01-09-2007, 05:46 PM
1.) Emancipation Complication
2.) Setting A President
3.) Cuckcoo For Coco Cards
4.) Bye Bye Nerdy
5.) When There's A Wilt, There's A Way/ Everyone Knows It's Bendy

Voxxyn
01-09-2007, 06:41 PM
1. Imposter's Home For, Um... Make 'Em Up Pals ~ A vile and traumatic mess. A callous insult to Frankie and her fans. A complete disgrace to Foster's.

2. Where There's A Wilt There's A Way ~ Just like "Imposter's"--same writer, same long-winded title, same unwarranted cruel treatment of sympathetic and beloved characters.

3. Foster's Goes To Europe ~ Basically a mish-mash of inconsistent scenes and gags assembled together under a very basic premise... up until the ending, which is brutally coldblooded and absolutely disgraceful on part of the entire crew. Eurotrish was an entertaining one-shot character, and the fact she manages to return home might be considered as the saving grace--except she gets cynically mocked and rejected in the ending credits. Yes, they definitely weren't trying to hurt people's feelings... :jk:

4. I Only Have Surprise For You ~ The meanspirited nature of this episode took a while to kick in for me, but once it did, it stung pretty badly. Like with the other listed episodes, the writers completely misunderstand conflict and making characters "suffer for their art". It's funny to see the egocentric, larger-than-life Looney Tunes cast endure extreme physical pain--but it is NOT funny to see a sympathetic and wholesome kid like Mac become psychologically traumatized over what should be a day of joy and happiness.

5. Phone Home - This had a very promising storyline and setup -- Bloo envying Wilt and his heroic achievements -- that really deserved it's own half-hour episode. Ironically, though, it didn't even bother to make proper use of it's 11-minute runtime, as it derailed with the annoyingly obvious saga of Cell Phone Guy. The Groucho Marx chicken was cool, at least.

Additionally, I find it almost impossible to get into any episode in which Frankie is absent or only makes a blink-and-miss-it background appearance("The Big Leblooski", "Eddie Monster", "One False Movie", "Infernal Slumber" and "Make-Believe It Or Not"). They definitely aren't bad episodes because of it, but for me at least, the show loses a lot of color and warmth without Frankie.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
01-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I had a feeling that it was only a matter of time before someone posted a topic like this...the evil cousin of the Top 10 Fave Episodes thread, if you will. :scaryberry: You many notice that I've bashed out another monstrously long post, and I'm sorry about that (is that OK? :(); this wasn't so enjoyable to write, either.

Now, these aren't in any order, nor are they actually my picks for "worst episodes" per se - there are one or two that I think are actually worse than some of the ones I've picked. These are just episodes with which I have specific problems that I want to highlight.

Adoptcalypse Now

This episode had its moments (notably, Herriman's realisation that he doesn't wear any pants), but I feel the writers really miscalculated in their assumption that I could sympathise with Mac and Bloo's efforts to sabotage Adopt-A-Thought Saturday. I've always loved the poignancy of the Foster's concept, which was evoked very well at the end of "Good Wilt Hunting"; Foster's is really like an orphanage, a place for lost and abandoned friends to stay until they can find a loving family, and another chance at happiness both fr themselves and for their child. Wilt even says as much in this episode when he's reprimanding Bloo for his actions, but he and Mac, in their self-serving quest to ruin the day, simply ignore him. Obviously the audience is supposed to do the same, but I just couldn't.

My So-Called Wife

It feels a little harsh to include this episode in this list, because it did make me laugh a few times, but the fact is I was really disappointed by how this one turned out. There's a Chinese proverb I learned that really summed up how I felt about this episode - "to paint legs on a snake", ie to ruin something by adding things which are superfluous. The central premise, of the stuffy Mr Herriman having to give the insane Coco the My Fair Lady treatment to pass her off as his wife, is fantastic, but the writers seemed unable to follow it through, instead adding a huge host of entirely extraneous additional plotlines and twists (Bloo's sarcasm lessons, Mac and Bloo inexplicably deciding to crash the party, the ludicrous millionaire games plotline, Mr Factor turning out to be a conman) that gave us a few laughs but completely compromised any narrative coherency, and also rendering the great central plotline practically irrelevant. Coco doesn't get many showcase episodes, and I was sad to see how this one was hijacked. :(

Imposter's Home For Um...Make' Em Up Pals

I wrote a very long analysis of exactly what I thought went wrong with the infamous "Imposter's..." in the "Goofball John Magee" topic on the "Supporting Characters" board, so if you want my full thoughts on this episode, head over there. In short, I don't despise the episode with the same fervour a lot of others do, because I don't believe the writers actually intended it to be mean-spirited or malicious; I think it was intended to be twenty minutes of zany fun with a surprising and emotionally satisfying ending. Needless to say, that therefore makes the actual execution a mind-bogglingly colossal failure in all respects, as what it came across as was a deeply, deeply irritating story of an extremely obnoxious character harassing an extremely likeable character and getting no comeuppance for it whatsoever. The episode is not evil, in my opinion; just rubbish.

Foster's Goes To Europe

EuroTrish was an amusing parody of Don Bluth-brand schmaltz, but otherwise this was just another example of how to completely mismanage audience reaction. Just like "Imposter's..." here we had a very sympathetic protagonist (Mac) being walked all over for twenty minutes by entirely unsympathtic antagonists (everyone else really, but mostly Bloo). What kind of satisfaction are we supposed to take from that? And that's not even mentioning the ludicrously mean-spirited ending...in my opinion, the character of Madame Foster was generally handled really quite badly right up until late Season Three. The idea was always that she's supposed to be a really lovely, pleasant and sprightly old dear who's occasionally prone to the odd burst of craziness or belligerence for comedic effect, but for most of the first three seasons, her pleasant side was just kind of assumed; they didn't bother to actually show it very often at all. As a result, the impression I got of her was that she was just a senile, actually quite unpleasant old lady. :wiltshock: They've since rectified this with episodes such as A Lost Claus, Bloo's The Boss and Emancipation Complication, but her actions in Foster's Goes To Europe still stand out as the series's nastiest moment.

Camp Keep A Good Mac Down

This suffers from a similar problem to the previous two episodes, but Mac isn't quite as sympathetic here. In fact, this is one of those episodes where none of the characters is particularly sympathetic; the writers aren't trying to engage you emotionally here, they're just using the characters' established schticks to drive forward a series of events. This isn't a problem in itself, as many great episodes have come from this template (Bus The Two Of Us being a standout); the problem is that they unbalance the whole dynamic by making Bloo so utterly unlikeable. This is a show whose emotional basis and underlying theme is one of friendship, primarily the one between Mac and Bloo. Sure, Bloo is a hyperactive, overly impulsive and often selfish character, but if you just make him an obnoxious jerk to the extent he doesn't even seem to care about his friends, you undermine the entire basis of the show. This and the previous two episodes I mentioned formed a quick-fire triple whammy at the beginning of Season Three which could have actually killed the show dead; the writers have thankfully since got it right back on track, but they need to make sure they remember and learn from the mistakes they made then.

Mr. Marshmallow
01-09-2007, 10:14 PM
I am REALLY surprised to find "Camp" and "My so called Wife" on here, because I laughed my ass of at those two episodes. I know each his own and all, but I really enjoyed those.

1. I Only have Surprise for you

Aside from Eduardo's great performance just "doing what everyone else does" I can't stand to watch a second of this travesty anymore. This episode is nothing more then a flaming red hot poker in the eye for Mac and myself, a hardcore character bashing episode with NO resolve.

Frankie even got SOME resolve from her nightmare episode, but I refuse to find the humor or enjoyment in seeing a kid becoming psychologically damaged and permanently terrified of his own birthday by his own BEST FRIEND. It's painful to watch any of it just knowing that it's just a means to cripple poor Mac.

