PDA

View Full Version : The Frankie Foster discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

Cassini90125
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
This thread is for discussions about Frankie; her life, her job, her hobbies, etc. Think of it as an "intellectual" thread; posts about why we like her should go in the Frankie Foster appreciation thread, to be started shortly. :frankiesmile:

We had been talking about whether or not Frankie plays video games, so let's pick up where we left off in the old thread. I can't really say much on this, as I don't play video games other than the Sims 2, but they strike me as something she'd get into, perhaps more out of necessity than anything else. What with all the work she has to do in the house, she'd probably be reluctant to travel too far away, or for too long, lest disaster strike; video games would, I think, be a great way to have some fun without being away from either home or job. Which ones she'd get into is another matter; not long-term games, I don't think, nor do I think she'd get much out of combat-oriented games, either. You guys know more about this than I do; what's your opinion?

Mr. Marshmallow
04-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I touched about this in the old thread too (of which I do want to say sorry if I ever contributed to anything that happened), but I never found Frankie to be a hardcore gamer and by hardcore, I mean like games like Sims or RPGs, or combat games like Ghost recon etc.

To me, I think Frankie would like simple games like blasters or something like that. I personally think she spends most of her online time chatting to her friends, I think this would probably explain why we don't see much of her friends or hear much of them.

I also think this because Frankie is almost constantly confined to Fosters, outside of her living there, her job makes it nearly impossible for her to leave that often outside of simple food runs. I believe Frankie spends alot of time chatting with her friends which could also lend to the insecurity thing.

I mentioned this before about how I thought Frankie felt a little insecure about her cooks as per her vastly dazzling assortment of clothes that she wasted on the jack ass Dylan in "Frankie my dear". That, and the whole commentary thing from the DVD but that's kind of another issue.

Anyways that's how i feel about it and I just wanted to say I'm happy to be apart of this new Frankie thread.

Medikor
04-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Love the new Frankie thread, Cass!:frankiesmile: Anyway, I think Frankie would be more of a casual gamer. We know that she played that game in "Bye Bye Nerdy", so due to that and her busy life, I would say that she probably plays the "pck-up and play" type games. I think she's wouldn't feel that she has the time time to play anything that takes a timely investment like an RPG. Of course, by all we know, she could be an avid Sims player.;)

frankie_fan
04-27-2007, 08:35 PM
She'd probably play Flash games on the net. If she didn't have the time for other games (like Grand Theft Auto or Doom), she'd play the Flash online games.

Ub3rD4n
04-28-2007, 12:51 AM
This may be wishful thinking, but I think Frankie would enjoy the Pokemon games. They're awesome fun, plus, she willingly works with IFs all day, I can assume she has a soft spot for them.

Cassini90125
05-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Another way she might relax and unwind is by simply watching TV. We know Frankie watches The Loved And The Loveless, but other than that I don't know if she'd get into soap operas that much; it'd be hard to keep up with the storyline if she missed an episode, and you know she'd miss at least one every week (and we all know why :blooevil: )

Howard
05-02-2007, 06:47 AM
I noticed that Frankie is also athletic (from her Coco Card, and the way she demonstrated to Bloo what her Grandmother did in BTB, ending with a split). She probably enjoys a game of softball, or even vollyball (beach type) every now and then.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I've always assumed she's fairly active, or at least doesn't mind a little exercise; stars know she gets enough just by cleaning that huge house every day. I can't see her doing a job that involves sitting behind a desk all day; I'm sure she'd love the easier pace at first, but I think it would get on her nerves over time.

Howard
05-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I can't see her doing a job that involves sitting behind a desk all day; I'm sure she'd love the easier pace at first, but I think it would get on her nerves over time.

That is why she gave Herriman his old job back as house president!8D
(Plus a carrot bonus wouldn't cut it.):frankiesmile:

kageri
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I've always assumed she's fairly active, or at least doesn't mind a little exercise; stars know she gets enough just by cleaning that huge house every day. I can't see her doing a job that involves sitting behind a desk all day; I'm sure she'd love the easier pace at first, but I think it would get on her nerves over time.

Maybe they could do an episode where she does get a job like that and eventually gets so bored that she starts wanting to scrub floors like she used to. Of course that would involve her quitting her job at Foster's for some reason, and she wouldn't do that, but still.

Cassini90125
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
There's a way around that. Bloo, feeling unappreciated, decides to cook dinner for the house so he can bask in all the "thank you's". The residents get divided up between a few hundred temporary homes for a week or two while the biohazard crew cleans up after him. Frankie, being temporarily out of work, tries out various jobs and can't stand any of them for more than a day. :frankiemad:

The episode ends with Cheese wandering around the kitchen, saying "I like toxic waste". :cheesegrin:

Seriously, though, one does wonder what Frankie would be doing if Foster's closed down for whatever reason (hopefully because everyone finally got adopted), or if it had never opened at all. Nursing is my guess, or perhaps social work.

Medikor
05-03-2007, 11:06 AM
I could see her helping out in a retirement home or, like you said, Cassini, nursing. It would have to be something that would make use of her caring nature. Maybe even being a pre-school teacher or something.

Mr. Marshmallow
05-03-2007, 02:41 PM
I think if Foster's ever closed down the first thing she would do would be take a break. I'm sure as much as she loves Foster's, Frankie could seriously use a break from everything and just chill out for a while and enjoy her mature teen tears or young adult time while she has the chance.

I think she would also do similar job, helping out others. Maybe even like a teacher or helping out at a kindergarden or school. If she can handle Bloo and weird and wacky imaginary creatures day in and day out, I think she has the heart and the skills to take care of some children.

Also I don't know why, but for some reason I could totally see her making a hilarious little sports coach for like baseball or something. It's really random I know but I think with her attitude and DEFINITELY her temper, she could really motivate one hell of a sports team into action.

Invader Bloo
05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I think her job keeps her fit.:P
It's a tough job cleaning a huge butt house like Fosters.

LOL Cassini. "I like toxic waste".

billytheskink
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I noticed that Frankie is also athletic (from her Coco Card, and the way she demonstrated to Bloo what her Grandmother did in BTB, ending with a split). She probably enjoys a game of softball, or even vollyball (beach type) every now and then.:frankiesmile:
Well, she's built more like a volleyball player (indoor or outdoor) than a softball player. She would have a sizable strike zone, unless she had a very compact batting stance.

Her listed height would likely force her to play in the back row or "libero" position on a good, competitive volleyball team.

From what I've actually seen on the show, she obviously knows her way around the computer. Perhaps she visits sites such as this to discuss Fakeout or whatever that band is called.

Cassini90125
05-05-2007, 06:40 AM
From what I've actually seen on the show, she obviously knows her way around the computer. Perhaps she visits sites such as this to discuss Fakeout or whatever that band is called.

One does wonder what websites she visits while online. I assume they reflect her interests, both professional and personal, but the latter is open to debate. Movie and music sites? Game sites? Perhaps she pokes around on eBay and Amazon, looking for stuff for the house and for herself. I like to think that she knows of a site out there that connects Foster's with other homes for IF's, assuming that they exist. If she registers here, I hope the Spam section doesn't freak her out! 8D

LOL Cassini. "I like toxic waste".

Not quite as good as the classic "I like doo-doo!" but I was happy with it. :cheesegrin:

billytheskink
05-05-2007, 07:26 AM
I like to think that she knows of a site out there that connects Foster's with other homes for IF's, assuming that they exist. If she registers here, I hope the Spam section doesn't freak her out! 8D
From what we saw in World Wide Wabbit, it appears as though she was attempting to make the Foster's site something of a connection point for IF care. Though I am reading a bit into it when I say that.

and who wouldn't the spam section freak out?

Cassini90125
05-06-2007, 07:51 AM
who wouldn't the spam section freak out?

No one I know. :bloocross:

I think the site she was working on in WWW was solely about the house and getting the IF's adopted, and not part of a larger network, or at least wasn't yet connected to one. I don't recall seeing it since that episode so it may not get much traffic. I'll give her credit for creating the site to begin with; I doubt I could do it without a little help.

Mr. Marshmallow
05-06-2007, 09:09 AM
One could only imagine/hope/prey what Frankie would think if during all of her web browsing she managed to find her way over to this particular website.

:frankiesmile: I think she'd feel honored or at least a little embarassed.

Cassini90125
05-06-2007, 09:19 AM
I hope she'd like the Valentine's Day card I made for her. :frankiesmile:

Then again, if she registered, she could see what's in the Spam section... yeah, let's not think about that. 8D

Either way, I don't think she spends a great deal of time online, partly because she doesn't have much free time to begin with, partly because I think she's more "people-oriented", and would prefer a face-to-face conversation instead of a chat room, although her circumstances might not always permit that.

Medikor
05-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I think she would be a little turned off at first, thinking that were like those two guys from "Good Wilt Hunting". But I'm sure with time she would warm up to us. 8D
I noticed that at the end of "Cheese A Go Go" during the credits gag, Frankie was in an unfamiliar black car. It didn't look like Madam Fosters so I'm wondering if maybe, Frankie managed to get her own personal car? Heaven knows she deserves one and she shouldn't have to take the bus everywhere or always barrow her Grandmothers. That made me pretty happy.

Howard
05-07-2007, 06:17 AM
I think she would be a little turned off at first, thinking that were like those two guys from "Good Wilt Hunting". But I'm sure with time she would warm up to us. 8D
I noticed that at the end of "Cheese A Go Go" during the credits gag, Frankie was in an unfamiliar black car. It didn't look like Madam Fosters so I'm wondering if maybe, Frankie managed to get her own personal car? Heaven knows she deserves one and she shouldn't have to take the bus everywhere or always barrow her Grandmothers. That made me pretty happy.

I did not notice any difference - I thought she was in Mdm Foster's car. I will look at those end credits again. Hmmmmmm...:frankiesmile:

Medikor
05-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I did not notice any difference - I thought she was in Mdm Foster's car. I will look at those end credits again. Hmmmmmm...:frankiesmile:

It could very well have been Madam Fosters car, but I haven't seen it in so long and it looked different to me. When I saw it the first thing that popped into my head was "When did, Frankie get herself a car?"8D

Mr. Marshmallow
05-07-2007, 10:20 AM

I think it simply depends on like with any fan boy or girl, how you approach the person your idolizing. Being yourself is the "smart thing" thing to do despite how uncool you may view yourself. Frankie isn't the kind of person to write you off by your looks or attitude, she's a "good inner" kind of gal.

The problem with Douglas and Adam was that they poured on the suck up factor and treated her like a goddess LITERALLY! If they had simply been a little nicer then the average guy would be, like the open door thing, pick up something she dropped, or offer money if she needs it for a payphone etc.

I think those kind of things would make a huge difference. I personally think she would maybe feel a little weirded out that so many people do admire her, but in the end, I think she would find it to be very "sweet of us" and that she, unlike most girls, would definitely tell you how much she appreciates your worth.

However, if we start groping her legs and kissing her feet, I have a feeling your gonna end up like Douglas and Adam and being viewed more as freaks then fans. Frankie is something special but she is also your average human girl, and that's the way you got to treat her, like the decent and honest human being that she is.

Not a love goddess, not "property", and CERTAINLY not a door mat.

Medikor
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Very good points, Mr.M and I totally agree. If I met Frankie (if she were real, of course) I would just be polite and act naturally. I can't say I would wow her with my words since I'm very shy and would likely fumble about the mouth.
I just wouldn't be able to talk to someone as easily in person as I can online. But I do open up after becoming comfortable with people. Who knows? Maybe, Frankie would find the shy ones cute.8D

Mr. Marshmallow
05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I just wouldn't be able to talk to someone as easily in person as I can online. But I do open up after becoming comfortable with people. Who knows? Maybe, Frankie would find the shy ones cute.8D

Everyone has that problem Medi, not just you. Besides if you recall how Frankie acted on her date with Dylan, she was pretty bumbling and shy and nervous as the next person.

Medikor
05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Everyone has that problem Medi, not just you. Besides if you recall how Frankie acted on her date with Dylan, she was pretty bumbling and shy and nervous as the next person.

That's true. Thanks, Mr.M! 8D

Cassini90125
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Guys, I hate to say this, but this discussion probably would be better suited to the Appreciation thread. Not everyone wants to read about our feelings about Frankie. Let's try to stick to more fact-based topics in here and keep the more emotional stuff, like how Frankie might feel about her fans, in the Appreciation thread, m'kay? :frankiesmile:

Medikor
05-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry, Cassini. I'll try harder to determine where my thoughts would be better suited.
I may be wrong, but did Frankie go through another slight design change this season? I only seen "Cheese A Go Go" once, but I was sure that there was something different about her designer. I think it was her ear pieces or her eyelashes. Again, maybe it's just that I haven't seen the show for a while before that.

Cassini90125
05-07-2007, 04:26 PM
We all do it, don't worry about it. ;)

I don't recall any design changes, but I've also seen CAGG only once, so it's definitely possible. Anybody else notice anything along those lines? The characters seemed to move more fluidly than in the past, but I noticed that mostly in Eduardo, not Frankie.

Mr. Marshmallow
05-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I just got done watching it a second time, Frankie really didn't look or appear to have anything different on her. I will say one thing, her hair sure looked a hell of a lot longer then I thought it was when she came to Louise's door at the end.

I also feel a bit better about the whole mess Frankie got into considering she had the chance to go home after she got the call from Madame Foster. At least she was able to go home, clean up, band aid it, and get all washed up.

