PDA

View Full Version : Golden Globes: Your Votes

frankie_fan
01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
With the Golden Globes to air on Tuesday, I thought it would be good for anyone to cast their votes on who and what film/TV show should take home the Golden Globe this year. Here's the link:

http://www.hfpa.org/nominations/index.html

Here's my votes:

Best Drama Picture: The Departed
Best Musical/Comedy Picture: Borat
Best Actor - Drama: Leonardo DiCaprio - The Departed
Best Actress - Drama: Helen Mirren - The Queen
Best Actor - Musical/Comedy: Johnny Depp - POTC: Dead Man's Chest
Best Actress - Musical/Comedy: Renee Zellweger - Miss Potter
Best Supporting Actor: Jack Nicholson - The Departed
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett - Notes On A Scandal
Best Director: Martin Scorsese - The Departed
Best Screenplay: The Departed
Best Original Song: Happy Feet - 'The Song of the Heart'
Best Original Score: Hans Zimmer - The Da Vinci Code
Best Foregin Language Film: Apocalypto
Best Animated Feature Film: Monster House

Best Drama TV: 24
Best Musical/Comedy TV: The Office
Best Mini-Series/TV Movie: Elizabeth I
Best Actor - Mini-Series/TV Movie: Matthew Perry - The Ron Clark Story
Best Actress - Mini-Series/TV Movie: Gillian Anderson - Bleak House
Best Actor - Musical/Comedy TV: Tony Shalhoub - Monk
Best Actrees - Musical/Comedy TV: America Ferrera - Ugly Betty
Best Actor - Drama TV: Hugh Laurie - House MD
Best Actress - Drama TV: Patricia Arquette - Medium
Best Supporting Actor - TV/Mini-Series/TV Movie: Thomas Hayden Church - Broken Trail
Best Supporting Actresss - TV/Mini-Series/TV Movie: Toni Collette - Tsunami: The Aftermath

Invader Bloo
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
From what I've seen last year:
Best Comedy: Borat ( My second favorite film of alltime- " I like")
Best Comedy Actor: Sacha Baron Cohen
Best Animated Movie: Cars
Best Original Score: The Davinci Code
Best Original Song: "The Song of the Heat"

Not caring about anything else.

Mr. Marshmallow
01-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I honestly don't care to vote much on this mostly because I HATE most awards shows. They constantly pick the same 4 or 5 movies and put them in every other award category while usually everything I go to see at the theaters is considered "trash" will never be nominated.

I also especially am pissed at the director's choice and animator's choice awards because: 1. I find it totally unfair that Eastwood gets nominated twice, even if he did make films worthy of the awards, it gives him an unfair advantage. And 2: thanks to "Arthur and the Invisibles", only 3 animated movies are nominated.

This cut out alot of QUALITY animated movies (Over the hedge included) to be cut out because of a stupid rule. The only votes I shout to are:

Comedy actor: Steve Carrell for "The Office"
Comedy series: "The Office"
Best Drama TV series: "Heroes"

And Supporting actor: Masi Oka for "Heroes"

Btw, my award show hating came from one particular movie, "The English Patient".

rukift
01-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I'll probably end up breaking something if Monk and Cars didn't win. :(

frankie_fan
01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
I'll probably end up breaking something if Monk and Cars didn't win. :(

Well, Cars did win (although I wanted Monster House to win), but Monk didn't (Alec Baldwin won it instead for 30 Rock).

Mr. Marshmallow
01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
No offense to "Monk" fans but I'm glad Alec Baldwin won the award because I think he's a hilarious actor ever since he did those weird FBI type guest spots on "Will and Grace". I think he's really shown a natural flare for comedy skills.

I'm still pissed about how the award show screwed everyone in the animation department out of getting 5 slots for the awards. But I must admit, I was surprised when "Cars" won. I was for sure expecting "Happy Feet" to win.

Medikor
01-16-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm still pissed about how the award show screwed everyone in the animation department out of getting 5 slots for the awards. But I must admit, I was surprised when "Cars" won. I was for sure expecting "Happy Feet" to win.

I lost all faith in award shows when Chriss Rock was made host (of the Oscers I think), and downright insulted when they let him bring Adam Sandler up so they could do a (very unfunny) team-up act.
I havent paid the Golden Globes any attention but my vote, if any, would go to 24. I've only seen one season in its entirety and the cliffhanger surprise ending of the two-day-four-episode-season-premeir has left me speechless with goosbumps! It reminded me why I need to get the show on dvd.8D

One Radical Dude
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Personally, I don't care about most award shows nowadays. For one, a lot of undeserving folks or movies end up winning. Another thing is the fact I dislike hearing politics in award shows. If I wanted politics, I'll watch the news or watch the debates. I'm not going to say much more.

rukift
01-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, Cars did win (although I wanted Monster House to win), but Monk didn't (Alec Baldwin won it instead for 30 Rock).

I guess Monk's gotten enough love when it comes to awards, but it'd still be nice if they won again.

Mr. Marshmallow
01-16-2007, 08:31 PM
I guess Monk's gotten enough love when it comes to awards, but it'd still be nice if they won again.

Monk gave Tony Schaloub the best comedic actor award for a TV series 2 years in a row, which I was glad to see didn't become a 3rd. No offense to Schaloub or Monk fans, but alot of my other favorite comedic actors were in there too.

Zach Braff, Jason Lee, but I was especially upset that Steve Carrell didn't win because I think he's magnificent in "The Office" and that show is one of my favorite programs ever. "Heroes" didn't win anything but I still am happy.

They got into 2 different slots and they've only been around for one season, I'm REALLY impressed and happy for that show and glad it survived NBC's serial killing of pretty much all their new TV shows this fall.

frankie_fan
01-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Sacha Baron Cohen won Best Actor?!? WTF!!!! :frankiemad: :frankiemad:

Invader Bloo
01-19-2007, 09:27 PM
For a comedy. I'm jiffed that 'Dreamgirls' won.::)