PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Clouds On Saturn!!!

AerostarMonk
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
This is just beyond amazing. And all around the net there is everything from conspiracy theories and debunking sites popping up in response. I'm just amazed. As for you, well, see for yourself: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17816192/

WOW!

montitech
04-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Interesting,

I tend not to get shocked with this kind of stuff,
for instance, first they said the universe was infinite, then expanding, then contracting, now expanding again but with new limits. science always has lots of theories and the limitations are two part, one on the instrumentation, and the second on the imagination of the scientist to explain the data in a inovative way.

a note to observe is that the hexagon is not a visible hexigon. It is not something that you can look at an see. The article says that it was infravision, hence it is the heat given off, that is forming the Hexagon. Hexigons are not completely unusual in nature. for instance, bee hive. also the fibinachi (spelled wrong) sequence that is found frequently in nature also sometimes produces more of a hexigonal shape. Hexagons and other polygons are also a common geometry in chemesty, so once again I am not surprised. I would think with ingunuity and a lot a financial backing, they may come up with a better reason, and then be able to test it,

just my 2c

Monty :-/

jekylljuice
04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Conspiracy theories, you say? Of what nature?

One of the articles I read on the matter did mention something about giant Saturn-dwelling bees, but I'm positive that was a joke. 8D

Nyo
04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Woah...:o

Amazing.

koosie
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
That is very cool!
I like the way it says 'Astromoners can't explain', they must be asking the wrong people. Montitech's expanation seems a reasonable place to start.

Wouldn't it be nice if this one turns out to properly have no logic explanation except for something like that 70s movie where ants communicate with humans by building geometric shapes. You can see where I'm going with this....