PDA

View Full Version : Fosters Short ~ Penpal

Kale
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Just watched this one now, you can catch it here if you haven't already.

http://www.supercartoonnetwork.co.uk/page/Fosters/0,,12354~1010202,00.html
I'm not sure if non-European user can watch it though, you know how region unfriendly cartoon network is.

I loved this one ^^ "Loves talking about the weather? It must be the Queen!"

pitbulllady
04-24-2007, 10:15 AM
"She's gonna like ME so much she's gonna make ME a KNIGHT....of FRANCE!"

Yeah, I can see those at least; thanks for the link!

pitbulllady

"C" the Dragon
04-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Another one I can't see. I need to upgrade something.:( In other words, I'll just wait for it to come on youtube.:P

"C" the Dragon
04-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I finally saw it, and it's pretty good.:D

Crash-N-Cortex
04-27-2007, 07:19 PM
I seen the short, it was alright. Eduardo's penpal was an imaginary pen, who knew? Interesting short I've seen.

The Supersonic Sock
04-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah, if you watch a full episode, the sound on the theme song is awesome.

jekylljuice
04-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Penpal? "Pen Pal". Heh, good one.

Vampyre
04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
This one was great! There's only one thing I can pick at though: When Nancy first appears, she's says 'Cheers Mates' as in 'Hello Mates' but cheers doesn't mean hello, it means thank you.

montitech
04-30-2007, 02:31 PM
This one was great! There's only one thing I can pick at though: When Nancy first appears, she's says 'Cheers Mates' as in 'Hello Mates' but cheers doesn't mean hello, it means thank you.

I think its an acceptable slang for hello as well.

If the British found it offensive or that far off, would they still have posted it on CN UK?

Monty :-/

Mr. Marshmallow
04-30-2007, 06:29 PM
To be honest, I thought it well....sucked. I feel the quality of these shorts has seriously dragged down hill. They used to be interesting and funny and now they just end up providing lame and not too interesting "revelation" points.

The cranks one had a pretty good ending but I really feel that the shorts are not as grand as they used to be. I think now that Cartoon Network has made them more mainstream they seemed to lost the spark that made them witty and unique.

The Coconuts one was clever but the "end" wasn't worth the building up to it.

Kale
05-01-2007, 01:31 AM
I think its an acceptable slang for hello as well.

If the British found it offensive or that far off, would they still have posted it on CN UK?

Monty :-/

I didn't find it offensive at all, but I must say, I've never heard anyone ever use Cheers as Hello 8D

Vampyre
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I didn't find it offensive at all, but I must say, I've never heard anyone ever use Cheers as Hello 8D

I didn't find it offensive either. The only time I get offended by cartoons is when the British character is a posh snob with a stick shoved up their you know what, because, beleive me NOBODY that I know of is like that.

I haven't ever heard it as Hello either...

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Thanks for link.