on that, and asked they were locked away to do the commentary. Answer soon...I hope!

Medikor
05-28-2007, 10:36 AM
That's cool. I hope you get a reply from her. I'm probably going to pre-order this one this time so I don't have to wait for Amazon to restock like they did with season one.

Starsky
06-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Final cover:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Foster'sHome_S2_Final.jpg

Guess it's either the inside of the DVD without the cardboard sleeve, or the whole concept has been dropped. Here's hoping it's the former.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Hmmm...to be honest, I really don't know what to make of these mock-ups. I mean, the preview/sample pictures of the Season One DVD (like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000KJU16Y/sr=8-1/qid=1176268941/ref=dp_image_0/202-8422992-2366255?ie=UTF8&n=283926&s=dvd&qid=1176268941&sr=8-1)) depicted the sleeve artwork as if it were a basic flat image printed on the keep case insert, so that might be the case again here, but then there's the fact that this new artwork, unlike any of the previous ones, doesn't seem to have a portrait hole or anything else that could be used as a cut-out. Another alternative would be that this is the inner artwork, like Starsky said, but then it would seem weird that they wouldn't show the outer artwork, given that that's the one people will actually see when it's there on the shop shelves...to be honest, the most likely explanation would be that they have indeed scrapped the sleeve concept, which would suck a bit, so I hope I'm wrong.

One Radical Dude
06-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Hmmm...to be honest, I really don't know what to make of these mock-ups. I mean, the preview/sample pictures of the Season One DVD (like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000KJU16Y/sr=8-1/qid=1176268941/ref=dp_image_0/202-8422992-2366255?ie=UTF8&n=283926&s=dvd&qid=1176268941&sr=8-1)) depicted the sleeve artwork as if it were a basic flat image printed on the keep case insert, so that might be the case again here, but then there's the fact that this new artwork, unlike any of the previous ones, doesn't seem to have a portrait hole or anything else that could be used as a cut-out. Another alternative would be that this is the inner artwork, like Starsky said, but then it would seem weird that they wouldn't show the outer artwork, given that that's the one people will actually see when it's there on the shop shelves...to be honest, the most likely explanation would be that they have indeed scrapped the sleeve concept, which would suck a bit, so I hope I'm wrong.

I'm certain that the sleeve concept has not been discontinued. We'll soon find out. :)

Medikor
06-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I like the sleeve gimmick, myself. I'd say that's the layer under the sleeve. Or maybe it's a variant for that "two-pack" I heard Amazon has/will have.?

Sparky
06-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Out of curiosity, and I'm sorry if this is a tad off-topic, but has anyone heard anything about the Season 3 DVD yet? Anything at all? I know it's not on Amazon.com yet, but I've received inquiries from fans and I don't know what to tell them. :terrsmile: Thanks.

One Radical Dude
06-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Out of curiosity, and I'm sorry if this is a tad off-topic, but has anyone heard anything about the Season 3 DVD yet? Anything at all? I know it's not on Amazon.com yet, but I've received inquiries from fans and I don't know what to tell them. :terrsmile: Thanks.

People are already asking about Season 3 DVD? :wiltshock: Let's get 2 over with, first. 8D I don't know anything about a Season 3 release, but I'd guess that it would come out in early 2008 at the earliest. Just a guess, folks. Don't take it seriously. ;)

Medikor
06-04-2007, 08:21 AM

Hmmm... I wouldn't expect any word on season 3 until after season two hits home. Who knows: there could be a season 3 sneak peek in the season two set. I'm sorry that I can't help you any more than that, Sparky.:(

CG
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd say season 3 would be coming out either really late this year, or early/mid next year. I mean cripes, season 2 isn't even out yet. Impatient fans.

bloonuggets
06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Uh, Sparky. Season Three will likely be out next spring.

One Radical Dude
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry, nuggets, but it looks the same as the one Starsky posted. :P As far as I'm concerned, I think we need to worry about Season 2 first.

Sparky
06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Guys, I'm really sorry I brought up season 3. I was only forwarding a question asked me of a few fans.

Foster's Geek 287
06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Well... There might be a change in cover art... It will for sure be like Season 1, but the season 2 picture you saw before is the cardboard slip-on for season 2, like the one on season 2. Here is a picture of season 2 without the slip-on:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cb2gJQYRL._SS500_.jpg
I'm not sure if there's been a change in the slip-on case art, though, because it may either have a hole in it like season 1, so Cheese peers out like Blooregard did, or maybe it doesn't have a hole at all.

bloonuggets
06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Say, isn't that the version that I posted before I was told someone else had done posted that same cover?

Cassini90125
06-11-2007, 03:27 PM
They're shot at different angles but yes, it's the same case.

Foster's Geek 287
06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Sorry. Hadn't seen that. :bloogrin:
I'll shoot myself if that doesn't have a cardboard slip-over.