That way when she left to pick up Madame Foster the next day, she was all cleaned up and feeling much better. I would have felt god awful if she had to come down to the police station right that second, looking like she did.

Cassini90125
05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
The police have probably seen her that way before. I have a feeling that wasn't the first time she's had to bail out Madam Foster. 8D :mfoster: :frankiemad:

Medikor
05-12-2007, 10:39 AM
And the scary thing is that she may end up like her at that age. They do say that character traits skip a generation.;) 8D Nah, I'm sure Frankie won't be eccentric like Madam Foster. I'm sure, Frankie will pick up the wisdom and craftiness but leave the kookiness at the door.

Cassini90125
05-12-2007, 11:33 AM
It would help if we knew something about the generation between her and Madam Foster but alas, we don't. There's certainly been a lot of speculation, I'll say that much, and there will no doubt be more. :frankiesmile:

fosters home fan
05-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry, Cassini. I'll try harder to determine where my thoughts would be better suited.
I may be wrong, but did Frankie go through another slight design change this season? I only seen "Cheese A Go Go" once, but I was sure that there was something different about her designer. I think it was her ear pieces or her eyelashes. Again, maybe it's just that I haven't seen the show for a while before that.

Maybe you should check the screenshots for this episode.:frankiesmile:

Invader Bloo
05-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I was quite happy with how big her role was in "Cheese A Go-Go". I think season 4 proved (to the the crew/CN) that she is an important & popular character.:frankiesmile:

I hope she has good season 4 sized roles through out season 5 & the rest of the show.

Medikor
05-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Maybe you should check the screenshots for this episode.:frankiesmile:

There are screenshots? I didnt know that. If I knew where they were I would check them out right away.:D

Cassini90125
05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
There are screenshots? I didnt know that. If I knew where they were I would check them out right away.:D

Screenshots for CAGG can be found here:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/5-01GoGo.htm

Honestly, I can't find anything different about her appearance.

Mr. Marshmallow
05-15-2007, 05:31 PM
:wiltshock:

Sorry if this changes the topic a bit but that new avatar of yours Cass is AWESOME!

I never thought you'd change your avatar, not in a million years but boy that new one sure is amazing. That's my favorite fan drawing of Frankie too.

Extremely NICE! :)

Medikor
05-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Mr. Marshmallow is right, that new avy of yours is wonderful, Cas. And thanks for the link to the CAGG screen shots.:D

Invader Bloo
05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm glad she had a good sized role in "The Buck Swaps Here". :)

Chazz93
05-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Today my fiance asked me if Frankie had an IF. Since I really only play the BFAHP and don't watch the show very often I figured I would ask here. Did Frankie have an IF and what happened to it?

Medikor
05-22-2007, 07:38 AM
That's still very much up for debate, my friend. As of now, nothing has really been given to us to suggest that she had/has an imaginary friend of her own. But that doesnt mean that an episode will not be made out of it.
I think it would be something special if we got an episode where Bloo thinks that Frankie's friend Kathy is and imaginary friend (since we never see her) and tries to find her out.:D

Ub3rD4n
05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
That would be a good episode. I think Frankie probably had an imaginary friend at one time or another (since she loves them so much) but still, nothing definite, she may have just played with the IFs at her grandma's place.

Medikor
05-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I like to play around with the idea that Kathy is Frankie's imaginary friend that she put up for adoption and they like to keep in touch. But it's most likely that Frankie never needed an imaginary friend since she got to be with all the friends at Fosters. I guess we'll just have to wait for the minds behind Fosters to reveal Frankie's past.

Cassini90125
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
They'll tell us more, eventually, though the wait is killing me. 8D

As I stated in the old thread, I'm pretty sure Frankie never had an IF of her own, not because she lacked the creative ability to make one but because her parents wouldn't allow her to have one. As for why, we can only guess. I admittedly have no proof that my idea is in any way correct; it's just a feeling that somehow feels right to me.

Medikor
05-24-2007, 05:08 PM
And maybe that's why Frankie's past is still a mystery? Maybe it was left vague enough for us to fill in the blanks for ourselves and dream about what may have been.
But I'm sure we'll learn more about her past when the writers need more stories for the show. It's only a matter of time and all good things come to those who wait.:D

Mr. Marshmallow
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Hopefully they WILL tell us about her life and not just continue to keep Frankie's existence both socially and family out of the lime light. I think the reason Frankie never had an imaginary friend is probably a difficult question to answer.

There's ALOT of possible reasons:

1. If the parents death theory holds true, emotional grief or trauma.
2. Stress from constantly working at her job (something tells me Madame Foster started her early).
3. Didn't feel lonely in a house of imaginary friends.
4. Wasn't bored enough to think one up in a house of imaginary friends.
5. Didn't want to make one in fear of it turning out like Mr. Herriman did (:P joke)
6. Felt fine with her grand mother by her side.

I personally think the fact she grew up around so many imaginary friends is the real reason, that and the fact she has to take care of so many would help too. Whatever happened in Frankie's life is still a mystery, but we do know she's been to Foster's at least ONCE every year.

Judging by the photo of the year in "Big picture". The photos show her at a very young age so she ended up there alot, either constantly visiting or (again the possible parents death idea) lived there because she had no other relatives or elsewhere to go.

And if that is true it'd be kind of ironic when you think about it Frankie living at a foster home which is where she'd end up if had no relatives to take care of her. But anyways those are just my ideas and what not.

Medikor
05-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I still think it would be pretty funny if Duchess ended up as Frankie's imaginary friend. But I suppose Frankie wouldn't be so at odds with her own if she had one.

Invader Bloo
05-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Cass, does Frankie have a good-sized role in the new episode that's on CN.com?

Cassini90125
05-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Cass, does Frankie have a good-sized role in the new episode that's on CN.com?

Uh, I guess it depends on what you mean by good-sized. She was certainly present, and there were some good pics of her, but she was by no means the focus. "Mid-sized" is how I'd characterize her role, I think.

Invader Bloo
05-28-2007, 11:31 AM
That's how I meant it. Great sized would be like her role in "Store Wars".

Cassini90125
06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
"Frances" is the correct spelling for a woman, though I've seen both versions used for Frankie.

Howard
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
"Frances" is the correct spelling for a woman, though I've seen both versions used for Frankie.

Absolutely correct. My name is Francis (male spelling). I have been meaning to ask why Frankie's name is spelled like the male spelling.:wiltshock:

Cassini90125
06-21-2007, 12:04 AM
My guess is it's simply an error, probably because it's not a common name. Other than you the only person I've ever known who had it was one of my junior high teachers. Oddly enough, as I recall she used the male spelling, too.

Medikor
06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
That could very well be the reason the Frankie prefers her nickname. Frankie does sound more feminine, to me at least.

Cassini90125
06-21-2007, 11:27 AM
I honestly never cared much for the name "Frankie" until she came along. Too much like "Frank" for my liking. Obviously I've long since changed my mind. :frankiesmile:

Okay, this is starting to sound like the Appreciation thread, so let's move on. Topic, anyone?

Mr. Marshmallow
06-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I actually never understood how Frances is a girl name, I always assumed that was a guy's name (remembers the crazy guy from the movie "Stripes" vividly). I actually didn't think I was going to be able to like or call a girl Frankie until I actually saw her on the show and how she appeared.

The name worked with her surprisingly, I never thought I'd see a name like Frankie work with a girl like this before. This reminds me so very much of Fred from the cancelled "Angel" series.

Her actual name was Winifred but everyone called her Fred and it was funny because even characters on the show got confused why she's called a guy's name.

Sparky
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
While its not true in Frankie's case, sometimes Frankie is short for Francesca. I had a character once named Francesca who went by Frankie in a Casper fanfic I never wrote, lol. Anyways, I think Francesca is a nicer girl's name than Frances. I like Francis for a guy though.

Cassini90125
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
That's a name I really like but it doesn't seem to fit her. Too long, I think, and to me it sounds like it belongs to a more "aristocratic" sort of woman, someone with a fair bit of money and a house in the Hamptons.

Medikor
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
That's a name I really like but it doesn't seem to fit her. Too long, I think, and to me it sounds like it belongs to a more "aristocratic" sort of woman, someone with a fair bit of money and a house in the Hamptons.

Or Duchess;) Now here's a fun little thing to think about: If Frakie decided to make an IF, what do think it would end up like? She obviously doesn't need one, but I like to think how her personality and character would affect the IF's personality and character.
Would it be one that would fill in the (as of now) unexplained parental gap? Would it be a polar opposite of her responsible and caring nature? Or would it simply just be a fried that she could talk to so she could relieve the stresses of her day? All hypothetical, but still fun things to think about regarding our favorite red-head.

Mr. Marshmallow
06-22-2007, 01:59 PM
I think Frankie would definitely make up a friend that could help her out around the house, that's one thing that she can't really do without and I'd find it hard that she'd pass up any chance to get some help around the house. I'm actually surprised Frankie never put a "help wanted" sign outside.

I think her IF would also be someone who can help deal with the crap the likes of Bloo and Mr. Herriman give her, like someone who can handle serious problems like that and be like a partner to Frankie. Or maybe she might create an IF that would JUST take are of Bloo since he's like a full time job.

Dealing, feeding, and watching Bloo is practically a job in and of itself so she might have someone just keeping watch or Bloo in control. Basically i think Frankie's IF would serve as a personal assistant, or if not sooner or later it would probably end up serving as one anyway.

Invader Bloo
06-22-2007, 05:44 PM
I could see Frankie making a Bloo-Sitter friend. Most of the time she's cleaning, which is when Bloo does his schemes/shaningans/hi-jinx/etc...

I hope Frankie gets her own episode this season. I heard people say she co-starred with Cheese again in "Cheese-A-Go-Go". IMO, not really. Neither Cheese nor Frankie were the stars. Bloo was, speaking of Bloo (even though he shares the fave character spot with Frankie in my list) is starting to get on my nerves that he's been the main character on almost every episode thisseason so far. No Mac, no Wilt, no Frankie, no Goo & only 1 Eduardo episode. :(

Partymember
06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I honestly never cared much for the name "Frankie" until she came along. Too much like "Frank" for my liking. Obviously I've long since changed my mind. :frankiesmile:

Heh. You should see the Frankie that graduated last year :bloogrin:

hoooooooooly crap.

Yeah. She was a redhead, too. :-*

AerostarMonk
07-15-2007, 07:39 AM
I cannot believe this thread has been dormant for almost a month now. This is quite the record indeed.

Anyway, does anyone but me think that Frankie was the braces and glasses type in junior high and high school? I don't know for some reason it just fits.

Cassini90125
07-15-2007, 07:53 AM
It's an interesting idea, and I think glasses would look cute on her, but no. If you take a look at the photo album in The Big Picture, when the picture pass through her teenage years there are no indications that she had either braces or glasses, although in the latter case she could certainly have worn contacts for the photo.

Ub3rD4n
07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
-or she could have just taken her glasses off, it's not like you have to see to have a picture taken of you.

As for "If Frankie had an IF": Frankie doesn't have any obvious lacks to her personality. She stands up to Bloo and Mr H herself fairly frequently, so I guess I'd say her IF would be someone a lot like herself.

Medikor
07-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Anyway, does anyone but me think that Frankie was the braces and glasses type in junior high and high school? I don't know for some reason it just fits.

I dunno... Frankie strikes me as one of the lucky ones who never had to worry about things like braces, glasses or acne. well... except for that deodorant incident that we learned about from Store Wars's commentary.;)

Cassini90125
07-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I still haven't listened to that. Maybe sometime after the Con.

Mr. Marshmallow
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
It's a good informational piece to listen to Cass, it's well worth sitting through the episode and hearing it. Usually I can't physically stand watching a movie or show with people talking through the whole damn thing (unless I'm watching Mystery Science theater 3000).

The only problem is as you reach the end of the commentary, you kind of get Frankie depression as I call it. She gets pretty stressed out by the end of it but like everyone says, it does reveal some behind the scenes information about her. Speaking of school, I wonder if Frankie was popular.

I mean, I wonder if she was lonely most of the time, I don't think she was with what one might call "the cool kids" as in being snobby and dressing in the most expensive outfits etc. I think Frankie would be outside of most "labels" or school stereotypes like Squids, jocks, and nerds etc.

How do you guys think she was in school popularity wise?

Lynnie
07-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Cassini, you haven't seen the "Store Wars" Commentary yet? Oh, you will LOVE it!! It is sooo funny! It's like a whole other episode in itself. And Grey (Frankie) was great in it. As were Keith and Sean (you can REALLY hear the deepening of Sean's voice as he's talking in the commentary as compared to the episode itself, it's kind of funny). I found it fun just hearing their voices as if they're watching the episode the same time you are. And you'll learn a little more about each character. It was fun. I still really hope season 2 has a commentary, too.

As for how I think Frankie's popularity was in high-school, I think she was pretty popular. I can picture her telling her friends all the crazy things her grandma did and said, and them agreeing with her and standing up for her. I can't really picture her with glasses, but I can see her with braces and "frizzy" hair. But again, she's so sweet and optomistic, and realisticly has her limits, so I think she was fairly popular as a teen. I certainly don't think she was among the "outcasts", for sure.

Sparky
07-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I still haven't listened to that. Maybe sometime after the Con.

I haven't either, so you're not the only person on this board who hasn't or anything. I keep forgetting to, basically.

Cassini90125
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
You forget, I avoid. Same result in the end. I'll get to it when I have to.

AerostarMonk
07-16-2007, 05:34 AM
I've always wondered what Frankie would've done if she had led a more "normal" life. Would she be a traveler, would she be very far along on her career path? That sorta thing.