2. Foster's home for um....Make'em up pals

While happy at the end, Frankie didn't deserve any of the hellish crap she was put through in this episode. Anyone with a pair of eyeballs and a BRAIN could come to suspect Goofball was a fake. This episode did nothing but abuse, drain, and suffocate Frankie and abuse her contributes to this house hold.

Watching her scrubbing scene is like having pins jammed in my skin, it's just too painful to take without cringing. Frankie didn't deserve this, and Frankie fan or not, no one should have to put up with someone like Goofball EVER.

3. Make-Believe it or not

I'll be honest, I have no idea why this episode was popular because frankly, it made my head hurt. Goo being knocked down a peg took way too long to come around, and to continue seeing her act so arrogant in her "perfect imagination"ness, was still annoying.

The logic in this episode is completely backwards and confusing, even for this show. Bloo closing the door on Mac is a sight I will NEVER forget no matter what anyone says. And to top it all off, Frankie, Herriman, and Madame Foster apparantly vanished into thin air and no reason was given, poor choice.

4. Bye Bye Nerdy

You know, it's amazing to think Bloo and Mac are best friends considering Bloo puts Mac through emotional, mental, and now SOCIAL hell through out most of the show. Bloo thinking Mac was a nerd simply because of that single image he briefly saw was pretty stupid.

As was his half assed ideas how to make Mac cool. I didn't really find them funny because they were too lame to be considered comical, plus, when did Bloo become an expert on labeling what's cool and what's nerdy? He hasn't been to Mac's school often, and in the end, Mac just ends up getting hurt.

5. Adoptcalypse Now

Not a bad episode but not a great one either. It seems odd to me that Mac wouldn't understand the point of a Foster home until now, and I don't think he would be the kind to go out of his way to ruin everything his friends and the others worked to put up. Mac can be sad, but not THIS stupid about things.

I also despite the obvious irony and appropriateness of the ending tie up scene, didn't really like it. It just bothered me thinking Wilt, Frankie, and Mr. Herriman would be "okay" with tying Mac and Bloo up in a closet. Bad image.

HappyFoppy
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
1. [Toilet Medal. Whoo.] Phone Home.
What Herriman did to Bloo was mean. It's unbelievable Bloo was told there's no price to it, he even admitted Wilt won, which is unlikely for Bloo, but no-one cares, until Mac comes in and gets a freaking CAR? Stingy, especially towards Bloo. Oh yeah, I guess you didn't notice, but the sound sample at the end makes it more annoying! ;)

2. [Dirt Medal. Yup.] Foster's Goes to Europe.
Madame Foster was harsh to everyone and everything. Who the hell steals a ticket from an 8-year old and a bunch of IF's? Sure, CN though it's funny, but emotionally, no.

3. ["This was left under my bed" Medal. Here we go.] Beat with a Shtick.
(New Guy = Anti-Bloo) + (Bloo = Anti-Ed) + (Madame Foster = Anti-Bloo) + (Terrence = Anti-Mac) + (Bloo = for Terrence) = Horrible. No-one, or hardly anyone was really supporting Bloo, and what Bloo did to Mac just for TERRENCE, was unbelieveble. Side note: It's _always_ on tv here, I've seen it 6 á 7 times. :(

4. [Carton Medal. All right.] Camp Keep a Good Mac Down.
Mac etc etc goes camping, Bloo eats all food, everyone is in trouble, Madame Foster dissapears for days and no-one wonders about her (meanwhile, Frankie is at home with no-one telling her to do chores), Everyone gets saved by bees, but whatever, Wilt _was_ almost dead, but in the end, all other things that happened was Herriman who got mad on little bunnies. In my line of sight, nothing really happened in this episode. Just some straight gags with nothing fitting chars.

5. [Wooden Medal. Almost cut my finger for this one. OH SNPA. ): ]Everyone Knows it's Bendy
No-one took time to listen to Bloo, and at the end, Bendy _got_ catched, but because Bloo did something worse, does that mean Bendy doesn't get any punishment? Riiight.

billytheskink
01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
1- Blooooo - Though I know many would disagree, I found this episode to the least entertaining round of Frankie-torment. Not that such things are normally entertaining... The ending really sunk this episode. One of 2 episodes that made me genuinely angry (the other hit #3).

2- Phone Home - What little happened in this episode was extremely unentertaining. Easily the worst episode plotwise and entertainment-wise.

3- Imposter's Home for Um... Make-em' up Pals - Everyone loves to hate it, so why should I be the exception?
The only thing keeping it out of a tie for first is that I do think that Frankie, Goofball, and Herriman's dialouge in the office is hilarious.

4- Camp Keep a Good Mac Down - This episode was one heck of a frustrator. I found myself more frustrated than the cast. Add to that the failure of most of the jokes and gags (they annoyed me more than entertained me). As HappyFoppy said, nothing really happened; and that nothing had little entertainment value.

5- Foster's Goes to Europe - Another frustrating episode. Instead of laughing at the character's frustrating experiences (which is plenty possible when done right) I just got frustrated along with cast. "Twist" ending didn't help.

Where there's a Wilt, There's a Way just barely missed the cut, but make no mistake, I did not enjoy it. I made an exception for the much reviled Everyone Knows It's Bendy because of "I'm Punk Rock..." The Trouble With Scribbles used to really annoy me (and still does a bit), but not anywhere close to enough to get on a list such as this.

I've found little worth hating in the other episodes.

"C" the Dragon
01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Here's MY top 5 least favorite:

5. Bye Bye Nerdy: Mac becomes a nerd, Mac finally becomes cool, but turns back to a nerd. Not cool.

4.Bloo Done It: This really irks me, especially the song. The only thing I like about this is Bloo's story of Uncle Pockets.

3.Only A Surprise For You: At first I enjoyed it, then I hated it when everoyone got mad at Mac for breaking some other friend's party when Mac thought it was his, began to lighten up massively at the part when Mac is making Artie's party a blast as a clown, and then... I permently hated it when Mac gets laughed at the end and Bloo succeds again. Not funny.

2. Imposter's Home For, Uh... Make `em Up Pals: Frankie not getting to have the fun of seeing the concert all because of some snotty and lazy friend. Terrible.

1. Everyone Knows It's Bendy: Oh, man, THAT episode was the worst! Everyone, including Wilt, gets blamed, and Bendy won at the end! I HATE it when that happens!!

Those are my opinions of the top 5 most terrible episodes.

Voxxyn
01-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I didn't see anything wrong or upsetting with "Bloooo". It was a very intense and physically harsh time for Frankie, but since it was a misunderstanding on her part and the hook-armed friend didn't really do anything remotely malicious, I'm able to enjoy it. It wasn't like a certain Season 3 episode that did nothing but abuse and destroy her in every way possible, and cynically mock and insult her fanbase.

fosters home fan
01-10-2007, 07:01 PM
In order from 1(worst) to 5

1.Imposter's home for blablablablabla.

Cruel and malicious treatment to Frankie(which she did NOT deserve),plus since WHEN did everyone start to hate Frankie?! I mean Goofbarf was a SLEAZEBAG! Every time this wreck of an episode comes on I FLIP THE CHANNEL!WHAT WAS THE FOSTERS CREW THINKING?!

2.Emancipation complication:the musical number sucked,plus it was kinda boring.

3.I only have surprise for you:Just,meh plus Mac wasn't treated very nicely,either.

4.Challenge of the superfriends:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzenough star wars parodieszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

5.the trouble with tribblesscribbles:I just didn't like this one.

billytheskink
01-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I didn't see anything wrong or upsetting with "Bloooo". It was a very intense and physically harsh time for Frankie, but since it was a misunderstanding on her part and the hook-armed friend didn't really do anything remotely malicious, I'm able to enjoy it. It wasn't like a certain Season 3 episode that did nothing but abuse and destroy her in every way possible, and cynically mock and insult her fanbase.
I disagree. I had this discussion with Mr. Marshmallow some time ago.