Medikor
06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Guys, I'm really sorry I brought up season 3. I was only forwarding a question asked me of a few fans.

Don't be, Sparky. You were merely asking a valid question. Heck, it was gonna happen at some point since season 3 is inevitable right?;) Sorry if you felt like you stepped out of line or something.

One Radical Dude
06-11-2007, 06:42 PM
They're shot at different angles but yes, it's the same case.

What's next; a view of what the inside of the case looks like? 8D:bloocross:

Anyhoo, I'm still going to say early next year for Season 3. In the meantime, let's look forward to the second season release. 8-)

Cassini90125
06-11-2007, 08:46 PM
What's next; a view of what the inside of the case looks like? 8D:bloocross:

It's black. :cheesegrin:

Sorry, had to say that. 8D

bloonuggets
06-12-2007, 09:55 PM
*that was a stretch rimshot!*

Had to do that!

One Radical Dude
06-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Now, we have the rear side of the DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/FostersHome_S2_rear.jpg

xxxClaire
06-24-2007, 01:33 PM
^^ That's pretty cool! :) I like it!

pitbulllady
06-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I can't wait to see that music video! I hope that they have more interviews/commentaries by the other main cast members, though.

It's probably just me, but that still pic of Wilt reminds me of every photograph of Earl Hickey in "My Name Is Earl", since he ALWAYS has his eyes shut in every photo he appears in; that's a running gag on that show! Oh, well, at least Wilt didn't get the "Mike Wazowski treatment" THIS time!

pitbulllady

Partymember
06-24-2007, 03:09 PM
It's black. :cheesegrin:

Sorry, had to say that. 8D

how much blacker could this case be?

the answer is...none

Foster's Geek 287
06-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Now, we have the rear side of the DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/FostersHome_S2_rear.jpg

I am hoping so much that that's under a carboard slip-over. Why can't it match the first one!?! :wiltshock:

I can't wait to see that music video! I hope that they have more interviews/commentaries by the other main cast members, though.

It's probably just me, but that still pic of Wilt reminds me of every photograph of Earl Hickey in "My Name Is Earl", since he ALWAYS has his eyes shut in every photo he appears in; that's a running gag on that show! Oh, well, at least Wilt didn't get the "Mike Wazowski treatment" THIS time!

pitbulllady

Sorry for the dp, but by "Mike Wazowski trreatment", you mean being covered up by logos and such in the media? That movie was so funny! :bloocross:

pitbulllady
06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
I am hoping so much that that's under a carboard slip-over. Why can't it match the first one!?! :wiltshock:

Sorry for the dp, but by "Mike Wazowski trreatment", you mean being covered up by logos and such in the media? That movie was so funny! :bloocross:

Yep, only in Wilt's case his face is usually obscured because it's out of the picture altogether due to his height, like it is in his Coco card, either that or it's behind a banner or something, like it is in "The Big Picture" and "Emancipation Complication".

pitbulllady

Foster's Geek 287
06-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh, yeah! That's funny. But poor Wilt.

bloonuggets
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
"I can't wait to see that music video!"

They showed it today (7/4) in the Red White and Bloo Marathon!

pitbulllady
07-04-2007, 07:54 PM
They showed it today (7/4) in the Red White and Bloo Marathon!

AND? What was it like, since I didn't get to watch the whole marathon?

pitbulllady

Sparky
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
AND? What was it like, since I didn't get to watch the whole marathon?

pitbulllady

You said you saw Cheesequest in another thread? The one where Cheese is in a Nintendo-style video game. Doesn't it say on the DVD back cover that Cheesequest is the music video? Maybe I'm mistaken; the print is kind of small for me to read well.

pitbulllady
07-04-2007, 08:09 PM
You said you saw Cheesequest in another thread? The one where Cheese is in a Nintendo-style video game. Doesn't it say on the DVD back cover that Cheesequest is the music video? Maybe I'm mistaken; the print is kind of small for me to read well.

I didn't really think of CheeseQuest as a video at the time, but I guess it was. I was thinking of a video more in the line with a song, I suppose, rather than Cheese being...well, Cheese. Given that at least two of the cast can actually sing(one being voiced by a professional singer), that's really more of what I expected.

pitbulllady

Sparky
07-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Well...indeed. But on the DVD back cover it says "CHEESEQUEST -A very special music video" on a single line, so I think they're saying that Cheesequest *is* the music video. I agree that they could have given us something a bit...I'll just say different, I mean no disrespect to the folks who made Cheesequest. But I bet tons of folks LOVED it. *shrug*

taranchula
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Well...indeed. But on the DVD back cover it says "CHEESEQUEST -A very special music video" on a single line, so I think they're saying that Cheesequest *is* the music video. I agree that they could have given us something a bit...I'll just say different, I mean no disrespect to the folks who made Cheesequest. But I bet tons of folks LOVED it. *shrug*

Well there is always the possibility of an extended, more music videoesque version of the short appearing on the DVD. Ya never know.

