PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/ Least Favorite School Subjects

emperor26
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I really like art, mainly because of less homework, plus, all you need is some few art equipments, and an imagination.:D

I really don't like math. Very complicated, plus, confusing as well.

some guy you dont know
02-06-2007, 06:12 PM
um.. lets see.. i like social studies and science(yet for some reason, no science in the 8th grade :( ) and arts fun too.

i despize, DESPIZE, algebra 1, and i hate computer. computers just really typing class.

SkittleMonkey
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
My favorites are probably History, English, and Algebra because those are what I'm best at. Art's more like an extracurricular for me; I don't take a class for it because I'm homeschooled, so mom really just sees it as slacking off on my less interesting stuff.

My least favorite would probably have to be Biology because it's what I have trouble with most times. I have an A in the class, but it takes a lot of hard work on my part to earn it, and that is why it's my least favorite.

My favorite subjects are the ones that come easily to me without too much hard work, and I get my best grades from those. It sounds lazy, I know. But with all my work I'm having to do and what little time I have to do it, there's barely any time for breaks, and I get those occasionally from the easier stuff.

Other than that, school is awesome, and I just totally love it. Yes, I admit I am a nerd!!!

Subzeroace
02-06-2007, 08:35 PM
When I was still in school I liked art, English anything with computers and geography. My hated subjects were math, gym, music... Ok pretty much everything else... I hated school :(

Nathander
02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Favorite: Exploration of the Arts
Least Favorite: Genetics

Medikor
02-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I despised school as a whole, but I loved history classes. I enjoyed cpu classes aswell.:D My least favorites were math, gym and geology.

Carlaz
02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Favorite: History :)

Least Favorite: Algebra & Chemisty :P

Vampyre
02-07-2007, 11:35 AM
I have three favourites:

Music (because I've always been pretty good when it comes to music [not to brag]
Art (because I'm pretty good at that two) and
English (same as the above)

And I have three least favoruites

Gymnastics/Swimming (Because I'm not a very sporty person, and I find it embarassing
French (because my French teacher scares me... She's just so... Peppy) and
German (because it's boring and I don't get it)

Imaginary Light
02-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I love any class that has to do with art (like my current Jewelry and Portfolio classes), Drama class, Shakespeare, all those creative classes, you know. Oh, and lunch!

I can't really stand Participation In Government and stuff like that. Those kinds of classes (ie. the required classes) make me angry.

Partymember
02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
i really like APUS History, English 11 is easy, Art is stupid because i get told what to create. I dropped physics but Math B is killing me.

BlooCheese
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I love biology, but I hate physics, mainly because of all those formulas you have to memorize. I also like geometry (but algebra is way better) although I have to work pretty hard to get an A.

I hate health class, mainly because it's boring, and the homework reminds me of stuff from elementary school.

Partymember
02-07-2007, 04:18 PM
French (because my French teacher scares me... She's just so... Peppy) and
German (because it's boring and I don't get it)

You have to take two languages? Is that standard or did you elet to take both? I do the French meself.

Crash-N-Cortex
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
I like art, keyboarding, english, and history.
I don't like math and chemistry very much.

GrimTheLost
02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
My favorite class is Supervisory Management.

My least favorite is Business Law.

Both classes have the same teacher who looks like an older version of Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four movie, so it isn't all bad.

derangedperson
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Favorite classes: English, history, social studies
Least favorite classes: Math, especially algebra. I did okay with geometry, but algebra was all Greek to me.

Jabberwocky
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Art is stupid because i get told what to create. The whole point is to try and break out of the box!

Art is my favorite subject. I've never taken an art class in school but my councelor wants me to next year. He says if I throw together a portfolio or bring in a sketchbook, he can try and get me skipped straight to Art III or the studio thing. Cause I'm just that good. XD

Least favorite subject is math, duh. It's sooo pointless and boring and difficult and stupid. If there's something negative to be said about a class, you can say it about math. What an awful invention. :[

And I don't like English this year, because my teacher is a total lunatic.

