PDA

View Full Version : World High scores

BollaRice
04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I realize world high scores are updated weekly, but I attained a score nearly three hundred points above the current world high score in game two of the pirate/dig-dug game more than two weeks ago. I'ts not really a big deal, I just wondered if anyone else noticed a problem with the weekly score update.

Paganini
04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
yes, the same thing happend to me like 4 or 3 months ago, with another mini-game... Those updates and the part of saving the photos that you have in your album don't work well...

Vicks
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
They are not consistent with updating the World High Scores lists. I've gotten far above the highest score on a handful of the games, and never have seen my name on the lists. It's hit and miss at best. Good luck on getting on them! :bloosmirk:
~Vicks

Divelucaya
08-03-2007, 04:28 AM
So, I was wondering if anyone at all has ever seen their IF's name on a games world score list. My IF has beaten the world high score many times and has never been listed in the world high scores. I personally think that the names listed in world high scores are not IF's at all. Why they would do that I don't know, but there must have been at least a dozen or more times my IF got a score high enough to be in the world scores and never has.

Vicks
08-03-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree with you. I have a feeling they had a code to update the list each week, but that either something happened to the code, or they just never updated it or something. I do know that it worked for a while. Most of the time I've beaten the world high scores and could do it every time if I didn't just get the score needed and quit. 8D I've never seen my name on the list, or anyone I know (from the group).

I think they gave up on that part of the site, or just don't bother to fix it. But I agree, I think they are fake names. ::)
~Vicks

montitech
08-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I should still work, somewhat.

I have found myself on the list many times for different games.

Some of the issues are the World score list DO NOT update every week.
and when they do update it is not at the same time.
for instance, If the World score updates every 2 weeks, only the high scores from the prior week is used, the scores that are older than that are just lost.

also the high scores are not updated per game, but they are updates per level.

both of these effects can be seen at new updates when a new minigame is released. First the World high score is not updated until over 2 weeks after the update is released. typically I beat level 1 and 2 on the first week so my scores are lost by the update of the score list. Then if I did play level 3 before the score update they usually do not update that on the first score update. thus those scores get lost as well.

I am sure the scores should still be working, Every month or two I go into all cracked up and get onto the high score list of level 2 or 3 if they update the score within the following week.

I do suspect that they use a DISTINC search on the names, when they compile the list of scores preventing the same person from getting several locations in the list. this in itself may drop severl scores out of the running, depending on how they do it. I am also suspect that they compile the High score list updates a few days before they post them.

So rule of thumb, it may be nice to see your IF name in lights but really its still no more reliable than rolling dice.

Monty :-/

Greth
08-11-2007, 09:42 PM
This is based on a flash program. It uses actionscript. Why are there people on the highscores but your not either

A: those are fake
B: there were on there on the original (meaning the first upgrade)

This focus on instance meaning every time it updates all the NEW instance AKA your account is gone.

Due to many online highscores all going to the same main link, thats prombley why YOUR account is not showing up...

Now for the photo promblem, that is prombley a simple cheap short Action script which means it only focus on what you saved ON that "game" the new update shows a new "game" so your pics go out of order.

If you have any more questions I could prombley answer them :D

Divelucaya
08-12-2007, 08:25 AM
The problem with photos disappearing is this. If you play a game level and get the collectibles and then play the game level again but 1) do not get a score high enough to even make the list or 2) you lose server connection while you are playing (essentially a score of 0) then all the collectibles are returned. So if you ever want to reset the scores on a game level, play it bad (i.e., lose intentionally after scoring only a few points) then leave the game and when you return the personal scores will be reset.