Oh, I wish I could explain this better. But for some reason my head's asleep.

Partymember
07-16-2007, 10:17 AM
personally i think she would have moved to the Yukon territory to begin a life of fur trapping and gold panning.

8D

Jeremiah Johnson style 8-)

Medikor
07-16-2007, 10:28 AM
How do you guys think she was in school popularity wise?

I think she would have been in the middle ground. You know, not one of the cool or popular kids but still well liked and a good student. I also think that she may have had a small number of very good friends like Kathy. Frankie just strikes me as the kind of person who would only have one or two friends but they would be really close.

Mr. Marshmallow
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I think Frankie was middle, like you said. I don't think Frankie was a hugely popular person, though not a particuarly disliked person either. She seemed like the person who just made her way through school and tried to have a good time and grow as a person.

However, I would have to say she wasn't big with guys. I assume her choice of clothing is quite similar to how she is now and I don't think she started dressing as sexy and risque as she did in "Frankie my dear" in school. I think she did that much later and I think it was a sign of her "luck" with boys.

I think some people might consider Frankie's general outfit to be "homely" just a green sweater and a powerpuff girls shirt and all. Plus the fact Wilt was her date for the prom kind of solidifies the fact she couldn't get a date for prom.

Medikor
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Plus the fact Wilt was her date for the prom kind of solidifies the fact she couldn't get a date for prom.

Maybe she had a pack of guys who wanted to take her but she turned 'em down because they were just as obsessive and awkward as those two guys (their names always escape me) from GWH.
8D

Mr. Marshmallow
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe she had a pack of guys who wanted to take her but she turned 'em down because they were just as obsessive and awkward as those two guys (their names always escape me) from GWH.
8D

Yeah I'm not so sure. I think most people understand the (usual) significance of prom and how important it is to your high school lives, and I think the way Frankie talked about her prom/Wilt experience shows she was upset she didn't have a quote "date" to take to it.

The way Frankie talked about it, she kind of made it sound like taking Wilt to the prom was akin to taking your cousin or something. I think if she had geeks or guys drooling over her she'd tolerate taking one to prom just so she could go through prom by actually having a human/guy kind of date.

Plus, all this guy drooly moments Frankie's been going through from the FMD episode, to GWH, to even that kid in the Foster's comic, none of this seemed to happen until much later in her life till she grew up. Or at least that's how it looked.

Cassini90125
07-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah I'm not so sure. I think most people understand the (usual) significance of prom and how important it is to your high school lives, and I think the way Frankie talked about her prom/Wilt experience shows she was upset she didn't have a quote "date" to take to it.

The way Frankie talked about it, she kind of made it sound like taking Wilt to the prom was akin to taking your cousin or something. I think if she had geeks or guys drooling over her she'd tolerate taking one to prom just so she could go through prom by actually having a human/guy kind of date.

Plus, all this guy drooly moments Frankie's been going through from the FMD episode, to GWH, to even that kid in the Foster's comic, none of this seemed to happen until much later in her life till she grew up. Or at least that's how it looked.

I agree wholeheartedly; the prom is usually considered a big event in one's high school life, although as I mentioned elsewhere I didn't go to mine for various reasons, chief among them being no one to go with. She certainly has my sympathy on that. I don't think she was unattractive at that age but perhaps was shyer than she is now, and probably dressed more for comfort than pizzazz, as she currently does. Lonely? Yes, but not as much as we might think, if she spent a lot of time at Foster's. She would no doubt long for human companionship now and then but would certainly never lack for conversation or company.

Mr. Marshmallow
07-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I think Frankie feels more free and accepted at Foster's because she knows she doesn't have to impress or follow any standards by anyone. When Frankie dated, I think she had an insecure feeling she wasn't pretty (which is NUTS :bloocross:) and dressed like she did during her dates with Dylan.

She never felt worried about how she dressed when she went out in public to the mall, to the swap market, or how Mac and everyone else saw her. I think this is also why she loves what she does and where she is because despite the fact she's not very appreciated, she knows she is valued.

Foster's would fall apart in minutes without her, neither Madame Foster nor Mr. Herriman could run a stable anything by themselves and Frankie's love for caring for others is what makes her character truly special. I think Frankie should be more confident in accepting where she works and what she does for a living.

She's definitely brave enough to stand up for herself and her friends, I agree with her shyness in school theory and I think that may contribute to why she acts the way she does now around others.

Medikor
07-17-2007, 08:01 AM
I never even went to my prom. I just couldn't be bothered. But agree that Frankie probably saw it as a defining moment for her relations outside of imaginary friends and an opportunity to enjoy the company of "normal" people.
I really would like to learn more about Kathy and see how she and Frankie met. Maybe she befriended her in school or maybe she went to Fosters as a little girl to get an imaginary friend of her own but met Frankie instead. Some history on Kathy would certainly shed some light on Frankie's past.

Cassini90125
07-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Could be. I've occasionally thought a "Girl's night out" episode with Frankie, Kathy, and a few of her other friends might give us some insight into Frankie's past, as well as being major fun for her fans. I've always assumed that she has at least a few friends outside of the House; I'd like to meet them, learn about what kind of people they are and how they all met. :frankiesmile:

kageri
07-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, her current outfit may not be a leopard spotted tube top or anything, but it is midriff baring.... but I agree that she was probably not concerned with being popular at school and was probably well-liked by others who weren't either. I doubt she associated with the ~*~cool~*~ crowd but she's so charismatic it would be impossible for her not to have had some friends.

Howard
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I do not think Frankie belonged to any one group - but she probably got along with all of them; I think she did not delve into her life with anyone, but was outwardly genuine with whoever she would associate with.:frankiesmile:

Invader Bloo
07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Could be. I've occasionally thought a "Girl's night out" episode with Frankie, Kathy, and a few of her other friends might give us some insight into Frankie's past, as well as being major fun for her fans. I've always assumed that she has at least a few friends outside of the House; I'd like to meet them, learn about what kind of people they are and how they all met. :frankiesmile:

I'm pretty sure more than a couple. But not a lot, because of her dedication to foster's & the friends.

Mr. Marshmallow
08-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Not sure if anyone really realizes this but I was watching "Setting a president" recently and I noticed something kind of surprising about Frankie after she became president and something crucial about Mr. Herriman. Herriman has always been president and he actually never did ANYTHING.

Other then yelling at people to follow the rules and making the rules, Herriman didn't do anything since he was president and thus wasn't required to do so. When Frankie became president she did BOTH jobs. She still took care of the friends, tucked them in, gave them chores, and fed them and etc.

It was not her job to be care taker anymore, she could have easily assigned it to someone else or given it to Mr. Herriman like she suggested at the grocery store. However she did both jobs, and took care of everyone just like she did before while still remaining president of the house hold.

It's a true credit to such a fine young lady to going the extra mile and STILL helping out by doing her old job as well as running the house as president. Actually, this makes a lot of sense concerning the whole "payment" issue Frankie found out at the end of the episode. It makes a lot of sense really.

Frankie gets paid more because she DOES more, she received less as president because Mr. Herriman did jack squat as president so I finally get why she got less money as president then in her old job. You guys probably figured that out WAY before I did and if so then feel free to ignore me.

Either way, I thought it was something interesting to point out.

Cassini90125
08-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Very true, too, I hadn't thought much about it. I would guess part of the reason is force of habit; it's what she'd been doing for a long time, it's part of her routine. Another part is her caretaker mentality; she takes care of the residents because that's who she is and what she does. It just comes naturally to her; it's instinctive, maybe even compulsive on some level. Another, simpler explanation might be that she just didn't have time to hire a new caretaker. I'm sure it was on her list of things to do but she didn't get to it before she got her paycheck and used the low pay as an excuse to give Mr. Herriman his old job back.

kageri
08-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I may have mentioned this before, but I agree with Cass; for some reason I get the feeling that if Frankie wasn't caretaker anymore, while she'd enjoy her freedom at first, she'd get bored of it eventually and want to do her job again, frustrating as it can be. She doesn't have to go through that, she obviously does it because she believes very strongly in her job. So yeah, I think yelling at people and giving orders like a Vogon isn't Frankie's thing anyway. Her caretaker mentality is probably ingrained in her by now.

Ub3rD4n
08-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I think she's pretty much stuck in the position of caretaker for now, because to quote someone else on this forum (don't remember who, sorry) Madame Foster and Mr Herriman couldn't run a stable anything. Frankie just cares too much about Fosters (not to mention her grandma and Mr Herriman) to just let it go. I guess she could find someone reliable to take care of Fosters for her, but since none of us forum members exist in the Fostersverse, that'd be hard going.

Mr. Marshmallow
08-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I guess she could find someone reliable to take care of Fosters for her, but since none of us forum members exist in the Fostersverse, that'd be hard going.

Heh, now there's an interesting thought. Me personally though, I don't think I'd be able to lift a washcloth up without Frankie around.

If I'm in the Fosterverse, caretaker or not, Frankie is definitely getting a visit from me 8D.

Cassini90125
08-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Stars, I can see us showing up as a group and leaving her a bit freaked out while Bloo says, "How sweet, fresh meat", or something like that, and Eduardo shrieks "AAAAAAHHHHH! FANBOYS!!!" and plows through a wall. 8D :-[

Mr. Marshmallow
08-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Stars, I can see us showing up as a group and leaving her a bit freaked out while Bloo says, "How sweet, fresh meat", or something like that, and Eduardo shrieks "AAAAAAHHHHH! FANBOYS!!!" and plows through a wall. 8D :-[

I think as long as we don't go at it like Adam and Douglas did and have real life space out fantasies when she walks by or something, she'll be fine. I admit though I think she'll be pretty weirded out seeing a legion of people dedicated to her.

Though in the long run I think she'll find it most flattering and would accept people as individuals and not write them off as nut jobs....so long as no one like goes nuts if she touches someone and he/she goes "She touched me" or something like that.

Or...if they say she's not punk rock 8D sorry Frankie I couldn't resist.

Howard
08-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think Frankie knows what REAL punk rock is - she is not a poser, but just does not have a grasp on some of the real groups of the past.

Cassini90125
08-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Honestly, I'm not too clear on what the term means. I like what I like, from Brahms to the Beatles, and seldom worry about what genre the audiophiles classify it as.

kageri
08-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't know what it is either, but I sort of doubt orange-and-blue sneakers or anything Powerpuff Girls related qualify.

Howard
08-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Punk supposedly started in England, and New York. It was an attitude. It depended on what you listened to. Most punk rock come out of all the younger generation getting tired of Led Zeppelin, Yes, The Who, Doobie Brothers, etc., and they wanted to make their mark with their attitude, dress, and music (underground). The three most famous bands were Sex Pistols, The Damned, and The Clash. Many others would follow by the end of the '70's and into the mid- 80's (The Cramps, Dead Kennedys, Souxie and the Banshees, Corrosion of Conformity, etc.). Before I came back to my musical roots, I was in a punk band called the Strychnines.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
08-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Interesting. I've heard that the Rolling Stones are often considered by some to be the original punk band. Now they're a corporation, but that's another story. Regardless, I don't think Frankie gets to listen to a lot of music unless she has a walkman or iPod or some such thing. Keeping on top of all the cleaning in the house undoubtably requires mobility, running from one spill to the next; even a small portable stereo wouldn't really be practical. I'd assume she does most of her listening during her down time, limited though that may be.

Medikor
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Not sure if anyone really realizes this but I was watching "Setting a president" recently and I noticed something kind of surprising about Frankie after she became president and something crucial about Mr. Herriman. Herriman has always been president and he actually never did ANYTHING.

I'm sure that Mr. Harriman does his share. I bet it's just the boring stuff that would likely go over the heads of younger viewers. He was very hands on when it came to securing those "financial gifts".
He also seems to do a lot of the paper work regarding the coming and going of imaginary friends. And he obviously does some work since he was getting frustrated at the scribbles for ignoring his system. And let's not forget about how he makes sure that there is always enough money to get every resident of Fosters one gift for Christmas.
I'm not trying to say that he's more important than Frankie or viceversa but that he does do stuff to help keep the house going.
Sorry about that. We can get back to our favorite redhead now.;)

floppynoodleson666
08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
punk rock is bullcrap. not that it isn't good, but really any band at anytime can sound as generic as the Ramones, as horrible as the Sex Pistols, or as schizophrenic (in a political/musical way) as the Clash. I figure the most punk Frankie would listen to are bands on or formerly on Epitaph Records, like Rancid and Bad Religion. Otherwise she would listen to pop-punk bands.
I would like to see an actual list, sanctioned by Craig McCraken himself, of the bands Frankie likes. You know, to show us how harcore she is. Maybe she likes Crass or the Subhumans, but I would doubt it.

Medikor
08-10-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't know if they would actually make a list like that. They may leave it to the fans imagination. But I can't see them doing that for another matter: Getting the rights to use the names of real life bands on the show. They would probably just use cleaver word play, though. Like "Shmee-bay".;)

floppynoodleson666
08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
well, I don't mean as a plot point for the show, just say Mr. McCracken and I were having tea. Then I would begin discussing what kind of punk bands Frankie likes with him (among other things). Just because I'm curious. you know what I mean?

Medikor
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
well, I don't mean as a plot point for the show, just say Mr. McCracken and I were having tea. Then I would begin discussing what kind of punk bands Frankie likes with him (among other things). Just because I'm curious. you know what I mean?

