PDA

View Full Version : I liked Bloo's voice in the earlier episodes!

EleFlameMax
04-29-2007, 01:39 PM
*Note: This topic is about the episodes in general, not a specific episode. If this has to be moved to the "Foster's Discussion", I'm all for it. :D *

In the earlier episodes, Bloo's voice sounds different. Maybe it's just me, but I think there is a difference and I used to long for the old voice after it changed. I'm fine with the new voice now, but man, that old one just fit The Bloo Q so well, espicially in the first scene of the Foster's movie, in which he is teasing Terrance. Aw man, classical voice work.

Is there a new voice actor for the newer episodes, or did the producers just demand a different voice?

Thanks.

Kale
04-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Nope, it's the same voice actor.
I personally prefer Bloo's newer voice, the high pitched whiny-ness just fits Bloo's personality perfectly :P

WiltFan
04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I like both voices, but I think I liked his old voice a bit better for some reason. 8-) Same goes for Mac. :)

lucyrocks73
04-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Mac's old voice made him seem so much younger- it's actually getting harder as time goes on to believe he's only eight (ignore the b-day episode...)

That, and he's getting more sarcastic and using bigger words (at least, from what I've seen)

-Marty :goo:

Ub3rD4n
04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Maybe that's it. Maybe they changed the voices to better suit the characters. After all, Mac is a lot more mature than Bloo, thus, less kiddish voice. Bloo is more childish in the episodes after the first few, so his voice gets higher.

One Radical Dude
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
It's the same guy; being Keith Ferguson. He's simply getting better with the voice, and developing a better way of providing the voice of Blooregard Q. Kazoo. That's how it is. Also, as for Mac, Sean Marquette is almost 19. Anyone that can still do a great job providing the voice for everyone's favorite 8-year-old boy gets an A+, IMO.

I believe both gentlemen are doing a great job. 8-) :)

Invader Bloo
04-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I personally like Bloo's new voice too, the old voice dosen't fit his new personality.:bloocross:

Sparky
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
It's common for a voice actor to "settle" into a role and the voice to therefore change somewhat. If Bloo is Ferguson's first role (and he is, isn't he?) it would be even more expected. I know that in the Beetlejuice cartoon (my favorite cartoon, shut up) Stephen Ouimette, the voice of BJ, started the series trying to sound as much like Michael Keaton as he could; but over time he let the character become his, and in my opinion made the character even better though his performance alone. He even started letting his background as a Shakespearian actor show through, which was even more awesome.

I mean, I can understand someone preferring an earlier version of a delivery, but...time goes on. ;)

xxxClaire
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I personally like Bloo's voice better now. I love his old voice, but this one seems to suit him better. :bloogrin:

Mr. Marshmallow
05-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I honestly am glad Bloo's voice changed and Mac's as well. In truth, this is something you commonly see on TV shows. When a show begins it takes voice actors time to "find their voice" so to speak and see which voice works better and how to improve it.

Frylock from Aqua teen Hunger force had a similar problem. Watch the ATHF's first episode and you'll see Frylock's voice is very different then what it is today. I love Bloo know because he's really perfected that sassy, giddy screaming maniac that he's become today.

But in truth, Mac's vocal improvements are much more admirable. In the beginning Mac kind of sounded like either a tomboy girl, or younger then his actual age in the show. By the time Mac's actor got it right, Mac sounded great and he especially provided some kick ass "wild screams".

Like in "Squeeze the day" and "Bus the two of us".

lucyrocks73
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
For the longest time (and I'll admit that I only started watching the show somewhere between mid-to-late season two) before I finally saw the first few episodes, I thought that Mac was quite a bit older. Honestly, I was twelve at the time, and I thought he was my age...

But I'm not noticing that as much anymore. I'm not sure why...

Hey, I like the voice changes.

-Marty :goo:

Kzinistzerg
05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
I like them too. Bloo has the perfect whiny but cute voice, and Mac really seemed like a three-year-old in the pilot. He's matured a lot more. Yay Sean!

Chaos Wielder
05-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Personally I like both vocal styles. Bloo's earlier voice seemed to be much deeper and not as obnoxious, which is a nice alternative to his loud, whiny voice from today, actually. However, I don't mind the newer voice, either, because with it he seems to have more attitude. ;) I think he's funnier that way, personally, but this is just my opinion. :)

WiltsAKGirl17
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I much prefer Bloo's newer voice to the older one. I just think that Bloo needs a whiny, high-pitched voice to match his whiny, sometimes manipulative nature.

Plus, would the line "Come oooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn..." be as good in the older voice? I don't think so. But that's me.

Sagerian
10-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Without a doubt, I prefer the higher-pitched voice of Bloo. As others have said, it fits so much better with the character.

Although I have to admit, the scene in which Bloo and Coco are conversing for the first time still makes me laugh, with the lower-pitched Bloo responding so plainly and matter-of-fact like.

Coco: Coco?
Bloo: Yes.