Lynnie
07-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Guess what I just pre-ordered!! Oh-kay, yeah, that's a really dumb question, sorry. 8D

Does anyone know if there's any chance at all of there being another comentary? I loved the one in Season 1, I was so hoping for another in Season 2. I liked Cheese Quest, but a commentary, IMPO, would be mroe fun. I haven't seen any mention of it, so my fear is there isn't one. Oh well... But I can still hope, right? :macwor:

One Radical Dude
07-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if there's any chance at all of there being another comentary? I loved the one in Season 1, I was so hoping for another in Season 2. I liked Cheese Quest, but a commentary, IMPO, would be mroe fun. I haven't seen any mention of it, so my fear is there isn't one. Oh well... But I can still hope, right? :macwor:

I have no idea. There still could be one, even though it isn't mentioned in the back of the DVD. We'll have to wait and see.

bloonuggets
07-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Well, the speculation on this board has been that "Mac Daddy" will be commentated upon by Mac, Bloo and Cheese. I guess they locked Candi, Sean and Keith in a room until it was over!

antgirl1
07-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Aww....Why are Mac and Bloo the only ones that actually stay for commentaries? They should include more than just 3 characters. ::)

Shelltoon
07-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I get the feeling if they had a bunch of characters giving commentary, it'd be way too chaotic! Anyway, can't wait to pick this up!

taranchula
07-29-2007, 03:49 PM
BTW guys and gals, when they were plugging the season 2 DVD set at the Foster's Comic-con Q and A, they did say there will be a commentary track.

This time around it will be only one character and one character only, and that character is of course...Cheese.

So get ready for 22 minuets of audio insanity.

antgirl1
07-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! D=

Imaginary Light
07-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I have a feeling the commentary might get a little old after a while if it's Cheese, and only Cheese, doing it. I hope that we are pleasnatly surprised and it turns out to be really hilarious.

Lynnie
07-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh...my.... No way! Just Cheese? However are they going to pull that off? I'm glad to hear there will be a commentary, but disappointed at the same time. I can't imagine him saying much else but gibberish the whole time, which I agree, will get real old real fast. And I wonder if Candi was bored or disappointed to be doing it alone. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, though. Maybe there's still room for a pleasant surprise.

Cassini90125
07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Two seasons on disk, with two commentaries that I'm deliberately ignoring. 0-2 is not good. At least the episodes themselves more than make up for it.

Shelltoon
07-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I guess as far as the commentary track goes, Cheese stands alone. XD

antgirl1
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I can only hope that Cheese is secretly smart. :p

Shelltoon
07-30-2007, 02:22 PM
If Cheese can memorize Mr. Herriman's random code, perhaps maybe there is a brain in all that mess. XD :cheesegrin:

bloonuggets
09-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Has anyone seen the ads for the set?

"Season 2 tastes funny. Cereal better."

Medikor
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
BTW guys and gals, when they were plugging the season 2 DVD set at the Foster's Comic-con Q and A, they did say there will be a commentary track.

This time around it will be only one character and one character only, and that character is of course...Cheese.

So get ready for 22 minuets of audio insanity.

Hmmm... I'm glad that a commentary is included but... just Cheese? Unless they have a surprise for us I can't really see it going anywhere. The Store Wars commentary was practically an episode in and of itself what with the all great dialogue between Bloo, Mac and Frankie. Thanks for the info, Taranchula.
I'm still looking forward to the set, though. I don't get dvd's for the extras, I get them for the show/movie first. The extras are just another thing to way against the pluses and minuses of different versions of the same thing for me.
It's none of my business, Cassini but can I ask why you're avoiding the commentaries? As a Frankie fan I can't help but feel that you're missing out.

Cassini90125
09-03-2007, 09:11 AM
It's none of my business, Cassini but can I ask why you're avoiding the commentaries? As a Frankie fan I can't help but feel that you're missing out.

I have no reason to believe I would get any enjoyment out of either of them.

Medikor
09-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I have no reason to believe I would get any enjoyment out of either of them.

Fair enough. :D

One Radical Dude
09-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Look what came one day early for me today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/mrbuu6000/Random/Season2DVD.jpg

I ordered via DeepDiscount.com early last week, and I chose the Free Shipping option. Surprisingly, it arrived one day early. As I'm typing this message, though, I have not seen this, yet. :bloogrin:

Lynnie
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow, that was fast! Was that even....eh....legal? Even so, you're sure the lucky one! :cheese:

Mine, pre-ordered from Amazon, was shipped out today. I got Season 1 the day after it's official release, so hopefully I'll have Season 2 in my hands on Wednesday. Eh, a day later than those buying it in person, but it was worth it making sure I have a copy reserved and paying one of the cheapest prices out there. Awesomeness.

Looks like there's no slipcover like the last one had. That's kind of a shame, I think the slipcover was a plus. It not only protects the actual case, but gave it some more "class" or something. Other than the lack of a slipcover, is the casing the same?

