PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do When Nobody Is Looking?

emperor26
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
To me, I sometimes sing (badly) when I'm in the shower or when the radio is on in my room.

kaytea
03-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I sing also tend to sing not becaus im bad I just hate it when people hear me sing becaus they start gathering around me saying "omg you voice is so pretty keep singing"

so yeah I just hate the attention =/

HappyFoppy
03-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Kaytea: Lol at "I sing also tend to sing". ;P

I have no idea. I think there are too much people around me. I often do nothing though, I'm lifeless. Right now, nobody is here, and I'm on the computer as usual. ;D

Jabberwocky
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Not wear makeup. XD

Ha no... I make dumb faces in the mirror. I can't sing and don't sing. My vocal cords just don't work that way, like rhinos don't giggle.

jekylljuice
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
As I said in the "Guilty Pleasures" thread, I put on my Jive Bunny CD. :bloocross:

I also talk to myself. Not usually in full sentences, though. Just random words which happen to be on my mind at the time. ;)

Kale
03-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Sing, and randomly dance to songs like the Cha Cha Slide, and Hips Don't Lie xD

vannielou
03-22-2007, 06:21 PM
sing dance
love to sing along with music blasting

Subzeroace
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Talk to myself ....XD

Sparky
03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't talk out loud if I'm alone. I won't even laugh aloud at the TV no matter how funny it is if I'm alone, just because it feels weird to vocallise when there's no one else in the room. If the bird is with me, I talk constantly, but its to her. Birds constantly vocallise to eachother so they know where everyone is, so I do that with her.

My brother on the other hand has no qualms about talking/laughing to/at the TV/computer when alone. Plus he usually wears headphones so I'll be sitting somewhere in the apartment, everything is quiet, and all of a sudden he starts cackling in his room. It always freaks me out. 8D

But anyways I'm super-reserved when I'm alone. I'd like to say I do wild and wacky spontaneous things, but I just don't. I'm so disappointed in myself. :P

One Radical Dude
03-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Heh heh heh, I have a habit of talking to myself, when I'm alone. 8D I even try to sing a bit (which is something I don't like to do in front of other people.

scary_dream
03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Like almost everyone here, I sing when I'm alone, and BADLY. It's HILARIOUS hearing me try to sing.

I talk to myself CONSTANTLY, and sometimes I even talk to other people that aren't there. Like, I KNOW they aren't there and I know they aren't talking back (hah, I don't hear voices or anything), but I act like they are anyways. Does that make me incredibly creepy/lonely? 8D I mainly do it in my car when I'm taking long drives... I'll talk to the passenger seat like someone's there. *hides in a hole* Oh jeez, I never realized how "crazy lonely cat lady" that sounds until I typed it out lol :S I swear I'm not lonely, I'm just really imaginative. If you count the people I talk to as IFs, I'd say I have about... five or six. Oh man... stop looking at me like that.

Honestly, I think all of that comes from living out in the sticks as a kid with an older sister who REFUSED to play with me, so I always had to entertain myself, which led to me creating and talking to my IF all the time. The whole "talking to myself" habit never left me I guess. It's funny, though... I've never had ONE single female "IF". Ever since I was little, I've gotten along better with boys than girls, so my IF was male and so are the imaginary people I talk to.

I keep making myself sound crazier and crazier, don't I? I'm seriously not one of those fakers of psychosis mentioned in the "What ticks you off?" thread, because I'm not claiming to be crazy, I just SOUND that way when I try to explain it! I'm honestly pretty normal.

I dance, too... and it's always either spontaneous made-up dances or retro dances like the swim or the monkey :D

I do my hair and makeup in really wild ways, too, right before I hop in the shower so I can just wash it all off.

Lol... I think I have more fun alone than I do with people.

vinny
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
i think everyone sings when no one else is around. i also find no need for extra clothes when no ones around. (too much info? LOL) i like to sing songs like "bad touch" by bloodhoundgang, and Gwen Stefani "The Sweet Escape" or i get board and sing them in italian. and when no one is home, i like to find a mirror and make gangster-like poses XD. i write alot of love notes to, but i only send them out if they are really good. kaytea only desirves the best.

kaytea
03-23-2007, 12:21 AM
I talk to myself also D=
and I also have a habit of talking to my computer =(

scary_dream
03-23-2007, 09:11 AM
i also find no need for extra clothes when no ones around.

