PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion: Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree (1/21/2005)

taranchula
08-20-2006, 05:42 PM
The season premier of Foster's second season, was the one singular episode that convinced me that this show is indeed something special. How can I not love an episode that contained references to Lord of the Rings, Bootsy Collins, Green Eggs and Ham, The Beastie Boys, Def Leopard and almost every house party and dance themed movie that came out over the last 20 or so years, plus the episode contained one of my favorite one shot characters of all time "Dancey Pantalones" (Even though he tried to "serve" the Wilt-man, yeah like that was going to happen...) and introduced us all to the wonderful comedic image that was "Eduardo on a Tricycle". Yeah, it was a one heck of a party indeed.

Bloo2daMacs
08-20-2006, 06:03 PM
yeah I used to adore this episode to pieces but compared to some of the newer episodes, meh. I'm sorry. But I do have to say that I think this might've been the episode that made this show become my favorite show. I can't remember when I started liking this show so much, I just knoew I always thought it was a great Cartoon Network show ever scince it first premiered.

billytheskink
08-20-2006, 06:06 PM
It was one wacky episode, a lot of fun.

"Partying" made me forget about my dissatisfaction with "Blooooo" and convinced me that the show could continue to produce great episodes. It didn't try to do anything more than be funny, and that's when Foster's is at its best.

BlooCheese
08-20-2006, 08:45 PM
I loved Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree. It was funny seeing Mac go really crazy. Great episode.

Scribble
08-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I have to say that after watching "Partying", everytime someone even mentions sugar that's all I can think about.8D

Kzinistzerg
08-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Lol, yeah. I have a friend who has a shade of that type of behavior if you ever give her a cafeteria sluishie (but then again, they probably use slushies to get rid of the toxic waste from making whatever they call that glop they normally serve). This is great episode. It was funny to see Mac go nuts.

LaBlooGirl
08-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Definitely one of my favorites. Best scene is Bloo doing a slide across the hood of Madame Foster's car as he jumps back into the driver's seat. (And with Wilt controlling the pedals.)

One of those legendary Foster's moments.

Imaginary Light
08-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Mac's sugar rush = best sugar rush. Ever. The end.

scary_dream
08-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Mac's reaction to sugar... amazing. Though I think the best part is whenever they have to all get in Madam Foster's car and go find his naked self running through town!

Not to mention I think it's really funny how Bloo can't reach the pedals, so Wilt has to press the gas... from the back seat.

(Yeah, I know it was aforementioned, but can't I agree just this once? ;)

buyamerican159
08-22-2006, 10:03 AM
this was the first episode i ever saw, and i loved it. Its a pity it isnt rerun often anymore.

bloonuggets
08-28-2006, 09:22 PM
"POUR SOME SUGAR ON MAC!"

R.O.T.F.L.M.M.F.A.O.!

One Radical Dude
08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
That was one fun, wacky episode. I had high expectations for this one, after "Bloooo" really disappointed me. It was great to see a different side of Mac, and I enjoyed seeing his different facial expressions in "sugar-rush" mode. :)

Scribble
08-28-2006, 11:19 PM
This is a little off-topic but on 'Hiccy Burp' when Mac's trying to get rid of Bloo's hiccups is that sugar he's pouring into his mouth? If it is, Mac's a little dangerously close to it. XD

Kzinistzerg
08-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Yes, But I think they might have been making fun of the calvin and hobbes strip where they're trying to do anything to get rid of calvin's hiccups (scaring him, drinking water from the far side of a glass, eating sugar) (hobbes says, "I think most hiccup cures were really invented for the amusement of the patient's friends.") It's on page 67 and 68 of The Indespensable Calvin and Hobbes.

Ub3rD4n
05-02-2007, 01:06 AM
This episode's gotta be up there with the all time greats. Not THE greatest, but still. It was awesome all round. No one part stood out for me (except the Bloo Wilt driving thing already mentioned). It was also the first episode I saw, when I was deciding if I liked it or not, and I thought by the end that it was worth a shot. I would later be VERY glad that this was the first I saw. If you see a fairly bad one, or even an average one first, you may not cotton on to the true greatness of Fosters before you relegate it to "not worth my time". I know a freind who I think would really like Fosters (he loves Azumanga Daioh, which I see as a similar humour), but the only episode he saw was Hiccy Burp, and now he refuses to watch any more. :( Ah, well, I can always try for a convert.

KazooBloo
12-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Loved when Mac escaped and the gang had to find him. :P