PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know. Don't let reality get in the way of a good cartoon -- BUT...

moonpony
04-06-2007, 11:14 PM
How the HECK does Bloo climb the stairs? He's flat-bottomed, and I'm not referring to his bum. This little IF has no feet!

Please feel free to post your theories on this here. I anxiously await them, as I'm sure they'll be as creative as ever!

kageri
04-06-2007, 11:23 PM
He glides up them like a ghost. I don't know. He apparently has shins, but I guess he just doesn't have feet. Why he can't just summon them out of nowhere like his arms and fingers is a mystery.

Ridureyu
04-06-2007, 11:28 PM
A wizard did it.

One Radical Dude
04-06-2007, 11:46 PM
A wizard did it.

:bloocross:

kageri has a point. I believe Bloo does have shins, even though it appears he doesn't have feet. Good question, though I don't spend a lot of time dwelling over it.

fosters home fan
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I thought Bloo just bounced up the stairs 8D

montitech
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I think this question would be better answered by
inky,blinky, sue or clyde. or by bloo himself.

Monty :-/

CG
04-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Then how can he also summon a butt or fingers if the need be? And where the heck does his arms go when he isn't using them?

All decent questions that will never get real answers. You said it yourself. Don't let reality get in the way of a good cartoon. Just enjoy.

bloonuggets
04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes, moonpony. It is a cartoon. Just like how Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius gets products that never work to his advantage.

HappyFoppy
04-08-2007, 11:41 PM

I lol'd. Anyway, I think his 'flat bottom' becomes kind of blobby, and half of it moves up on the stair, then the other half, just as if it where feet.

montitech
04-09-2007, 06:25 AM

(It just occured to me :bloosmirk: )
For the younger members of Never Forgotten,

Inky,Blinky,Sue, and Clyde are the names of the Ghost Monsters from PacMan.

for the older members of Never Forgotten, I assume you already knew that.

Voxxyn
04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I watched "Squeakerboxxx" on my computer and skipped right to the part where Bloo drags a nightgown-wearing Frankie around the house. One of the shots has them going up a stairway, and it looks like Bloo glides up like a ghost. So that's how I think he does it.

moonpony
04-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Anyone over the age of 30 should be ashamed if he or she didn't get that reference! And I like the concept of Bloo morphing his flat-bottomed self to fit the stairs as he approaches them.

Funny thing about those Pac Man ghosts. Don't they turn BLOO when they're afraid? LOL!

evilhopscotch
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Anyone over the age of 30 should be ashamed if he or she didn't get that reference! And I like the concept of Bloo morphing his flat-bottomed self to fit the stairs as he approaches them.

Funny thing about those Pac Man ghosts. Don't they turn BLOO when they're afraid? LOL!

Ah HA!! But the Pacman ghosts had lil appendage-like frills on their bottoms, so those could be feasibly used as feet if they didn't just fly everywhere anyway. :D

InsaneFan
04-10-2007, 08:49 AM

Oh P-shaw. I got it, and I'm 15. =P I guess that'll happen when your parents won't let you get a gaming system better than a gameboy advance.

As for Bloo and stairs? I'm almost positive I saw him hop up them before. OH, now that I think about it, he just stepped up them in Bus the Two of Us, when he and Mac were gonna slide down them. He just sorta...Stretched.

bloonuggets
04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
"For the younger members of Never Forgotten, Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde are the names of the Ghost Monsters from PacMan."

I believe Duchess mentioned Blinky and Clyde in Duchess of Wails. And Sue replaced Clyed in Ms. Pac-Man.

*liver spots begin to appear on bloonuggets' hands*

moonpony
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh P-shaw. I got it, and I'm 15. =P I guess that'll happen when your parents won't let you get a gaming system better than a gameboy advance.

LOL! If it makes you feel better, I still play my Atari 2600 from 1981. 8D

montitech
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM

my younger sister sold my 2600, and saga CD
:'( about ten years ago.

BluebottleFlyer
04-12-2007, 12:26 AM

Heh, I still have one of those. Albeit broken...:(

moonpony
04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
my younger sister sold my 2600, and saga CD
:'( about ten years ago.