Yeah I get what your saying now. I would certainly be cool to have an opportunity like that. And learning more about Frankie would make it even cooler.:D

Xroc88
09-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Every time i think of frankie the name fontane comes to my head, then i think of bioshock.

Cassini90125
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Okay, this thread has been too quiet for too long.

Given that Thanksgiving was yesterday (in my time zone, at least), I can't help but wonder what goes on in Foster's kitchen, not just on major feast days but every other day, too. I assume Frankie is more than competent at cooking and other aspects of kitchen work; she'd have to be, or someone else would be doing the job. I'm wondering what sorts of dishes she favors when preparing meals for the house; I don't recall the show touching on that too much. True, we saw a full meal in Dinner Is Swerved, but I would think that much of the time she would make relatively easy, one-dish meals, things like pasta, stew, etc. Feeding over a thousand IF's three times a day doesn't really lend itself to fancy meals; she wouldn't have the time to do it. But even a simple dish of spaghetti can have endless possibilities; I've seen, made and used many different sauces on spaghetti and other pasta shapes. What do you guys think? I'm guessing Frankie serves relatively easy meals most of the time, with fancier or more complex meals on holidays and special occasions, and probably plans most such meals as far ahead of time as she can. How about you?

Shelltoon
11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I've been trying to come up with a response all day. The best I could come up with was:

She most likely makes her meals as healthy as possible using fresh, whole wheat, and organic ingredients, but occasionally lets them slide by with a little something like Ice Cream if she feels the friends deserve a break from nutritional foods.

Mr. Marshmallow
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I think Frankie usually does cook "simple meals" like spaghetti or steaks or something. Something that doesn't require a lot of specific recipe changes or anything. Cause like Cass said, she has to cook for thousands of mouths and that includes different tastes, needs, and such and such.

I think by creating simple meals she makes it so everyone can appreciate it. Either that, or I think the IF's enjoy whatever food they can get. I mean realistically, cooking for so many people and cleaning as well, Frankie can't expected to cater every IF specific need even when she was president.

The sheer amount of responsibilities is mind boggling, such an ass load is enough to make most people mentally break down. Since were on her cooking, I wonder if Frankie had anyone teach her or did she just self taught from books or cooking shows. Another thing I wonder, what did Frankie lose belief in Santa over?

Was it just a natural sense of disbelief due to growing up, or did something happen in her life that made her think otherwise. She's clearly not against the idea of imaginary characters existing because at the end of the Christmas special, she couldn't deny the fact that Mac was right about Santa.

What do you guys think?

Medikor
11-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't think Frankie actually does any meals outside of supper/dinner. We've seen in episodes that she may just leave a variety of breakfast foods and items like cereal and juice on the table so the friends can help themselves. And lunch seems to be another case of friends providing for themselves. I think we've only seen Frankie make lunches on request.
And I think Cass is right on the money about Frankie likely making premade dinners and meals for most days. We have seen her do this in Foster's goes to Europe. I can't see anyone expecting her to actually cook big meals for the friends everyday. Maybe once or twice a week but not everyday.
I'm sure she must have a love of cooking. Madame Foster clearly likes to pass on old family recipes to her as we've seen in Crime After Crime. And I'm more than certain that she gets a kick out of seeing the friends look so happy and content with full bellies.
As for her belief/disbelief in Santa, I'm sure that her belief in him was always there, just repressed. It could have simply been a matter of hearing other kids at school say he's not real when she was younger. Another possibility could be that all the commercialism hindered her belief in the big red guy. Seeing dozens of imaginary Santa's filling out the house every year could certainly have given her doubts.
We still don't know much of her past so that could be a possibility too. By all we know her parents may have passed away, one way or another, and caused her to grow up a little too fast. It may even just be a matter of her trying to fit in with other people and trying to seem "normal" to others.

Howard
11-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Do you folks realize if Grandma Foster passes away - Frankie gets some prime real estate? I do not think it would go to Herriman, because he is not real family blood. Now a victorian style house in the pacific northwest ususally runs in the $1 million to many million mark. I bust my butt to keep two homes that I own, up. Frankie just inherits a prime house! Think about it!:frankiesmile:

Partymember
11-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Do you folks realize if Grandma Foster passes away - Frankie gets some prime real estate? I do not think it would go to Herriman, because he is not real family blood. Now a victorian style house in the pacific northwest ususally runs in the $1 million to many million mark. I bust my butt to keep two homes that I own, up. Frankie just inherits a prime house! Think about it!:frankiesmile:

wow...and i wonder if she'd get a tax break for being a non-profit charitable organization?

Cassini90125
11-25-2007, 07:19 AM
It's a good question. While I'm pretty sure Foster's is a charitable organization, the government doesn't give tax-exempt status to all charitable organizations. I have no idea whether Foster's meets their criteria or not.

Xroc88
11-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I wonder if fosters ever hired new employees or atleast tried too, looks like frankie needs some help. I know i would sign up lolz.

Howard
11-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I wonder if fosters ever hired new employees or atleast tried too, looks like frankie needs some help. I know i would sign up lolz.

I am surprised the local temp agency does not offer teenagers to work at Foster's for the holidays, or summer. I am sure Grandma, and Frankie are great to work for - Herriman would be a stickler though (as usual):mfoster:

Cassini90125
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hiring a temp worker could make for an interesting episode. I'll bet anything that they'd name the ep "Temporary Insanity". 8D

Howard
11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Hiring a temp worker could make for an interesting episode. I'll bet anything that they'd name the ep "Temporary Insanity". 8D

That would be perfect for an episode name! Just don't hire Goofturd and his friends, otherwise Frankie might definitely take a trip to the "flight deck." (The loony bin):wiltshock:

taranchula
11-26-2007, 09:15 PM

Funny you should mention that, I too was tinkering around with an idea along those lines.

Only in my version, it's a stock spoiled rich brat whom is forced to work at Foster's for community service, and of course their lack of work ethic puts them right on the top of everyone favorite red head's "you know what" list.

Mr. Marshmallow
11-26-2007, 11:06 PM
You know that'd actually be a great idea, although my guess is the episode would end up having Frankie liking the temp's work so much (or enjoying her vacation too much) that she'd want to take a long ass break from Foster's.

We all know how much she loves the place, but I can remember PLENTY of cartoon shows where characters take a break and find out its much more enjoyable then they realized. Though no temp could truly take Frankie's place.

And I don't think Frankie would WANT someone else doing her job, what do you guys think?

Ridureyu
11-26-2007, 11:39 PM

Probably, and Mr. Harriman fired them all for not doing a good enough job.

Shelltoon
11-26-2007, 11:42 PM
You know that'd actually be a great idea, although my guess is the episode would end up having Frankie liking the temp's work so much (or enjoying her vacation too much) that she'd want to take a long ass break from Foster's.

We all know how much she loves the place, but I can remember PLENTY of cartoon shows where characters take a break and find out its much more enjoyable then they realized. Though no temp could truly take Frankie's place.

And I don't think Frankie would WANT someone else doing her job, what do you guys think?

That's pretty much how it'd go for me. So many temps come in, Frankie decides to take a vacation, but the friends start to miss her badly, even though they feel she deserves a vacation. At some point, Frankie starts feeling lonely and realizes that she had so many friends at Foster's that she couldn't possibly stay on vacation any longer. So she comes back to discover the temps had pretty much been doing a terrible job, and she has them thrown out of the house and takes her job back. They could end it with the friends thanking her for her hard work.

Cassini90125
11-27-2007, 01:44 AM
One idea I like is bringing in a temp not because Frankie needs a vacation (although she certainly deserves one) but because there's extra work that month. Who knows why; maybe there's storm damage to the house (or Bloo damage) that needs to be cleaned up, an extra hundred IF's to look after when Goo has a brain spasm, whatever the reason, the next month will be a rough one. Frankie demands that Mr. Herriman hire her an assistant "Or else", waives the broom in a threatening manor, and he gives in. They end up with someone doing community service but it's not an arrogant rich brat, no; it's Terrence, who was busted for selling bootleg Coco cards. Lots of comic possibilities there as the IF's know him and conspire to make his stay at Foster's a difficult one. Frankie supervises his work and makes sure that Terrence learns about how the IF's are happy but lonely, all wanting to be adopted, some still hurting over being abandoned by their creators, and eventually he breaks down and speaks to Frankie of his own lonliness and how he feels abandon by his father. Frankie's sympathetic side comes out and we learn about her own issues in that area. They don't exactly become friends but they do understand each other a little better, and Terrence, having found a little understanding, works harder and gets the job done. Frankie arranges for Terrence to see Red and the family who adopted him and they work out their differences. The episode ends with Terrence thanking Frankie for listening and putting up with him; she smiles, pats him on the shoulder, and says, "It's what I do." Lots of comedy early in the episode, moving to something a little more poignant later on, with much of the focus on Frankie. That's Foster's at it's best. :frankiesmile:

koosie
11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
One idea I like is bringing in a temp not because Frankie needs a vacation (although she certainly deserves one) but because there's extra work that month. Who knows why; maybe there's storm damage to the house (or Bloo damage) that needs to be cleaned up, an extra hundred IF's to look after when Goo has a brain spasm, whatever the reason, the next month will be a rough one. Frankie demands that Mr. Herriman hire her an assistant "Or else", waives the broom in a threatening manor, and he gives in. They end up with someone doing community service but it's not an arrogant rich brat, no; it's Terrence, who was busted for selling bootleg Coco cards. Lots of comic possibilities there as the IF's know him and conspire to make his stay at Foster's a difficult one. Frankie supervises his work and makes sure that Terrence learns about how the IF's are happy but lonely, all wanting to be adopted, some still hurting over being abandoned by their creators, and eventually he breaks down and speaks to Frankie of his own lonliness and how he feels abandon by his father. Frankie's sympathetic side comes out and we learn about her own issues in that area. They don't exactly become friends but they do understand each other a little better, and Terrence, having found a little understanding, works harder and gets the job done. Frankie arranges for Terrence to see Red and the family who adopted him and they work out their differences. The episode ends with Terrence thanking Frankie for listening and putting up with him; she smiles, pats him on the shoulder, and says, "It's what I do." Lots of comedy early in the episode, moving to something a little more poignant later on, with much of the focus on Frankie. That's Foster's at it's best. :frankiesmile:

That was a fan-fic. You've wandered into fan-fic territory there, just short of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
Nice fan-fic Cass!
However if Terrence is de-jerkified if only a bit, the doors of chaos are flung open. Would he then become a better friend to Mac? How would that affect the Mac-Bloo partnership?

As for the Frankie background story, well there is a gap there that dosn't affect anything else in the Fosters continuum if filled. Yes there is potential for more work in the Frankie's parents area maybe comparing their ideas, behaviour or views on IFs with Frankie's and Madame Foster's. I know from experience that all sorts of inherited tendencies jump a generation. Hmmmm yes.

taranchula
11-27-2007, 08:00 AM
I agree, that Terrence working at Foster's idea would make for an awesome fan-fic or even an actual episode of the show, it contains the perfect mixture of comedy and heart.

Though if it was an actual episode, dollars to doughnuts says they'll more then likely find a way to return things to the status quo before the episode is even over.

Medikor
11-27-2007, 08:23 AM
It's a great idea, Cassini, but Koosie and Taranchula may have a point. But my biggest concern would be the show boiling down to yet another crush-fest on Frankie. But I do like the idea of Frankie somehow being a positive influence on Terrance.

Sparky
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah in that fic series I was working on about Terrence he was going to wind up working at the House for a while (starting in the stables) and being befriended by Frankie. It's fan-fic fodder. The reason I abandoned those stories is because I realised that the whole reason I even started writing them was because I had been reading too much fan-fic and not watching enough of the show. Nothing I wrote about would work well in the actual show. I've come to love the character of Terrence as he really is, and if they de-jerkified him it would basically ruin him. I do think it would be good if we could get an idea that he might improve as a person in some kind of show finale, but I don't think it should happen while the show is still going on. His character is not *meant* to be anything but a jerk; that's who he is, that's his role in the show.

Ub3rD4n
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I agree that that would be a mega-awesome-riffic fanfic!

Also, just because Terrence is tolerable wouldn't make him not a jerk. I mean, look at Bloo!

Invader Bloo
12-20-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't see Frankie befriending Terrence. It's already been established she doesn't like him, I think in the Duchess episode where she lives next door to Mac.

don Jaime
01-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Yeah, Mac's friends don't care for Terrence much and Terrence seems to have his own friends. I don't see them crossing paths.

Maybe there could be an episode where Frankie moves out to her own apartment, but comes back because she's lonely living alone. Writing for just one character without others to interact with is a big challenge, though.

Howard
01-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Frankie is too smart to move out on her own (she has an old victorian house to inherit if Madame Foster passes away - no mortgage). Terrence will have to practically walk on water to even get a "job well done" from Frankie.:frankiesmile:

WiltsAKGirl17
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I agree, that Terrence working at Foster's idea would make for an awesome fan-fic or even an actual episode of the show, it contains the perfect mixture of comedy and heart.

Though if it was an actual episode, dollars to doughnuts says they'll more then likely find a way to return things to the status quo before the episode is even over.

I'd watch this as an episode or read it as a fic. Terrence working at Foster's for ANY reason invites entertainment.

It's a great idea, Cassini, but Koosie and Taranchula may have a point. But my biggest concern would be the show boiling down to yet another crush-fest on Frankie. But I do like the idea of Frankie somehow being a positive influence on Terrance.