8D No worries. Going sans clothes is one of life's simple pleasures, I think.

Partymember
03-23-2007, 09:14 AM
8D No worries. Going sans clothes is one of life's simple pleasures, I think.

ditto

8-)

jekylljuice
03-23-2007, 04:23 PM
I can't stand (if you'll excuse the expression) the sound of silence. When I'm by myself I do need to have some kind of background noise, like the TV or radio playing, even if I'm not giving it my full attention at the time. I don't know, I just find it comforting. It helps me sleep more easily at night if I have the radio playing gently in the backdrop.

scary_dream
03-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah that's me... I always need some kind of white noise if I'm alone. A fan or the fridge running usually does the trick.

Pawbah
03-24-2007, 01:05 AM
When I'm alone.... I tend to talk to myself.... course somtimes when I'm deep in thought I will voice whatever is going through my head... even if I'm in public, but usually I only talk to myself when I am alone.

Bride_Of_Lister
03-24-2007, 01:39 AM
I sing songs from musicals, usually RENT and I usually fill in Mark while acting the whole thing out. I will sing in the street with friends though so i'm not sure that counts...

I'll dance only if no one is watching. ^^o

Tonya
03-24-2007, 09:55 AM
I talk to myself all the time if I'm alone. I'll talk to the radio and comment on how I love, or how I hate, certain songs. I do the same thing with the tv. Sometimes I'll try on my goth make-up and clothes ust to see how it all looks and then try to master Mandy's (from B&M) cynical glare, lol! A lot of dancing and singing. Occasionally sing the Fresh Prince of BellAir theme song.

koosie
03-24-2007, 10:13 AM
I talk to myself all the time if I'm alone. I'll talk to the radio and comment on how I love, or how I hate, certain songs. I do the same thing with the tv. .

Up to that point I'm exactly the same, often arguing with the TV. I like to sing and dance as well and if I'm in a very good mood I walk around on tip-toe pretending to be a bipedal dinosaur. Do the folks who dislike silence like the sound of rain? I love it but I also enjoy silence.

Tonya
03-24-2007, 10:39 AM
How about the sound of rain when trying to sleep? Ahhhh. R e l a x a t i o n.
"Frankie Says Relax" ~Bloo. Okay, I just had to say that.

vinny
03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I sing songs from musicals, usually RENT and I usually fill in Mark while acting the whole thing out. I will sing in the street with friends though so i'm not sure that counts...

I'll dance only if no one is watching. ^^o

that...is the greatest movie ever. enough said.

Partymember
03-24-2007, 07:49 PM
How about the sound of rain when trying to sleep? Ahhhh. R e l a x a t i o n.

that is sublime

Kzinistzerg
03-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I mainly talk to myself. Comes of being nuts, i guess...

scary_dream
03-25-2007, 08:42 PM
if I'm in a very good mood I walk around on tip-toe pretending to be a bipedal dinosaur.

That's the most awesome thing I've ever heard. Seriously, EVER.

Rock on, Koosie ;)

Government Man
03-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Ooh! Does it look like this (http://colinraptor.ytmnd.com/)? ;)

InsaneFan
03-31-2007, 10:18 AM
I like to sit and think if I'm alone. It's nice and quiet. ^^ Except when there's a TV or computer. I like to talk to the characters on TV(so when I saw Homestar "making small talk" with the characters at the movie theater, I busted up xD), and I like to chat with mah buddies on the comp.

I've even started laughing when I was alone. Laughing over nothing. And I couldn't stop. o.o
...No, I don't need help...*shifty eyes*

Nyo
04-01-2007, 05:17 AM
I plan world domination. >_>

scary_dream
04-02-2007, 09:29 AM

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I love him.

koosie
04-30-2007, 02:44 PM

Wow! I only just noticed this. This guy rules, he's really has gone it down, even if he does look like the bad guy in Manhunter. It's a real pity he's not using it here as a method of self-propulsion. He could change the way we walk as a species!

Partymember
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
when noone's looking i speak Hungarian from a phrase book i picked up from a curious little Londoner. Now where ist der Tobacconists?