*GASP* :wiltshock: That's AWFUL!

bloonuggets
04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
http://img164.exs.cx/img164/7827/offtopic8mg.gif
Back on topic, please.

taranchula
04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
http://img164.exs.cx/img164/7827/offtopic8mg.gif
Back on topic, please.

Hey! I get to say that. (I do like that smilie though)

But seriously, Foster's is a cartoon pure and simple, so yeah things that happen that cannot be explained will happen with great regularity.

Cutelilteen
04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I always thought he just kinda hopped up the stairs.:P I don't really pay that close attention to that kind of stuff. XD

LOL 8D

bloonuggets
04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
"Hey! I get to say that. (I do like that smilie though.)"

Didn't mean to step on your toes.

And feel free to use the smilie at will!

vinny
04-26-2007, 01:00 AM
mac's head is 84 percent (i think it was) of his body, and about 3x as big in terms of volume, how is it he can even lift that head of his. and where does he tell his mom he goes after schol everyday?and serously...change your clothes dude.

and coco. i know just about anything comes out of her eggs, but did anyone even think as to where these "eggs" come out of?

WiltsAKGirl17
11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
:bloocross:

kageri has a point. I believe Bloo does have shins, even though it appears he doesn't have feet. Good question, though I don't spend a lot of time dwelling over it.

My thoughts exactly. I think about stuff like this on occasion, but not often. I figure Bloo just... moves. I know it's lame logic, but if I was logical I'd be a Vulcan. (Sorry, Star trek reference.)

P.S. I TOTALLY know who the PacMan ghosts are and I'm 17! I like older stuff-- music, TV, movies (for the most part).

LaBlooGirl
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Well I didn't feel like reading all the replies so if I repeat...forgive me...but an online friend of mine, who liked to read my stories, often loved to peruse ideas of "how" Bloo does a lot of things.
We did discuss the issue of how he moves....at first maybe I thought he was just real muscular and (sort of like a snake) shuffled around using pure muscle alone.
But then we pondered and said that maybe he DID have little legs, but you just couldn't see them because they are completely covered by his body (purely internal), but they were strong enough for him to move around.
Doesn't make much sense I guess (lol) and it's weird, but hey.....we were stretching to find ideas, eh? XD
Of course the fact that he sounds like a squeaky rubbery thing when he moves suggests to me that he has AMAZING flexibility...so....he can do things beyond our comprehension I guess. 'Sides, Bloo's an Imaginary...he doesn't have to make sense or follow the laws of realism.

Lynnie
11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Hmm, the way I always thought Bloo was materialized from is a spongy rubber type material (which was confirmed in my head after seeing "Something Old, Something Bloo"). That would explain why he has a rubbery "squeak" when he walks, can jiggle, and can absorb water (and become heavier according to his Bloo Card). I work with pet products and one of the things I work with is a rubbery sponge that attracts pet hair with static cling. I can see Bloo's body made of a similar material, except less porous, and the pours are too small for the naked eye to see. So he'd probably feel much like a dolphin or a beluga whale's "melon". As for his legs, he doesn't really have any, but he has some sort of muscle system under his lower body to allow him to walk like he does, or like we would walk while in a sleeping bag. But he still considers certain parts of his body by the same name as a human's in the same area, like shins. That's just the way I saw it. :smed:

Sparky
11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Lol I'm willing to bet most people on here have never touched a whale forehead. 8D (Does the melon really feel different from the rest of their body? Now I'm curious.)

Lynnie
11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
lol, yeah, sorry. I pet a beluga only once (that I recall). Well, the skin is the same on the melon as the rest of the body, but it's softer due to the fatty tissue underneath it. I love petting dolphins, they're so sweet. I need to go to Sea World again. :D

MaxJ1800
11-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Personally I think Mac may have imagined Bloo like a person who's wearing a sheet over his body to dress up like a ghost. There are no arm holes, so to pick up or hold something they just push the sheet out around their hands. And they have feet and can walk, you just can't see it under the sheet.

Basically Bloo's body works under the same physics, only instead of being covered by a sheet, that's his real body.

pitbulllady
11-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Personally I think Mac may have imagined Bloo like a person who's wearing a sheet over his body to dress up like a ghost. There are no arm holes, so to pick up or hold something they just push the sheet out around their hands. And they have feet and can walk, you just can't see it under the sheet.

