PDA

View Full Version : 300

emperor26
03-08-2007, 04:54 AM
For those who doesn't know by now, 300, based on Frank Miller's Graphic Novel, will hit theaters tomorrow.

So if you do see the movie, or at least going to, post your thoughts on it.

For me, I know it is going to be great.

Partymember
03-08-2007, 06:39 AM
oh yeah...its gonna rock

Dark "DC" Chaos
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Just came back from seeing it. I must say, it's one of the most epic films I've ever seen. Even more so than any of the Lord of the Rings movies. But that's probably because this was so much more bloody.
I also like Leonidas' mocking of the Persians throughout the film; a lot of it I laughed at. 8D

CG
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd like to see it, but I am really not into bloody, or gorey movies.

Nathander
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Just came back from seeing it. I must say, it's one of the most epic films I've ever seen. Even more so than any of the Lord of the Rings movies. But that's probably because this was so much more bloody.
I also like Leonidas' mocking of the Persians throughout the film; a lot of it I laughed at. 8D

While I thought it was epic, I have to disagree with saying it was more epic than the LotR movies. It was, however, an incredibly well done movie. While I haven't read Miller's original graphic novel, it was a good (though inaccurate) story of the battle it was based off of. Definantely worth rewatching.

scary_dream
03-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Oooh I'm going to see it tomorrow! I can't wait.

I've heard a lot of critics whine that it's not realistic enough. It's not SUPPOSED to be incredibly realistic, from what I can tell.

It makes me wonder: Did those critics also whine that LotR wasn't realistic enough because it had elves? ::)

emperor26
03-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Saw it in theaters today, and I really glad I watched 300. :)

I have to admit, it is brutal, but overall, the movie is good.

Well, that's all I have to say.

scary_dream
03-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I saw it yesterday, and I really enjoyed it.

It's very, for lack of a better word, "strong". The hugeness of the scenery, the commitment of the Spartans, the size and appearance of the Persian army, all of that is a lot to take in, but not in a bad way. It's nice seeing a movie of such porportions!