PDA

View Full Version : The new seven wonders of the world

LaBloo
03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
heard this.
That there having the new 7 Wonders of the world. Here are the 21 finalists.
Acropolis, Greece
Alhambra, Spain
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Chichen Itza, Mexico
Christ The redeemer, Rio de Janeiro
Colosseum, Rome
Easter Island
Eifell Tower, Paris
Great wall of china
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul
Kiyomizu, Japan
Red Square, Moscow
Machu Picchu, Peru
Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
Pettra, Lebanon
Pyramid of giza
Statue Of liberty
Stonehedge
Sydney Opera House
Taj Mahal
Timbuktu, libya

Which 7 would you pick?

Cassini90125
03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Why isn't Fr- never mind. Of the choices listed, not all of which I was familiar with, unfortunately, I'd select these:

Acropolis, Greece
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Colosseum, Rome
Easter Island
Great wall of china
Stonehedge
Taj Mahal

I think the Giza pyramid is already considered a world wonder. I would have also included the Aztec pyramids as a finalist.

LaBloo
03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I Heard that that they want to again.
Who else votes.

scary_dream
03-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I liked the old seven... plus, I don't want to have to memorize another seven!!! Wahh!

Though, I'd not pick the Statue of Liberty, not because of what it stands for, but structurally it's not that fantastic. I mean, think of the Colossus of Rhodes - that's considered a "wonder", but they also built it (if I'm not mistaken) hundreds of years before the Statue of Liberty, using entirely different building methods. Anymore, even such a large structure is quite commonplace, especially whenever it wasn't built using dirt mounds and an entire lack of semi-modern machinery.

I dunno... it seems to me like a "wonder" should be something that seems to defy the laws of physics or human capacity during its creation/existence. Thus, I'd vote for Stonehenge, because that was built using (if historians are correct) nothing but man power and simple machines.

LaBloo
03-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, Who else is voting?

Partymember
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Thus, I'd vote for Stonehenge, because that was built using (if historians are correct) nothing but man power and simple machines.

i always thought it was aliens..?

scary_dream
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
i always thought it was aliens..?

Hah yeah, but you know those stuffy historians... always the ones to ruin the fun. :P

LaBloo
03-17-2007, 05:21 AM
They don't ruin the fun these 7 wonders lasted for a long time for now.

scary_dream
03-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Um... I was talking about them ruining the fun by not believing in aliens.