PDA

View Full Version : Video Games That Is Considered Too Weird

emperor26
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
So far, the only games I could think that fits into this category are:

Black & White, Populous & Boktai.

Sparky
04-01-2007, 06:12 PM
What do you mean by "Is considered too weird"? Considered too weird by whom? You personally or the public in general? I have Black and White and I don't consider it weird at all. And can you please describe *why* these games are considered weird, by whomever, so we don't end up with another "list thread"? Thanks.

emperor26
04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
What do you mean by "Is considered too weird"? Considered too weird by whom? You personally or the public in general? I have Black and White and I don't consider it weird at all. And can you please describe *why* these games are considered weird, by whomever, so we don't end up with another "list thread"? Thanks.

Sorry, Sparky, never had that cross in mind.

When I mean "is considered too weird", I was referring to the public in general, not just me.

As for the reason why the games I mentioned are weird (in my opinion):

Black & White-the "gods" are animals, and they act more like pets than gods.

Populous-The player must make decisions for the CPUs to satisfy them.

Boktai-the game requires you to use the sun's ray to complete certain tasks; otherwise, you won't be able to finish the game.

Well, that's all.

montitech
04-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I do not think Populous was strange.
I use to play it all the time back in 1990.

Most sim games are Great,GReat,GReat,GReat,GReat,GReat,GReat,GReat grandchildren of Populouse.

you know,
point click,
set up the Landscape,
Make some Godly sugesstions and Hope your people (or sims) listen.

I personlally think the Game "9" was really wierd. it was kind of a macavian type of weird and the images were kind of spooky expecially that plane and monkey.

Other weird (in a spooky way) "the 7th guest", the "11th hour"

THe game "Total Distortion" had some really wierd gameplay, It was fun, but almost imposible to find a few years after it was released. (there were a lot of Mac versions out, but that was back when Mac was on 68XXX and not compatible with PC)

Monty :-/