One Radical Dude
09-10-2007, 10:27 PM
It's not impossible for something to be shipped earlier than the expected release date, and I guess I was lucky to get mine sooner than expected. Yeah, the casing is the same as the first one. I was a bit disappointed that there was no slipcover this time, but it's really not a biggie.

antgirl1
09-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Lucky! XD

Medikor
09-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Nice way to luck out, ORD!:D Be sure to let us know what you think of the dvd when you get to seeing it. I'm planning on ordering mine sometime soon off Amazon.

Nem
09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I picked mine up today at Hot Topic lol. The promos it has are pretty funny =)

I was hoping they'd have the cool one of break dancing Wilt, since I haven't seen that promo/commercial/whatever it is yet D: Ah well, the other promos kept me entertained =)

One Radical Dude
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I really enjoyed this release. I did see the Cheese commentary...I'm not sure what to make of it, but to be honest with you, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. :cheesegrin: The gallery of friends are done much differently this time. Frankie does the narration.

You get quite a collection of promos, and some you'll easily recognize. I won't say much more.

Nem
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I really enjoyed this release. I did see the Cheese commentary...I'm not sure what to make of it, but to be honest with you, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. :cheesegrin: The gallery of friends are done much differently this time. Frankie does the narration.

You get quite a collection of promos, and some you'll easily recognize. I won't say much more.

Yea, I really enjoyed the gallery of friends. Also, my favorite promo had to be...

The one with Berry, I started laughing when she started screaming, it was awesome. I also liked Wilt's, and even though I've seen the one with Bloo, I still laugh at his "I'm adorable." line, because his pupils get big and he's so cute XD

I've yet to watch the Cheese commentary, I'll make note to do so tonight, it sounds funny lol.

pitbulllady
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Has anyone had any luck finding the Season 2 DVD at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.? I recall what an awful time I had finding Season 1; I found a copy at Target that was misplaced(possibly intentionally), but that was it. Either the other places didn't intend to carry it, or they'd already sold out. Apparently, the places that didn't stock it did not anticipate it being a major seller, so they didn't bother, but the speed of which it sold out in the stores that DID stock it proved otherwise. I was just wondering if any of the stores that didn't have Season 1 before have changed their minds and stocked Season 2, because I hate to have to make a 45-minute trip to look for the DVD out of town, and ye old Master Card is maxed out right now, making internet ordering a non-option.

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I stopped by my city's only Wal-Mart, and I did not see Season 2 there. However, some new releases get released late, which was the case for Season 1. That's the only place that would have Season 2 (no Target, no Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, etc.).

Nem
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Has anyone had any luck finding the Season 2 DVD at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.? I recall what an awful time I had finding Season 1; I found a copy at Target that was misplaced(possibly intentionally), but that was it. Either the other places didn't intend to carry it, or they'd already sold out. Apparently, the places that didn't stock it did not anticipate it being a major seller, so they didn't bother, but the speed of which it sold out in the stores that DID stock it proved otherwise. I was just wondering if any of the stores that didn't have Season 1 before have changed their minds and stocked Season 2, because I hate to have to make a 45-minute trip to look for the DVD out of town, and ye old Master Card is maxed out right now, making internet ordering a non-option.

pitbulllady

I stopped by Target today while applying for a job, and they didn't have it. Haven't been anywhere else to look besides Hot Topic.

Sparky
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
You guys don't really need to use spoiler tags in here, do you? :terrconf:

I got my copy at Fry's same as I did with Season 1. However they only got in 2 copies, while Hot Topic got in at least a dozen. If anyone is looking for this DVD and they can get to a HT, I'd recommend you do that. As I recall with the Season 1 release, Walmart, Target etc did not get copies until something like the following week, so I wouldn't rely on them to get a Season 2 set right away.

Anyways I'm working on making a section of my site for this set same as I did with the last one.

taranchula
09-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Yay, I Just got an e-mail from Amazon notifying me that my copy of Season 2 is on the way. Which usually means it will be on my doorstep sometime tomorrow morning. :up:

don Jaime
09-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Has anyone had any luck finding the Season 2 DVD at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.?

No luck at Target. Their loss, I was going to get Avatar Season 2 as well. I'll try Wal-Mart tomorrow.

MajorFostersFan
09-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I was so excited yesterday about this coming out! Today I made my mom call all over the place to see if any of the electronic stores had it...none did, but finally at the end of the day our bookstore had it in their DVD section. So I'm forcing mom to drive me to the bookstore tomorrow to get it. :bendy: Lol.

Foster's Geek 287
09-12-2007, 03:47 AM
They only had about five copies of season 1 at Target and I bought one only a few days after the release. They all sold out and I didn't find any more anywhere except Toys R Us a few days ago. No luck at season 2 yet, but my pocketbook is empty at the moment anyways.

