PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in voice acting?

InsaneFan
03-31-2007, 10:22 AM
...'Cause I'ma be makin' my own show soon, and I need voices. Particularly, guys voices. I really only have girl friends, so they're the only ones interested. =P

More info on the show on my DA page:

http://madamelady.deviantart.com/

Mr. Marshmallow
03-31-2007, 02:06 PM
I am actually, funny thing is I went to a couple of panel discussions about voice acting at an anime convention I went to in Minnesota last week. The con was called Anime Detour.

I've always wanted to give voice acting a try, I don't have ass loads of voices at my disposal like guys like Mel Blanc or Scott McNeil but I think I could be good at it. Count me in :bloogrin:!

scary_dream
03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I've always been interested in it! I'm a girl, so you may not need me, but that's ok.

I'd love to do it one day professionally, but like Mr. M said, I don't have lots of different voices like some people do (Rob Paulson and Tress MacNeille are two of my absolute favorites!), I am good at vocalizing emotions and such, though, so IDK... maybe it's possible someday.

My boyfriend is REALLY good at it, and I'm jealous of him lol :terrence:

kageri
04-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Anime cons are good for that kind of thing, as Mr. M said. A lot of times they have professional voice actors there too, but since you don't like anime, you could go to a regular voice class. I guess.

Imaginary Light
04-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I'd be way interested! But I'm a girl, so you may not need me.

AerostarMonk
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow. I've always been interested in voice acting. Though I don't know if I'd be any good. Mainly cause my voice is all over the place. No one ever knows where I'm from. It's cause I have a deep tone but I pitch my voice high and on top of that my accent slips out of that of Midwestern. Watching too much tv has always been my reasoning for my voice being this way as I always tried to emulate the vocal patterns of people from my favorite shows. I think I may have forgotten my point.

InsaneFan
04-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Cool! Glad people are interested. ^^

And I may need more girl voices, I dunno right now. Anyone who wants to try out, either send me a demo, or message me for lines for a certain character you'd like to audition for. I'd love to hear from as many people as possible.

Mr. Marshmallow
04-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Well you might want to tell us what we need to do this, like a microphone or whatever and an idea of what characters, what lines, etc.

Little more info. would help actually.

scary_dream
04-01-2007, 09:13 PM
since you don't like anime

I never said I didn't like anime :(

kageri
04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I never said I didn't like anime :(

That was directed toward Insanefan, who to the best of my knowledge does not like anime.

....even though she's looking for voice actors and not talking about being one, but they'd still be beneficial. They've got animators and stuff too, lots of people to learn from.

But in any case, as far as your show thingy goes, I wish you good luck. I wouldn't be any help at all but I can at least wish you luck. Right?

InsaneFan
04-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Well you might want to tell us what we need to do this, like a microphone or whatever and an idea of what characters, what lines, etc.

Little more info. would help actually.

Uh, I posted a link at the beginning of this thread. It has story and character descriptions, plus drawn characters.
And alls you really need is a microphone and a voice. And the knowledge on how to record and send.

That was directed toward Insanefan, who to the best of my knowledge does not like anime.

....even though she's looking for voice actors and not talking about being one, but they'd still be beneficial. They've got animators and stuff too, lots of people to learn from.

But in any case, as far as your show thingy goes, I wish you good luck. I wouldn't be any help at all but I can at least wish you luck. Right?

Well, I didn't. I was biased against it, having only seen anime that(in my opinion) wasn't all that great. *anvil'd*
Now, having actually given it a try, I do like it.

Yeah, of course. ^^ Thank you.

Medikor
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd really like to take part but, alas, my computer dosen't have what I would need to record myself. I'm really intereted in VA'ing. I actually think I may be good at it.
I'm always repeating and mimicing voices and lines I hear on tv and I've actually developed some good voices. The most notable imitations I can do are from the 80's Transformers cartoon show: Scrapper, Bombshell, Swoop and the other dinobots. I've also created some unique voices too: A senile old man, a snarly creature and one or two others. I really should take a class or two and get involved with some fandubs.

Mr. Marshmallow
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
It's hard for me to actually describe what voices I can do since I really just spring them out of off the top of my head. The only voices I know for SURE I can do off memory is a really evil voice, like for a demon or satanic beast. I also do a great Krusty the clown impression (I just can't do his funny laugh).

My normal voice can work good for a teen or human boy. I can also do some crazy scientist type voices, I can do a great crazy laugh and I can crank out an old man voice or too.

Invader Bloo
04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I can help you out if you tell how to send the voice to you. I want to do the character who's basically comedic releif. Even though it's anime-ish style I don't care I just want to do a vocie. :P

P.S. My dad can do the Krusty laugh only when he hears it. He can also do the Nelson laugh.

AerostarMonk
04-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I'd be glad to give it a go. But for some reason I'm very very nervous. It's weird.

Medikor
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I'd be glad to give it a go. But for some reason I'm very very nervous. It's weird.

I don't blame you. My extreme shyness is what really keeps me from even trying voice acting.

InsaneFan
04-04-2007, 01:43 PM
YES.
I'm gonna need lots of men's voices.

Medi: o.o You don't even have WMM?

MM: xD Awesome. I'd love to hear it.

Aero: Well, if you have a mic, I can tell yaz how to send. It's easy-peezy.

Aero and Medi: Don't be nervous. Ya don't even have to speak in front of anyone(which is what gets me. o.o *cannot do speaches*).

AerostarMonk
04-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Man, I need to find that mic. I haven't used it in months. I think it's buried under 50 pounds of junk.

Invader Bloo
04-04-2007, 02:59 PM
What about me?:'(

InsaneFan
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
What about me?:'(

ACK! Sorry! I meant to answer, I guess I just forgot. :( Really sorry.

