PDA

View Full Version : What kind of job/career do you want?

Tonya
04-21-2007, 07:38 PM
What kind of job or career do you want?

I'm more of a career type person. I would like be either a cartoonist/author, or if that doesn't work I would like to be a computer tech. I looove computers and all that tech stuff. And I love drawing and writing. But first of how I would get there would be, I would go to college. I would pay for my expences by working as a mechanic, I choose mechanic because no women in my family no anything about cars. All the men do know about cars always have a reason why not to work on the them. Therfore, athe cars break down, it's not like anyone's rich enough to afford a mechanic, so we do without transportation ::) . But enough about me, I wanna know what kind of job/career you want.

montitech
04-21-2007, 08:07 PM
You know most Mechanics get paid better than computer Techs.
THe surplus of tech people Willing to work cheep, has driven the wages down over the past 7 years, (at least here on the East Coast) ALso computer Tech does not require a degree.

With that said there are plenty of other High Tech jobs that do require a degree and pay better. but you have to watch out for loosing your job to outsourcing.

Good luck with the cartoonist/author that takes requires all those skills I do not have, Like proper grammar, spelling and drawing.

monty :-/

Pawbah
04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I want to be supreme ruler of the universe. Does that count?
If that doesn't work, than I would really like to get into Marketing. :D

One Radical Dude
04-23-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm an IT/Computer Technology major who is trying to look for a hardware/troubleshooting/help desk position. I'm probably not going to get a better job until after July, though. It's tough to break in.

BluebottleFlyer
04-23-2007, 03:22 AM
My dream job? Cartoonist/animator/comic artist.
Realistic job? Either office work or something in retail. I'm not so sure about office work anymore, though. In fact I'm currently trying to get a job at a supermarket.

emperor26
04-23-2007, 05:45 AM
My future career that I am aiming for would be the video game industry.

I want to put many original ideas, in hopes that, one day, they'll become successful franchises in the future.

LaBloo
04-24-2007, 12:27 PM
I Have A Job As A Arthitech. But, I Rather do some Art, That's All.

Partymember
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
My career? Gonna be Army after ROTC, hopefully.

That'll give me time to write my books and have a little fun.

vinny
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
right now im a fire manipulation specialest, i teach fire spinning [poi] and work with pyrotechnics, if that counts. i'd like to stay in the entertainment feild as much as i can. i also applied at starbucks today [such a hippie child]

some guy you dont know
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
alot of things. my dream job is one i enjoy. so that goes to video game testing, video game making, and movie director.

but what id really love to do is be an artist, espically abstract art. who wouldnt want to get paid to express themselves?

Nyo
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Cartoon and/or video game voice acting plz.

Jabberwocky
04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I wanna make cartooooons. 8D

Tonya
04-28-2007, 09:02 AM
I remember when I was really little I wantd to be, it was either a nurse or docter, I can't remember, but I wanted to be one of them just to see how babies got out of their moms 8D!
I actually know a guy who works in the computer tech. feild and he makes some good money. Buuut then again he lives down in Maryland and Maryland is not a cheap place.