The Season 1 unnamed episode continues to irk me more than the Season 3. It's a writer issue.

fosters home fan
01-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I disagree. I had this discussion with Mr. Marshmallow some time ago.

The Season 1 unnamed episode continues to irk me more than the Season 3. It's a writer issue.

The idiot writer of Bloooooooo and imposters is CRAIG LEWIS!!!!!!

Look at tv.com,enter fosters, look for imposters, click craig lewis, and it says he also wrote the season 1 episode you don't like!

Voxxyn
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Lewis isn't the only one responsible, though. It still hurts me how Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust and everybody else actually thought the extremely vile and cruel nature of "Imposter's Home" would be funny and well-received.

fosters home fan
01-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Lewis isn't the only one responsible, though. It still hurts me how Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust and everybody else actually thought the extremely vile and cruel nature of "Imposter's Home" would be funny and well-received.

I guess they were ALL responsible,then but I will discuss this more in the goofturd thread. I'm also disturbed that they made the episode too:frankiemad:

Mr. Marshmallow
01-10-2007, 09:09 PM

I totally agree, I never let my personal feelings totally rob me of enjoying a movie, episode, or TV series unless it is a continuous jab or insult towards the character and it becomes a "mean spirited" attack on the character. What Frankie endured here to me was more like a bad day then a nightmare.

Frankie's treatment was done through 3 channels that to me, make the difference between a night in hell for her and a bad day for her:

1. Halloween based episode, so fear is kind of the point.
2. EVERYONE was having problems this episode.
3. Everyone misconcepted everything and everyone.

I think Blooo worked having Frankie as the typical girl who gets scared, especially with the art work in the dark rainy nights and seeing her frantic "POV shots" when she was looking for the hook guy. But more importantly, I do admit that I do enjoy SOME form of bad antics happen to my characters.

Example? I was just watching Animanicas Volume 2 today and a cartoon came up from the "Rita and Runt" portion. Rita, the small female cat of the duo was nabbed by a berzerker gorilla who wanted her as a "pet" and Rita didn't want to go. The gorilla beat, smashed, and pretty much made Rita a living toy.

Now, while I love Rita and find her to be a charming character, I enjoyed seeing her go through some hell just because it's interesting to see a character go through these changes. Just like in RL, everyone has a bad day. It all depends on if that torture becomes the main joke and nothing else.

Rita was tortured in various "toon" ways so it was hard not to laugh at it, knowing still it was a nightmare for her. Like with Frankie in "Bloooo" there was a purpose to it, it wasn't just directly making Frankie suffer and it was all part of the plot. "Imposter's" though didn't really derive any humor out of the pain.

The PAIN was the humor, and since this episode was handled in a realistic manner then a toony one, and Frankie was pretty much bashed at every waking moment of the episode (where as in Animaniacs, Rita eventually got some "justice") it was hard not to hate that episode, Frankie lover or not.

"Blooo" will always be one of my fav episodes because I think that episode shows the right way to handle making characters suffer for their art, while keeping the humor IN and the intentional character bashing OUT. Sorry that took so long :-/.

Voxxyn
01-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Well said. That episode and "The Big Cheese" are examples of how you make characters suffer for their art, without being cruel and malicious.

What Ditchy McAbandonpants said at the end of his post is completely true. Craig, Lauren and everybody else must NOT forget how dangerously close they came to completely ruining the show in Season 3. They have rebounded, of course, but I hope that they've truly learned their lesson and that there will never ever be another hurtful fiasco like "Imposter's".

Ditchy McAbandonpants
01-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Nicely said, Mr. Marshmallow! With your point about characters "suffering for their art", you've really put your finger on something that I've thought about for a long time.

When I was a kid, I was a proper little misogynist when it came to watching cartoons; that is to say, I used to really dislike female characters, and find them really boring in comparison to their male counterparts. Looking back, part of that could be attributed to a good, healthy juvenile phobia of the opposite sex (girls?? Ewww, GROSS!!! :D ), but in other ways, I actually still stand by what I thought then, because female characters, particularly in older cartoons, are frequently one-dimensional, tokenistic and utterly bland Little Miss Perfects, included solely to add a bit of glamour and girl appeal and usually completely unwilling to get their hands dirty for the sake of humour. Penelope Pitstop, Daphne from Scooby-Doo, most Disney heroines...their role is never to be the one doing the pratfall, taking the anvil on the head, heck, even cracking a joke; they're always just there, being oh-so-pretty and oh-so-dignified, always coming out on top, whilst the less "delicate" male characters are the ones off carrying 100% of the comedy burden. :(

The most pronounced example of this that springs to mind is Lola Bunny from Space Jam. Surrounded by the crazy, idiosyncratic Looney Tunes gang , each of whom is a flawed, lovable loser in their own way, she swans through the film being smugly perfect and untouchable, with a teaspoon of "sass" and "sex appeal" (both of which are totally wasted on a young audience) apparently supposed to compensate for the fact that, in a cartoon comedy film, she does nothing funny at any point. Look at the basketball game; the rest of her Looney Tunes teammates get smashed about six ways from Sunday, often in very funny slapstick ways. Does Lola "take one for the team", even once? No - the one time she's in any danger, Bugs pushes her out of the way and takes the hit himself, completely cementing her role in the film, like so many toon gals, as comedic deadweight. ::)

I've often praised Frankie for her "flexibilty"; when I say that, I primarily mean her ability to muck in and get down to the dirty business of making us laugh. Sure, she can do the glam thing, the sassy self-assured bit - but she can also be a hysterical fall guy, come out with some ridiculous gag, do something totally crazy and even engage in some good old-fashioned comedy violence. One of the things I respect most about Craig McCracken is that he's both willing and able to create universal comedy with girls at the centre, so even though it can go wrong (horribly, horribly wrong), I am willing to let rare botches like "Imposter's Home..." slide, because without episodes like "Bloooo", "Store Wars", "Cookie Dough" and "World Wide Wabbit" that allow Frankie to partcipate in the comedy just as much as her more extrovert male counterparts, she would be a much poorer character whom I doubt we would love half as much. :frankiesmile:

(Oh, man, this is so off-topic it's untrue...I'm sorry! Is that OK? :( )

Fomalhaut
01-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Okay, back on topic...

Seriously, I haven't got many problems with Imposter's. It was cruel to Frankie, but it had its moments. (*gets killed by Frankie fans, with Cassini at their head*) I find it hard to pick, mostly because I find myself saying "I didn't like this and that episode... oh wait, it had the moment when...". That's why I won't put Europe in this list, despite the cruel ending. Eurotrish is my ultimate favourite character.

Sheesh. Okay, let's get down to it.

5. Phone Home
Boring. Boringgg. Boooriiinggg. Saw it once, found it nice (especially the Wilt bits :D ), but then... Bloo struggling with that poor phone all along was tiring, and there was absolutely no chance of getting a surprise at the end, as we knew all along it wasn't an IF. The second time I caught it I decided I'd rather study History (I had serious problems with remembering all the dates, it's not that I hate that subject, History lovers!). Sight for Sore Eyes was slightly boring too, but not in my least fave 5.

4. Emancipation Complication
Saw it once, and that was enough for me. It's not that bad, just not interesting enough to watch it several times, like I do with my fave, Bus the Two of Us. And, excuse my European point of view, the whole Lincoln stuff etc. was waaay too "American", I don't really know how to put this. Bloo and the videogames was a nice touch, but didn't bring this episode up.

3. My So-Called Wife
The Coco part was a nice touch. That I don't really like this one has nothing to do with me not being a Coco-fan, as "Cuckoo for Coco Cards" was one of my faves. No, Ben E. Factor lying, the stupid contest part... just uninteresting. And Coco at the beginning goes a bit OOC just to seem "worse".

2. I Only Have Surprise for You
This episode had its moments, I liked the "action-Mac" and his speech, it was nice... but the ending hurt me so bad. Sweet little Mac, my favourite (he somehow managed to replace Wilt and Terrence!). I won't forgive Bloo.

