PDA

View Full Version : Powerpuff Girls Z

Cyburn
08-24-2006, 05:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z

I watched the episodes via youtube.com, not too bad actually, a bit slow at first in terms of showing characters, but looks to get better.

Mac
08-24-2006, 06:49 AM
I can't stand the Power Puff Girls but I did enjoy Sailor Moon muchly when it first came out in the US. So I do wanna watch this.

Starsky
08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm the other way around. I loved The Powerpuff Girls but I just can't stand this - it's like they robbed the show of his identity and charm, not to mention his unique graphic style. Or maybe it's just me.

Cassini90125
08-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm the other way around. I loved The Powerpuff Girls but I just can't stand this - it's like they robbed the show of his identity and charm, not to mention his unique graphic style. Or maybe it's just me.

It's not just you. I liked both shows, particularly "Sailor Moon", but this is just wrong. Why tarnish both by making this anime mess? I don't get it, I really don't. :(

kageri
08-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I have mixed feelings: I don't think this was entirely necessary, yet I'm infinitely glad that the Gangreen Gang look pretty much exactly the same as the originals. I was worried they'd make Ace a bishie.

But what did they do the Mayor?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

BlooCheese
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM

Not just you. Me too. WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE POWERPUFF GIRLS?

Mac
08-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm not a fan of american animation so I'm naturally like the Anime version better. Add to that the fact that I hate PPG and of course I won't be against the anime. :lol: But I just saw half an episode on Youtube and I'm sooo not happy with it. I realize the show is aimed at young girls (ages 5-8 Im guessing) but it's so anime cliched and corny. I love animation and the fact that htey made the characters have depth but geez...anymore corn and we'll be able to harvest this anime.

billytheskink
08-24-2006, 07:03 PM
The original was a mediocre cartoon.
an anime version ought to work well as syrup of ipecac...

Scribble
08-24-2006, 11:00 PM
I used to love the original a long time ago and then I went off it. But this... I like anime but this is just... weird. o.o

GrimTheLost
08-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Am I the only person who really liked both? I was a fan of the original and I like Sailor Moon, add those together and you got me amused.

BlooCheese
08-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Maybe I don't like it so much because I'm not a big fan of anime. I don't know.

lucyrocks73
08-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Hmm... Well, I used to be a HUGE PPG fan when I was younger (eight, I think...), and that's what got me into Foster's.

Anime's never really been my thing... I liked Sailor Moon, but it was always one of those "watch it when nothing else is on" shows for me. Although (not sure if this counts) I keep watching Speed Racer over and over again...

I like the original PPGs better because... Well, I just do. I don't really have an answer.

Oh, and Buttercup's hair was better in the original, too...

-Marty 8-)

billytheskink
08-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Although (not sure if this counts) I keep watching Speed Racer over and over again...

Speed Racer counts. It was one of the first Japanese cartoons to be imported, and one of the few I find worthwhile.

GrimTheLost
08-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Astro Boy was one of the first too. IT ROCKED HARDCORE!!!