I did, however, pick up the new SpongeBob SquarePants release. :)

Cassini90125
09-12-2007, 07:36 AM
I'll most likely get mine at Best Buy; that's where I eventually picked up the Season One set. I usually have pretty good luck there when hunting for DVD's.

taranchula
09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Season 2 happens to be sitting beside me on the bed as I am typing this message and as soon as I am done typing this message. I am going to go pop it into yon DVD player and veg out for a couple of hours....so G'Bye everyone. :P

Cassini90125
09-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Best Buy comes through again; I got mine about two hours ago, right out of the shipping crate. :)

Howard
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Mine came in this afternoon from Amazon!:frankiesmile:

Oh and this one has my fav episode - Cass knows what it is!:frankiesmile:

Lynnie
09-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Aw man, I was expecting mine from Amazon today, too. But nope. :cry: Hopefully tomorrow. *crossing fingers*

Cassini90125
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Mine came in this afternoon from Amazon!:frankiesmile:

Oh and this one has my fav episode - Cass knows what it is!:frankiesmile:

Uh... Mac Daddy? :cheesegrin:

Just teasing! It's Frankie My Dear. My favorite, too. :frankiesmile:

Medikor
09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I thought "Frankie My Dear" was a season three episode, this makes this volume an even bigger must have for me! :frankiesmile:

Shelltoon
09-13-2007, 12:34 PM
They did a rather good job with this DVD! I loved the new gallery of friends, and surprisingly the Cheese commentary is actually tolerable.
I just love how Cheese kept calling Mac "block head." XD

jekylljuice
09-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Hopefully some reliable merchant will have this up on Amazon Marketplace at a reasonable price before long. When they do, I'll be ordering. My copy of Season Two should hopefully be cosying up beside my desktop before October sets in. :D

I'm actually kind of relieved about the lack of slip cover myself, albeit for purely selfish reasons. My copy of Season One (which, thanks to my extremely disobedient DVD drive, I only got to play successfully last month - I'd previously let the blame lie with the discs themselves) was sent to me without the slip cover, and I really didn't have the energy to kick up much of a fuss over its absence. It might lack that blurb on the back, but the case itself looks respectable enough without it.

All in all I think dvd (and cd) slip covers are more trouble than they're worth. They may look rather smart and stylish when on the retailers' shelves, but once you get them home they're the sort of thing you tend to misplace and then accidentally sit on, or else find some other way of bending out of shape.

Cassini90125
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
All in all I think dvd (and cd) slip covers are more trouble than they're worth. They may look rather smart and stylish when on the retailers' shelves, but once you get them home they're the sort of thing you tend to misplace and then accidentally sit on, or else find some other way of bending out of shape.

They're an unecessary nuisance as far as I'm concerned, just something else to deal with before getting the disk into the DVD player and before returning it to the DVD rack.

Bloo2daMacs
09-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I found Season One just this Monday, so I guess I can't expect to be getting the season 2 DVD until Season three is almost out, if there is one. :P

don Jaime
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I found it at a Hastings for $20. Not available at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Target, or Borders. Not a good sign....

Lynnie
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Opened my mailbox today and FINALLY, there was a little flat box from Amazon. Thank You!!! I took the little box out and kissed it! (I'm glad no one was around, but, yeah, I did!) 8-)

I might be able to watch some of it tomorrow night, but I won't have the time to really relax and enjoy it until Monday or Tuesday. I was a little surprised to see that the external casing still didn't mention the commentary, only the paper pamphlet inside did. Was it that much of a "last minute" addition? I found that interesting. :cheese:

xxxClaire
09-15-2007, 04:44 PM
I picked up my copy today at HMV. :bloogrin: I checked Best Buy at first, but they didn't have any copies...

KF
09-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Mine arrived today! :D I ordered it from Amazon. I watched all of disk 1 and a bit of 2. :bloocross: I can't figure out how to have the commentary on for Mac Daddy though. Anyone know how?

taranchula
09-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Mine arrived today! :D I ordered it from Amazon. I watched all of disk 1 and a bit of 2. :bloocross: I can't figure out how to have the commentary on for Mac Daddy though. Anyone know how?

I do believe you have to select the episode off of the episode selection menu, once you've selected it, you'll be taken to a "commentary off or on" screen and then of course it's a simple matter of just picking yes and letting the insanity begin.

Shelltoon
09-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Yes, on Disc 1, go to Episode Selection, and look for Mac Daddy. When you select it, you should see a screen with Cheese on it that asks if you want commentary on or off. Make sure you select the on option, and the insanity will commence after the title card.

Best part about the commentary is when Bloo gives Cheese his chocolate milk in a glass. I like Chocolate Milk! (Commentary: Yeah, I feel ya.)

antgirl1
09-18-2007, 06:21 AM
So Cheese was sane enough for 22 minutes? XDD

Carlaz
09-18-2007, 07:43 AM

LOL! 8D

cartman414
09-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Is the Cheese commentary that good? I don't want to have to watch Everyone Knows It's Bendy for it.