1. Blooo
When I first saw it I was like "OMG! How nice, my fave ep...". They aired it the second time, and the magic was gone. Despite the funny horror-parody.

And now I see, I have forgotten to say "Dinner is Swerved", in which I found Charlie the chicken leg the most annoying character EVER (and it made me hungry like 30 minutes after lunch), "Hiccy Burp", in which the 10 minutes of hiccups and burps were boring and gross...

LaBloo
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
1. I Only Have Surprise for you. : How Dare.....
2. Bendy's... Don't Remember the name, but, how dare he destroy's the foster's lives.
3. Camp Keep A mac Good Down. Don't like the bunnies
4. Emacipation Complication
5. Squeakerbooooooooooooooooox Bloo Should teach that Girl A Lesson and mac should help Because it's his friend, right?

Ricky Fieldmouse
01-11-2007, 01:13 PM
5. I Only have Surprise for You - If Mac threw a piece of cake at Bloo at the end, this ep. wouldn't be on the list.

4. Sight for Sore Eyes - "Stevieeeeeeeeeee!!!!! My eyes make gross sounds when they move!"

3. Imposter's Home - Cheeseball. 'Nuff said.

2. Blooooo! - Had as much dialoge as a "Courage the Cowardly Dog" episode.

1. Emancipation Constipation - When you mix innocent imaginary friends with hard to understand politics and marketing... you create something worse than "The Andy Griffith Show".

Mr. Marshmallow
01-11-2007, 02:12 PM
The most pronounced example of this that springs to mind is Lola Bunny from Space Jam. Surrounded by the crazy, idiosyncratic Looney Tunes gang , each of whom is a flawed, lovable loser in their own way, she swans through the film being smugly perfect and untouchable, with a teaspoon of "sass" and "sex appeal" (both of which are totally wasted on a young audience) apparently supposed to compensate for the fact that, in a cartoon comedy film, she does nothing funny at any point. Look at the basketball game; the rest of her Looney Tunes teammates get smashed about six ways from Sunday, often in very funny slapstick ways. Does Lola "take one for the team", even once? No - the one time she's in any danger, Bugs pushes her out of the way and takes the hit himself.

I gotta talk about this, since this brings up another issue I've been bothered with. What you said about Frankie taking one for the team is true, I do feel the fact she gets bonked, bothered, and put through hell like the other characters is a good sign of, in a way, equality and like you said, flexibility.

The issue of Lola though bares more to a bigger problem I have noticed and that's females in media getting "special treatment". Alot of female toons don't have anything BAD happen to them, same with female characters in horror movies of more recently today. Think of the Jurassic Park movies for example.

All three films, know how many women died? NONE ZERO ZIP! How many males died? A hell lot more then you got fingers or toes (don't worry I'll swing this back into topic). Same thing has happened in Animaniacs, Ben 10, Rune Soldier, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, and even Duck Tales.

All have suffered huge faults where female characters are magically saved from the burden of being bashed, blown up, or taken down the same multiple amount of pegs males do. And now the tie in: Goo. Goo is hard for me to like sometimes because alot of her antics tend to ruin really good episodes.

She didn't have jack happen to her up until "Make believe it or not" and even then, the fact her ego more or less became the plot of that episode shows she still has some peg knocking to be done. I was very upset with that episode because basically, Goo showed herself to be some kind of super god.

That she can think of ANYTHING and she'd be right or she'd always win. Hell, look at her alien creations, half the imaginary friends people think up are very simplistic and basic. Goo's are complicated, detailed, and much more unique, this is still kind of "showing off" her imagination superiority.

Even if she did learn a lesson, I still think that episode was so completely off kilter as far as logic and character representations go. I'm not sexist to female toons, and I don't hate them or Goo for getting the better treatment in the occasional episode or series I watch. But it does ruin my enjoyment of them.

Frankie's treatment in "Cookie Dough" "Bloooo" and "The Big Cheese" are fine examples of how someone can have a rotten day and not turn into a character bashing episode. Character bashing of any kind is one of the worst things to find in a toon, that's why I disliked "Surprise" and "Imposter's".

Voxxyn
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I really hope Craig and Lauren are paying attention to what Ditchy McAbandonpants and Mr. Marshmallow have said in this thread. They've done a wonderful job with making Frankie a very three-dimensional and diverse character who isn't tainted by the media's blind(and probably feminist-influenced) pampering of female characters.

If they're serious about making Goo the ninth regular cast member of Foster's, then they should give the same treatment to her. Her "perfect solution to a problem" persona would be fine if she was meant to appear only once or twice a season. But since they insisted on making her a near-regular in Season 4 while still keeping that flawless, 'deus ex machina'-esque personality--it's easy to see why so many people have become so annoyed with Goo(even though I love her).

And(swinging things back on-topic) I don't think it can be said enough just how horrible and traumatic "Imposter's" was. I REALLY hope the Foster's crew have taken the criticism and backlash to heart. Frankie and her fans deserve better.

kageri
01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Nicely said, Mr. Marshmallow! With your point about characters "suffering for their art", you've really put your finger on something that I've thought about for a long time.

When I was a kid, I was a proper little misogynist when it came to watching cartoons; that is to say, I used to really dislike female characters, and find them really boring in comparison to their male counterparts. Looking back, part of that could be attributed to a good, healthy juvenile phobia of the opposite sex (girls?? Ewww, GROSS!!! :D ), but in other ways, I actually still stand by what I thought then, because female characters, particularly in older cartoons, are frequently one-dimensional, tokenistic and utterly bland Little Miss Perfects, included solely to add a bit of glamour and girl appeal and usually completely unwilling to get their hands dirty for the sake of humour. Penelope Pitstop, Daphne from Scooby-Doo, most Disney heroines...their role is never to be the one doing the pratfall, taking the anvil on the head, heck, even cracking a joke; they're always just there, being oh-so-pretty and oh-so-dignified, always coming out on top, whilst the less "delicate" male characters are the ones off carrying 100% of the comedy burden. :(

The most pronounced example of this that springs to mind is Lola Bunny from Space Jam. Surrounded by the crazy, idiosyncratic Looney Tunes gang , each of whom is a flawed, lovable loser in their own way, she swans through the film being smugly perfect and untouchable, with a teaspoon of "sass" and "sex appeal" (both of which are totally wasted on a young audience) apparently supposed to compensate for the fact that, in a cartoon comedy film, she does nothing funny at any point. Look at the basketball game; the rest of her Looney Tunes teammates get smashed about six ways from Sunday, often in very funny slapstick ways. Does Lola "take one for the team", even once? No - the one time she's in any danger, Bugs pushes her out of the way and takes the hit himself, completely cementing her role in the film, like so many toon gals, as comedic deadweight. ::)

I've often praised Frankie for her "flexibilty"; when I say that, I primarily mean her ability to muck in and get down to the dirty business of making us laugh. Sure, she can do the glam thing, the sassy self-assured bit - but she can also be a hysterical fall guy, come out with some ridiculous gag, do something totally crazy and even engage in some good old-fashioned comedy violence. One of the things I respect most about Craig McCracken is that he's both willing and able to create universal comedy with girls at the centre, so even though it can go wrong (horribly, horribly wrong), I am willing to let rare botches like "Imposter's Home..." slide, because without episodes like "Bloooo", "Store Wars", "Cookie Dough" and "World Wide Wabbit" that allow Frankie to partcipate in the comedy just as much as her more extrovert male counterparts, she would be a much poorer character whom I doubt we would love half as much. :frankiesmile:

Wow, I completely agree and have nothing constructive to add to that because you've said it all.

Unfortunately yes, I think perhaps sometimes the "infallible token sassy, smart, female character who scoffs at the male characters who have to carry the weight of the funny on their shoulders while she sits around and be's desirable" thing might be fueled by not wanting to offend women or something, I don't know. But basically what I'm trying to say is that this is perpetuating the "women are inferior to men" menality, not fixing it. It doesn't show that women have common sense and always come out on top. It shows that they can't handle anything besides looking pretty and providing "diversity" in the cast.