Partymember
02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
yeah, exactly! Why do i have to do this or that? And the chick who splatters paint on a canvas is considered a creative genius. AAAAARGH! She has NO talent, she can't draw peole proportionally never mind convincingly! Even her lndscapes are awful. But no, while i'm making a watercolor landscape of a forest in winter with professional paint and brushes, she splatters cheap (i mean REALLY, REALLY, CHEAP) acrylics on the canvas. Literally splatters. So long as theres more brown on the bottom and more blue on the top, he thinks its a masterpiece.

BTW, anybody know when we're going to use algebraic proofs later in life?

WiltFan
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
My favorite subject is Art.....though i'm not currently in an art class. :(
So, as for the classes I actually AM currently taking, my favorite would probably be Computer Applications or Geography. I'd say Computer Applications because its such an easy class. (i even help students in a higher grade level than me). My least favorite is Biology. My teacher is awesome, but the subject itself is.....XP

Cassini90125
02-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Least favorite subject is math, duh. It's sooo pointless and boring and difficult and stupid. If there's something negative to be said about a class, you can say it about math. What an awful invention. :[

Yeah, dang that math. Doesn't serve any purpose other than being the underpinnings of every single advance in engineering and technology, not to mention that pesky Internet.

podpazie
02-10-2007, 07:33 AM
High school classes:
Favorite: Band, Band study hall, photography, film making, anatomy, physiology, myths and legends
Least Favorite: English, physics, algebra2, geometry

College Classes:
Favorite: all of the AODA coursework, internship, Algebra, statistics, anatomy, physiology, biochem, chem, microbiology, biology, internet and web design
Least Favorite: any course that started with ENG (english) I hate writting 20 page papers, any course that started with LIT (literature) for some reason they always thought that they were the only class you took and had you reading 2 books at a time and handing in a 5 page synopsis every week. I loved the professors though.

Jabberwocky
02-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah, dang that math. Doesn't serve any purpose other than being the underpinnings of every single advance in engineering and technology, not to mention that pesky Internet.

I didn't say math has no use; I was talking about the class. I don't think people who will NEVER use it should have to take four years of it. It is 100% useless in everyday life. I doubt most people even remember any of it after they graduate.

@Partyface: The best you can do with the ohoho draw a railroad trailing off into the distance assignments is to put your own spin on it. Like we had to do a winter house in eighth grade. I painted a giant mushroom with windows. XD

Partymember
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
yeah...i try to get around them somehow.

montitech
02-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Back when I was in school my favorite were: Linear Algebra, Modern Physics, Anatomy of Computational Languges,and intro to Philosophy.

My Least Favorite where Speach, Western Civilazation and Reasearch Paper.

Monty :-/

Nyo
02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
My all-time favorite subject is Social Studies. My teacher adores me. :frankiesmile: Science and Stagecraft (aka art) are also fun too.

I hate English sooo much! The subject I can live with, but the teacher has a bit of an loud mouth. :( Math's a little too hard, but I love my math teacher. She's so nice. Gym bores the crap outta me, but (you guessed it) the teacher is nice.

Bride_Of_Lister
02-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I adore my year 12 Lit class, we have such awesome discussions and my laboratory Skills uni course is really interesting. I hope to go to Canberra to do laboratory glass blowing when I get my diploma.

One Radical Dude
02-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Before college...

Loved: Phys. Ed (in grades 5 and 6, and 9), Geography, Earth Science, Geometry, Keyboarding, Art, Library Aide, and Music.

Disliked: Chemistry, Algebra 2, Literature (mainly with writing essays), 7th Grade Phys. Ed. (had to run great distances, and had to try to beat a certain time -- that was too much for me).

In my college years:

Loved: Most computer courses.

Disliked: General Psychology, College Algebra, Freshman Composition (again, I hated writing essays).