Shelltoon
09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Is the Cheese commentary that good? I don't want to have to watch Everyone Knows It's Bendy for it.
That's the thing, you don't have to sit through that episode. You can just jump directly to Mac Daddy by going to the Episode Select.

Surprisingly he didn't go on completely for 22 whole minutes. Cheese took a couple of few minute breaks. But yes, he is surprisingly sane for the most part of the whole commentary. I wonder if Cheese ever got his Apple Box.

cartman414
09-18-2007, 10:21 PM
That's the thing, you don't have to sit through that episode. You can just jump directly to Mac Daddy by going to the Episode Select.

I know, but what I meant was in case he has any good material for that ep. commentary.

I hope that the next season set, given that Cuckoo for Coco Cards is in it, includes a set of Coco cards.

Sparky
09-18-2007, 10:47 PM
I thought there was ONLY a Cheese commentary track on Mac Daddy. :terrconf: Aren't the rest commentary-less?

Shelltoon
09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Commentary is only available on Mac Daddy as far as I know.

Lynnie
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah, there is only one commentary, on "Mac Daddy". I personally liked the commentary on "Store Wars" much better, it was way funnier! But Cheese was ok in his commentary. It was like listening to a 3 year old tell an overly exaggerated story, it was entertaining and kind of cute in parts. And yeah, he doesn't talk through the whole thing, he takes some "breaks" for a minute or two at a time. Like one time he says he has to use the potty, goes away for a minute, comes back, and then later he says "There's the potty!" when the bathroom where Bloo barricaded him in is on the screen, and says that now that he knows where it is he has to use the potty again. And he again comes back a minute or so later. We can hear the original episode of course during these breaks.

I still wonder how Candi felt about doing the entire commentary alone. And with all the "breaks" she takes, it kind of sounds like she was bored. Or lonely. :mfoster:

Oh No Bloo
09-22-2007, 12:03 PM
So I take it there isn't a code for awesome house party included with season 2? No one's mentioned any that I saw, what a shame. I can't wait to get it though.

Sparky
09-22-2007, 03:29 PM
No. There haven't been any codes on TV/online for a long while now either.

ClessAlvein
09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I also can't wait for Season II to come out on DVD. I hope the bonus features are worth waiting for 6 months.

pitbulllady
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I also can't wait for Season II to come out on DVD. I hope the bonus features are worth waiting for 6 months.

I'm not sure about where you live, but here in the US and Canada, Season II HAS been out on DVD since September 11.

pitbulllady

ClessAlvein
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Its already out? Thanks for telling me!

Mulch
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Living in Iceland, I have but one local comic book shop that orders Region 1 DVDs. But when I paid a visit yesterday, they not only had ordered it, they'd ordered three copies! I know, that's not many. But Foster's is the only show from CN they order besides action shows... And when that Ben 10 DVD came out they ordered one copy. So you see why I think this is brilliant (If you've actually bothered to read this post). I just got Season 1 not too long ago, so I can wait a few more weeks for this (since I don't have any money). I'm not sure about that Cheese commentary, but I might like it better than I liked the first one (I actually loved that one, but I hated the ending). So, if you've been wasting your time reading this, you know that Foster's is that popular... even in Iceland.

Lynnie
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think that was a waste of time. I thought that was pretty cool! Yay for Foster's popularity! Viva Foster's! :yeah:

bloonuggets
09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
And as per the response to my inquiry on the audio commentary, I recieved this from a certain voice of character:

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - yup - all true!

"It is hi-lar-ious!"

Lynnie
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
So she didn't mind doing it all alone? That's good, I'm glad. :cheese: Thanks for sharing Candi's response, Bloonuggets! :bloosmirk:

Sparky
09-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm frankly annoyed at the overdose of Cheese the Season Two set suffers from. If you haven't watched the set, not only does Cheese pop up to do something Cheese-y on the menus *and* whenever you select an episode, but apparently he pops up between acts *within* the episodes. -_- Cripes.

Lynnie
09-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Haha, I don't think I can actually say I was annoyed, but I did find it kind of.... uh, forgive me but, dumb, that he kept popping up when he's only in the one episode. I kept saying out loud "Yes Cheese, I know you're there, but you're not in this episode so GO AWAY!!" 8D

Meh, whatever captures and keeps the attention of the little kids, I guess. :P

antgirl1
09-28-2007, 06:12 AM
I hope Foster's doesn't become "The Cheese Show", like this one DA person fears it would. I widdle ones may like it, but certain not us.

One Radical Dude
09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I hope Foster's doesn't become "The Cheese Show", like this one DA person fears it would. I widdle ones may like it, but certain not us.

Until I see it happening, it's nothing but baloney. It would've already happened, if that were the case. I'd actually be more annoyed, if we had a show with Cheese and Fred Fredburger together (yes, some people out there do want to see that happening. :cheesegrin:).