Anyways, getting back on topic, one episode I didn't like was Where There's a Wilt, There's a Way. It was just really boring and any character and/or plot development that occurred was totally undone by the end.

Invader Bloo
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM
To Mr.M, I don't see "Cookie Dough" as being cruel to Frankie, she got something she was obsessed with. Although it makes the cookies seem like crack or dope,etc... for her.:wiltshock: Also "Big Cheese" was ebing cruel to just Frankie, Bloo had his treatment in "Mac Daddy"& I'm sure as heck another main character will live through that torture again soon.

1.Imposter's-Cruel treatment of a beloved character, plus the worst charcater in Foster's history.
2. Where Ther's A Wilt- Exactly the same as Imposter's besides the worst chracter thing.
3. EWIB- Only psitive thingis "I'm Punk Rock". Poor Coco, ED, Wilt & Bloo.
This look is cute though: :sadbendy: :bloogrin
4.Phone Home-Boring.
5. IOHASFY- Boring

Why all the abshing on Adoptcalypse? IMHO it was a good episode.

kageri
01-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I didn't like The Big Cheese just because.... well, I didn't like it. It employed Goo of all people as an unwelcome deus ex machina, and having her and Cheese as the main characters of the same episode is like having to sit in the same room as Jar Jar Binks and Scrappy Doo (or some other character widely regarded as head-bashingly annoying) for half an hour. Also, Bloo hardly did anything. Yes, I know he's had his share of the spotlight in his own episodes but still. I'm a Bloo fan so I'm allowed to whine.

Cheese's list of diseases was pretty great though.

Mr. Marshmallow
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
To Mr.M, I don't see "Cookie Dough" as being cruel to Frankie, she got something she was obsessed with. Although it makes the cookies seem like crack or dope,etc... for her.:wiltshock: Also "Big Cheese" was ebing cruel to just Frankie, Bloo had his treatment in "Mac Daddy"& I'm sure as heck another main character will live through that torture again soon.

Frankie may not have been tortured cruel, but I wouldn't call what happened to her a rather positive outcome. Same thing with Mac and Bloo being tickled in "Make believe it", yeah it's funny, but after laughing non stop your jaw hurts.

It's a matter of perspectives, anything you do long enough no matter how funny it is will end up hurting in the long run. This was just funnier because of the crack/cookie drug addiction set up they gave Frankie in the episode.

Bloo put up with Cheese in "Mac Daddy" but I would say there are bigger "torture" episodes for him then that.

Invader Bloo
01-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Yeah but it's up there in the top 10 Bloo turture episodes. It's Cheese, no one not even the Cheese fan girls/boys could stand to be stuck with him. Not even Wilt can handle it!

billytheskink
01-12-2007, 08:27 PM
The idiot writer of Bloooooooo and imposters is CRAIG LEWIS!!!!!!

Look at tv.com,enter fosters, look for imposters, click craig lewis, and it says he also wrote the season 1 episode you don't like!
Perhaps I should have said "writing issue", it's the writing more than the writer that seperates "Blooooo" from "Imposter's".

It's all about relative entertainment value... or so it seems.

Voxxyn
01-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I think that makes things subjective. I thought "Bloooo" was a fun horror homage with some great Frankie moments. We saw her compassionate side(at the beginning with her genuine concern for Mac), her angry side, her strong side and her vulnerable side; all while being hot and smokin' without her sweater. Her suffering wasn't directly caused by some careless and inconsiderate jerk, which is what matters to me.

"Imposter's" had the entertainment value of eating broken glass. :( :'(

fosters home fan
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I think that makes things subjective. I thought "Bloooo" was a fun horror homage with some great Frankie moments. We saw her compassionate side(at the beginning with her genuine concern for Mac), her angry side, her strong side and her vulnerable side; all while being hot and smokin' without her sweater. Her suffering wasn't directly caused by some careless and inconsiderate jerk, which is what matters to me.

I understand all of that(Blooooooooo is a great episode in my opinion)

I am terribly sorry to anyone who was offended by my comment I said earlier.

I just seriously hate "imposters" that's all.

billytheskink
01-19-2007, 04:39 PM

horror homages aren't funny...

Invader Bloo
01-19-2007, 08:56 PM
"Imposter's" had the entertainment value of eating broken glass. :( :'([/QUOTE]

Even if you replaced with someone who deserved it (I dunno Bloo or Terrence or Duchess) the script was awful & not even funny. Itwas boring & cruel, just the awful side of Foster's.:frankiemad: :-X

Nyo
02-04-2007, 04:21 PM
1) Imposter's- You know why. Cruelty to Frankie.

2) The ending of Foster's Goes to Europe- Madame Foster, how can you sink so low, stealing a young boy's tickets?

3) Neighbor Pains- Goo's the pain, and this episode offically made me dislike her more than I do now.

4) Go Goo Go- Goo, of course. But Bloo cracked me up.

5) Everyone Knows It's Bendy- Oh, stop pretending to be an emo, Bendy. :jk:

Crash-N-Cortex
02-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Here's my least favorite episodes:
1. Everybody Knows It's Bendy
2. Imposter's Home For... Um Make Em' Up Pals
3. Blooooo
4. Duchess of Wails
5. Camp Keep A Good Mac Down

derangedperson
02-05-2007, 03:53 AM
5. Foster's Goes To Europe
Eurotrish was amusing, but like Ditchy McAbandonpants said, Mac got walked all over and the ending is the most unneccessarily mean-spirited thing the series ever did.

4. I Only Have Surprise For You
Yet another instance of an idea (Mac's afraid of his birthday because of Bloo's ill-timed surprises) and its execution that aren't funny in the least. That, and too many bad memories involved.

3. Everyone Knows It's Bendy
The biggest jerk to enter Foster's doors that isn't named Goofball screws with everyone and gets away with it in the end. Yee-ha. ::)

2. Phone Home
Bloo at his most irritating.

1. Imposter's etc. etc. etc.
No comment. Everything that could be said has been said.

fostersfan666
02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Here's a list of my lease favorite Foster's Episodes:

1) I only Have Suprise for You
2) Neighbor Pains
3) Mac Daddy
4) Neighbor Pains
5) Parts of Foster's Goes to Europe

HappyFoppy
02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
1) I only Have Suprise for You
2) Neighbor Pains
3) Mac Daddy
4) Neighbor Pains
5) Parts of Foster's Goes to Europe

Why did you list Neighbor Pains twice? Lol.

fostersfan666
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Why did you list Neighbor Pains twice? Lol.

Oh. Sorry. I didn't realize I did that. What was really was supposed to go there was 2) Go Goo Go. That one is one my least of favorite episodes.

Jabberwocky
02-24-2007, 05:32 PM
1. Blooo. That. Was. So. Boring. If I wanted to see a five year old wipe snot on the walls for twenty-two minutes, I would go babysit my neighbor's kid. Seriously, there was like, nothing funny in this episode, and I hate vacuum cleaners.

2. House of Bloo's. This is the pilot equivalent of foot odor. I'm glad I didn't see this until after I'd already watched most of the series.

3. Camp Keep a Good Mac Down. What was the point of that? Nothing... happened. I know cause I don't even remember most of it, except for Herriman getting all twitterpated, which was creepy.

4. Foster's Goes to Europe. This is stressful to watch. D: I like Eurotrish though. I'mma goooooing to Euuuuurope!

5. Eddie Monster. Eh. Really boring. And I don't like Eduardo.

Invader Bloo
02-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Why does everyone hate Bloooooooo? The Ghost Busters reference was ROTFLOL, IMHO.

Mr. Marshmallow
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Why does everyone hate Bloooooooo? The Ghost Busters reference was ROTFLOL, IMHO.