Basically Bloo's body works under the same physics, only instead of being covered by a sheet, that's his real body.

Bloo isn't wearing anything or covered with a sheet. We saw how he looked when draped with a sheet in "Blooooooo!", when Coco's ghost disguise fell over him, and he was underneath calling out her name, making Wilt think that he WAS Coco, trying to scare them. Bloo's integuement, whatever it happens to be like, doesn't move or billow like cloth. I kinda tend to think that he is sorta rubbery, and can stretch or alter his shape to some extent, extending arms or legs where there previous were none, apparently. The "whale skin" theory works for me, since whatever Bloo might feel like, he's clearly made up of living, biological tissue.

I guess I tend to think of the characters in terms of charicaTURES, in which the artists rendering their images will greatly exaggerate some features, most notably their heads, while leaving out or reducing others that aren't really necessary, like fingernails, noses or lips. If the characters were to become real, living flesh-and-blood beings in OUR world, though, they probably would not have such enormous heads(it's been proven that characters with big heads, proportionally, are more appealing, since they subconciously remind us of human infants) or tiny torsos, and they's have two lips and fingernails, visable irises in their eyes, clearly-definable muscles, etc.

pitbulllady

LaBlooGirl
02-06-2008, 05:03 PM
You're all going to hate me for repeating myself but I do LOVE these discussions so....Bloo can climb up stairs cause one THEORY of mine is that he's muscular like a snake and can climb up stairs in the same fashion a snake can climb a tree. Not in the same exact way, but using muscles in the same sense. As for where his arms go and how he makes things appear then disappear...the security blanket THEORY comes into play. If Bloo is indeed a creation based on a security blanket (a theory I still believe until I am proved otherwise by something Mc Cracken says HIMSELF) then he can "fold" and "unfold" his appendages, like his arms, at will.
There is also another THEORY that a friend of mine suggested (who sadly I don't talk to anymore...) that Bloo's legs are kind of hidden underneath his form. They're very small and not something you can see. I'm not sure how that works (lol) but hey, it's just a theory.
But I like the security blanket idea. How cute is that?? 'Sides Mac WAS only three when he created Bloo.
Okay I'm done.

Mac-a-lacka
05-07-2008, 09:10 AM
"Store wars and "Sweet stench of success" show good examples of how Bloo gets up and down stairs.:bloogrin:

Xroc88
05-08-2008, 03:56 AM
He is being manipulate by the demon gorwood and only mac,frankie and jackie khones can save him.

taranchula
05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
(With apologies to Joel Hodgson)

If you're wondering how Bloo gets up and down the stairs and other science facts, then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax!..." 8D

Ub3rD4n
05-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Two words, guys: Hydrostatic skeleton. Like a jellyfish. Or an octopus, to be more precise. I dunno, kind of a cross.

For those who don't know, a hydrostatic skeleton is attained by putting enough pressure on your bodily tissue (which is mostly water, like even more so than a human) so it holds up like there's a skeleton.

There's my two cents

One Radical Dude
05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
(With apologies to Joel Hodgson)

If you're wondering how Bloo gets up and down the stairs and other science facts, then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax!..." 8D

Hee hee hee. :clap: Yes, that's exactly what I think.

Amritama
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
The world may never know? :O

Jokes aside, I think Bloo is just like any other invertebrate that can move. Like Ub3rD4n mentioned above, a hydrostatic skeleton doesn't seem like it'd be too off (if I remember my Biomech class right, different pressures on a fluid-filled cavity and action of surrounding muscles create a variety of motions). But yeah, I think Bloo's anatomy strongly resembles any invertebrate, since we know our favorite blue blob has no spine.

Along those lines, Bloo's body might be a muscular hydrostat (think human tongue, some worms, and elephant trunk). As in, his body is composed of muscles without a skeletal system or fluid-filled cavity. What would be really interesting with the theory is how the system would work in Bloo's case.

That, or the creator felt that was a very minor point, which it is, and thus never thought up of a valid reason. But muscular hydrostat FTW. =P

Ridureyu
05-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Perhaps Bloo is filled with yummy candy.