PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With The Game

PaperHatCat
02-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but i've been having trouble with the game loading for a while now. Sometimes it would go extremely slow, slow enough for it to log me out and me have to try again. I didn't see this as that big of a problem but recently only the border of the site has been loading for me. I don't know much about computers but i know theres nothing wrong with the one i'm using, other than the fact that i don't turn it off for long periods of time sometimes. i thought this could have been the problem so i turned it off for a few hours and tried again, and got the same results. I did a complete virus scan, and nothing came up. I then tried the site only 3 other computers in my house (i'm on a network with the rest of my family). I got the same result for each one. I don't know whats wrong, but if anyone else is having the same problems then i'll be a bit relieved. This is the second day this has been happening, its happened before to me but not for this long of a time. I'm more worried about completing the game before the game is taken down then anything else. And about that, has anyone heard if its gonna be up for a longer period of time?

montitech
02-06-2007, 02:50 PM
The game uses a high CPU load, and occationally it can take a reallllly loooooooong time to startup. typically startup times are larger when it has to redownload the lots of stuff. Because it uses a high CPU Load running other applications when trying to run House Party will make it have issues.
sometimes disabling virus protection and spam blockers may assist, but at the same time it leaves your PC open for attacks.

also try this link to start the game, I use it in my shortcuts and it has helped my,
http://awesomehouseparty.com/house/home.jsp?startPoint=animation&useBuffer=true

another thing that may be needed is to update the Flash/shockwave player.
I was asked to update it when I went to the CN Vidio site yesterday.

or the problem may be your Internet speed, for example if you have three computers all using the same internet at once things may slow down.
If any of this stuff works or you found the issue, post back here.

monty :-/

Imdebaby
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I've been having problems for two days now as well but I can't actually get into the game. I get a white screen in the play box and nothing else. I keep getting prompted to restart for shockwave updates to apply but I've done it several times and tried other times of not restarting and I get the same results either way. Do you know of a way around this or if there is a setting that I need to change to allow the game to work properly?

Thanks
:) :bloosmirk: :cheese:

PaperHatCat
02-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for trying to help monty, but still nothing. i have the latest version of the flash player, when i went to the site it said i had version 9,0,28,0 installed. I don't know what to do. I may call a friend up tommorow and see if they can have a look.

I've been having problems for two days now as well but I can't actually get into the game. I get a white screen in the play box and nothing else. I keep getting prompted to restart for shockwave updates to apply but I've done it several times and tried other times of not restarting and I get the same results either way. Do you know of a way around this or if there is a setting that I need to change to allow the game to work properly?

Thanks
:) :bloosmirk: :cheese:

Imdebaby-
-i don't have a white box but a yellow one where the game is played, like thats any better, but i had the same thing happen to me when i first tried to play the game. try right clicking on the white box and go to the site to download the newest version. I did this, and everything was fine, until the other day.

Imdebaby
02-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks PaperHatCat. I'll try that. You are correct, it is actually yellow. lol

ellestea
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
it keeps taking forever to load for me... and then i keep getting logged out...

Shany
02-07-2007, 03:56 AM
I have the same problem. Some days the game will load normally and everything will work just fine, while other times it'll take forever to load, and even if it finishes loading the game, when I enter a new floor and it needs to load that floor it will get stuck, forcing me to reload the entire thing.

I don't understand why can't the game load most of it onto the computer, and then only have to load things like imaginary friends and chore items when you log on. There are alot of large flash games on the web that don't have loading issues, so I don't understand why this one is so buggy.

Carlaz
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the prizes disappearing once you've won them & logged off?

I lost the ocean floor, my fish poster and 2 IF photos from the "Kactus Kombat" game twice. I re-played the game, won the prizes. The next time I logged in it lost my high score plus the prizes.

I have since replayed the game & won these items again. I hope this is the last time! ::)

PaperHatCat
02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I just logged in and it was at a decent loading speed, i'm happy i can acually play the game again. I still have no idea why my screen was just yellow for the last couple days. I guess it just needed some time to realize how great I am and it decided to make things right. haha.

i have had items won disapear once or twice also. One time it was from me Xing out instead of logging out and another time I won and logged out around 12 am and i usually can't log on around this time for some reason so i'm guessing things didn't save since i logged off at this time.

podpazie
02-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Anyone else having trouble with the prizes disappearing once you've won them & logged off?

I lost the ocean floor, my fish poster and 2 IF photos from the "Kactus Kombat" game twice. I re-played the game, won the prizes. The next time I logged in it lost my high score plus the prizes.

I have since replayed the game & won these items again. I hope this is the last time! ::)
I was having that problem, and I was playing Schooled...... I really dispise that game.

Eldie
02-10-2007, 11:56 AM
I am a newbie but I have notcied that many, many few times I have not been able to get into the game at all or would be bumped off. Sometimes if I clean out my cache and history folder it would work. But then again I am trying it right now and it won't work.::) It is hanging at 63%...:'( Not sure if that will help anyone or not.

I know this doesn't pertain to the game but does anyone know where I can locate some Fosters Home screen savers on the net? (Especially Cheese.) I'm not having much luck.

Thanks