Cassini90125
09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
If that were to happen I think I'd sell my TV. :P I haven't listened to the Cheese commentary and don't plan to but I've watched several episodes on the disks; very good quality. :)

Foster's Geek 287
10-01-2007, 01:10 PM
If that were to happen I think I'd sell my TV. :P I haven't listened to the Cheese commentary and don't plan to but I've watched several episodes on the disks; very good quality. :)

I have located the DVD at Best Buy! Commencing to buy in 5, 4, 3, 2...
Hours. :bloogrin:

But still, I'm glad to have it. Please tell me that Cheese doesn't appear actually DURING the episodes!!! :wiltshock:

Aside from "Mac Daddy", of course.
(LOL, it shows a big black box where Cheese should be. :D)

Foster's Geek 287
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM
OK... Just picked this up, and I have to say, it's great!
Aside from it not matching season 1, what with the slip-over, it was pretty well consistant in every other way. And I like consistancy. :)

I watched...

"Where There's A Wilt, There's A Way / Everyone Knows It's Bendy", "Cookie Dough" & "My So Called Wife", and I have to say, the Cheese segments aren't as bad as I thought.

But the commentary... I got past the "Mac Daddy" title card and to the part where Cheese is in with Mac before being annoyed out of my skull. Every other aspect of the disc is nearly flawless, except I wish that this and season 1 had the theme song only at the top of each disc and the credits only at the end.

Either way, I got two seasons of Foster's goodness.
On to season 3! :goo:

Starsky
10-02-2007, 08:11 AM
I still haven't picked this up, but I have one question: are the Cheese segments IN the episodes themselves? I'd hate for them to ruin the original copies of the episodes with a Cheese bumper randomly popping in at the most unfortunate time.

Sparky
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I only watched one episode, but yes, Cheese popped up *between* segments of the episode (where there would normally be a commercial).

Shelltoon
10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I still haven't picked this up, but I have one question: are the Cheese segments IN the episodes themselves? I'd hate for them to ruin the original copies of the episodes with a Cheese bumper randomly popping in at the most unfortunate time.

No, it's between acts, and from what I've seen... it's been completely random for me on that matter.

Mulch
10-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Whoa. I got through the whole lot of episodes without Cheese popping up once. Normally I'm not that lucky.
Only time he popped up on my discs was after I'd listened to that music in the Extras menu. (I like that music.)
Every other aspect of the disc is nearly flawless, except I wish that this and season 1 had the theme song only at the top of each disc and the credits only at the end.
I have to say that I disagree with that. I felt it ruined the format of my Spongebob DVDs. I only wish that they'd put the actual end credit sequences at the end of each episode.

pitbulllady
10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I finally got a copy of DVD at Hot Topic, though I still haven't had time to actually watch it yet. I also found a size 2X hoodie, the first one to come out, that actually FITS me! They also had a 2X group pic guys' t-shirt, so I lucked up in the Foster's dept. at Hot Topic! Now, I'm waiting for them to get the calender in.

pitbulllady

Foster's Geek 287
10-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I finally got a copy of DVD at Hot Topic, though I still haven't had time to actually watch it yet. I also found a size 2X hoodie, the first one to come out, that actually FITS me! They also had a 2X group pic guys' t-shirt, so I lucked up in the Foster's dept. at Hot Topic! Now, I'm waiting for them to get the calender in.

pitbulllady

Hey, are you from Pixar Planet?

pitbulllady
10-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Hey, are you from Pixar Planet?

Yes, I am. I'm part of the Randall Boggs Legal Defense Team.

pitbulllady

Medikor
10-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Well I should finally be sitting myself down to order the dvd off Amazon today. After some unsuccessful hunts season 2, like season 1, isn't carried in any stores within an hour's drive from my place.

Cassini90125
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
You might want to check eBay as well; it's possible you might find a better price there, although if you do it probably won't be by much. Either way it sucks that you'll have to pay for shipping, too. :P

Medikor
10-05-2007, 07:20 AM
You might want to check eBay as well; it's possible you might find a better price there, although if you do it probably won't be by much. Either way it sucks that you'll have to pay for shipping, too. :P

I don't like to use ebay for dvds unless I have no other choice. But the shipping on Amazon wasn't too bad; about five bucks. It's the 4-6 week shipping time that bugs me!8D

CG
10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I am still yet to check my local DVD store to see if they have the second season in! But I'm sure they'll get it in, I mean they had the first one only a week or so after it's initial release in America . . .

Kootiebirdo
10-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Picked it up at an FYE a week or so ago. The Cheese filler segments were kinda "cute" if a little annoying but the episodes themselves are superb!:)

antgirl1
12-25-2007, 03:59 PM
After a long time, I finally got it.

I'm surprised at the commentary. Looks like Cheese sounds a bit more intelligent than he leads to be. Cheese for once, was funny in a good way. "Blockhead". Lol. 8D

Plus the "Adopt Your Friend" ADs were cool too. I missed those things.