Yeah I mean honestly, I really got a kick out of that episode. I thought it was a great horror movie parody and despite what any Frankie fan says, I LOVED seeing her as the "cliche" horror actress/victim type character.

It just worked so well with her and the whole chasing sequence with Bloo and Wilt and the others Ghostbuster style was nicely done. I really enjoyed this episode.

AprilDawn
02-26-2007, 10:32 PM
My 5 least fave (no particular order)
-Blooooo
-The big leblooski
-Everyone knows it was bendy
-Bloo done it
-Make believe it or not
meh... there are more, but I only put 5 because thats what the thread is about.

Kale
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Blooooo
Where There's A Wilt There's A Way
The Big Cheese
Who Let The Dogs In
Land Of The Flea

Those are in no real order. The first three I just found boring in comparison to the rest of the show, and the last two, because I'm not too keen on Edwardo centered episodes.

Frankie_4_Prez
04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
I found this thread and its more upbeat cousin, "Top 10 Fave Episodes," quite helpful for a relative newcomer like me, so I decided to share my thoughts while moving the thread up the list (maybe so other new people could find these more easily). Just today I finished watching every episode of Foster's out there, so I could judge all more fairly.

Note: #1 in this case is my least favorite, and #5, the most tolerable of the 5. Also, next to the title, I put the writer(s) name, just for reference.

1. I Only Have Surprise for You - Tim McKeon
If there was a time I felt silly and embarrassed for watching Foster's, this was it. Mac felt totally out of character (he's usually nice), and I don't remember him being "crazy" on sugar, either. The plot was rather shallow and predictable, and the gags, other than maybe one, of the past Mac birthdays, weren't all that funny to me.

2. Foster's Goes to Europe - T. McKeon
Ugh. The sweet, caring, Famous-Foster's-Cookies-giving Madame Foster, filching tickets from an 8-year-old... riiiiiight. It's not like McKeon was a new writer. Plus, there was so much unused potential in Eurotrish, whose face they figuratively shoved in the mud and left her there to dry. Despicable end credit "gag" too.

3. Jackie Khones and the Case of the Library Crook - Darrick Bachman
Another episode where, in my opinion, the writer didn't fully use a character to his full potential. I view Khones as crafty, witty, and cunning, but he just kinda sat there for most of this episode--either in the toilet, in a toy car (which had Mac driving it), reading a book in the library, or floating in the pool. OK, maybe the last one wasn't his fault.

4. The Little Peas - Darrick Bachman, L. Faust
Plain old boring, topped with a re-used plotline that kinda left me with the taste of old, chewed-up gum in the mouth. Peas truly had good intentions, but the humor was seriously lacking.

5. Imposter's Home for Um Make 'em Up Pals - C. Lewis
Great concept, but awful delivery. Yes, Frankie is only human, makes mistakes, and is willing to admit it, but the writer pushed the envelope so hard, he pulverized the letter. Comedy, in one of its purest forms, uses hyperbole to make the audience laugh, but man, was this extreme. To put a positive spin to all this, it really goes to show the strength of Frankie's character for not breaking under all that pressure and going psycho on everybody. In the end, this episode had more creativity and effort (but of the wrong kind for the series) put into it, which led me to rank it "higher" among my least favorite episodes.

Shelltoon
04-21-2008, 06:37 PM
These are in a particular order

5) The Big Cheese
I understand that Cheese is a very popular character, but this episode just further proves to me that Cheese is only good in small doses. All this episode dealt with was Cheese screaming, and while Blooooo was a screamer episode, that was entertaining. This episode... wasn't entertaining in the slightest to me.

4) Foster's Goes to Europe
I have to say... this episode went absolutely nowhere. Not only did I have trouble sticking around to watch this episode, I could not stand Madame Foster breaking her character like that. I've never known her to be a thief, maybe a little kooky, but she's supposed to be a big-hearted lady, and this was not her.

3) Cheese A Go-Go
Once again, further proof Cheese is only good in small doses. All Cheese does is run around saying "Gotta go" over and over and over and over until it's burned into your memory and you can't get it out of there simply because you hear it constantly. This episode was so annoying I can't bring myself to watch it again.

2) I Only Have Surprise For You
Just like Foster's Goes to Europe, somebody goes horribly out of character. This time, it's Mac, and I've never seen him act like this. To see Mac being mean spirited and a jerk made me think "He's such a nice boy, he'd never do that." Seeing it happen on the show... kinda hurt me inside as much as I love the character.

1) The Little Peas
Why did we have to The Big Cheese? The Big Cheese was painful enough once, now we have to watch a small, pea sized character I have not had time to attach to, for 22 minutes. It may have had some awesome backgrounds, but Peas was a character I could not attach myself to in ANY way. Also, why did Frankie just lose it like that and call herself a loser? Didn't Darrick Bachman watch Imposter's and see how strong she really is?? This episode is entirely useless to the show, and the episode it's revisiting.

Where is Imposter's? Well, thanks to The Little Peas, I've developed a new appreciation for that episode, because it at least has moments.

blooX
04-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Foster's Goes to Europe
I like the episode but in the end I hated the ending and it felt way to meanand uncaring when they blamed mac I did like the rest of the episode well just not the ending and eurotrish bugged me after awhile

The Big Lablooski
First time I watched it I liked it but the second time I hated it I was never a fan of madame fosters friends there plain mean or dumb same goes dor when they were in Foster's Goes to Europe

Imposter's Home For Um? Make 'Em Up Pals
I hated this episode for another miss treatment of another character frankie this time I didnt get that imaginary friends sympathy towards frankie at the end when he was the on that treated her so badly the entire episode

Squeakerboxxx
I thought of this as sometimes good sometimes a waste of time because of all the good and bad points in the episode didnt mess well

Mac Daddy
I hate cheese I dont know why hes popular but I can say that this episode had good points but in the end I was annoyed by most of cheeses actions

Mulch
04-23-2008, 07:14 AM
EDIT: Complete do-over since my reasons at the time were completely stupid, plus I have time to kill. I realize that no one will ever read this, but I just need to wipe the angry, unexplained list out of existence in favor of one that makes sense.

I Only Have Surprise for You
The show that's always been praised for being character driven does an episode that is entirely script-driven. Chaos ensues.
The problem with this one is simply that it's so forced. The characters are completely sacrificed for jokes. First off, everyone in the house is in on Bloo's evil scheme to embarrass Mac on his birthday. I just find it a tad hard to believe, with the established characterisations, that not one person, not even Frankie, Wilt or Herriman (or even Mac's own mother in the flashbacks), sees anything morally wrong with what they're doing. Still, that factor is a forgivable detail, especially compared to the gigantic, in-your-face problem that completely ruins the episode: Mac.
I mean, they weren't even trying with his character here. Intelligence and common sense, his most obvious character traits, are just pushed aside and ignored. Firstly, there's the point at which he pretends to go home. This is where the real Mac would to the smart thing and actually go home. Instead, Bizarro Mac comes back, hides in the attic and swears to go berserk and ruin the party, which he already would've done if he had just left! Next, real Mac would easily figure out that everyone would have been much more clear about a surprise party for that annoying thing that turns out to be Madame Foster.
The episode even points this out itself, like one of the staff writers realized that it made no sense and tried to explain it but instead wound up just calling attention to the flaw. (I did like the joke that Bloo hadn't thought about that and didn't predict every single thing Mac said, though.) Also, he's the only sympathisable character in the episode, and, despite all those "mean things" he does, is the protagonist and the one you're rooting for, and gets the incredibly short stick in the end.
Then there's Bloo. No problem with his characterisation; he's always a complete jackass. It's just that his unbelievably thought-out plans and gloating attitude make him annoying as fudge. Seriously, there are moments in here where I just want to punch him in the face, particularly the "One. Step. Ahead." scene. (I actually like to think that one second after the episode ends, Mac actually does reach out of the cake and punch him.)
The last huge problem is the fact that the plot, which is the thing that pushes all the characters out of the way in the first place, makes no sense itself! How on Earth does Bloo predict every one of Bizarro Mac's actions? It just... ugh. I mean, there are some funny jokes in there, and I really don't mind character torture anymore, but that's just not enough.