There is definately that point of the decision to return everything back to normal, which could be a bit of a stickier-than-pine-sap situation. But I don't necessarilly see a repeat of Frankie My Dear should Terrence work at the house for any length of time. It would be interesting to see how Frankie influences him though...

I dunno-- I'd like to see it happen, but I'm rather impartial to plot. Does that make me a hippocrite? <sp?>

Cassini90125
01-21-2008, 04:49 PM
When I dreamed up this idea the thoughts of Terrence developing a crush on Frankie or becoming "de-jerkified" never occurred to me. The former isn't consistent with either Terrence's character or the show's premise, and the latter, well, I never intended for him to become any less of a jerk; the idea was to gain a little understanding of why he's a jerk. I don't see him ever really changing in the slightest until possibly the final episode, if even then.

If anyone wants to write it go ahead but don't look at me; you know full well that if I were to write it the focus would be more on Frankie than any other character, same as the other stories I've written. After all, I am a Frankie fan, y'know. :frankiesmile:

Xroc88
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Frankie will hate terrence as much as she hates securRom or Starforce, which was waay worse than securom.

Ridureyu
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
When I dreamed up this idea the thoughts of Terrence developing a crush on Frankie or becoming "de-jerkified" never occurred to me. The former isn't consistent with either Terrence's character or the show's premise, and the latter, well, I never intended for him to become any less of a jerk; the idea was to gain a little understanding of why he's a jerk. I don't see him ever really changing in the slightest until possibly the final episode, if even then.

Yep. I figure college'll change him some, but I don't see anything happening before then.

Medikor
01-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Frankie will hate terrence as much as she hates securRom or Starforce.

I think hate is a rather strong word. I'm sure that if Terrence made an honest effort to change then Frankie, and many others at Foster's, would be willing to give him a chance.

Howard
02-01-2008, 07:19 AM
I think hate is a rather strong word. I'm sure that if Terrence made an honest effort to change then Frankie, and many others at Foster's, would be willing to give him a chance.

I think I said this before (but not sure): Terrence can walk on water, and I doubt THAT will be enough to earn Frankie's trust and respect.:wiltshock:

Xroc88
02-03-2008, 09:25 AM
If it were up to me i would have him spend a week in a max security prison, so he can taste of what life is like for trouble makers.

pitbulllady
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Wait a minute...I could have sworn that this was a "Frankie Foster Discussion Thread", so when did it mutate into a Terrence-Bashing thread? There IS a Terrence discussion thread, you know, but there are NO threads on the board devoted to bashing characters.

I will say this much though-as a veteran teacher, who has taught in the public school system now for more than two decades, and who has taught every grade level from four-year-old kindergarten through high school seniors, I have seen more than my share of "Terrences" come through the system. Most are simply troubled kids who have no guidance at home, and most DO manage to turn themselves around and grow a brain, often after finding someone to help them along the way. I can recall one student in particular who not only ACTED like Terrence; he even LOOKED like him, and if ever there was a kid that the world would label a "loser", it was him. Now, after being adopted by an uncle when he was in his mid-teens, a guy who turned his life around, he owns one of the largest automobile dealership franchises in the state. I've also seen a LOT of "Macs"-sweet, kind, smart, considerate kids that you'd think would have it made-turn into total little jerks and utter morons when they hit puberty, and wind up either killing themselves with drugs or getting shot to death before they reach the age of 18. It can go either way, folks.

pitbulllady

Lynnie
02-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Uh, that's not a pretty picture. Very sad.

Anyhoosen, back on topic, sort of, most of us have probably heard of the Valentines Day marathon on CN from 6-11. There is one Foster's eppie due to air during that time. And which one is it? Why yes, one of the best Foster's eppies ever! Our beloved FMD! :yeah: Due to air at 7:30. So Frankie will be in the spotlight for V-Day. Yay! :frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
03-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Too quiet in here, and for far too long. Talk to me, guys. :frankiesmile:

We've talked about the many mysteries in Frankie's background more than once, and there are a lot; what was her major, why doesn't she have an IF of her own, etc. No need to list them all; you know what they are as well as I do. If you could get an answer to any of these questions, which one would it be? Right now I'm thinking I'd like some info on her parents. What are their names, and where are they? Why do we never see them, or even hear about them? What do they do for a living? Are they dead, as some people have speculated? If so, how? Is Frankie their only child, or are there more?

Anyway, that's what I'm wondering about this afternoon as I look at yet another pic of her. How about you guys? :frankiesmile:

Lynnie
03-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Siblings? Wow, I've wondered about her parents, but the thought of her having siblings has never entered my mind. That would be cool. :frankiesmile:

What I've always wondered about is her junior high years. It's such a pivotal place in our lives- entering the teenage years, about to leave elementary school and start high school, the onset of puberty. I just wonder what it was like for her. What kind of friends did she have? Was she "punk rock" back then, or something else? What crazy clothes did she wear when trying to find her own sense of style? Did she wear braces? Did she have acne? What styles did she experiment with in hairstyle? How did she feel about growing up, physically as well as emotionally?

The "tweens" were such an interesting and insecure time for us all I'm sure. I've always wondered how those sensitive years treated her.

Mr. Marshmallow
03-23-2008, 07:50 PM
I really do wonder what she was like in high school. Was she particularly popular, was she once a vapid valley girl and then changed her life around to the great person she is now? Was she the lonely cute wallflower who was too shy to ask guys out? High school can be a whole different life and world for people.

I personally think her parents are dead or are missing or something that has made it seem like they are never gonna show up. I also suspect that quite possibly Frankie's parents were workaholics or had jobs that constantly required them to leave at a moment's notice, Frankie seems kind of family left out.

I get the impression she didn't spend a lot of time with her family or possibly was not on very good terms with them. Frankie seems very independent but not by nature, I think responsibility was something she was saddled with and didn't particularly want or desire. Care giving she does want, but the amount of responsibility I'm not so sure.

What I mean by that is, Frankie seems like the kind of person who gets work dumped on her on a daily basis, the fact she gets so used to it without flipping out on a frequent basis indicates either a strong tolerance for it or from my personal judgments based on her facial reactions, reluctant acceptance.

I think Frankie had to take responsibility and work onto her shoulders at a very young age, which is kind of where I still feel the dead parents theory would make sense, making her need to "grow up fast" similar to Bruce Wayne. I don't think Frankie had time to be a kid which may explain why she never had an IF.

I think this also connects to her child like behavior such as when she was in love and acted so giddy and playfully expressive, or her little "sowwy" jokes she makes with Mr. Herriman, and her cookie attack thing. They all seem like repressed signs of immaturity Frankie never got the chance to express as a kid.

Of course, this probably sounded WAY too psychologically in depth like 3 paragraphs ago. But, Cass wanted to shake things up a bit and get us thinking about Frankie, so I figured, go nuts!

Cassini90125
03-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Like you'd be the first person here to overanalyze a character. ;) What you wrote makes sense, though, and largely jibes with much of my thinking. I don't agree with the "dead parents" theory, however. It does sound good but I can't see it within the context of the show, what with it being a children's cartoon and all. My guess would be they're either workaholics or possibly beatnik/hippie sorts, not unlike Mr. Herriman in Let Your Hare Down. Maybe they spend their time following some group like the Grateful Dead around the country; Frankie, and Madame Foster for that matter, never mention them because they're an embarassment. Not a likely scenario - I think the workaholic theory is more plausible - but certainly an amusing one.

Mr. Marshmallow
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I admit it sounds grim, but then again the whole thing with Mac's father not ever showing up and everyone feeling they are divorced isn't a pleasant theory either. Even if the theory isn't very "kid friendly" I would rather they give us a grim explanation then a kid friendly one that doesn't make any sense.

When it comes to certain aspects of the show, I feel sugar coating things diminishes the material. Like in Teen Titans when the traitor Titan Terra asks Beast boy to "destroy her" for all the bad things she's done. Had they simply said "kill me" it would have preserved a truly moving and sincere emotional event.

Now obviously Frankie's parents haven't had any indication of anything about them but my point is, I hope that if there is an explanation for her folks mystery location and they HAVE an explanation that accurate but not kid friendly, I would rather have that then tainting a potential deep moment with kid jokes.

That's just the way I feel about it. If they are not dead, fine that's great, just don't feed me an explanation that is made simply to cuddle kids from reacting negatively because something serious might be involved. To put it simple: if your gonna do it, do what feels right to the character not what kids parents thinks feels right.

Xroc88
03-24-2008, 03:04 AM
The Thing i always liked about frankie is that she doesn't take junk from nobody and takes action when necessary.

But i've always wondered what her past was like?

BTW i loved her "sowwy jokes" and in the dinner episode where she is like: I have been a bad bad girl in that kiddy voice lol.

But what i also think is that the many IF at fosters don't truly appreciate for frankie of what she truly is, they probably just think of her as another maid or something, unlike wilt or mac who truly appreciate her, and she has kinda become an almost underrated character in some terms.

jekylljuice
03-24-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up already, but I think it's more-or-less reasonable to assume that Frankie is related to Madame Foster via her father, given that they both share the same surname. But then again, it wouldn't be at all out of the question for Frankie to have inherited the name from her mother's side of the family, particularly if she spent more time growing up with her grandmother than with her parents themselves.

So yeah, that's all I've got to contribute to the discussion right now. It's not much, but it's just a little observation I made.

Cassini90125
03-24-2008, 08:52 AM
That does seems to be the consensus, that Frankie's father is Madame Foster's son. I think that's the most likely scenario, although there are certainly others, some of which might make for a more interesting background for her. Hopefully we'll find out eventually. :frankiesmile:

Medikor
03-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Regarding Frankie's parents the only things that I could conclude are three potential clues:

1: Madam Foster had had a son who married and had Frankie, thus the Foster name.
2: Madam Foster had a daughter who decided to keep her last name or...
3: Madam Foster adopted Frankie herself.

Now I will admit that it has been quite a long while since I've actually watched any Foster's so my memory may be iffy. But seriously, there are so many possibilities about Frankie's parents that my brain would likely twist itself into a pretzel if I tried to think about them.8D

Cassini90125
03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
The only referrence Frankie has ever made to her parents was in Who Let The Dogs In?, when she told Mr. Herriman that her parents said there's no such things as ghosts. That's all; anything else is pretty much just speculation. :frankiesmile:

Medikor
03-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I was sure that her parents were mentioned in the first season at some point. Thanks for the reminder, Cass!:D
While it is fun to speculate on her family, I almost hope that we don't get an episode that would answer our questions. I would hate for an episode that started out well, a tip of the hat to her fans, but fumbles and ends up adversely affecting her character or image. Pretty much another "Little Peas" fiasco again but multiplied.
But I'm sure that it could be pulled off. Wilts special was handled beautifully, filling in the blanks and also letting Wilt's character grow. If they can pull off the same quality for a Frankie story than I couldn't ever ask for more.

stmonkeydoom
04-03-2008, 05:34 PM
So, I have a thought, one would imagine that when Frankie was little, she probably created an Imaginary friend of her own. Am I the only one that could see it being Duchess?

Now, this may seem unreasonable at first, but think about it. It seems to me that Frankie and duchess probably would have gotten along until Frankie had to be the one to deal with all of Duchesses complaints.

Cassini90125
04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I moved your post here because this particular subject has come up before in this very thread. Nothing personal, mind you. ;)

I think if Duchess was in fact Frankie's IF there would have been some indication of that on the show by now. Plus I like to think Duchess would have a much better attitude. While it is admittedly a possibility I think it is highly unlikely. I stand by my original theory, which is that Frankie never had an IF of her own and it's because her parents wouldn't allow her to have one. I can't prove it, but it's always felt right to me for some reason. :frankiesmile:

Lynnie
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't think Frankie ever had an IF either, simply because she grew up around so many, she never felt the need to create her own. Which also brings me to the speculation that, isn't Duchess older than Frankie? From "The Big Picture" we see that Wilt and Duchess were the first friends Madame F seemed to have taken in. And Frankie wasn't even in the pictures yet for another few years (and then appeared to be maybe 3 or 4 years old). Of course we have no proof but I always saw Duchess to be the oldest friend, maybe as old or even older than Uncle Pockets. So to sum up, I personally don't think Duchess is Frankie's IF. Although the idea that IFs are the "opposite" f their creator, it does kind of fit, heh. :frankiesmile:

stmonkeydoom
04-03-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't think Frankie ever had an IF either, simply because she grew up around so many, she never felt the need to create her own. Which also brings me to the speculation that, isn't Duchess older than Frankie? From "The Big Picture" we see that Wilt and Duchess were the first friends Madame F seemed to have taken in. And Frankie wasn't even in the pictures yet for another few years (and then appeared to be maybe 3 or 4 years old). Of course we have no proof but I always saw Duchess to be the oldest friend, maybe as old or even older than Uncle Pockets. So to sum up, I personally don't think Duchess is Frankie's IF. Although the idea that IFs are the "opposite" f their creator, it does kind of fit, heh. :frankiesmile:

A valid point. But this of course leads to another question of who is >:('s creator? I'm hopin' for trailer park trash...

Ub3rD4n
04-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by stmonkeydoom:
But this of course leads to another question of who is 's creator?

A question I'd love some screen time devoted to, but doubt will.

Frankie_4_Prez
04-11-2008, 06:46 AM
My theory is that after the scribbles incident, Frankie was much too "sowwy" to create an IF. That, or she was too worried about Herry chewing out her IF if it broke rules and whatnot.