Yes, I would definately like to hear from you. Comedic releif character? Well, I don't have a comedic guy character until later on in the series...If you don't mind waiting. ^^ Until then, you could try others.

I'll work on getting some test scripts written up. I've been a tad busy lately, and when I'm not I'm tired and lazy. xD Plus, my free time has been sucked up by catching up on schoolwork(that I slacked off on while I was on vacation) and reading.
But that'll slow down soon.

Invader Bloo
04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I can wait. I always see me as the comedic releif. Just tell me how to send the voicew to you & we have a done deal!

Mr. Marshmallow
04-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I have to buy a microphone though, I never really needed one so I never went out to buy one but if your really serious about using my voice I'll spend the money and get a microphone.

I'll try for whatever role you'd like me for and as long as I can send the audio files to you (however that may be), I got no problem doing this for you.

Imaginary Light
04-06-2007, 07:34 AM
If I had a microphone for my computer, I'd SO do this! Wait...I think I may have one hidden in this house somewhere...or I'll just buy another one. Whatever:P

Howard
04-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Funny that this should be the topic! I got my degree in boreadcast journalism, and I have done VO's (voice overs)for some commercials on local radio! I have submit demo CD's to our agencies locally all the time!:frankiesmile:

InsaneFan
04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Invader: Cool! Here's how ya do it: Plug in your microphone(VERY IMPORTANT xD). Open Windows Movie Maker. Clicky the mic button. Clicky 'start narration', act out the script I send you, then 'end narration' when you're done. Save it, then save to your computer by clicking the link on the left. Then attach the file to an E-mail(or send it over AIM or wherever) and send to me! =D

MM: I'll take every voice I can get. I'm really glad you guys wanna do this, 'cause I really don't know many other guys other than here that would want anything to do with voice acting. Mics really don't cost that much. My friend got a little one from Wal-Mart that was only $8.

Imaginary: SWEET.

Duck: Really? That's AWESOME! Can I hear your demo?

InsaneFan
04-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay, I?ve got some lines for y?all to act out.

Zander: Friends? I try not to have them. It?s better for everyone that way.
I never wanted to join the military, it just sort of happened.
Wait, if you?re not....How are....Why did....I?m confused.

Mel: Oh really? Mister I-don?t-care, the-world-is-crashing-down-on-me, leave-me-alone-to-die...
Ha! The joke?s on you now! Or, wait. It?s on me again, isn?t it?
Oh my bottled water! Look, look, look, wouldja just look at that!
If you don?t laugh, I?ll cry. Or I?ll try to. Either way it?s embarrassing.

Abby: You?ll have to watch yourself around Mel. First, you can?t call her that. She hates it. In fact, you could call her anything but that and she?d be fine with it. Second, whatever she says, just go with it. It?s easier than fighting with her over something, believe me. Third, don?t be depressing. She will try to fix that.

Andy: If you knew anything, you?d know that there?s nothing we can do in our present condition!
Oh, sure, let?s trust the one who spouts nonsense on an hourly basis to talk some sense into these people!
Augh, I can?t stand her!
I can?t believe I?m being talked into this...

None of the other characters really have a big part. I?ll do auditions for them when it comes around. The bad guy doesn?t even have a speaking part until later on. I know there?s only 4 to choose from right now, but just try out for one or two and I?ll be able to judge from that what voice I want you to do later.

For these, just go crazy. Voice them multiple times, add stuff if you want. Creativity is goooood.

Also, you?ll probably be asked to scream, shout or cry. Will you be able to do that? KTHNX.

If you still haven?t read what I have on these characters, then I insist you do.
http://madamelady.deviantart.com/journal/12351269/

Mr. Marshmallow
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I can scream, it'll probably weird a few people out around me but I should be able to do that.

If I know more about the character though it helps me get an idea of how to voice him.

InsaneFan
04-10-2007, 08:42 AM
I can scream, it'll probably weird a few people out around me but I should be able to do that.

If I know more about the character though it helps me get an idea of how to voice him.

xD Cool.

All righty.

Z: He should be relatively easy to do, he doesn't have as many speaking parts because he's a quiet guy. He's been through a lot of tragic and traumatic stuff in his life, and his experienced many different types of lifestyles. At first he tries to push everyone away, because he doesn't want his "bad luck" to hurt anyone else. Over time he gets over it(stops believing in his "curse"), and is a little more open.

Andrew: THIS guy I'm gonna have fun with. x3 He's the kind of person who wants respect from everyone and, to get it, he acts serious and superior. That act is soon crushed by Mel, who would much rather joke around and mess with him than put up with his attitude(and succeeds with ease). He's forced to put up with her through the whole show, turning him into a Grumpy McSarcasticpants.

If you need to know more(or girls about Abby and Mel), just ask.

Medikor
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Funny that this should be the topic! I got my degree in boreadcast journalism, and I have done VO's (voice overs)for some commercials on local radio! I have submit demo CD's to our agencies locally all the time!:frankiesmile:

That's very cool, Duck! A few fan dubs and projects would look good on a resume', wouldan't they? And Insanefan, I'm still looking 'round for a mic. If I find one I'll give this a try for you.:D

Invader Bloo
04-10-2007, 02:15 PM
I want to be Andrew. But I'll need all that on my computer. You may have to wait for me.

InsaneFan
04-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay! I can wait. xD If anything, you'll be waiting on me. I take a while to draw things yet(confounded art perfection freak that I am). I'm hoping this experience will help me draw things with better ease.
That, and I get writer's block at the worst times...I'm still working on scripting the first episode.