PDA

View Full Version : My Foster's Statue Location

Howard
01-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Hi gang,

I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I thought I would share where I put my Frankie/Herriman/Madame Foster statue. It is in a very hallowed place - my curio cabinet (formerly my grandmother's). Yes, that is REAL crystal in there (handed down the family), and the bronzed booties are from 1908 (my grandfather). The open leather covered book there is my great grandfather's eulogy, and the lego truck is mine when I was three. Here are some more of the statue pics.:frankiesmile:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/duck2k/DSCF0337.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/duck2k/DSCF0336.jpg

Cassini90125
01-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Looks great! I like the way the colors stand out amidst all the white and crystal. Mine is currently sitting on my desk, between my scanner and my Sailor Saturn statue. :frankiesmile:

Your Mr. Herriman's head is turned more to the left than mine. I wonder why that is?

Carlaz
01-29-2007, 10:39 AM
As Cassini stated the bright colors of the Fosters' statue contrast well with the crystal glassware. :frankiesmile:

The curio cabinet looks gorgeous! What type of wood is it made from? :)

Howard
01-29-2007, 11:00 AM
As Cassini stated the bright colors of the Fosters' statue contrast well with the crystal glassware. :frankiesmile:

The curio cabinet looks gorgeous! What type of wood is it made from? :)

I do believe it is oak. I will say it was EXTREMELY heavy to move without the shelves in it. But it is a strong piece, which is something they don't do anymore. You know the ol' "build 'em like they used to" thing.:frankiesmile:

Carlaz
01-29-2007, 11:21 AM
I do believe it is oak. I will say it was EXTREMELY heavy to move without the shelves in it. But it is a strong piece, which is something they don't do anymore. You know the ol' "build 'em like they used to" thing.:frankiesmile:

I definitely ~ know what you mean! I have some wooden chairs that came with my Grandfather from Dublin, Ireland in 1918 & they're in beautiful condition yet.

KazooBloo
12-15-2016, 12:58 AM
What is Herriman holding?