Medikor
04-11-2008, 09:17 AM
My theory is that after the scribbles incident, Frankie was much too "sowwy" to create an IF. That, or she was too worried about Herry chewing out her IF if it broke rules and whatnot.

I could definitely see that being the case.:D

Hinata4
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I think she probably plays video games or flash games.About her work: I can't imagine Frankie siting behind a desk and signing papers *...doh...*
But I shoore like Frankie the way she is,she totaly Rocks!!! Her character is super!!! Her room looks cool. A...Mr.H surely works her hard *...doh...* ,poor Frankie,but she never gived up,you know. Am... in the edn: She is just a perfect character for me!!! :frankiesmile:

Frankie_4_Prez
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
As I was watching "Duchess of Wails" it occurred to me that the way Duchess pronounces "Frankie" in the beginning, oddly sounds very much like "Ferengi". Now I've watched zero Startrek so all I know about these creatures comes from a couple of youtube videos I watched just now (also to double-check the pronunciation), and the wikipedia article.

Seems like it's just an odd coincidence, as Frankie doesn't act the least bit profiteering and cheat-loving as the Ferengi seem to act.

Howard
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
It may have been discussed before, but I have to ask: What part of Frankie's features are endearing to you?

I love her long eyelashes, wholesome voice, and the fact she is a redhead! Oh, and how could I leave out those cute pipe cleaner legs:-*

BluebottleFlyer
05-22-2008, 02:32 AM
I can't really think of anything to say about Frankie that hasn't already been said. But strong female characters are a rarity, and it's great to see that "Foster's" has its very own. And it's good to see that she keeps on going, even if she doesn't get near enough appreciation for what she does.

And I like red hair on a woman.::D

Xroc88
05-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Do you think that if fosters ends that frankie should get her own spin-off, like she finally moves out of fosters and goes to college and we get to see her adventures and whatnot?

Or will it descend into a pit of fail?

Prutnick
05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Ooh, I would so like to see that: an episode, where somebody replaces Frankie at Fosters, while she moves out and e.g. goes to college or another job.

But I doubt it. However, it would make an interesting ending.

Mac-a-lacka
05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't know, I think Frankie is kind of fond of her job, sort of, she seems to like caring for imaginary friends, (with the exception of two.::):herriman:.)

Cassini90125
05-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Do you think that if fosters ends that frankie should get her own spin-off, like she finally moves out of fosters and goes to college and we get to see her adventures and whatnot?

Ooh, I would so like to see that: an episode, where somebody replaces Frankie at Fosters, while she moves out and e.g. goes to college or another job.

Uh, guys? She's already graduated from college:

"Wow, I heard that's a really tough major, I'm impressed! So, what do you do, now that you've graduated?"

Dylan Lee, from Frankie My Dear. :frankiesmile:

Xroc88
05-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay then how about make a spin-off show about her tryign to find her parents. If wilt goes to find his creator then why cant we see frankie trying to find her parents?

Prutnick
05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
"Wow, I heard that's a really tough major, I'm impressed! So, what do you do, now that you've graduated?"

Oh, sorry! To be honest, I heard ,,are you graduated?". Sound silly, but it's true. How much more can we learn from you about Frankie, Cassini? Sorry I haven't even cast my eye on the previous page, but did you consider writing Frankies bio or something like that?

Lynnie
05-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I like her big eyes and eyelashes. I'm also fond of hoodies, and wear them often myself. On top of that, I always liked the colors purple and green. Almost right away, I felt we had some things in common. I kind of see her as a sister. And as a sister, I wish I could help her out with all that housework and caregiving that she does. :frankiesmile:

WiltsAKGirl17
05-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmm... what do I like about Frankie? Wow, I actually have to think about this one.

I like her personality as a whole-- she's very nice, but she takes little in the way of bullcrap. She's basically everything I'm not; I suppose I agree with Lynnie-- I see a sister in Frankie. :frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
05-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Okay then how about make a spin-off show about her tryign to find her parents. If wilt goes to find his creator then why cant we see Frankie trying to find her parents?

There are still a few episodes left; we may yet learn a few more details about her background, if we're lucky. I don't honestly think a spin-off would work, though.

Oh, sorry! To be honest, I heard ,,are you graduated?". Sound silly, but it's true. How much more can we learn from you about Frankie, Cassini? Sorry I haven't even cast my eye on the previous page, but did you consider writing Frankie's bio or something like that?

I'll leave that to Craig; I can speculate all day about her background but I don't think it's my place to write a complete biography for someone else's character. I may throw in some bits and pieces of such things in my Sims story as needed but I don't want to violate canon anymore than I have to if I can avoid it. Enough people have already done that, both with the Foster's characters and those from other shows, and the results are often little more than senseless, out-of-character agenda-based wishful thinking. I don't care to do that on a public website.

Back on topic... It's not unreasonable to assume that Frankie does in fact get a vacation once in awhile, or at least a weekend off, away from the House and the rest of the residents. Where do y'all think she'd like to spend it? An island getaway, a tour of the orient, a mountain retreat, a ski resort, a cruise... all sorts of possibilities come to mind. If I had to guess I'd say she'd head for the islands; Hawaii, the Caribbean, some place like that. We know she enjoys the beach, as we saw in Squeeze The Day, and I think the steady warmth of the island climates would be a nice change of pace for her from the weather of the Pacific Northwest. Again, though, that's my thinking on the subject; what's your opinion? Where do you think Frankie would like to go relax and unwind for a week? :frankiesmile:

Mac-a-lacka
05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Let's not forget that she, Mac and the imaginary friends went to a water park.
I don't know about a week, maybe a camping trip?

WiltsAKGirl17
05-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I agree about the islands, Cassini. I think she'd enjoy a big city, too, like New York or Washington DC. I can very easily picture Frankie enjoying the variety of amusment a major city would have to offer-- museums, theater, high-end shopping (that Bloo wouldn't get her banned from), etc.

So who wants to chip in to send Frankie on a nice vacation? :-* I'll start with... <rifles through pockets> 25 cents.

Sorry, I'm being a dorkfish again... :-[

Medikor
05-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I could see Frankie enjoying the country. After the hectic and often fastpass atmosphere of Foster's, I think she would like to just slow down and enjoy some of the mellow comforts that you can find outside of the city.

Xroc88
05-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I Agree, but only if she invites one of us to tag along, OOH She is gonna vote for mE!! i just know it!!

Lynnie
05-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Haha, I can certainly imagine Frankie wanting to escape the Pacific NW. I personally love it here, but I can understand when friends of mine want to get to a warmer and sunnier place SOOO BAAADD! :P

I personally don't see her wanting to experience busy city life. Life at Foster's must be busy and complicated enough to want to visit a city that never sleeps in order to get away from it all. It might add to the stress. I see her more the self pampering type, like visiting a spa or enjoying a hotel suite in a tropical climate. Aaah, peace and quiet!

But contrary to peace and quiet, I can really see her enjoying mildly extreme sports like snow boarding, white-water rafting, bungee jumping, rock climbing and mountain biking. I can picture her getting active to release tension and stress from her every day life. And maybe releasing an occasional whoop at the adrenaline rush. Then relax in the peace and quiet when the day is over. Yeah, I can see her taking a vacation like that. :frankiesmile:

Mac-a-lacka
05-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I can kind of picture Frankie horse back-riding.:frankiesmile:
Or maybe a trip to Europe.8D

WiltsAKGirl17
05-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I can kind of picture Frankie horse back-riding.:frankiesmile:
Or maybe a trip to Europe.8D

Ooh, nice one. (Does anyone recall Frankie's reaction when they all got home from the airport after Mac "lost" their tickets in FGTE? I don't.)

Horseback rading would be good for her, too.

Mac-a-lacka
05-26-2008, 06:50 AM
Ooh, nice one. (Does anyone recall Frankie's reaction when they all got home from the airport after Mac "lost" their tickets in FGTE? I don't.)

(Shouting) Grandma, we're home!:frankiemad:
Barging through the door rather upset.

But she's also the only one who didn't scold Mac.:)

Dragonrider1227
06-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd like to take her to Disney World, but then that's my answer to everything 8D

Hinata4
07-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I'd take Frankie to a camp, or something. I don't know, but I thing she'd like it :frankiesmile: .

L.G.
07-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Okay then how about make a spin-off show about her trying to find her parents. If wilt goes to find his creator then why cant we see Frankie trying to find her parents?A spin-off for Frankie? I don't see why not: there's talk about a Billy and Mandy spin-off. I'd love to see a spin-off that's focused on Frankie.

Cassini90125
07-04-2008, 03:20 PM
It's a doable idea but it assumes that Frankie's parents are missing. We don't know that, or anything about them at all, really. For all we know they could be living just down the street and simply not be on speaking terms with Frankie. I'm hoping that we'll get more details about her parents, and other aspects of her background, in the few remaining episodes. There are too many mysteries surrounding my favorite character; I want some answers. :frankiesmile:

L.G.
07-04-2008, 06:59 PM
It's a doable idea but it assumes that Frankie's parents are missing. We don't know that, or anything about them at all, really. For all we know they could be living just down the street and simply not be on speaking terms with Frankie. I'm hoping that we'll get more details about her parents, and other aspects of her background, in the few remaining episodes. There are too many mysteries surrounding my favorite character; I want some answers. :frankiesmile::oNot on speaking terms?? What could Frankie have done that her parents won't speak to her??

Xroc88
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM
She Probably owned them with her awesomeness.

Cassini90125
07-04-2008, 07:49 PM
:oNot on speaking terms?? What could Frankie have done that her parents won't speak to her??

I didn't state it as a fact, only as a possibility. It's speculation; as I've said, we simply have no information about her parents or the current state of Frankie's relationship with them, if any. During the course of the series she's mentioned them only once, in Who Let The Dogs In?, and all she said about them was that they told her there's no such things as ghosts.

We've discussed this topic before but with the show winding down there's the possibility that we may finally get some answers; if so, I'm willing to bet we'll get them in the series-ending movie, which would be a good place for a lot of loose ends to be tied up. Either way, it couldn't hurt to take another look at the subject of Frankie's parents here and now. What does everyone think? Are Frankie and her parents on speaking terms? Are they estranged? If so, why? Or have we never seen them for no reason other than the writers never having gotten around to writing about them? My own feeling is that there's some degree of estrangement between them, and I think it's related to her work at Foster's. I have long believed that the reason Frankie doesn't have an Imaginary Friend is because her parents wouldn't allow her to have one (for whatever reason); having been denied one of her own, she went to work at Foster's to take care of everyone else's IF's and make sure they get adopted so that other kids might have what she never had herself. There could be some lingering resentment over all that on both sides. That's my belief, anyway, at least the basics of it; there are many other possibilities, ranging from sensible to ridiculous. (One theory I heard in the ridiculous category was that Frankie works at Foster's because a judge sentenced her to do community service there. Possible, but highly unlikely.)

Okay, I'm done rambling. What do the rest of you think? :frankiesmile:

L.G.
07-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I doubt there's bitterness between Frankie and her parents: I fear that her parents may actually have passed away when she was very young. Sad yes, but IMO, why else haven't we heard from them or Frankie's grandpa for that matter?

Cassini90125
07-04-2008, 08:20 PM
That is a possibility. It's likely that Madame Foster's husband is gone but I don't think that's the case with her parents, mostly because I doubt Cartoon Network would want the subject of dead parents brought up in a children's cartoon. It could make for a powerful storyline but the execs aren't likely to see it that way.

Lynnie
07-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Regarding Frankie's parents, the way I always saw it was that for some reason or other they couldn't care for her, so Madame F gained custody of her. Perhaps one of them is deceased, and the other just wasn't responsible enough to care for a child by themselves. So the state handed her over to her grandmother instead. I've also entertained the thought of them living on the other side of the country, and Madame F wanted to "show off" her IFs to her granddaughter when she was little. Frankie loved it there so much, she asked to stay, and vacations just to visit turned into a permanent residence sometime during her teen years, perhaps when she started middle school or something. As for why her parents have been mentioned really only once in the entire history of the show so far, it's possible she wasn't very close to her parents and, not that she has any remorse or anything, she simply doesn't think about them much, and in turn doesn't bring them up. Madame F isn't in the show enough I don't think for us to really expect her to bring them up, although she may bring them up "off camera".

And as for why Frankie never had an IF herself, my thoughts have always been that she spent so much time at Foster's, whether visiting or actually living there, to feel the need to imagine up one of her own. :frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
For those interested, one of the things I asked Craig about at the Con this year was the nagging question of what Frankie's college major was. Surprisingly, he told me that they never picked one. So I guess we can keep speculating until doomsday, but none of us will be completely right or wrong. I'm going with social work, for now, anyway; it's a difficult major, as Dylan noted, it's a pretty good fit for her, and several people I know who went into that field have similar personalities. But in truth her major could be something completely unrelated, like mathematics or agriculture. We'll likely never know for sure.

I also learned that Frankie's natural father is in fact Madam Foster's son, as most people have assumed, so ideas about her being an Imaginary Friend herself or adopted or an alien can safely be thrown out.

Xroc88
07-30-2008, 04:02 PM
For those interested, one of the things I asked Craig about at the Con this year was the nagging question of what Frankie's college major was. Surprisingly, he told me that they never picked one. So I guess we can keep speculating until doomsday, but none of us will be completely right or wrong. I'm going with social work, for now, anyway; it's a difficult major, as Dylan noted, it's a pretty good fit for her, and several people I know who went into that field have similar personalities. But in truth her major could be something completely unrelated, like mathematics or agriculture. We'll likely never know for sure.