(Wow, I wrote a novel. I'll fill in the four missing episodes later.)

Mac-a-lacka
04-30-2008, 12:35 PM
In order.

:PBye bye nerdy
:frankiemad:Imposters home for um make-em up pals
:(:sadbendy:Where there's a Wilt there's a way-Everyone knows its Bendy
::)Something old something Bloo
:edmad:Better off Ed

Mew
04-20-2009, 09:23 AM
1 - The Big Lablooski
2 - The Little Peas
3 - Sight for Sore Eyes
4 - Hiccy Burp
5 - Pranks for Nothing

In no specific order. The Big Lablooski is mainly on this list because it's on every. single. day, the others I just don't like. I do like Hiccy Burp for the fact that Mabel Licorice speaks in it, but apart from that.. meh. I've got better ways of spending my time.

fosters-fan
04-21-2009, 12:35 PM
What's not to like about Better Off Ed? Anyways.......

5. Where There's A Wilt, There's A Way- Everyone was so darn selfish in that episode, they could have done all of those without Wilt's help, and it was THEIR fault Wilt missed the game. Then again, it's really BLOO'S FAULT. He could have gotten those chips himself.

4. Camp Keep A Good Mac Down- Bloo has been pretty selfish in the past, but this was just a kick in the pants for me. Bloo was beyond selfish in this one, and only cared about stuffing his fat face. :edmad:

3. Foster's Goes To Europe- Europe? Yeah, right. They ended up getting stalled throughout the entire episode, and had to miss the flight thanks to Madame Foster! :frankiemad:

2. Bye Bye Nerdie- Need I really say it?

1. Impostor's Home For.... Um...... Make 'Em Up Pals- This one made me want to kick Goofball in the teeth. Where do I begin with this godawful mooch? He made Frankie do his laundry and homework, made her chores more work on her, rudely awakened the smaller friends, ate all the groceries....... I could rant on and on about that jerk all day. >8(

Lynnie
07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I haven't posted in this thread yet so I thought I'd add my two cents.

Imancipation Complication: This has got to be my most disliked episode. But even then, I have a hard time saying I "hate" it because, this is our favorite show afterall. ;) That episode was just so full of injustice and wrong doings, it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Lil Lincoln was despicable, and even Bloo's total selfishness didn't even hold any charm for me. The only part I really liked about the ep was the very end when Madame F sets things right.

Imposters: This is a given since I know most everyone else feels the same way. I hated with a passion what Goofball and Mr. H put Frankie through. She deserved that day off, and she deserved to go to that concert she was so looking forward to seeing with her friends.

The Big Cheese: The yellow man was just plain annoying during the whole ep, he was giving me a headache. And then our favorite foster home for IFs was shown in the wrong light on TV. Everyone suffered.

Cheese a Go-Go: Much like the previous ep I mentioned, the yellow man was simply giving me a headache with all his yelling. The only part I really liked about the ep was Ed in the dentist's office. 8D But everyone else suffered, especially Frankie. It was so frustrating watching this ep, I could physically feel the frustration and anxiety by the time it ended.

The Little Peas: As if TBC wasn't bad enough, they have to make a remake of it! And it centered around a one-time-only friend that we didn't know, and ended up not even caring for. I'd much rather see characters I know and like. It's like reading a story about a good friend compared to reading a story about a total stranger, and it wasn't even that interesting. :P

That's five there, but honorable mention would be Better Off Ed and Where there's a Wilt, There's a Way/Everyone Knows it's Bendy. BOE was just kind of boring to me, and Scrappy just annoyed me a little bit, and the other, it's probably a given again. Everyone just suffered! I know some suffering of characters is to be expected if storylines are to remain interesting, but sometimes the suffering is taken a bit too far. :madbloo:

Taco Wiz
07-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Imancipation Complication was just so boring. I'd have to think before deciding the other four.

jekylljuice
07-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Emancipation Complication probably wouldn't make my list, though it did make me kind of relieved that they didn't try doing elaborate song numbers more often. On the whole, and though Foster's did have a wonderfully catchy main theme tune, coming up with decent and memorable original songs just wasn't one of their strong points. :P

Lynnie
07-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I couldn't agree more. I disliked the ep enough to have never intentionally recorded it. I had forgotten about the song. But at remembering it now, it was just...weird and awkward. :P

Cassini90125
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Song and dance routines have never done much for me, in Foster's or most other shows, with South Park being a notable exception. :bloogrin:

jekylljuice
07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Personally, I love song and dance routines, but they're difficult to pull off, and when they go wrong they can be just plain embarrassing to sit through, as was the case with the song in EC, I felt. Some shows have it and some shows just don't. Animaniacs had a lovely lot of memorable showtunes in their repertoire, as did The Simpsons, in their heyday. It's been years since my last viewing of "Homer and Apu", and yet I still catch myself humming that "Who Needs the Kwik e Mart?" song from time to time. I'm afraid that I couldn't even remember how that "Designer Jeans" song from Schlock Star goes, without having to check the episode first.

taranchula
07-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Which is a shame really, as a good chunk of the cast did come from musical backgrounds. (Tom Kenny, Grey and Candi in particular.)

Major Abbey
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I could only think of three, and I'm sorry to say it's not a very original list:

1. Imposter's etc. I'm all for characters suffering for their art, but this just seemed extremely cruel (yes, I am a Frankie fan). Like Lynnie said, Frankie deserved that day off, and she deserved to go to the concert. No one really deserves to get treated the way she got treated. Even Herriman annoyed me in this one, and his appearances are nearly always entertaining for me.

2. I only have surprise for you This could have been entertaining, but the ending ruined it for me. All the good reasons have already been mentioned. Also, poor Mac. :macwor:

3. Fosters goes to Europe Would anyone else have actually liked to see them actually go to Europe? That could have been interesting. I didn't like the ending either. Loved Eurotrish, though, and Herriman's obsession with schedules was funny (especially the "dictation" scene).

Yeah I mean honestly, I really got a kick out of that episode. I thought it was a great horror movie parody and despite what any Frankie fan says, I LOVED seeing her as the "cliche" horror actress/victim type character.

It just worked so well with her and the whole chasing sequence with Bloo and Wilt and the others Ghostbuster style was nicely done. I really enjoyed this episode.

Agreed. I saw it a few days ago and enjoyed it. But I'm a horror fan, so...

Traveler
07-20-2009, 09:41 AM
First post!!

I'm new here, but not to Foster's.
Anyway...

1.) When There's a Wilt, There's a Way

A waste of time. It put Wilt under a lot of stress.

2.) Imposter's Home....

Need I say more? The ending was a complete letdown.

3.) Challenge of the Superfriends

It...tried....

4.) The little Peas

Again, a useless episode. I find the little pea guy annoying.

Another Castle
10-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm not a pessimist, but I think I shall get out my views on my least favorite episodes early, because I don't want to bring myself down after listing my 10 favorites. I'd rather moan then praise, rather than the other way around!

5. Where There's a Wilt, There's a Way
Too harsh on Wilt, it was frustrating for him and for me as a viewer. Weak story, and a very unsatisfying ending. A waste of time.

4. Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow (a short)
Lame, predictable, and has been done a hundred times before. Very similar to a very old and very obscure Simpsons short (Tracy Ullman era), and was pretty lame then as well. Was done much better in The Powerpuff Girls (A Mane Event). It's also a little creepy to see how big Mac's head is.

3. I Only Have Surprise for You
Same reasons as everyone else, this was nasty on Mac. He's a lovely boy and he doesn't deserve all this! Everyone else (including Frankie and Madam Foster, the other 'friends' and even Mac's own mother!) were just nasty. I don't like to think that all his birthdays have been ruined!

