PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION PLEASE HELP (4 making the fosters maps)

coco_4_ever
04-02-2007, 12:14 PM
does anyone know how to make the backgrounds Transparent, trying to get the background for the maps of fosters Transparent, but i don't know how, does anyone know how?

montitech
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I think you said in a different post that you used Photoshop,

so you can use photoshop and create an image, give it a size and then set the color to transparent (make the default color the transparent color)

but not all image formats accept transparencies.

Monty :-/

Sparky
04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Please stop with the all-caps thread titles! I even added it to the main forum rules; please go and re-read those. :(

coco_4_ever
04-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Please stop with the all-caps thread titles! I even added it to the main forum rules; please go and re-read those. :(

To Sparky: sorry bout that sparky, i went to get somethng to eat and my cousin typed it, i already told him from now on when i am on the puter and get off to do something real quick to stay off the puter.

To Montitech: You Mean The Black Background?

montitech
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I meant,

If you have the time, energy, and desire

Your maps would look a lot more profesional if:

you retake some of the screenshots,
fit them together a bit better, this may be easier to do if you use a Transparent Backround instead of White or Black (but it all depends of your image type) I am not a graphic designer so these are just sugestions.

For instance glue the picute of the Front and backyard together with the side yards, here is a sample: (I skiped the side yards and used your images.)
the transparency makes it easier to fit the pieces together, and it also allows for your Web page wallpaper to show though in the blank spots. You can see the difference between the backyard and the front yard, on the front yard I trimed out the whitespace by erasing in Fireworks. (I use fireworks and Paint for graphics But I still do not know what I am doing with regards to graphics.)

Just sugestions, I am no expert, I try to leave the graphics for the pros

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/montitech/sampleMap.png

coco_4_ever
04-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I meant,

If you have the time, energy, and desire

Your maps would look a lot more profesional if:

you retake some of the screenshots,
fit them together a bit better, this may be easier to do if you use a Transparent Backround instead of White or Black (but it all depends of your image type) I am not a graphic designer so these are just sugestions.

For instance glue the picute of the Front and backyard together with the side yards, here is a sample: (I skiped the side yards and used your images.)
the transparency makes it easier to fit the pieces together, and it also allows for your Web page wallpaper to show though in the blank spots. You can see the difference between the backyard and the front yard, on the front yard I trimed out the whitespace by erasing in Fireworks. (I use fireworks and Paint for graphics But I still do not know what I am doing with regards to graphics.)

Just sugestions, I am no expert, I try to leave the graphics for the pros

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/montitech/sampleMap.png

i can try my best at it, i'm a newbie at this stuff 8D, i'll leavae those up til i get the other ones done.

montitech
04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
i can try my best at it, i'm a newbie at this stuff 8D, i'll leavae those up til i get the other ones done.

I was only sugesting,

good luck

coco_4_ever
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I was only sugesting,

good luck

8D i gave up 8D i was like :o it was confuing me and i started getting a headache 8D