"C" the Dragon
05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I like being alone. Nice and peaceful, can pace around without anybody else telling me what's wrong with me.:P

Like everyone else, I talk to myself sometimes, I sing as well (and pretty good:wiltshock: ) but only when I hear a cool song from a MV on youtube. But unlike everyone ELSE... <.< >.> I like to be in my own world (daydream) about stuff.:P

Medikor
05-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Not so much when no one's looking but when no one is in the same house as me, I practice my voices and accents almost without thinking. If someone came within earshot they would think I'm crazy! 8D

BluebottleFlyer
05-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I'll sing (and scream to some heavy songs, I find it quite theraputic) when I'm alone (but I regularly sing in front of people at karaoke, so it kind of doesn't count), and I also have a nasty habit of talking to myself. And sometimes, I like to do some character speak, i.e. acting out some speech from my comics.

Robert
05-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I have been known to say a few words to myself. Sometimes the situation calls for it. I don't have any problems with yelling at my tv or computer.

Lynnie
01-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Bump! Wow, like really :D

What do I do when no one is looking? I do dance moves. Mostly from ballet and ballroom. I never actually took lessons for either, just watched them on TV, read books about them, and then "practice" myself at home. ;) I love to do grand jettes, or leaps where I almost do the splits in mid air. So much fun! Also pirouettes, where I spin on my toes. I need more practice keeping my balance doing that, though. And commonly stand with my feet in fourth position, to train my feet to turn outward (I do this in public sometimes, I bet some people think I'm weird, lol!). I also like to do all sorts of kicks. And if I'm really in the mood, I'll put on one of my costumes and just dance around. I love to waltz. :frankiesmile:

Speaking of putting my my costumes, sometimes I do that, too, if inspiration hits me right. I have a lot of costumes. Don't get to wear them very often. And sometimes I feel inspired to put one on and just wear it around the house for the day. I still like playing make believe, and it helps to be dressed for the part.

Sometimes if I'm thinking of something exciting, I'll get a rush of energy and I'll just start running for apparently no reason at all. When at home, I'll just do it up and down the hallway. But I've also done it in public if I don't keep myself in careful check, almost run into things (and people) that "come out of nowhere". And when I do it at someone else's house, I'm usually asked "Why are you running all of a sudden?" I then blush, smirk and say "Ah, I dunno. Just felt like it." I'm usually too embarrassed to admit what I was thinking about that triggered it. 8D

Of course I also sing to myself, and talk to myself. But those are quite common, I see.

Cassini90125
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Uh... Once, when no other members were online, I posted something truly, truly horrific, but I deleted it before anyone else could read it. :-[

jekylljuice
01-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Sometimes if I'm thinking of something exciting, I'll get a rush of energy and I'll just start running for apparently no reason at all. When at home, I'll just do it up and down the hallway. But I've also done it in public if I don't keep myself in careful check, almost run into things (and people) that "come out of nowhere". And when I do it at someone else's house, I'm usually asked "Why are you running all of a sudden?" I then blush, smirk and say "Ah, I dunno. Just felt like it." I'm usually too embarrassed to admit what I was thinking about that triggered it. 8D

Oh yeah, I'm no stranger to those urges myself. I used to be entirely comfortable bounding around where others could see me whenever I got a sudden serotonin rush, but following a string of comments from concerned family members, I've managed more or less to restrict that outlet to a frenzied form of pacing behind closed doors. It's always been tricky to explain, but it makes me feel ever so good, particularly when I have a whole load of pent-up energy in need of venting.

Uh... Once, when no other members were online, I posted something truly, truly horrific, but I deleted it before anyone else could read it. :-[

Blimey! Darn, you've got me really curious now. Still, I'm sure I can resist the urge to pry. :bloosmirk:

Partymember
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
LOL Cass, i did that too, by accident.

I keep 3-4 windows open @ a time, i THOUGHT i was PMing someone on another site, i only realized that i had written it here and posted it. I deleted it ASAP 8D

it could've been bad. And confusing.

fostersfan666
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
What I do whenever nobody is looking when i'm not listening to other music, I like to sing or hum out loud stuff that pops in my head. And I sometimes like to sing what i'm singing in a funny way. And sometimes I like to use some certain words whenever I mess up on something.

Pawbah
01-02-2008, 06:47 PM
I write fanfiction. I can't do that when everyone is around, so I do it when I am alone.