2. Fosters Goes To Europe
False adverting. Like I explained in my first post, this was frustrating for the characters and for the viewer, and as a European myself (I've never been to the US), I was really looking forward to how Europe would be portrayed in an American cartoon. I like how this show portrays American suburbia, and we have also seen Japan (Mondo-Coco) and Mexico (Let Your Hare Down). I would have loved to have seen the UK, Netherlands, Germany etc. It would perhaps be a little hard to fit into an ordinary episode though, but if the creators ever decides to do a one-off Fosters special in the future, they could write a wrong and actually send them to Europe!

1. The Bride to Beat
It seems everybody loves this one-but I hate it! (I know hate is a strong word, so I'll control myself). An severely dumb and puny premise (Bloo thinks Mac is getting married) and many plot holes (why would Mac plan to trash Duchess's party if he knew he would be busy that day? Would he be to busy to visit Fosters that day? He'd have to mention it to Bloo sometime. Why is he wearing that tuxedo at the home? Where is Mom and Terrance?) Excessively focuses on Bloo, who is really annoying in this one, especially the crying, and I just cannot see him trying maturity. Cliches galore, from a heavy-stereotyped France to Bloo's attempts at being grown-up ('bringing home the bacon', the newspapers, the pet names). Boring for Mac and very boring for me. And I hated the wedding scene. Call me over-sensitive but that's just something I don't like to see- a wedding getting crashed like that. Mac's reaction was hugely out of character, joining Bloo like that is just something he wouldn't do (does he hate his family?). A huge rip-off of The Graduate (there's a fine line between paying homage and ripping off), and I really missed the classic group dynamic of the Fosters five (Mac, Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo and Coco). I wished I never watched it.

PHEW! I didn't hold back did I? I'm glad to get it out of my system! Any episodes I don't like, I just try to forget about them and consider them non-canon.... as in it never happened (like Rocky V). It sounds petty and whiny, but that's just me!;)

Before I stop, I'll just make some minor comments regarding some other episodes. As you can tell, I don't like episodes with weak plots and jokes , and/or rely excessively on the characters frustrations, and have very unsatisfying endings ('torture' episodes), and don't feel like Fosters. That's why I agree with most of the comments on by far the most universally disliked episode ever, Impostors. It had some neat ideas (the 'Bloo is wrong' jar, the idea of a human pretending to be an imaginary friend), but was heavy cruel on Frankie, and was about as fun as prison (not that I'd know!).

As for the second most disliked episode (or so it seems), Everyone Knows Its Bendy. I don't dislike this one as much as everyone else, but it was a bit weak, and repetitive, but I thought it had a decent twist at the end. I don't mind watching it, but I can relate to the reason it is disliked so much- that Bendy got away with. It reminded me of a typical episode of Dexter's Laboratory (which I think is great!), in that (to quote Wikipedia) "most episodes end in an unresolved state with no easy solution offered for returning the characters to normal", so that the house was in ruins, Bendy got away with it and the gang were in deep trouble.

I'm not keen on episodes that rely too much on Cheese (I'm not a fan of him, and to be honest I'd rather him be a one off character. Sorry!), and I found Bloo Superdude and the Ceremony a little boring. Not to say it was bad or anything, but I explain more on it's thread.

After reading my rants, I can understand that I sound whiny and hard to please, but I think Fosters is and excellent cartoon, with great characters, a wonderfully unique premise, superb writing, fantastic designs and real soul! I just want to get what I don't like out of my system, rather than bottle it in, and so I feel more comfortable. I will soon make a start on my top 10! :bloogrin:

Lynnie
10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I think you're the first to dislike Bride to Beat that much. Have you seen the thread for that episode? Many of us had the same annoyances that you did. The absence of Mom and Terrence were a big one, especially with it being a family wedding. But then it was speculated that his cousin Tammy might be on his dad's side, so his mom wouldn't have any interest in going, and Terrence, he may have been there but not shown or he was being his usual rebellious self and didn't show up because he might think weddings are lame or something. I personally loved that episode as I have a thing for kids and weddings. As it so happens, the imaginary friend of mine whom I got most involved with was my imaginary "husband", and I daydreamed soooo many times what it might be like to get married for real at the age of 8 (or 7, or 12, as that's when I started imagining him and when I stopped). So I love seeing how other people (the show's creators) portray the thought of a kid getting married, even when it's just in the delusional mind of silly and egotistic Blooregard.

I can totally understand where you're coming from though. That's a very thorough list. :)

One Radical Dude
10-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Tough choice, in no order, I'll say:

1. Bloooo

2. Pranks for Nothing

3. The Little Peas

4. The Trouble With Scribbles

5. Squeakerboxxx

1. I never really fell in love with that episode at all. Definitely at the bottom, in my book. 2. It was a "meh" episode, IMO, and I was a little bummed Mac didn't appear at all. 3. Basically, it was "The Big Cheese", except it centered around Peas in that episode. 4. Another episode that I wasn't too crazy about. Same with #5.

Another Castle
10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Lynnie
I have read that thread, but I tend to avoid it. I have noticed some people are annoyed not to see Mom and Terrance. If she was there or not, however, another huge plot hole is that she would find out what happened, and that Mac is still friends with Bloo. Just another reason I prefer to believe this episode never happened.

I believe Mac's parents are divorced, but I believe Mac's dad is in prison (explaining why we properly don't see him at the wedding, and why Mac is scared of prison-as seen in Crime After Crime and Library Crook- as well of ruining his good boy reputation if he did get properly arrested)

Another Castle
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
I will try not to take up too much space, but I have counted all of the nominations, and will present them now:

Imposters- 19 votes
Fosters Goes To Europe and I Only Have Surprise For You- 15 votes
Everyone Knows It's Bendy- 11 votes :sadbendy:
Where There's a Wilt There's a Way- 9 votes
Blooooo- 8 votes
Camp Keep a Good Mac Down and Eman Complication- 7 votes
The Little Peas and Phone Home- 6 votes
Bye Bye Nerdy- 5 votes
SqueakerBoxxx, The Big Cheese and The Big Lablooski- 3 votes

My So-Called Wife, Make Belive it or Not, Bloo Done It, Challenge of the Superfriend, The Trouble With Scribbles, A Sight for Sore Eyes, Neighbour Pains, Go Goo Go, Mac Daddy, Who Let the Dogs In, Cheese-a-Go-Go, Better Off Ed, Pranks for Nothing- 2 votes

Setting A President, Cuckoo for Coco Cards, Adoptalypse Now, Ducthess of Wails, House Of Bloos, Eddie Monster, Land of the Flea, Overdue Liberary Crook, Partying, Somthing Old Somthing Bloo, Hiccy Burp, Hair Today Gone Tommorow, The Bride to Beat- 1 vote

Lucky
09-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I didn't like:

5. Where There's a Wilt, There's a Way (boring)

4. Everyone Know's it's Bendy (boring)

3. Mondo Coco (yawn)

2. Foster's Goes to Europe (Why madame Foster, why?)

1. I Only have Surprise for You (Poor Mac)

Lynnie
I have read that thread, but I tend to avoid it. I have noticed some people are annoyed not to see Mom and Terrance. If she was there or not, however, another huge plot hole is that she would find out what happened, and that Mac is still friends with Bloo. Just another reason I prefer to believe this episode never happened.

I believe Mac's parents are divorced, but I believe Mac's dad is in prison (explaining why we properly don't see him at the wedding, and why Mac is scared of prison-as seen in Crime After Crime and Library Crook- as well of ruining his good boy reputation if he did get properly arrested)

Actually, word of god says his father is dead, to kinda relate to Craig McCracken's childhood. This was never stated outright in the show

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Everyone Knows It's Bendy

Imposter's Home for Make em up Pals

Emancipation Proclamation

The Big Cheese

Hiccy-Burp