PDA

View Full Version : Won't See Me For Awhile, Or Will You?

AerostarMonk
05-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Actually, I don't know. Today I'm moving to Wyoming for the summer, and as you all know Wyoming doesn't exist. That puts it's Internet situation in a somewhat unknown area.

I'll be working a job at a gift shop at Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, the world's largest active volcano. But don't worry, they're not anticipating an eruption, yet.

I'm so nervous to be riding a plane too. There was a mid-air collision downstate, but people keep on assuring me that things will be okay. Still 9 hour plane rides don't sit well with me. Luckily I got a window seat this time, and I don't have to sit behind a 6 foot tall version of Waldo.

Well, thanks for being so friendly guys. I hope to see you soon. Enjoy your summers!

taranchula
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Good Luck and Bon Voyage. :)

Have fun with your new job. :bloogrin:

One Radical Dude
05-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Heh, something tells me that you'll be back in the not-too-distant future. :P Good luck with everything, and don't let the fears prevent you from doing what you wanna do. 8-)

Invader Bloo
05-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Audios!

jekylljuice
05-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Best of luck to you, Aero. Now get out there and show Yellowstone what you're made of. ;D

Ditchy McAbandonpants
05-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Aww, so Aerostar's leaving us for a while...that sucks, I've been having some good discussions with you lately. If you still get a chance to read this, have a great time in exotic Wyoming, and hurry back to us soon! :frankiesmile:

emperor26
05-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Didn't see this one coming.

Anyway, good luck, AeroStarMonk, and I hope everything turns out alright for you.

Sparky
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Wait, so you're not going to be able to get online while you're there? I didn't know that. See what I've missed. :P Well, good luck and we'll see you again...whenever you get back. :terrsmile:

Partymember
05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
ah well, have fun in Wyoming!

kageri
05-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Have fun in the second least crowded state, even though you probably won't read this for a while but I just want to make sure I post so there's a record of me doing so. Bon voyage!

Mr. Marshmallow
05-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Aww, so Aerostar's leaving us for a while...that sucks, I've been having some good discussions with you lately. If you still get a chance to read this, have a great time in exotic Wyoming, and hurry back to us soon! :frankiesmile:

Me too. I had alot of good discussions with him as well, thankfully not the heated, "I'm gonna kill you if you don't agree with me" kind. It's hard to find those but either way, I really hope to hear from you soon Aero.

Sorry about going to Wyoming....really not much of an expert on the grandness of Wyoming but either way, come back whenever you can.

koosie
05-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Wonkles! I probably missed you but I'm sure there's at least there's at least 1 computer in Wyoming so accept my best wishes. Looking foward to seeing you soon and if you hear a low rumbling from beneath, run as fast as you can.

Partymember
05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I'll be working a job at a gift shop at Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, the world's largest active volcano. But don't worry, they're not anticipating an eruption, yet.

Yeah. I heard they're a few thousand years overdue for a world-killer sized eruption...

er...have fun!

AerostarMonk
05-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, look at this, turns out that lately Yellowstone has been getting up to date with the 21st century. Every dorm in the whole park has wi-fi. Yeah, I was a surprised as you. However I think I am going to cut down on time here. So much beauty here and so many things to do it would be a shame to stay on the Net all day like I used to.

Be that a it may, that wont be until Thursday. Right now I'm holed up in Mammoth Springs in the northern part of the park. I'll keep you guys posted. And thanks for the good tidings. This is going to be a wonderful summer!

Partymember
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
defenitley stay outdoors as much as is humanly possible, i hear its absolutely beautiful out there.

AerostarMonk
05-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, the unexpected happened, only the south side of the basin gets wireless. Us Northies don't get it because the signal could leak to the guests, thus spoiling the rustic spirit inherent with each Yellowstone visit. Though I respect this I must say, I'm very pissed that I have to walk a mile just to connect to the Internet when many of my friends can just jump on at will.

So it looks like it'll only be minor checkups and such from now on.

This place is great, but I have to sleep on the floor. I was the last person in the room and all that left was the top bunk. 280 pounds and the top bunk of a wooden bed are a bad combination.

There's so much to explore, and I'll be sure to keep you updated. But this is really going to take some getting used to.

One Radical Dude
05-18-2007, 12:56 PM
You should take some photos of where you are, and show them to us. That would be great.

AerostarMonk
05-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I was fired from Yellowstone for reason I won't go into. Forty-eight hours later I obtained another job at Signal Mountain Lodge in the Tetons. Very beautiful place I must say. Now I get more pay, better housing and wireless internet no matter where I am.

I plan to do a better job here than I did upstate. However they aren't as restrictive down here. But in the next few months I plan to rock-climb, ski, hot air balloon, kayak, whitewater raft, and hang-glide. I mean why not, it's all free.

Yes, I'll upload pics as soon as I can get this computer fixed.

scary_dream
05-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Oooh, awesome!

So it kinda sucks that you got fired, but it turned out better anyhow so it is kinda good that you did.

I'm jealous of you getting to try all of those things... for free noless!

AerostarMonk
06-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I decided to quit my job. There were just more important things at stake and the situation was driving me borderline crazy. Though now that I'm back home I already wish I was somewhere else. Wanderlust is a horrible affliction when one has no money.

Partymember
06-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I decided to quit my job. There were just more important things at stake and the situation was driving me borderline crazy. Though now that I'm back home I already wish I was somewhere else. Wanderlust is a horrible affliction when one has no money.

"i just keep ramblin', gonna find the Queen of all my dreams, run my way, been this way 10 years to the day..."