I also learned that Frankie's natural father is in fact Madam Foster's son, as most people have assumed, so ideas about her being an Imaginary Friend herself or adopted or an alien can safely be thrown out.

hahah frankie an alien? I lol'ed.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
hahah frankie an alien? I lol'ed.:frankiesmile:

It was one of the sillier theories about her background, yeah. Don't recall where I read it, though. I don't think anyone other than the loon who dreamed it up ever believed it. ::)

Medikor
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I think Frankie being an imaginary friend would make more sense than an alien. I could see a very lonely and neglected child thinking up a loving and thoughtful individual like her, but an alien? That may just be thinking a little too hard.;)

Xroc88
07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
I really don't think frankie's a IF, i would want her to be a human like us.

Howard
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
There is only one Frankie (who had a father), and an IF Frankie (CN Comic story), and that's it! :frankiesmile:

Medikor
07-31-2008, 10:24 AM
I wasn't saying that she is an IF, just that there are more likely theories than her being an alien. I'm with you guys that Frankie's all human.:D

Mr. Marshmallow
08-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I find it laughable that the even remote possibility or thought of Frankie being more "likely" to be an alien or an imaginary friend simply because there's so much mystery behind her life. I mean, I think that's really putting too much thought into her life and just trying to come up with something totally outrageous.

I think Frankie is as simple and sweet and good natured as the honest person I have always seen when I watched the show. While there may be loads of twilight zone sounding scenarios behind her and her parents lack of reference, I don't think there is the slightest doubt that she is who she is: Frankie Foster.

I don't think she's a ghost, alien, imaginary friend or anything of the sort. As far as her parents go, I always stood by the whole death issue but I'm aware that's perceived as too negative for a kids show. Though I do disagree personally. A thought just came to me, what if Frankie's parents divorced and left her?

Like maybe neither one could come to a child visitation agreement, or maybe they were arguing and Frankie ran away from home. Madame Foster could have been seen as a kind of safeguard or escape from all the arguing and fighting. I understand this sounds a bit extreme cause this is Frankie after all.

However, I personally don't see why Frankie's parents can't be "bad" parents simply because she's so sweet. There are plenty of people who come from crappy families or from rotten parents and turn out great. I mean, Frankie has literally made NO mention or reference to them at all outside that ONE "Who let the dogs out" episode.

No reunions, no mail, no e-mail, no calls, no visits, nothing. Maybe her and her parents had a horrible falling out and they never wanted to see each other again. That might explain Frankie's sense of responsibility, maybe she strived to have something her parents never gave her or make up for lost time.

I also feel Frankie has a real sense of loneliness. Outside of the imaginary friends, we never hear any mention of her friends or buddies outside of Kathy and her infamous failed date with Dylan. Which to me makes me want to know even more about her, particularly how such a wonderful lady could be so lonely and especially how could she hide so much about her from everyone.

pitbulllady
08-03-2008, 09:02 AM
It's really unusual for parents to divorce, and NEITHER of them get custody of the kid(s), unless there is a lot more to it than that. If there are issues like drug abuse, or child abuse by both parents, a court will award custody to a relative, or, none suitable being available, the state. Those situations do not happen often, though. Most of the time, either one parent will get full custody, or they'll share custody. There is a tendency among the courts to award custody to the mother unless she can be proved unfit or does not WANT custody. I tend to stick with the theory that something bad happened to Frankie's parents, like a car accident in which both were killed, perhaps. She's only mentioned them once, in "Who Let the Dogs In", and her memories of them do not seem to indicate that they were drug addicts or abusive but were, in fact, caring parents who tried to comfort and reassure a young child who was scared of ghosts. There's been no other mention of them, or anything to indicate that Frankie visits with or talks to at least one of them. We know that she's lived with her grandmother since she was around five or six years old, from the photos in "The Big Picture", so something happened to both parents between the time they told her that there was no such thing as ghosts, and her coming to live permanently with her grandmother.

pitbulllady

Mr. Marshmallow
08-03-2008, 10:05 AM
My point was merely to take a note to bring up other possibilities that are usually ignored because they'd be "negative" for a kids show. I also believe something bad happened to Frankie's parents but if she's not too cracked up to talk about them if they are dead, I don't see how drug or bad parents would be any different.

I know its unusual for neither parent to get a child in a divorce, but it DOES happen. I was just trying to bring up a possibility that is possible and is usually greeted with implausibility simply because its more grim or negative in nature. That's all.

I figured after the alien and imaginary friend theory was brought up, a little reality based theory wouldn't be so bad, even if it was associated with more negativity.

Medikor
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I think Frankie is as simple and sweet and good natured as the honest person I have always seen when I watched the show. While there may be loads of twilight zone sounding scenarios behind her and her parents lack of reference, I don't think there is the slightest doubt that she is who she is: Frankie Foster.

That is a perfect way to describe her and her unexplained past, Mr.M! I couldn't have said it better myself.:D

L.G.
08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Thought I changed gears a bit. I've been wondering...if Frankie wasn't driving the bus, and Madame Foster allowed Frankie to get a car of her own, what would she drive?

Cassini90125
08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Hmm... not something I can really answer; all cars look pretty much alike to me. 8D I would guess it would depend on her budget to a large extent but other than that I think she'd lean more towards practical rather than flash.

Lynnie
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I can easily picture Frankie dreaming of a sporty car, perhaps a convertible, but when it comes to actually making the choice, I too can only picture her with a reliable convenient car rather than one to show off. In fact, I can almost see her teasingly mocking her grandma for driving a Firebird. :P But when it comes to the car she herself choses to drive, I see a coup or maybe an SUV- something dependable with room enough for a number of friends (whether human or imaginary), and yet "young", without being too flashy.

L.G.
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
IMO...maybe she would like a convertible, but in reality she'd own an older subcompact because of her potentially limited budget.

Cassini90125
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
This is a reminder that this is a discussion thread, not a role-play thread. And I fail to see the point of posting a large, garish test pattern pic. :frankiemad:

Medikor
08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I could see Frankie getting a VW beetle, myself. ;) Anyway, I was feeling pretty miserable this morning. I just felt terrible and had to lay myself down on the couch and just started flicking through the channels. Before long I came across Foster's, "Bus the two of us", to be precise. What happened next was pure serendipity.
I happened to chance onto an episode that Frankie was lovingly nursing others to health. I swear it was like she was right there offering me soup and passing me smiles to cheer me up. When the show was over I felt loads better. I guess a dose of Foster's and a teaspoon of Frankie were just what the doctor ordered because it really did me a world of good.:D

Howard
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I thought I would bump this up again. I have been watching past episodes to gear myself up for the final push. I have been waiting with baited breath since August, for the follow-up of "Bloo Superdude." I heard Frankie is going to be in a bad costume, and an attitude to boot. While I like the "sweet" Frankie, I like to see the "sassy" Frankie. A Frankie with a ''tude." When I see our beloved redhead, I too feel so much better.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
You heard correctly. She'll be cast in the role of a supervillain in a mostly black costume. The preview we saw at the Con was pretty funny. I have no idea what the airdate is but it's probably in December. :frankiesmile:

Howard
11-08-2008, 05:44 PM
You heard correctly. She'll be cast in the role of a supervillain in a mostly black costume. The preview we saw at the Con was pretty funny. I have no idea what the airdate is but it's probably in December. :frankiesmile:

Can Frankie really play a villian? She may be frazzled (from that darn rabbit), but her heart is huge. Additionally, in order to be a good villian, you have to have social graces. Frankie is a social mongoloid (no offense dear); just refer to her date with Dylan on FMD. She is just too darned sweet!:frankiesmile:

Lynnie
11-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I can see her being a villain from Bloo's perspective, since she's usually the one keeping him from the hi jinks he'd like to pull. And since this new episode is going to be another about "Bloo the Superdude", my guess is the story is again told from Bloo's perspective. :bloosmirk:

Cassini90125
11-08-2008, 06:42 PM
The clip we saw at the Con was from Bloo's perspective. In his mind, he's the Bloo Superdude, who Frankie has captured and is torturing; in reality, he's sick in bed and she's trying to take care of him. Ingrate. :frankiemad: 8D

As I've said, the clip was hilarious, and the outfit Bloo imagines Frankie wearing is a far cry from the "Frankie fairy" outfit from the previous Bloo Superdude episode, or any other outfit she's ever worn. Looks like it'll be a fun episode. Don't ask me about the airdate, though, as I don't know. Sometime in December, I presume. :frankiesmile:

frankie_fan
11-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm just waiting for the outfit! Seriously, I just wanna see how she looks! :frankiesmile: 8D

Howard
11-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm just waiting for the outfit! Seriously, I just wanna see how she looks! :frankiesmile: 8D

You and me both! I wonder if it is one of those "skin tight" outfits like on the Incredibles.:D:frankiesmile:

frankie_fan
11-08-2008, 07:22 PM
A bit risky there, but I'm willing to say I hope so! :bloogrin:

Cassini90125
11-08-2008, 07:24 PM
There's more to Frankie than what she's wearing, dudes. ;)

I did check YouTube to see if anyone had taped the clip and posted it but apparently Con security was very good this year. We'll see the episode soon enough.

Howard
11-08-2008, 07:33 PM
A bit risky there, but I'm willing to say I hope so! :bloogrin:

If it is being told from Bloo's perspective, it safe to say Bloo is a pervert!8D

There's more to Frankie than what she's wearing, dude. ;)

I did check YouTube to see if anyone had taped the clip and posted it but apparently Con security was very good this year. We'll see the episode soon enough.

Drat! I was going to check YouTube next1::)

Cassini90125
11-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I doubt he thinks that way. In any case this is starting to sound like a conversation better suited to the Appreciation thread, so let's watch ourselves, m'kay? ;)

frankie_fan
11-08-2008, 07:38 PM
There's more to Frankie than what she's wearing, dudes. ;)

I know! :frankiesmile: 8D

L.G.
11-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm having a tough time picturing Frankie with an evil laugh, even in her villainous role in the upcoming Bloo Superdude episode.

Sparky
11-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm getting tired of the "I can't wait to see Frankie's hot new outfit" and "Frankie could never ever have a single bad thought in her angelic head" posts. They need to go in the appreciation thread, period. :wiltyeahright:

And seriously, like Cass said, Frankie's role as a villain in this ep is all in Bloo's (quite possibly feverish) head. If you fanboys don't want to take her villainous behavior in the story as canon, guess what - unless she does it outside Bloo's imagination you won't have to. So chill. (Of course, the outfit's not really canon either in that case.)

Keij
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Haha, I rather didn't like the outfit myself. 8D

It was very skimpy. And Craig said he didn't like porn of his characters being drawn. :jk:

The Huntsman
12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Haha, I rather didn't like the outfit myself. 8DBesides, the outfit at the very end of the episode was much better.

Keij
12-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Yes, I agree. :P

Ridureyu
12-13-2008, 09:05 PM
just about everyone gets a turn as a villain in this show (still waiting on Wilt and Ed, though). It's okay:bloogrin:

taranchula
12-14-2008, 03:53 AM
just about everyone gets a turn as a villain in this show (still waiting on Wilt and Ed, though). It's okay:bloogrin:

Sorry to go off topic again, but Wilt already did do the villain thing in "Make Believe it or Not."

Ridureyu
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks. And I guess you can count Ed during the flea business.

Sparky
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Spoiler for the new Bloo Superdude ep that hasn't aired yet:

My memory's a little hazy, but I think that Ed appears as a monster in this ep.

Keij
12-29-2008, 04:20 AM
Everyone appears as a monster in this episode, except Coco, who appears as a cow. I think it's because she's already messed up IRL, so she becomes something normal in Bloo's imagination.

Anyway, back on topic;
I wonder what her major was in college. She's very smart, so maybe she went for Political Science or something.

She might have something to do with Psychology, considering she understands friends on more than just a basic level.
"Bloo just needed his ego stroked, and Eduardo just needed some confidence!" :frankiesmile:
But then again, maybe that's just the natural caretaker in her speaking. ::)

Cassini90125
12-29-2008, 07:29 AM
I wonder what her major was in college. She's very smart, so maybe she went for Political Science or something.

She might have something to do with Psychology, considering she understands friends on more than just a basic level.

But then again, maybe that's just the natural caretaker in her speaking. ::)

I asked Craig about that at the Con this past July:

I also learned that Frankie's natural father is in fact Madame Foster's son, as most people have assumed, so ideas about her being an Imaginary Friend herself or adopted or an alien can safely be thrown out.

I found out a few other things as well but that's another story. Psychology's not a bad fit for her personality but again, we'll probably never know for certain. :frankiesmile:

dieddead46
12-30-2008, 05:50 AM
I asked Craig about that at the Con this past July:

I found out a few other things as well but that's another story. Psychology's not a bad fit for her personality but again, we'll probably never know for certain. :frankiesmile:

I'd say psychology would definitely be the best fit for her, it makes a lot of sense in episodes like Destination Imagination, where she helps out multiple friends by realizing what their needs are.

Is it just me that's noticed this, but Frankie comes across as a bit of a cartoon, sci-fi fan? In "Nightmare on Wilson Way" we see her dressed as Tank Girl (drawn by Jamie Hewlett of Gorillaz fame),

Barbarella in "The Bloo Superdude and The Great Creator of Everything's Awesome Ceremony of Fun That He's Not Invited to", there are probably more references that I haven't picked up on, but those are a few.