Partymember
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
i sing poor renditions of Led Zeppelin love songs

"Tangeriiiiiine, Tangeriiiiiiiine..."

quite pathetic 8D

Howard
01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I do poor renditions of Zeppelin songs on the guitar. Got kicked out of Guitar Center for playing "Stairway To Heaven" - It really DOES happen!:bloogrin:

Partymember
01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I do poor renditions of Zeppelin songs on the guitar. Got kicked out of Guitar Center for playing "Stairway To Heaven" - It really DOES happen!:bloogrin:

LMAO

"No Stairway!"

ah thats alright, it cant be any worse then my singing 8D

Cassini90125
01-03-2008, 03:58 PM
i sing poor renditions of Led Zeppelin love songs

"Tangeriiiiiine, Tangeriiiiiiiine..."

quite pathetic 8D

I need you two to not form a band, okay? ;)

Medikor
01-03-2008, 04:12 PM

A little walk on the wild side eh, Cass?;) I'm sure you just needed to let off some steam, like how people write very angry letters to people but make darn sure not to actually mail them.8D

Partymember
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I need you two to not form a band, okay? ;)

we already have:

http://www.hairsupply.org/

please watch our video!

Howard
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
we already have:

http://www.hairsupply.org/

please watch our video!

Rock and Roll! Me likey!:frankiesmile:

Partymember
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
LMAO that was supposed to be a joke. I found it a while back and had to share it 8D

Howard
01-03-2008, 05:43 PM
LMAO that was supposed to be a joke. I found it a while back and had to share it 8D

Good joke too - they look so '80's!:D

Partymember
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
LOL yeah whenever i feel bad i always watch that.

it slays me 8D

scary_dream
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I put on pretty clothes and high heels and dance around the house with my iPod on!!

Unfortunately one day I had the blinds cracked and didn't know it... my boyfriend who was just about to enter my apartment got a good chuckle out of it needless to say!! 8D

Crash-N-Cortex
01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Sometimes I would sneak to get a snack, like chips, cookies, and a soda, after I come home from school, due to the limited snacks we have at school.

Cassini90125
01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I put on pretty clothes and high heels and dance around the house with my iPod on!!

Um... uh... I'm going to go lie down now.

Mr. Marshmallow
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I bite my nails and flick them off into my garbage can or my floor (unintentionally). I hate using nail clippers on my fingernails and "trust" using my teeth not to bite anything too deep or close to the nerves so it won't hurt. Clippers always strike too close for my fingernails so that's why I bite them.

Other then that, the only thing I usually do when no one else is looking is watch one of the following:

Care bears
Ben 10
Sailor Moon
Any Disney or Don Bluth movie
Kim Possible

Howard
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I eat my buggers - NO! Just kidding...but seriously...no...um...I really do not know what my "blind self" does when nobody is looking.:frankiesmile:

Partymember
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
i like to freak out. Scream, pull out a knife and stab the wall, crank up some black metal (Bathory and Celtic Frost!)

jekylljuice
01-09-2008, 01:18 PM
I bite my nails and flick them off into my garbage can or my floor (unintentionally). I hate using nail clippers on my fingernails and "trust" using my teeth not to bite anything too deep or close to the nerves so it won't hurt. Clippers always strike too close for my fingernails so that's why I bite them.

I have no need for nail clippers, at least as far as my hapless little fingernails are concerned. They never get the chance to grow far enough. As soon as I see any sign of growth, I bite them. It's a habit which I've had ever since I was a kid, and if anything it's only gotten worse in recent years. It's something which I'll happily do in front of other people, in part because it's now such a deeply-ingrained habit that I'm often not aware I'm even doing it, though if my mum spies me with my nails in my mouth she'll make an effort to intervene, albeit usually not very successfully.

My toe nails are more or less out of harm's way. I never did get the hang of twisting my foot round into the critical position. I occasionally have to use the clippers on them.

Medikor
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
One thing that I usually do when no one is looking is run my hand along my beard just to make sure that it isn't too scruffy looking.8D

Cassini90125
03-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I've... I've been posting on another forum. :-[ :o

Sparky
03-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Lol...that's probably good for you. :D

I've just been on the new My Starbucks Idea (http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/home/home.jsp) site posting my ideas and comments for the past few hours. In fact I just saw the best suggestion ever: to allow people to post a link/button on their website/blog so people can buy them points on their reloadable sbux card. If they do that I will so put one on here and consider those site donations. 8D

Howard
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I pick my nose...:wiltshock:

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
(so when I saw Homestar "making small talk" with the characters at the movie theater, I busted up xD)

I wonder how you spell tabasco.

TABASCOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But yeah I talk to myself when I'm alone.