That worked for me. :D

Zeitgheist
10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Since Bloo can not annoy me, I like his high pitched voice a LOT more. I remember I saw the Swedish House of Bloo's first and his voice was high pitched in that one... so the dubbers must've watched the first season and tried to mimic the later season episodes... so when I saw the english version of that episode I was SHOCKED XD I had seen many later episodes in english beefore watching house of bloo's in english

I love those moments when he goes REALLY highpitched, like in the halloween episode (the latest) when he goes "NOONE WILL EVER NOTICE!!", about burying Mr Herriman XD I also think he and Mac has a great sync when both are in that state (maybe it's something he inherited from Mac :P)

Lynnie
10-18-2007, 09:00 PM
LOL, yes, I like it when Bloo's voice is really high pitched too. Granted, it can give you a headache after a while, but it is soooooo funny! I especially like his high squealing and jabbering in "Say it isn't Sew"- "There it is! The faaaiiirrr!!" It just reminds me of how excited I use to get when I was a kid. For instance, when I was little, I loved birds (still do, love all nature actually), and on a particular road trip to the beach when I was 11 or 12, we passed a pond where there was a beautiful Rosette Spoonbill, which look very much like flamingos, all pink, red and white, around the same size, but with a spoon-shaped bill. I had never seen one before, and it was so "rare", I got soooo excited over seeing it I started jumping up and down in the car and talking much the same way Bloo was... And my parents got VERY mad at my over excitement and grounded me for losing control. Then I cried. :sadbendy: Haha, but now, I'm sure laughing over it. 8D

I have to say I like Bloo's newer voice over his older one. His older one sounded a little creepy to me at first. Not sure why, maybe just because it sounded "girly" for a boy IF. Although it grew on me, I still prefer Bloo's newer voice.

Chaos Wielder
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I much prefer Bloo's newer voice to the older one. I just think that Bloo needs a whiny, high-pitched voice to match his whiny, sometimes manipulative nature.

Plus, would the line "Come oooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn..." be as good in the older voice? I don't think so. But that's me.

Heheh, good point there. I must admit that I agree, too, because that line really WOULDN'T sound the same with the deeper voice. :P

Shelltoon
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Bloo's newer voice has a LOT more enthusiasm in it to me. Can you imagine Say it Isn't Sew in Bloo's old voice?

Kamikaze
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I think It's the same voice acter. Just diffrent tones

Just me but, I like his new voice. It better fits his personnality

Kootiebirdo
10-27-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this but Bloo sounds vaguely like Mickey Mouse. I know it seems stupid but that's what I think.

Lynnie
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Haha, yeah he does, kind of. Except Bloo sounds more whiney, and Mickey sounds just gleeful! :blooevil: I think Mickey's is a little higher pitched too, though.

Chaos Wielder
11-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this but Bloo sounds vaguely like Mickey Mouse. I know it seems stupid but that's what I think.

No, it isn't stupid because I can sorta see where you're coming from! I guess he sort of DOES have that high-pitched Mickey Mouse-like voice...only it's more whiney...and sarcastic. :P

Dragonrider1227
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
I actually hadn't noticed the voice change ^^;

One Radical Dude
11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I actually hadn't noticed the voice change ^^;

Watch the very first episode or so, then watch one of the latest episodes. You will notice it. :P

BluebottleFlyer
11-10-2007, 03:40 AM
I have yet to hear some of Bloo's manic scream-a-thons in some of the newer episodes, lol. But oh yes, his voice hasn't half changed since the pilot. Admittedly it can grate at times, but it's pretty much part of Bloo's personality. Without that shrill voice, he just wouldn't be Bloo, I don't think.

the beninator!!
02-02-2008, 06:12 AM
i tihnk the voice change bugged me at first, but it's kinda something I just had to brush off and make up some fake reason in my mind for it for whenever i wonder about it.

LaBloo
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
I Liked the old style better, other than Season 4 and 5.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I know what you mean. He's changed a lot since then. He looked a bit different in the first few episodes, and he wasn't as much of an egocentric jerk than he is now. For some reason he reminded me of something out of a Pixar film in the early days of the show.

Oh yeah, And he didn't scream as much.

Ah well, things change. They were still developing his character I suppose.

Another Castle
10-28-2009, 02:30 PM
In season one (especially House of Bloos), and in some episodes of season two (but not all of them), there is a different feel to the show, I can certainly sense it, but it is hard to describe. Something in the music but especially the voices.

I like both the old and the current voices, and although they are both by the same actors, but they both give a different feel to the charicters

Bloo sounds softer, and has a slightly different tone. It is a lot more shrill and whiny by the time of season two.

Mac sounds a lot higher, and it reminds me of Arthur Reed (of Arthur). He also sounds a lot more child-like. A few episodes later, it deepens. I find them both pleasant and soft on the ears

KazooBloo
12-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I heard that the shows producers wanted the voice to be higher in season two and onwards so that's why it's a different sounding voice.