PDA

View Full Version : Worst U.S. Shooting ever

Pawbah
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Have you guys seen this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/

It's truly horrible. Makes me want to skip school for a while.

emperor26
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Have you guys seen this?

Heard it just recently.

I just feel sorry for those families who lost their loved ones. :(

Worst US shooting indeed.

One Radical Dude
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Have you guys seen this?

I understand, though the truth is we can't be afraid of what could happen to us all the time. Things happen in this world, and we can only do so much to keep ourselves out of danger. Anyway, a co-worker was told about it, though I said that I'd read about it when I returned home. This is definitely horrible stuff, and my thoughts and prayers go out to those that were killed or injured and their respective families.

Howard
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I understand, though the truth is we can't be afraid of what could happen to us all the time. Things happen in this world, and we can only do so much to keep ourselves out of danger. Anyway, a co-worker was told about it, though I said that I'd read about it when I returned home. This is definitely horrible stuff, and my thoughts and prayers go out to those that were killed or injured and their respective families.

I am a combat vet, and I know what it is like to dodge bullets. While I cannot stand the sight of blood - I was decorated for rescuing three wounded troops to safety. But this situation is horrible, and I feel sorry for all who were involved.:(

Imaginary Light
04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I heard about it. It's horrible. And now some smart aleck in my school wants to "top" it, and he's planning on "shooting everyone" in my school on Friday. The teachers called a last minute conference after school today about that. People with that kind of attitude disgust me.

LaBloo
04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Very Horrible. Just Like Columbine, just worst.

kageri
04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
This is truly horrible, and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. But what really gets me is not only did the warning about the guy not go out for 2 hours, and not only did no one tell the students not to go to class, but this guy started a fire and stalked people before this happened and nobody did anything! I'm not joking here, they really need to evaluate these disturbed individuals. It's always a loner who was "really quiet" and was obsessed with dark, macabre things. After doing all those things before, they should have done something about this guy.

What a horrendous situation.

Contemporary
04-18-2007, 04:40 AM
They had an 8 page story in the Boston Herald on this.

Breaks my heart!

:( :'( :sadbendy: :sad:

Ridureyu
04-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm going to say something that will probably make me very unpopular:

More people than that are murdered in the Sudan every day, but almost nobody I mention it to gives a whit.

In the Middle East, people are murdered for their religion - also in numbers approaching or exceeding that, daily.

In South America, they keep threatening to overturn their own governments *again.*

Now, the shooting s really shocking, and tragic. I'm not saying anybody should ignore it, but.... why can't we have someone commenting on the wholesale slaughter happening everywhere else?

(Probably because you can't blame the war in Sudan on video games, Bush, or competetive school systems)

One Radical Dude
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Sometimes, the unpopular things said may be the right ones. Just because one is popular doesn't make him/her right. I am a firm believer of believing in what's right; not what's popular. I think the reason that the other events don't get commented on is that not enough people hear about it. Any event involving innocent lives being taken away like that (from what happened earlier this week or around the globe) is very tragic. It's safe to say that this world can be so cruel. I won't say much more, but you made a very strong statement, Rid.

Partymember
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Brutally awful.

Crash-N-Cortex
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
It's hard to see those college students killed. The shooter killed himself just so that he won't face charges of murdering many college students. I know the shooter isn't very friendly, and he would shoot anyone who gets in his way. It's just not right, you know what I'm saying. The college students that survived should feel safe with their loved ones and hope that they would know the procedure for a Code Red drill.

Medikor
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
It's a shame that the shooter was such a coward as to prevent us from punishing him aproprietly.:terrence:

kageri
04-19-2007, 10:39 AM
It's a shame that the shooter was such a coward as to prevent us from punishing him aproprietly.:terrence:

I'm sure that's partly it, but he clearly wasn't enjoying life much to start with, as is the case with most of these people. It seems like they have a "I'm taking you down with me" mentality...

LaBloo
04-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Man, That's Awful tahat My Uncle Has Been reading that alot nowadays.