Cassini90125
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
This long overdue post is for those of you who haven't been reading the overblown epic I've been writing in the Sims thread. :bloocross:

As I mentioned earlier, while at the 2008 Con I asked Craig a few questions about Frankie. I haven't told y'all everything he told me, however, and I'm sorry about that. I've always had a habit of witholding info, and for personal reasons I wanted to reveal it in the Sims thread. The story there is mine but it's based in part on what Craig told me. But since not all of you follow that thread I'm posting the facts here as well.

I had asked Craig about some things that were little more significant than Frankie's college major; one such thing was the lingering question about why Frankie didn't have an Imaginary Friend of her own. There were a lot of theories about that; mine had always been that her parents, for whatever reason, wouldn't allow her to have one. As it turns out, I was partially right; Frankie did indeed want her own IF but her parents didn't want her to have one. She created one anyway.

Yes, Frankie does have an Imaginary Friend of her own. I'll let you imagine how surprised I was to hear that. As Craig tells it, Frankie's parents were not happy with Madame Foster's work and what she was doing with the House; he left me with the impression that they didn't consider it socially acceptable. Being a child, Frankie didn't care about such things so she created an IF anyway, a very small one ("Not Peas!" Craig added, no doubt seeing an "Oh, no" look forming on my face), which she could hide easily. And sadly, she lost it. Lost IFs go to Foster's, she reasoned, so Frankie started hanging around the House and, eventually, ended up working there. Not as altruistic a reason as doing the job out of the goodness of her heart but it makes sense, and it speaks volumes about her dedication to her Imaginary Friend.

There were some other details too, but that's the real story, from Craig himself. The truth is, Frankie is not at the House because of any of the usual reasons the fans dream up. She has no romantic interests in any of the other characters, nor they in her, she isn't working to pay off college debts, she isn't doing community service, and she isn't an Imaginary Friend herself. Nor is she there because she loves the work, although she does love her job. No, in the end, Frankie is at Foster's because she is hoping that, someday, her little lost Imaginary Friend will find her way home. :frankiesmile:

Again, sorry I didn't post this back in August of 2008. As I said, I had my reasons.

My thanks to Craig for clearing all that up for me once and for all. :frankiesmile:

taranchula
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fan-fiction writers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. :bloogrin:

That's an interesting bit of information, I wonder if Frankie's back story will come into play during one of the last couple of episodes or it's just something Craig had come up with to give Frankie's character a little more color but for whatever reason, was never intended be used? (That happens a lot in the creative process.)

Cassini90125
02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I asked about that; he told me that the subject of Frankie's Imaginary Friend won't be covered in the remaining episodes. That's why I wrote the current Foster's Valley story; if the show was going to address that subject I wouldn't have touched it, as I'd end up violating canon, which I'd rather avoid.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fan-fiction writers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. :bloogrin:

8D Classic. :up:

jekylljuice
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Which is why I'm pretty much waiting for the few remaining episodes to air before I get properly started with writing my own Foster's fan fic...it's a great advantage when you actually know the entirety of what you have to work with. Not that I expect the canon to ever at any point address any of the stuff which I'm interested in writing about, but you never know.

Anyway, sorry to deviate off-topic there. Thanks for sharing that information with us, Cass; it's good to have that age-old mystery (well, dating all the way back from 2004) finally solved. :frankiesmile:

Lynnie
02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Some great info, thank you for finally, finally sharing it with us! :bendy:

Hehe, I'm teasing you, no worries on it being late. Honest. Cross my heart and hope to die. :frankiesmile: I'm interested in hearing she did indeed have an IF, and that he was tiny, so he could live in a doll house. I'm seeing a lot she and I have in common, as one of my imaginary friends had the "power" to shrink in size, and also lived in a doll house. ;) I found that pretty cool. I was a loner much of my childhood too, and once I got into my tweens, having IFs got me ridiculed by my peers. Sadly, it was then, when I was 12, that I decided to say good bye to them. They'll always have a special place in my heart though. Aw, I think I feel an even bigger connection to Frankie now. We're sisters in spirit. :frankiesmile:

Lynnie
02-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Why must I double post, why??

Well, there's a new banner for the ToonZone CN forums which was created last year, and for some reason has yet to make an appearance on the actual page, since the current banner is way out of date. And among the characters making a mark on it, for Foster's, it's not Bloo or Mac, or Ed or Wilt, Mr. H or Madame F. It's not even Cheese! It's Frankie! :frankiesmile:

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cnmenu3cov4.swf

Creamy
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
It's a shame Fosters ended before there was time for that story to be revealed...I wonder what her friend looks like, or if they will ever find Frankie again for that matter.......

Mr. Marshmallow
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
She has no romantic interests in any of the other characters, nor they in her, she isn't working to pay off college debts, she isn't doing community service, and she isn't an Imaginary Friend herself.

Truthfully, I never once thought about that ridiculous notion that Frankie was an IF. I mean she has a grandmother and a family history and stuff like that, acknowledging her parents and stuff so to me that was a ridiculous notion to begin with. However, it was nice of Craig to finally spill the beans on the whole imaginary friend issue with Frankie. Truthfully I would have liked to hear about her parents more.

But hey, what you get is what you get and special thanks to you Cass for taking the time and initiative to ask Craig and tell us. Though this info does come from the horse's mouth, I kind of disagree with the idea that no characters on the show harbor any romantic feelings for Frankie *nudge nudge, wink wink* Mac anyone?

I find it hard to fathom Mac doesn't have romantic feelings for Frankie, especially after that "dare" episode. Perhaps he's too young to know what love and romance is being a kid but I'd say considering the way he acts around her, the obvious look of concern and emotional shakiness when he was asked to tell Frankie, and the fact he has continuously showed this through out several episodes, I'd say its pretty close to romantic feelings.

Granted, nothing will come of it and again Mac may not understand it fully but I'd say what he knows if enough to know that is some kind of love for Frankie, be it misguided or otherwise.

Cassini90125
06-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Close, perhaps, but not quite the same thing. After all, he's only eight. In hindsight I wish I'd asked a couple of questions about him (like what his last name is) but at the time I was more interested in dealing with other issues once and for all. There's still more to learn about Frankie, of that I'm certain, but I didn't want to monopolize Craig's time. Best to step aside and let the next guy at the booth talk to him. Besides, I got what I wanted, and more. :frankiesmile:

Howard
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Close, perhaps, but not quite the same thing. After all, he's only eight. In hindsight I wish I'd asked a couple of questions about him (like what his last name is) but at the time I was more interested in dealing with other issues once and for all. There's still more to learn about Frankie, of that I'm certain, but I didn't want to monopolize Craig's time. Best to step aside and let the next guy at the booth talk to him. Besides, I got what I wanted, and more. :frankiesmile:

Heck, I will be happy enough if Craig does me a small drawing of Frankie, and I get a picture with both him and Lauren - my mission would be complete.:frankiesmile:

PeterFoster111
07-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I cannot believe the look on frankie in the end of Apotcalypse Now. She diden't care when Mac and Bloo were tied up by Wilt! EVVVVVVVIIIIIIIILLLLL!!!L! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! :blooevil: Most scary scene ever!

:D - "Sorry, but this hurt me more than it hurt you!"
(frankie smiles,:frankiesmile: herriman has common look on his face :herriman:)

Sparky
07-11-2009, 06:20 PM
There was no reason for this single comment to have its own thread so I merged it with this one.

Lynnie
07-11-2009, 08:03 PM
There was a discussion between Lauren and another fan on her Facebook page earlier this week about Frankie's parents, and I wanted to share it with the rest of the forum so I asked her if I could pass it along. She gladly approved. :frankiesmile: She said there was an idea for a movie centered around Frankie's family, but it got bumped for the others.

Originally posted by Lauren
I did some sketches of her parents and her older sister. Quite honestly, we never thought about Madame Foster's husband. Nothing was ever defined.

I can barely remember, but I think Frankie's family was visiting for Thanksgiving. Her Dad and her family doesn't like Imaginary Friends, and Frankie wasn't allowed to have them as a kid. Her older sister had a toddler son (who was not allowed IFs) and Bloo and the gang had to babysit him. I can't remember where it led from there. The idea was supposed to be like a kid who's not allowed to watch TV suddenly being exposed to it and loving it.

And interesting detail was that there was some competition between Frankie's Dad (Mme F's son) and Herriman. Herriman razzed him like an older brother.

So now we know Frankie does indeed have parents, and they're alive. She also has a sister and a nephew, so Frankie is an aunt! I thought that was very interesting. It would have been a great movie too if it had come to be. Perhaps it would make a great reunion special one day, at least in part. :frankiesmile:

taranchula
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
That sounded pretty awesome, a shame it never came to be. The so called "sibling rivalry" between Frankendad and Herriman was simply fraught with so much comedic potential, that the mere thought of it alone, is enough to bring a smile to my lips.

Oh well as Lynnie said, maybe one day we can see this all play out in some kind of reunion special or if that isn't possible I would love to see a brilliant mind tackle that issue in some kind of fan ficy type thing.

Cassini90125
07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Another piece of the puzzle falls into place (and so much for that ridiculous "dead parents" theory). That would've made an excellent movie, too; I'd love to have seen how she gets along with the rest of her family, how they'd react to Bloo (or Cheese, for that matter), and whether or not she'd tell them about her own missing Imaginary Friend. Mr. Herriman vs. her father would've been a riot to see, not to mention her nephew's meeting with Bloo and the gang. They've got to use some of this in a reunion special! :frankiesmile:

Howard
07-11-2009, 08:35 PM
This is definitely a surprise - and a pleasant one knowing a little more about Frankie. Sounds like Mr. Foster is a real insensitive jerkface (sorry ORD), with no emotions or soul. I am so glad Frankie gets her child like behavior from her "granny." If I had a family like that - I would have left them ages ago.

Lynnie
07-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't really see her family as being that insensitive or mean. Stubborn perhaps. I mean, I'm picturing Mr. Foster growing up with Mr. Herriman as an "older brother" as Lauren put it, being bossed around much like Mr. H does with Frankie now. Her dad became to think that IFs would all be like Mr. H, and nothing but a bother. I can see why he wouldn't want his daughters to have IFs so he'd have to deal with them even after he had moved out of his mother's house and had his own family. I can certainly see him with a sensitive side. It's just turned off when concerning IFs after what he went through during childhood.

Howard
07-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't really see her family as being that insensitive or mean. Stubborn perhaps. I mean, I'm picturing Mr. Foster growing up with Mr. Herriman as an "older brother" as Lauren put it, being bossed around much like Mr. H does with Frankie now. Her dad became to think that IFs would all be like Mr. H, and nothing but a bother. I can see why he wouldn't want his daughters to have IFs so he'd have to deal with them even after he had moved out of his mother's house and had his own family. I can certainly see him with a sensitive side. It's just turned off when concerning IFs after what he went through during childhood.

Maybe I should have backed off on her dad. But I feel anyone who is not a friend of IF's - is not a friend of mine!;)

Cassini90125
07-11-2009, 09:22 PM
You've read my take on Frankie's dad in the Sims thread. That version fits pretty well with what else we know. Mr. Herriman "razzing" him doesn't strike me as necessarily bossy, though; it sounds more like teasing, like what I did with my younger brother. It might suggest that Mr. Herriman has a more playful side that we don't get to see.

PeterFoster111
07-12-2009, 12:24 AM
It's a shame Fosters ended before there was time for that story to be revealed...I wonder what her friend looks like, or if they will ever find Frankie again for that matter.......

Sparky made up a friend in the text adventure game "Cheese, go home!" called Kathy. Herriman won't let her go to the fair if she can't get Cheese to go away before 6:00.

jekylljuice
07-12-2009, 01:21 AM
That was interesting information, Lynnie, thanks for sharing. Actually, what particularly stood out there for me was the line about Madame Foster's husband, and about how no thought was ever given to him. I don't know if I've ever said this before, but I've always had a very hard time actually picturing Madame Foster ever being married to a human man. For all intents and purposes, Mr. H appears to be her significant other - which is NOT to suggest that I see them as being in anyway romantically involved, just that they're a very tight, functional couple, and it's hard to picture a third individual fitting into that. True, Madame Foster does have a son, but that in itself isn't proof that she ever had a husband at any point. In my mind, I guess he'll always be this phantom figure who kind of exists and yet kind of doesn't at the same time.

As for Frankie's parents, I see them as being kind of like parents who won't allow their to children keep pets. It may seem like a pretty mean thing to enforce if it's something that the child really wants, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad people.

Cassini90125
07-12-2009, 01:34 AM
From the show's opening credits:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/Cassini90125/portrait.jpg

Note the picture next to Mr. Herriman. There has been some speculation that the person in the pic might be Madame Foster's husband. I don't know if it is him or not but it is a possibility.

taranchula
07-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Sparky made up a friend in the text adventure game "Cheese, go home!" called Kathy. Herriman won't let her go to the fair if she can't get Cheese to go away before 6:00.

Kathy wasn't a fan created character, she actually was mentioned in a couple of episodes (And seen for a second or two in one of them.) The first being "Frankie My Dear" and the second being "Bus the Two of Us."

In fact if you click on the link below...

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/407-0023.jpg

That is supposed to be her right there, the story goes that the character design and name is based off of one of Lauren's high school friends.

So there you have it.

From the show's opening credits:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/Cassini90125/portrait.jpg

Note the picture next to Mr. Herriman. There has been some speculation that the person in the pic might be Madame Foster's husband. I don't know if it is him or not but it is a possibility.

Either it's Mr. Foster or Madame Foster had somehow acquired the portrait of Dorian Gray.