PDA

View Full Version : NiGHTS Coming To The Wii

emperor26
04-09-2007, 05:55 PM
For those who have been waiting for a sequel to the cult classic, then wait no more, as Sega are currently developing the sequel for the Wii.

Of course, you'll have to wait a little more until Fall comes around.

Here's the link to this surprising news:

http://wii.ign.com/objects/873/873984.html

Medikor
04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I desperatly wanted to play Nights into Dreams when it first came out, but I never bought a Saturn.:( I'm looking forward to the sequal and, hopefully, a corresponding release of Nights into Dreams for the Wii's virtual console.:D

Bloonan
04-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Because I never played the first, I'm really forward looking to this.

some guy you dont know
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
so it wont be out till fall? that might give me sufficient time to get a wii, and all the other stuff i need to work it, and some other games. i might be able to do that. and i will buy that game, even if i cant get the wii.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
some guy: As far as I was aware, all you need to work a Wii is a TV to connect it to, surely? It's not like it's a HD powerhouse like the 360 or PS3...also, I guess it's your prerogative if you want to buy a game even if you can't get the console to play it on, but I would advise that doing so would be largely pointless, unless you consider it to be worth 40 bucks to look at the box and the shiny disc. :P

As for the game itself, I unfortunately was not amongst the ten or so people who actually bought a Sega Saturn back in the day, wso 've never played the original NiGHTS, but from all the good things I've heard about it, the concept of a sequel on a more mainstream console does intrigue me. I'm also glad to see the Wii getting another proper AAA exclusive title designed for the console...the console already has far too many games that are just lazy, half-assed ports of games everyone's already played, except with gimmicky motion control clumsily shoe-horned in, and that's a real shame considering the system's potential. :(

Oh, and I think we'd all like to see the original NiGHTS on Virtual Console, but I doubt it'll happen...the Saturn was a CD-based console, so the game's filesize would run into the hundreds of megabytes, and would fill up at least half of the Wii's meagre internal flash memory in one go...