I am suddenly reminded of that seemingly-shown-once Adopt Your Friend AD where Wilt answers a question. The sad thing is, its not on the DVD and I don't remember what the question was or how he answered...Just the general idea...Maybe it was a dream...if it was a dream, why would it be entirely composed of my eyes locked on the TV watching Wilt answer a question? Hmm. I also believe the person was a girl, and it was someone on this forum...I know it wasn't me cuz I donno how to even do this sort of thing...:(

If anyone saw it at some point and remembers anything more, I would like to know. (If that's okay) If you're the girl whose question was answered (be honest), then lucky you. :D

Anywho, there's always next time. :D

Medikor
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Just got an e-mail from Amazon that the shipping of my Fosters season 2 DVD has been delayed again.
Let this be a lesson to everyone that you should pre-order something whenever possible.

One Radical Dude
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Just got an e-mail from Amazon that the shipping of my Fosters season 2 DVD has been delayed again.
Let this be a lesson to everyone that you should pre-order something whenever possible.

Again? What gives? :( I definitely recommend pre-ordering, if possible, for future releases.

taranchula
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I think that season two still being out of stock, might have something to do with the fact that for what ever reason Warner Home Video printed less copies of the DVD for the Canadian release then they did for season one, because even though I was able to succure my copy online. I couldn't find season two at any of the major retail locations in my area, the same stores that had season one when it was first released.

So yeah it might be that.

Medikor
03-20-2008, 08:47 AM
After several months of waiting I finally got an email from Amazon. Instead of being informed that my item was shipped, I was told that they had to cancel my order because they just couldn't acquire a copy to fulfill my order.
A little disgruntled, I just sighed and took a look at their "new and used" section. Sure enough, I was able to secure a copy and given a guarantee that it will be shipped in a few days. I'm disappointed but I have to take some of the blame for this. I really should have pre-orderd my copy when I had the opportunity. I won't make the same mistake with season 3!

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Am I the only one who actually sat through Cheese's "commentary"? I thought it was funny. :cheese:

taranchula
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Am I the only one who actually sat through Cheese's "commentary"? I thought it was funny. :cheese:

I thought it was pretty good for what is was, even though the first season "Store Wars" commentary was the better commentary track by far.

But still there was much fun to be had.

(Paraphrasing)

Cheese (On Screen) I want chocolate milk.

Cheese (Voice over) Yeah, I hear ya!

Sadly from what I hear, there won't be any commentary on the season three DVD which is a shame, as something like say...Goo comentating on her debut commentary would be audio gold.

What?

Stop looking at me like that,

It would be audio gold and you know it.

Oh yes, yes it would be.

Yes indeed.

Shelltoon
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Nope, I sat through it. Wasn't all that bad actually, but it's further proof that Cheese is best taken in small doses.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
03-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I actually rather liked the Cheese commentary too, and that's coming from someone who isn't the biggest Cheese fan. Certainly, if you hate the guy, then it won't be up your street, but there are nice touches, mostly stemming from Cheese's lack of comprehension of what's actually going on; like taranchula says, it's very amusing watching him attempt to interact with the on-screen versions of himself and the others. It'll be a shame not to see more commentaries on future episodes...

jekylljuice
03-21-2008, 09:39 AM
I still haven't watched it with the commentary myself, though I was just a little bit irked by those randomly-generated (it would seem) Cheese bumpers they somehow felt obliged to insert in between the acts of each episode. I hate to go to the Matthew Perry well too often, but could there BE any less of a point? Hopefully it's not something they intend to repeat with any future DVD releases. :P

taranchula
03-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I still haven't watched it with the commentary myself, though I was just a little bit irked by those randomly-generated (it would seem) Cheese bumpers they somehow felt obliged to insert in between the acts of each episode. I hate to go to the Matthew Perry well too often, but could there BE any less of a point? Hopefully it's not something they intend to repeat with any future DVD releases. :P

Yeah that was kind of unessecary, menu transitions: yes, random act break bumpers: no.

Oh well in the words of the great Zaphod Beeblebrox

Ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking?

Cassini90125
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
And people wonder why I don't watch the commentaries... :P

Sparky
03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I definitely dislike the random Cheese inserts between acts of the eps. And I'm still not particularly interested in watching either commentary.

Medikor
04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
My copy of season 2 finally came in a couple of days ago. I've only watched "My so called Wife" so far. I haven't experienced those Cheese bumpers that you're all talking about but I guess I'll have to see what the future holds.
I was pleased with the Friends bios section this time around. I couldn't keep up with the bios in season 1, but since they added Frankie as a narrator you're able to soak up what there is to learn of the characters. I do plan to listen to the Cheese commentary eventually. I enjoyed the commentary for "Store Wars" so I'll give it a chance.

KazooBloo
12-15-2016, 01:04 AM
Woo!