PDA

View Full Version : Alrighty, Foststock begins!

jekylljuice
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks to all the supportive feedback I received, I decided to continue with my fan-art series featuring the Foster?s folk as they probably would have been had they been hanging around Bethel, New York in the good ol? Summer of ?69. This follows up on my ?Woodstock Wilt? fan-art, the link to which (for all newcomers) is here:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1640

All future instalments will, however, be posted upon this thread, so be sure to check back from time to time.

First up, Coco in tie-dye experiencing a far-out moment. Those multi-coloured circles represent my (probably quite sloppy) attempt to convey psychedelia. Make of it what you will.

And yeah, Coco has love beads, though of course she?s far too unconventional to actually wear them around her neck. ;)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7065/woodstockcocoxi1.png

And here?s one I did of Red. It occurred to me that he would have fitted in swimmingly with all the folks at Woodstock. ;D

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9725/woodstockredue9.png

Once again, Evil Mr. Scanner still refuses to respect the authority of my bright red colouring pencil, so I?m sorry if Red?s pigmentation seems slightly off. I think its rendering of the blue on Red?s t-shirt worked a little more in my favour, since it gave it a slightly tie-dye effect.

There are several more drawings in this series which I?m in the process of devising, though if I?m a little slow in getting them to you it?s because my studies are eating up too much of my time. Curse them.

Carlaz
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Fabulous drawings! Coco looks very wise. ;) Red is an adorable flower cube!

pitbulllady
03-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Coco as a hippie-now THAT is just too perfect! And Red, the Ultimate Flower Child-more brilliance! It's too bad Wilt is missing his left arm; I have a feeling he could probably play a guitar as well as the late Jimi Hendrix, or his Texas protege', the late Stevie Ray Vaughn, if he still had both hands.

pitbulllady

LaBloo
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
fabulous. just faboulous.

Sparky
03-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Eee, Red in a t-shirt!! ;D And you draw Coco *very* well.

jekylljuice
03-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Eee, Red in a t-shirt!! ;D And you draw Coco *very* well.

Thank you. Surprisingly, I had a lot less trouble with Coco than I did with Red. The poor guy would be mortified if he knew how many trees probably died so that I could draw him satisfactorily. :o

kaytea
03-31-2007, 09:24 AM
awww those are so cute exspecialy Red <3

InsaneFan
03-31-2007, 09:37 AM
*squeals* TOO CUTE! Luff them, JJ(can I call you that? xD). ^^

fosters-fan
03-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Awesome! You should do ones of Bloo and Eduardo next! They're my favorites! ^_^

jekylljuice
04-01-2007, 03:00 AM
*squeals* TOO CUTE! Luff them, JJ(can I call you that? xD). ^^

Yes, of course you can! :D

Thank you, and to everyone else who left their comments. Hopefully, I'll be able to get more characters to you soon. If only it weren't for those danged essays I've got to write...:P

emperor26
04-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Nice drawings.

Crash-N-Cortex
04-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Cool drawings, jekylljuice!

koosie
04-03-2007, 04:23 AM
These are cooler than ice-pops! I'm more in love with Coco than ever!

More!

BluebottleFlyer
04-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Great job with these. And you're right, Red would not be out of place at such a festival:)

Nyo
04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Lawl. Red the flower friend. xD

Bloo2daMacs
04-08-2007, 08:00 AM
These are WICKED!

Imaginary Light
04-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Yay! More:bloogrin:

Ub3rD4n
04-29-2007, 09:04 PM
I know others have said it, but, Yeah! Awesome!;D

jekylljuice
10-02-2007, 06:01 AM
It?s been a long time since I put up any new Foster?s fanart. I?ve had several pieces on the backburner for a while, but for one reason or another (a combination of the fact that I?m hugely disorganised, and that I frequently experience lapses in confidence), I never got round to making them materialise. Finally this week I was able to make a little progress and, with sufficient sweat, toil and cursing, have a fresh new Foststock drawing to add to my meagre collection. So, for what it?s worth?

With the vast crowds of people flocking to Woodstock between August 15th -17th, the festival would have been a pretty daunting place for the smaller IFs. Fortunately, Crackers has managed to secure a fair degree of protection by palling around with Chuck the cat, who here gets the Silver-Busch* treatment, his white fur coat being transformed into a mild showcase of hippie artwork.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1457/woodstockchuckcrackersnt6.png

*Burton Silver and Heather Busch are the creators of a series of spoof cat books, their Why Paint Cats: The Ethics of Feline Aesthetics being the inspiration behind Chuck's attire in this particular picture. The actual book itself is filled with images of real cats adorned with rather tasteless and, in certain cases, downright terrifying designs, but fortunately it can all be attributed to the mischievous work of the miracle of digital manipulation. One would certainly hope so anyway.

koosie
10-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Wow! If I lose my eyes tonight, I shall not weep for I know now they have seen the best thing they will ever see!

That's really beautiful, JJ. I can just see Crackers grooving on down to Sly Stone or Santana, Chilling out with Crosby Stills & Nash or blowing his tiny little imaginary mind with Hendrix. Chuck looks adorable, too.

What a pity the cat art was a fraud, I think the elephant stuff was real though. Just not any good. Not like this. Thank you!

Ub3rD4n
10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Yay! Crackers fanart! He looks cool decked out in costume like that!

Lynnie
10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Yay, not one, but TWO of Foster's' cuties! Aw, Crackers looks so delighted with his art. Don't know how happy Chuck is, though. 8D Great work JJ!

xxxClaire
10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I love your drawings! :D Great job!

jekylljuice
10-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Thank you. You're all very kind. :oops:

fosters-fan
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
So when do you plan on doing the rest of the Foster's gang, especially Bloo and Eduardo?

I still would love to see the two in question in Woodsto- I mean, Foststock style! ^_^

jekylljuice
10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
So when do you plan on doing the rest of the Foster's gang, especially Bloo and Eduardo?

I still would love to see the two in question in Woodsto- I mean, Foststock style! ^_^

Like I said, I have lots more pieces still on the backburner, and you'll be pleased to know that both Bloo and Ed are included in those hypothetical drawings. Can't guarantee how good they'll be, but I'm determined to make headway with them. :bloosmirk: :-/

(Thank you for your keen interest, by the way :) )

Of course, no sooner have I gotten back into the swing of things when suddenly I remember that I'm returning to University this weekend and thus set to be seperated from my scanner for the next ten weeks...but hopefully if I look hard enough there'll be one on campus I can use. I think technically they'd only be intended for academic use, but...meh. :mfoster:

Cassini90125
10-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Of course, no sooner have I gotten back into the swing of things when suddenly I remember that I'm returning to University this weekend and thus set to be seperated from my scanner for the next ten weeks...but hopefully if I look hard enough there'll be one on campus I can use. I think technically they'd only be intended for academic use, but...meh. :mfoster:

You can always claim it's a history project. :bloocross:

Great pics, by the way. :)